Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Audio and Music Production
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 09:36 PM   #1
Kamunt
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kamunt Send a message via MSN to Kamunt Send a message via Yahoo to Kamunt
Default So I Want to Submit a Song(s) to FFR

EDIT: The updated, location-corrected (sort of) thread can be found here. This one won't be updated anymore, unless I, for some reason, get some replies out of it.

Hello, Static JungleGym. *waves nervously* I'm Kamunt, as some of you may know me, but when I'm mixin', masterin', mashin' and mushin' up my ACID and FLS, I go by MvM. I've been very strongly considering submitting some of my works to FFR in the hopes that they might some day join the ranks of those other songs found on R1. My official-ish music page can be found here on ACIDplanet.com (note that there are 2 other profiles on my account there with music, too: Kamunt & E.M.Theory), but I also have a SoundClick and a MySpace. I already have some songs of mine in mind to use, so I wanted to have some people check them out in advance before I decide to get too excited and just fire away everything I got at the poor, defenseless Submissions forum. Here's my songs that I currently have it whittled down to:
  1. MvM feat. L.E.D LIGHT "DROP DEAD (Crimson VOX Mix)" / Breakcore
  2. MvM / "A Spring Shower (Uptempo Mix)" / Happy Hardcore/Trance [Trancecore?]
    (One of my current most popular/favorite songs on the site)
  3. MvM / "Arbitration (MvM's Acustik House Mix)" / House
    (Originally for a battle with 2 other AP artists, which I ended up winning by several votes)
  4. MvM / "Bleeps Sweeps Creeps (MvM's Hip Dip Trippin' Mix)" / Hip-Hop/Breaks
    (This one was originally for a contest. I lost, but people still keep listening to it, for some reason)
  5. MvM / "T-N.R.G. (Bounce) (Longer Mix)" / Hard Trance [?]
    (Am also working on an "exclusive" "FFRemix", if you will. If it ends up not being teh suck, it'll get posted)
  6. MvM [though it's "E.M.Theory" on my AP] / "Girl Trouble (MvM Audition Mix)" / Minimal Techno
    (Recently decided this song doesn't suck, so it goeth up, too)

...That's what I've got for now. *breathes* As if my original 3 picks weren't enough, lol. Obviously, all of these songs aside from DROP DEAD would be edited for length purposes, especially A Spring Shower, so that they would better conform to FFR:R1 standards. Even if you don't listen to all of them, if some of you all could just take a listen and critique them, weigh them, and above all else see which ones would sound better in FFR, I would appreciate it to no end. (Happy ending?)* Please chastise me lightly, for I am still a bit of a production n00b and still have much to learn. Plus, I'm trapped in a glass case of emootion just like every other American teenager. Thank you all so much in advance!

Closing notes for those who care:

Girl Trouble and Bleeps Sweeps Creeps are two really different songs for me, in that I really don't explore much at all in the glitchy/minimal techno departments, yet they both came out surprisingly well (according to myself, a few RL friends, & my fellow APers, at least).

* After writing this horrible thing, the author of this post was promptly flailed and attacked with a Spartan Thrust. He then promised to "never again post such garbage anywhere except the Garbage Bin." You have the author's sincerest apologies.

Last edited by Omeganitros : Today at 01:46 AM. Reason: What the hell were you thinking?

Last edited by Kamunt; 05-13-2007 at 11:17 PM.. Reason: Nucleer. Nucaler. Yeeah. Yee-aa-uh.
Kamunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:49 PM   #2
DrugstoreCowboy
Is Famouz
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DrugstoreCowboy
Default Re: So I Want to Submit a Song(s) to FFR

I really like your arbitration song. I like the acoustic guitar in it.. Ive been trying to put some acoustic into my techno/trance, but i cant get it to fit as nicely as you <3

DrugstoreCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:59 PM   #3
hur hur Blazze
Banned

If you want a song to get into ffr, I could do it I guess. I didn't listen to any of your stuff, but can you pick the song you think would have steps fit to that isn't very repetitive. Then chop it to around 1:30-2:30. Then email me it.

(i'll pm you my email address)
hur hur Blazze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:48 PM   #4
Kamunt
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kamunt Send a message via MSN to Kamunt Send a message via Yahoo to Kamunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugstoreCowboy View Post
I really like your arbitration song. I like the acoustic guitar in it.. Ive been trying to put some acoustic into my techno/trance, but i cant get it to fit as nicely as you <3
*beams* Why, thank you! That really means a lot coming from one who already has a song(s) in FFR! I know, I really loved the acoustic guitars in that one, too. Would you believe that the 4 guitar samples used in that song were all part of one of the free, downloadable "8packs" from ACIDplanet.com at one point in time? Not that the opinions of those who don't have songs in FFR aren't welcomed, those are very welcomed, as well! A foo' like me isn't picky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hur hur Blazze View Post
If you want a song to get into ffr, I could do it I guess. I didn't listen to any of your stuff, but can you pick the song you think would have steps fit to that isn't very repetitive. Then chop it to around 1:30-2:30. Then email me it.

