Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #41
DragonIIDX
Not dragon, but dinosaur
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DragonIIDX
Default Re: What do you think you will be if you never heard of FFR?

- I probably wouldn't have gotten into rhythm games and found some of the best music I have ever heard.
- I would be sitting and playing Bejeweled Blitz nonstop.
- Wouldn't have met great people on this site.
- Would also play video games nonstop.
- Less social.
- I wouldn't have a getaway from high school.
- Stepmania

I could be a different person if it wasn't for FFR... I've been playing for 5 years and had this account for almost 4 years, it's a part of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clasko1000 View Post
banned for having an affair with peach
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
d-guy and d-guy skype pals 10/15/13
Simfiles Updated 11/30/13
DragonIIDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #42
CammyGoesRawr
nocturnal girl (〜✘﹏✘)〜
FFR Veteran

I would be soooooo different~. Just to name some things:

-I wouldn't have gotten back into playing the piano.
-I would still have a large trust issue and have a hard time talking to people about what's on my mind
-I would likely not be alive.
-I might have had a social life outside of my house; more so the four walls in my room
-I never would have discovered all the artists that influence me as a musical artist.

CammyGoesRawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #43
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

yea my taste in music would have just been stuck with rock and metal, which I still listen to, but now I like a ton of other genres as well

honestly idk what else could have happened.....FFR sort of boosted my self esteem, knowing I could be good at something, at least. However, there's a list of people and things that happened that makes me wish I never went on this site >.>
Old 05-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #44
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammyGoesRawr View Post
-I would likely not be alive.
I can about say the same; while FFR wasn't the main reason I didn't, it was still a major influence having people around that cared.

Other stuff basically what people have already said, I'd be more productive, know a lot less to do with computers/the internet, not know a lot of the music I listen to, etc.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #45
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

FFR is absolutely one of the best things that have happened to me. I still have to thank the guy that showed me it.

I realized that:
-practice really helps you to achieve anything you want(Doss' tourneys)
-Mahjong is sex
-Hakulyte is sex
-sex
-people are better than me and it's ok. I used to freak out if I versed someone better than me and I would just be jealous of them.
-also, some godamn social skills, kinda. Sometimes, I might talk like an idiot but my god.. my first forum post was just ridiculous. I'm glad I got that out of the way and was able to learn from it early.
-I was kinda already good with rhythms, but this just sent me over the top and allowed me to excel at anything musical at school.

This game; this site changed my life, and I would totally type about all the things that changed, but everything was effected.
Because of arrows. Because of people. Because of Music.
Frank Munoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #46
I like it
Housekeeper
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

the music i listen to is probably the only thing that would be different, so glad i found ffr tho
I like it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #47
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

biggest thing about finding ffr is meeting people

not just meeting people online, but I've met a great deal of people irl with whom I've become great friends. I mean heck I go to visit them in Toronto every year now, going on my 3rd year. Even had some people come visit me here in Moncton, met some people in neighboring cities in the province, and then some. It doesn't matter where I go it seems there's always someone in the rhythm gaming community I know that I can meet. Even in Orlando I got to meet a bunch of chill dudes.

Thanks to bluexoon/#kbo our group there has gotten pretty tight-knit and it's become a home to us. MAHJONG RULZ
Old 05-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #48
RagedBerserker
Hello Kitty
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I would... not know as much about simple computer or forum software. Imaging, downloading different things to help boost performance, coding, all simple, but things I never really knew. Honestly, FFR has just been a solid place to go when I'm bored, and seeing what other people have to say has been nice and actually somewhat informing of things I usually don't really care about.

Also I've made a couple friends but eh, maybe someday I'll go to one of these meet-ups and get to know other people on the site a little more. But, that's if I feel like driving to NJ or some shite.

FFR has just been nice overall ever since first starting to play summer of '04. But honestly, I would be doing mostly everything the same as I am now, just a little less knowledgeable on certain things.

Also never have posted much but oh well... I'd say 25% of you have heard of me. Maybe..

I'm just an old boy now
RagedBerserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #49
PlayTrumpet
Lamingtons.
FFR Veteran

I probably wouldn't be as much of a hipster. And my current laptop keyboard wouldn't be worn out.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #50
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."

