Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2008, 10:40 PM   #1
dood gone krazee
RATOOOOOOOOO
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dood gone krazee Send a message via MSN to dood gone krazee
Default Pan's Labyrinth

***SPOILER***

So I saw this last night for the first time, and I'm seriously in love with this movie. Sure its a foreign film, they speak in Spanish and you have to read subtitles, but hell, this movie is amazing! The movie is about this girl and her pregnant mother who travel to a Captain's base, which is a mill in the forest. Turns out that the girl is a Princess and must do three tasks to show if she is immortal or not. The time is during a civil war in Spain. Amazing movie though, extremely gory and violent. Example, the Captain finds two people hunting for rabbits. They say they were hunting, he doesn't believe them, takes a beer bottle and smashes one of the guys face till hes on the ground dead, shots the other guy five times in the head and then shoots the guy laying on the floor a couple of times. Yes, there was blood. Of course then he finds a rabbit in the man's bag, oops.

Apart from that though, I think its an amazing movie. The graphics were very good, the storyline was amazing and the ending was spectacular. The creatures were great too, I loved the monster who lived underground with the feast. Eyes in his hands, eats children... greeeeat. The sets were put together well and the film was shot in Spain. Loved the scene changes too, very unqiue.

So to those who have seen it, what are your thoughts on the film?

Last edited by dood gone krazee; 03-22-2008 at 09:17 AM..
dood gone krazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #2
otaku_ism
FFR Player

Default Re: Pan's Labyrinth

It was really good and sad and really confusing, that's all i have to say but i saw it in english, no subtitles

We all love DJ SHARPNEL !!!!!
otaku_ism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:17 AM   #3
charless
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to charless Send a message via MSN to charless Send a message via Yahoo to charless

Where the hell did you see it in English? Must have been some crappy dub over. It's most appreciated watching this movie in Spanish with English subs.

My review:

This is a movie with a simple and straightforward plot which contains layers and layers of intelligent writing, metaphors and message.

To speak further about the script will end up in spoilers and that would be pointless since my very purpose writing this review is to encourage people to see it.

This is no small feat, interpreting fantasy as something of a product of a real world, cross-referencing how the child acts to her real surroundings and the "other world", metaphors that describe the accelerated state of growing up some of us are put through... Incredible. Simple, straightforward yet there is so much to be appreciated.

I am also grateful for them not dubbing it (otaku_ism -- where did you watch it dubbed in straight English?). Watching it in its' original language is much, much more rewarding even if I had to rely on the subtitles for most of the time.

This is a brilliant movie. Watch it.
Tier Points: 755,128
Charles Mullen Internet Marketing Blog
charless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
EpikLow
FFR Player

I had to watch it in Spanish class and it was okay. I was playing solitare most of the time though lolz, but it was pretty sad at the end. This girl in my Math class draws eyes on her hands and always looks at me O______o
EpikLow is offline   Reply With Quote