Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #21
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

Default Re: I need help with something about Prom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSCB View Post
If you are in the same class as her you can ask your teacher if he can make one of the questions on a test/assessment "Will you go to prom with me, XXX? - XXX".

Or you can just walk to her in front of the entire school, wearing a tuxedo, tear all of your clothes off revealing a speedo and the letters PROM painted on your chest. (My friend advised me to try this.)
Haha I actually have a few classes with her, but my teachers wouldn't do that, I doubt. And although I'd do the 2nd idea, I don't think it'd go well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netjet! View Post
I'd go over the school announcements system and do something creative too if you are allowed to.
Not allowed to. ;/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballa48 View Post
Just keep it simple. Take her somewhere nice to eat and treat her like an angel, then simply ask. Girls like this better than the creative stuff.
This actually is an idea I considered and an idea she'd be okay with and an idea I'm still considering. I feel like it's too generic though. If I really can't think of anything good, this might be what I resort to. It's a good idea, but I want creativity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia View Post
Can't say your idea is bad but you can't say that a girl would like ____ better than _____ without knowing them.

I'm pretty sure if this girl expected something simple and something bigger would please her more, then Vanilla wouldn't be going through all this work.
Tbh I think my girlfriend would enjoy creativity a bit more. And yeah she doesn't expect something simple I don't think because I've been pretty creative in the past and I want to be a little creative this time instead of plain ideas.
Vanilla Mnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #22
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Mnm View Post
she doesn't expect something simple I don't think because I've been pretty creative in the past
^ Being a guy blows sometimes.

Write her a poem if your capable; if she has a car, paint all over her windows with window paint and on one (most likely driver's side window) ask about prom; set-up things can be your friend for creativity, go somewhere and have it set up beforehand or something (a few examples would be if your friend was willing, set up going to his/her house and have some kind of way of asking pre-setup there, or going to a restaurant where you've already had them set out a table cloth with it written or something). Sometimes you really just have to let ideas flow. You'll come up with 10000000000 things you'd never actually do, but eventually you'll find something.

Just think how I felt, I asked my ex out by poem etc, way to set retarded standards for myself from the beginning x___x
justin_ator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #23
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Just be direct and ask her. Creativity will just get you labeled as "desperate", unless it's something you two are pretty geeky about, then it's just cute.

And if that doesn't work, just go hang out with your friends. I'm sure some of them won't have dates.
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #24
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Just be direct and ask her. Creativity will just get you labeled as "desperate", unless it's something you two are pretty geeky about, then it's just cute.

And if that doesn't work, just go hang out with your friends. I'm sure some of them won't have dates.
Haha well everyone in my school is doing creative things, well a lot of people are, a lot of people are doing plain things too. I think she wants something creative, but tbh I honestly don't think she'll care that much, I just would prefer to do something creative. She'll definitely say yes and I will definitely be going to prom with her either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator View Post
^ Being a guy blows sometimes.

Write her a poem if your capable; if she has a car, paint all over her windows with window paint and on one (most likely driver's side window) ask about prom; set-up things can be your friend for creativity, go somewhere and have it set up beforehand or something (a few examples would be if your friend was willing, set up going to his/her house and have some kind of way of asking pre-setup there, or going to a restaurant where you've already had them set out a table cloth with it written or something). Sometimes you really just have to let ideas flow. You'll come up with 10000000000 things you'd never actually do, but eventually you'll find something.

Just think how I felt, I asked my ex out by poem etc, way to set retarded standards for myself from the beginning x___x
Haha I actually almost wrote a poem myself, and still might. I agree on the being a guy blows sometimes, very much. The window paint is a good idea.. but her car keeps breaking down and is being worked on. Maybe if I don't have a better idea when it comes out, I'll use that.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #25
neobahamut0zero
FFR Player

I didn't do anything creative to ask her. When prom was over, well this was my plan at least, I had the idea of pulling into an empty parking lot with a playlist of songs including our song burnt on to a CD already in the CD player(make damn sure well she doesn't hit CD on the ride there). Then I'd open her door lead her out into an open space, put the CD on with our song and slow dance with her. I did this because if your prom is anything like mine it will be a lot of hip hop, not even one slow song for the lovers.

Yet her friend came with us so that f***ed my plans, so I ended up pulling into her driveway and sang the song to her instead. I guess you would need a couple's song to do this with anyway, but yea just throwing out something.