Well... I don't have a clue. Probably doing nothing at all... Like sitting on a chair and looking at the roof when Im not at school. At least that's what I was doing most of the time before FFR.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:40 AM   #51
musical_vampire
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to musical_vampire Send a message via Skype™ to musical_vampire

If it weren't for FFR, I wouldn't have met my husband~

I wouldn't have great social skills (as I talk lots in prochat and make friends on here)
I would be so bored, going through the internet to try to find an interesting, on-going game.
I wouldn't have expanded my musical interests.
I wouldn't have actually known as much anime if it weren't for FFR prochat. ^^;
I certainly wouldn't be going on Skype so often, considering that there's more people from FFR on my skype than I have people I know irl.
And I wouldn't have been really knowledgeable in video games as I do now.

musical_vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:04 AM   #52
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

i started playing ffr after i graduated high school so it never affected my school work. some things that woud be different though for sure are: i wouldnt have some of the irl friends that i have now(which are awesome), i wouldnt have such an open mind when it came to music, i wouldnt appreciate music the same way that i do now, i wouldve probably invested all my stepping time into something a shit load more productive, and wouldnt have as much internet cred as i do now
Old 05-22-2012, 01:15 AM   #53
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

It hasn't really changed my life much. I just played it from time to time as a kid, and it was never anything serious. Now it's just the current outlet for me to spend my free time. One thing it has done is introduce me to different music genres: Chiptune, Breakcore, etc. that are actually kind of cool when you get used to them.
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:41 AM   #54
Izzy
Snek

I might be... more successful?
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:49 AM   #55
U.N. Owen
FFR Player

Different taste in music.
Keyboard wouldn't be worn out.
Probably wouldn't have as good of friendship with ghost- and Levyc as I do. ghost- and I really learned a lot about each other as a result of spending so much time playing SM together. Levy and I became friends through ghost-. Though TGB probably wishes that I didn't find out about FFR for this very reason (since I introduced ghost- to FFR).
U.N. Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:59 AM   #56
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

Improbable situation, even if I hadn't known about FFR, I would've still figured out its existence at one point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:18 AM   #57
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

FFR, while not being a HUGE turning point in my life, did provide me a lot of insight in myself and showed me a lot of things I didn't know I enjoyed. The interactions and friendships I've made/had here did alter how I thought and functioned back in the day when I was a solid frequenter and devoted member of the community. Even now I still find myself coming back here now and then just to see that everyone is still here. Even though most of our generation doesn't play as much and as hardcore as we seem to have back in the day, it's nice to be able to come here and say hi and the like every once in a while because FFR will seemingly be the one thing that will forever connect us.

If I had never found FFR or heard of it... I would've never met Payden(albeit her and I found a really bad ending afterall) but being with her really taught me 80% of what I know about relationships and what I want in life. If I was never here, I would've probably been less inclined in my competitive gaming as I am with my xbox. As well, I definitely wouldn't be able to handle a woman's needs as expertly as I do(if you know what I mean hahaha)

Gotta thank FFR. Even though I've had huge rough patches with people here, y'all have made differences in my life so I'm glad I've been here for the 5+ years that I have. It's been great and I'll still be around

Phynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:19 AM   #58
danny53x
AKA Yotipo
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to danny53x

I feel alien from FFR. I used to feel at home, but I always feel like I'm visiting now.

But as I visit, I realize I would be a very different person. If not for FFR, I'd have probably been addicted to something less meaningful to me. I'm really glad this site exists, otherwise I wouldn't have found a passion for rhythm games. I wouldn't have gotten good at DDR, and I just find that I'd be less of a universal person.

Yes, I believe FFR's made me more universal. There's so many... odd people on this site. People that were so different than the people I knew in real life-- people I'm glad I encountered, whether I interacted with them or not.

ODI too, jesus. That sure changed me. Just the environment of a forum community.. FFR would be THE most impactful forum to me of everywhere I've been on the internet.

Based of a flash game, but such a diverse group of individuals worldwide. Whether or not I'd have been more "successful" is something I can't conceive. Just my exposure to these people has been an awesome ride. Most people probably don't know me, but what little I know of the lot of you has really opened my eyes. It made everyone I knew in school seem so bland and boring.

So yeah, overall positive experience, 5 stars would recommend to a friend
Old 05-22-2012, 06:51 AM   #59
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

I'd have found other place(s) to express ideas which would probably be infinitely more suited than FFR's CT. And I'd have just filled the play time with other games. My musical taste hasn't changed at all, albeit I'd likely not have found the artists or songs.

I'd be the same.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #60
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny53x View Post
I feel alien from FFR. I used to feel at home, but I always feel like I'm visiting now.

But as I visit, I realize I would be a very different person. If not for FFR, I'd have probably been addicted to something less meaningful to me. I'm really glad this site exists, otherwise I wouldn't have found a passion for rhythm games. I wouldn't have gotten good at DDR, and I just find that I'd be less of a universal person.

Yes, I believe FFR's made me more universal. There's so many... odd people on this site. People that were so different than the people I knew in real life-- people I'm glad I encountered, whether I interacted with them or not.

ODI too, jesus. That sure changed me. Just the environment of a forum community.. FFR would be THE most impactful forum to me of everywhere I've been on the internet.

Based of a flash game, but such a diverse group of individuals worldwide. Whether or not I'd have been more "successful" is something I can't conceive. Just my exposure to these people has been an awesome ride. Most people probably don't know me, but what little I know of the lot of you has really opened my eyes. It made everyone I knew in school seem so bland and boring.

So yeah, overall positive experience, 5 stars would recommend to a friend
no, bluexoon was the most impactful forum