Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-2-2015, 02:19 PM   #1
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default I'm going in for surgery

For wisdom teeth removal & gum reconstruction.

Currently on a liquid diet until the surgery because I have to eat through a straw, so things like yogurt and pudding and weird blender drinks.

I'm going in on Thursday with anesthetics, and I wanted to ask if you've had an experience on anesthetics what was it like? I've never been on anesthetics, only laughing gas, and some of the procedures I've had with laughing gas has given me phobias of dentists.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 02-2-2015 at 02:22 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2015, 02:30 PM   #2
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: I'm going in for surgery

enjoy the drugs
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2015, 02:38 PM   #3
Sky Kitten
Crazy Cat Lady
Community Manager, User Support
Community ManagerGlobal ModeratorFFR Veteran

I got my wisdom teeth out when I was 18. It was also my first time being administered anesthesia so my dentist could perform the surgery. Couldn't eat or drink anything after midnight on the day of the surgery so they could give me the anesthetic. :V

When I got it, I was pretty much knocked out for a good hour and a half to 2 hours and woke up just as they were finished. Although the pain came in full speed as soon as I woke up, lololol, and the recovery took about a week to a week and a half (lots of soft foods and food not too hot otherwise it hurt like hell)

(also had to hold on to people because I felt like crap after it was all over ;_; )

Overall, good experience. I can understand the phobia of dentists since I, too, get chills whenever I go and visit them. My dentist is really good to me and the rest of the family, though, so worth it in the end. I'm sure you'll be fine.

FMO AAAs (22): Heavenly Spores, .357 Magnum, Pure Ruby, VS Boss Battle, Black, You Goddamn Fish, Faint Breath, Epilogue, Crimson Flood, Zombie Killing Blood Spilling, Saffron City (offline), Fast Asleep, R2, Her Majesty, Defection, Happy Meal, Bit Blue, Stupor of Peace, Tightwad, Progressive jikuu shoujo! Urashima Taroko-chan!, Annihilator Method, Skyfire Ace

Last edited by Sky Kitten; 02-2-2015 at 02:40 PM..
Sky Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2015, 02:40 PM   #4
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Like Mr. Pop said, you'll be put out and won't even realize it's coming. It's like you blackout and you don't remember what even happened. When I woke up, I was incredibly sleepy and wanted nothing else to do but wanting to sleep some more until I felt like I was finally rested. For the small duration I was awake, my vision was very blurry and my balance was off quite a bit. I didn't want to talk at all since I didn't feel well put together, but I did comply with simple instructions when I had to do something (i.e. go to the car, watch your step).
I don't think there is much to worry about since the procedure is pretty common/simple. If you are one of the people that happens to stay awake after the surgery, please have someone record you. Hope everything goes well for you.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 02-2-2015 at 02:41 PM..
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2015, 02:58 PM   #5
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

after wisdom teeth surgery they say to not drink from straws, or suck hard on anything. this is because dry socket. dry socket is not something you want. do not drink from straws

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/gui...-and-treatment

i repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2015, 02:59 PM   #6
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Kitten View Post
I can understand the phobia of dentists since I, too, get chills whenever I go and visit them.
well the reason I have a bit of a phobia is because when I was about 11 years old, I had to visit a doctor to have a third set tooth pulled. (that's when a tooth outside of your 2 sets of teeth comes in like an anomaly out of nowhere) We couldn't afford anesthetics back then nor did the doctor offered it because he considered it minor (it was just a single tooth pull) so we were optioned for laughing gas.

To put a long story short, the doctor took longer than expected, I had a mouth-guard on so I couldn't talk, and the laughing gas wore off without the dentist noticing. The result, a really painful tooth pulling experience with pliers and the doctor's bare hands. I still remember the taste of the latex gloves on the doctor's hand while he was trying to pull out the tooth.

Most times now that I've visited the doctors as of recently is to get basic cleaning done, get check-ups to see how it's doing, what I'd need to opt for in the future, etc. This is the first time I've had real physical changes in a long time. I won't lie, I'm fucking scared.

Really appreciate the backhand expectancies & support guys.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 02-2-2015 at 03:10 PM..
Old 02-2-2015, 03:04 PM   #7
Sky Kitten
Crazy Cat Lady
Community Manager, User Support
Community ManagerGlobal ModeratorFFR Veteran

Ahh, I see. My dentist had to use pliers on me once in 8th grade because I had a toothache... wasn't nice at all. >_<

Everything will be fine, dude. I'm sure it will be. ^^

FMO AAAs (22): Heavenly Spores, .357 Magnum, Pure Ruby, VS Boss Battle, Black, You Goddamn Fish, Faint Breath, Epilogue, Crimson Flood, Zombie Killing Blood Spilling, Saffron City (offline), Fast Asleep, R2, Her Majesty, Defection, Happy Meal, Bit Blue, Stupor of Peace, Tightwad, Progressive jikuu shoujo! Urashima Taroko-chan!, Annihilator Method, Skyfire Ace
Sky Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2015, 03:24 PM   #8
KLiTz
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
It's like you blackout and you don't remember what even happened.
This.