(i'll pm you my email address)
Thanks for the offer, Blazze, and welcome to FFR. Please excuse me if I seem skeptical, but this IS only your first post here. I'll even try stepping my songs myself, since I don't think I stink at stepping, but I think it's the site admins who eventually choose the best steps for the song, right? You're more than welcome to try stepping them if you like, though. Oh, that reminds me, I gotta remember to make all my songs start exactly at 0.000 seconds, too...

Last edited by Omeganitros : Today at 01:46 AM. Reason: What the hell were you thinking?

Last edited by Kamunt; 04-29-2007 at 10:56 PM..
Old 04-29-2007, 10:57 PM   #5
hur hur Blazze
Banned

www.flashflashrevolution.com/profile/blazze

I've been here for about a year, i'm one of the top players, and I have 4 songs that I stepped going into the game as of now.

Last edited by hur hur Blazze; 04-29-2007 at 11:01 PM..
Old 04-29-2007, 11:03 PM   #6
hur hur Blazze
Banned

Thanks for the welcome anyways.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:22 PM   #7
Kamunt
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hur hur Blazze View Post
www.flashflashrevolution.com/profile/blazze

I've been here for about a year, i'm one of the top players, and I have 4 songs that I stepped going into the game as of now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZZE's profile
Banned
Oh...I can see that.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:52 PM   #8
hur hur hurrr Blazze
Banned

pm sent
hur hur hurrr Blazze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:53 PM   #9
Doug31
Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Doug31

Zomg, this is your first post, welcome to FFR, blazze!
Old 04-29-2007, 11:57 PM   #10
hur hur hurrr Blazze
Banned

ololthx dug ^_^ k so i wuz wunderin how do ppl do da rly hard songz im confussed halp me dug
Old 04-30-2007, 12:04 AM   #11
Kamunt
FFR Player

O_O; I don't wanna get you permanently banned, BLAZZE...

Old 04-30-2007, 12:06 AM   #12
hur hur hurrr Blazze
Banned

Too late.

EMAIL ME A SONG GOD DAMN
Old 04-30-2007, 12:07 AM   #13
Doug31
Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Doug31

He is permanently banned, he just keeps making another account each time the one he's using gets banned. He's been doing this for a looooong time, too.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:14 AM   #14
JasonKey
FFR Underseer
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I seriously like Drop Dead so far ... listening to some others.

Some nice work here really!

And I concur, Arbitration is slick too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
I will be fix this. No worries. It happened during a version upgrade.
Cheers,
Synthlight

Last edited by JasonKey; 04-30-2007 at 12:19 AM..
JasonKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:20 AM   #15
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

post something up in the Permissions/Songs subforum, specifically in the "Artist's Blanket Permission" thread. that would be where you'd get the most traffic.

the subforum is within FFR General Talk. from there, i would imagine that people will start stepping your stuff and sending it to me for review.

my one advice would be to crop the length beforehand, and make FFR Edits for the songs. and list the BPM of the songs; makes it easier for the stepfile authors.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:15 PM   #16
sleeplessdragn
~Bang that beat Harder~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Strange how we have a submissions forum AND a submissions sub-forum. More strange is that the sub-forum isn't contained in the (larger) forum.
Old 05-2-2007, 08:48 PM   #17
Kamunt
FFR Player

Sorry for the late responses. Musical rehearsals have been a large pain in the buttocks, as well as my general level of energy. The Sound of Music, opening night tomorrow, w00t woot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonKey View Post
I seriously like Drop Dead so far ... listening to some others.

Some nice work here really!

And I concur, Arbitration is slick too!
Aw, /blush. I'm glad people don't think everything sucks, at least, lol. That should increase my chances some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
post something up in the Permissions/Songs subforum, specifically in the "Artist's Blanket Permission" thread. that would be where you'd get the most traffic.

the subforum is within FFR General Talk. from there, i would imagine that people will start stepping your stuff and sending it to me for review.
:3 Yearrgh. Should I not post my songs in the FFR Song Submission forum at the bottom of the page then, or both?

Quote:
my one advice would be to crop the length beforehand, and make FFR Edits for the songs. and list the BPM of the songs; makes it easier for the stepfile authors.
Ah. Yes, that would be smart, wouldn't it. Thanks for ze advices, they shall be carried out soon.

Old 05-5-2007, 12:23 PM   #18
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

i'd go with the permissions subforum... it gets more traffic.

yea, we have the song submissions forum at the bottom, but hardly anyone checks it out anymore.