Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2006, 02:54 PM   #1
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall
Default 42 All-Time Classics. (DS)

So I bought this game for the DS, 42 All-time Classics for the price of £20.00. I think it's great. For what it is (card games, board games and other things like darts) I think it brilliant. Yea, its not non stop adrenaline pumping action but it's defiantly got something. Seeing as I have time on my side I will list every game.

Basic Card Games
Old Maid
Spit
I Doubt It
Sevens
Memory
Pig

Intermediate Card Games
Blackjack
Hearts
President
Rummy
Seven Bridge
Least Card
Last Card Plus

Advanced Card Games
Five Card Draw
Texas Hold'Em
Nap
Spades
Contract Bridge

Basic Board Games
Chinese Checkers
Checkers
Dots and Boxes
Hasami Shogi
Turncoat
Connect Five
Grid Attack

Advanced Board Games
Backgammon
Chess
Shogi
Field Tactics
Ludo

Variety Games
Soda Shake
Dominoes
Koi-Koi
Word Balloon

Action Games
Bowling
Darts
Billiards
Balance
Takeover

Single-Player Games
Solitare
Escape
Mahjong Solitare

Being able to use the stylus to move cards and such makes this game 5 times better. Every game comes with easy to read and understandable rules to read if you don't know how to play, also there are hints and tips that pop up if you look stuck (these can be turned off). All these games, apart from the single player games, are multiplayer via muli-card play or WiFi. You can use Picto Chat in Muliplayer too. You can change setting to the game to select how many players or CPU are in, CPU Difficulty and additional rules (some games can be changed to include the Joker etc). You can also change the Design of the table or Dart board, you can unlock other designs.

There are three modes. These are "Mission Mode", "Free Play" and "Stamp". "Mission Mode" is where you have missions like "Achieve Going Rummy in Rummy" and "Win perfect game in Hasami Shogi" to unlock designs and player icons. "Stamp Mode" is where you play every game one by one, depending on whether you win or become 1st, 2nd or 3rd depends whether you get a stamp. You must gain three stamps in order to progress to the next level. "Free Play" mode is self explanatory.

All in all this is a good game. Like I said before its not action packed madness, just card and board games (although being able to play these games on the go is awesome). Reasonable at £20.00 as well. Good fun.

My favourite games here are Chess, Field Tactics, Rummy, Texas Hold'em, Darts, I Doubt it, Hosami Shogi and Shogi.

Last edited by SethSquall; 10-11-2006 at 03:02 PM..
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #2
Tonberry_Kid
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tonberry_Kid Send a message via MSN to Tonberry_Kid
Default Re: 42 All-Time Classics. (DS)

I might look into this.

It sounds like something that would entertain me on my upcoming band trip.(Yay for 10 hour trips to only stay for a day)
My method of making love is quite different than you might expect. I prefer to find a girl taking a nap at the local preschool, and then make love to them as they scream in my large, sound-proofed, white van. I then make love on their face, and throw them in an ice-chest of bleach. For pillow talk, I usually say, "Your parents can't hear you," and keep their teddy bear as a momento. You could call me a hopeless romantic, I guess.
Tonberry_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:36 PM   #3
Kenzya
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kenzya
Default Re: 42 All-Time Classics. (DS)

I was really bummed you couldn't play Old Maid online.
Kenzya is offline   Reply With Quote