And then they give you more drugs to keep the pain away. You'll be just fine.
KLiTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2015, 03:35 PM   #9
Guest15937
One-handed elite
FFR Veteran

I had surgery once when I was five years old, to get my adenoids removed (at the time I didn't even know what surgery was or what it entailed.)

I remember laying on a bed, waking up and asking my mom when they were going to start. (Of course) they had, in fact, just performed the surgery.
Old 02-2-2015, 03:37 PM   #10
Starlight562
Flower Baby♥
FFR Veteran

When I was 17 I had my wisdom teeth pulled out along with jaw surgery and they also made some changes in my gums as well.

I can't even remember most of what happened before I was out. It's like you're there one moment then the next it's black and you're being woken up by a nurse. As mentioned, you're just really sleepy and want to knock out again but they generally try and keep you awake. I had to stay in the hospital over night so they were continuously waking me up throughout.

My mouth was clamped shut for 6 weeks. It sucked. The pain meds are what really made me sick though, once we figured out that was what was making me unable to hold down my liquids and just sucked up the pain and refused to take more of it.
Old 02-2-2015, 03:47 PM   #11
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

lol my wisdom teeth removal was just the numbing of the gums via injection then they just kinda broke them out as i was awake (no pain though since numb)

odd feeling, bit of pain afterwards and i didnt get drugs gg

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 02-2-2015 at 03:47 PM..
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2015, 04:02 PM   #12
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
lol my wisdom teeth removal was just the numbing of the gums via injection then they just kinda broke them out as i was awake (no pain though since numb)

odd feeling, bit of pain afterwards and i didnt get drugs gg
yeah exactly the same case here

woo cut rate health insurance!
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2015, 04:10 PM   #13
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

It's been about a year now, but when I got my wisdom teeth removed, yeah... it really was like as if I suddenly blacked out.

One moment I get injected with the anesthetic and have a gas mask on me, the next I'm in some room I don't remember and I have a whole bunch of gauze in my mouth.

I was a poor listener, they said to apply ice to the area, but I don't think I did. My cheek didn't swell a whole lot either. I guess I got lucky there!?

Also, expect pain to be with you for a good few days before you get used to it. As well as the urge to bite down on something hard where your wisdom teeth once were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

Last edited by Charu; 02-2-2015 at 04:11 PM..
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2015, 04:37 PM   #14
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Did all the prep work and went in, they numbed my gums and told me to wait a bit.

about 5 minutes later they set the chair back and put a gas mask over my face an asked me to count to ten. I think I got to 6 and the next thing i remember was waking up.

It's really not that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 02-2-2015 at 04:40 PM..
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2015, 05:39 PM   #15
Riotpolice
"Reach For The Stars"
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Riotpolice Send a message via Skype™ to Riotpolice

For me, they stuck me with a needle in my arm, and I looked up at the ceiling and before you know it, I was awake!

There's a bit of pain in the process of healing, but when the dentist strongly recommends to not use a straw in the first 2-3 weeks, DO NOT USE A STRAW OR YOU WILL KNOW TRUE PAIN.
Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0de View Post
im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.
Riotpolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2015, 06:37 PM   #16
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann

Make sure you get your mom to drive you unless you want to see a video of you totally out of your mind on the internet.

And I got all 4 done at once, it really is quite easy. I got laughing gas and a drip, but only because I wanted to be totally out when they performed it. Just make sure you listen to the directions you're given; you don't want stitches to be coming out early, or breaking. Otherwise, you'll be alright! Good luck my man!

Submit to this -
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2015, 08:10 PM   #17
gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotpolice View Post
DO NOT USE A STRAW OR YOU WILL KNOW TRUE PAIN.
broken arm & torn bicep with a concussion from a motorcycle hitting me in the back of the head & waking in the hospital 8 hours later can confirm I know true pain.

- Tosh 2014

Old 02-2-2015, 08:12 PM   #18
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

be ready to not be able to open your mouth for a while too, i remember being in pain trying to get a spoon through my teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2015, 08:20 PM   #19
Garquillex
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

"I'm gonna try to stay awake as long as I can!"
"oh hey I'm being rolled through a hallway and can't move"

the worst part was bleeding severely for 12 hours straight and not being able to go to sleep because of it. Probably about 150ml of blood dripped onto my shirt after soaking through a massive amount of gauze 20 minutes into my drive home
Old 02-2-2015, 09:50 PM   #20
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

Don't make the same mistake I did and make sure to take your pain pills long before you start feeling the pain after the surgery when the drugs start wearing off. Worst 30 minutes of my life while I waited for those pills to kick in. The pain...THE PAAAAAIIINNNN.

Last edited by shenjoku; 02-2-2015 at 09:51 PM..
shenjoku is offline   Reply With Quote