Make a video, write a poem( I write letters and cards), make her something, leave it for her where her first class is or on her car somewhere.
neobahamut0zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #26
25thhour
I like max
FFR Veteran

Take her home to your house, and throw her on the bed like you're going to have sex with her. Take off your shirt and pants and revel "Prom?" written on your chest.
Then follow-up with sex.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #27
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25thhour View Post
Take her home to your house, and throw her on the bed like you're going to have sex with her. Take off your shirt and pants and revel "Prom?" written on your chest.
Then follow-up with sex.
I kind of like this idea tbh. It's unexpected which is a big thing I'm going for. I might do this.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #28
Mau5
FFR Player

Quote:
I kind of like this idea tbh. It's unexpected which is a big thing I'm going for. I might do this.
Jesus. found a way to successfully complete assignment AND factor in pretty much guaranteed sex

25th You the man
Mau5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:01 PM   #29
25thhour
I like max
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Gets you the best of both worlds. Go for it!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:56 AM   #30
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

You'll have to let us know how this goes regardless of what you do.
justin_ator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #31
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

I'm clearly old and out of the loop because I have no ****ing clue why you'd want to make a big deal of asking her to prom when you're already dating, or why she wants a big deal of it.
Regardless, stripping with putting 'prom?' on your chest is the worst idea ever. Its lazy and says 'I only want you for sex'. Which might be her thing, I dunno, but without knowing her or you at all my gut is a) she'll not even tell her friends for finding it embarassing or b) have a good laugh at your expense about it later with her friends about how pathetic and horny you are.

Hehe, act like you're going to propose to her. Make a nice date night, get down on one knee in some romantic spot, have a ring box and put a note in there asking her to go to prom with you. You could even start with something like 'I know we've only been dating 'x time', but you know how I feel about you. You're amazing and sweet blah blah blah, and so I have a really important question for you..."
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #32
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Best advice I can give:

Take what she loves and incorporate that somehow. My girlfriend loved it when I asked her to prom, I incorporated her favorite thing (Tennis) into it.

If you want details of what I did, I'll explain. But regardless, my point is - make it meaningful to her. Don't just do roses or candy or a card or singing like everyone else. Be a hipster. Make it different for her

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #33
pmonibuv1
yes
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to pmonibuv1 Send a message via Skype™ to pmonibuv1

Well if you still need help, I saw something in my school today. There were balloons setup in the front foyer of my school. They hung the balloons from the ceiling and made it spell out "prom". There was also a banner saying "Will you go to prom with me?" and the guy made the girl a shirt saying "Travel the world. A night in Paris" (A night in Paris is what the prom is called) hopefully that sparks some more ideas for you. \o/
FMO AAA's (55): Rottel-Da-Station, Church Bells, Arrogant Cobbler, Grocery Escape Plan, Disconnected Hardkore, Minute Waltz v2, Battle Theme #37, Flight of the Bumblebee, Midnight Dragon, Jeanie and Caroline, Blue-Violet, Puzzle, Kyrie, 300, Largiloquent Dithyramb, Brandish Headless, Going On Spring Wind, Novo Mundo, Gacha Gacha Hertz Figu atto Radio, Starwolf, Melonman's OP, Summer Time Perfume, Perfect Cherry Storm, Hajnal, Epidermis, Strangeprogram, Thrash, Lawn Wake I (LW EP Edit), Choprite, AIM Anthem, Dance and Zeal, Kanon Medley ~Metal Wings~, Clockwork, JULIA, Heavenly Spores, Distorted God, Radio Heads, Epilogue, Spoils, Ripoff, Since 1983, A FLOWER GARDEN, The earth blew up, Phalanx, Chronograph, Black Key Etude, Trinity, super mario bros theme (original NES is awesome), Jack-The-Ripper, Poppin' Shower, cheerful forest, Trisection v2, Devilz Staircase, Colibri, Club

FGO AAA's (2): Time To Eye, The Bird's Concrete Nosedive

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pmonibuv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #34
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

Write a series of notes that send her on a scavenger hunt. Each note tells her where to find the next note, along with something sweet written about her or something. The final note that asks her to prom, you could put inside of a large box (fill it with some dead weight and wrap it so it seems like it's not an empty box).

Yep.
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote