Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2010, 11:56 PM   #41
xxxim_a_noobxxx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xxxim_a_noobxxx Send a message via MSN to xxxim_a_noobxxx
Default Re: Anyone know any good MMORPGs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Or take a look at Bloodline Champions (In beta right now) which is basically a game which is, in its entirety, what WoW Arenas tries to be.

Since you said it is beta that is trying to be what Wow arenas is..Also that game looks like it lacks any kind of key binding...Looks to me like tunnel vision.

Only thing that is lacking in Wow arenas is balance at the moment.

Where is the coordination/any kind of skill your spamming what it looks to be 5 buttons...ooooo that's some true mastery right there heh. Sorry That game and yes I know it's in beta but to me seems like it lacks.
But still I'll have to try it out myself to really judge it.

Last edited by xxxim_a_noobxxx; 11-15-2010 at 12:02 AM..
xxxim_a_noobxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:02 AM   #42
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

I believe the point they're making is that the success of the team is entirely in building the right comp, and then executing that comp better than the other team does theirs.

The lack of variable spell damage, the active dodge of all attacks, it's all designed to make the game as un-luck-based as humanly possible.

Knowing -which- of those 5 buttons to press at the right time becomes vitally important.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:06 AM   #43
xxxim_a_noobxxx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xxxim_a_noobxxx Send a message via MSN to xxxim_a_noobxxx

Quote:
I believe the point they're making is that the success of the team is entirely in building the right comp, and then executing that comp better than the other team does theirs.

The lack of variable spell damage, the active dodge of all attacks, it's all designed to make the game as un-luck-based as humanly possible.

Knowing -which- of those 5 buttons to press at the right time becomes vitally important.
I"m in agreement with you but I dont see how you can say Wow arenas is nothing like that..For example as a rogue I have 30 key binds to abilities that i use contently to defeat someone weather it is a instant ability or one that has a cooldown.I use anything/everything that i have that could give me the slightest advantage.
xxxim_a_noobxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:13 AM   #44
Kenyu
FFR Player

This game looks excellent. The only thing is that I feel the game will draw and and seem boring with a lack of variation in classes. But who knows. Luck is a factor that should be removed so I like this.

_–¯–_–¯–_–¯–_–¯–_–¯–_–¯–_–¯–_–¯–_–¯–_–¯–_–¯–_

Kenyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:26 AM   #45
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Where did I say WoW Arenas was nothing like that? I said it's what WoW Arenas tries to be.

Though you certianly can't deny the impact of a lucky string of crits in WoW PVP
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:51 AM   #46
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Don't touch Dragonica.

I was hooked on the SEA version (iahgames version), and boy - it sucked up money like there was no tomorrow.

Believe what Xiao said - it's the most cash whoring insane game ever made.. but you won't notice it until you're $300+ down the drain..

I got into one of the top guilds from PvP and I was pressured to max out my equipment etc.. and boom, $300 down the drain.

5 levels of upgrading to each armor, and 20+ enhancements available for each armor, and add 3 sockets to each armor, and then AGAIN add cash armor, accessories that can be upgraded AGAIN 5 times, enhanced 20+ times, etc etc..

Basically, the highest level / equipped players have spent well over $10000 decking out their characters.

gg
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:31 PM   #47
Garquillex
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Just waiting for Guild Wars 2.
Nothing else really matters to me right now
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/
Garquillex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:30 PM   #48
edubardus
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGEEEEEEE
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubin0 View Post
Eve Online. I've been playing for over a year...the majority of the population doesn't have the intelligence or the attention span to play, though.
character name and trade, please.

Last edited by bluguerrilla : Today at 08:51 PM. Reason: edubardus/
edubardus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:49 PM   #49
flash dualist
u wot m8?
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to flash dualist

Dragonica was renamed as Dragon Saga. But its still gonna be a grindfest anyway.
flash dualist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:00 PM   #50
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Though you certianly can't deny the impact of a lucky string of crits in WoW PVP
Critical hits are a neat concept and all, but RNG has absolutely no space in a competitive context. Nobody can deny the impact of crit strings in any MMO.

In any case, BLC isn't an MMO, or an RPG. No point in discussing it in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHandNow View Post
Don't touch Dragonica.

I was hooked on the SEA version (iahgames version), and boy - it sucked up money like there was no tomorrow.

Believe what Xiao said - it's the most cash whoring insane game ever made.. but you won't notice it until you're $300+ down the drain..

I got into one of the top guilds from PvP and I was pressured to max out my equipment etc.. and boom, $300 down the drain.

5 levels of upgrading to each armor, and 20+ enhancements available for each armor, and add 3 sockets to each armor, and then AGAIN add cash armor, accessories that can be upgraded AGAIN 5 times, enhanced 20+ times, etc etc..

Basically, the highest level / equipped players have spent well over $10000 decking out their characters.
Yes, all top-tier KR/JP/CN players have spent well into the 5-digit figures USD. Where they get their money baffles me. SEA/EU players haven't spent as much, but it's getting there. NA is ironically, the lowest spending nation for Dragonica (now Dragon Saga in NA, under Gravity) -- but it will also get to that point.

I spent $60USD total on the game, so it doesn't bother me. I figured for the 450 hours of play I got out of it, it's like I paid for a really long retail game. Kind of like paying for Oblivion. Just not as nearly as good. At all.

Avoid the game like the plague.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:44 PM   #51
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Mhm. Now I'm waiting for Blade and Soul to come out in 2012.. ;(
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #52
Rubin0
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubardus View Post
character name and trade, please.
Christina Rubino (stupid I know) and I have a focus in industry...I do a lot of heavy mining in my corp in wh space. We have a few posses but I'm parked in a c5.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:49 PM   #53
edubardus
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGEEEEEEE
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'm about to finish my stealth bomber training and am about twenty days from a hulk on my alt miner. I used to mine in a retriever for a small WH corp but they slowly became inactive. Nayuri Atreides / Edubardus.

Last edited by bluguerrilla : Today at 08:51 PM. Reason: edubardus/
edubardus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:30 AM   #54
Rubin0
FFR Player

If you need a corp, let me know. We are recruiting, especially people interested in wh space. We do a lot of ratting and mining ops...scheduled of course. Not to mention...we are also producing t3 ships for member use and for profit. I'm flying a tengu for combat and have lots of iskies.

Corp is called: The Night Crew. TNC for short.

Last edited by Rubin0; 11-17-2010 at 01:56 AM..
Rubin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:31 AM   #55
FontSize72LOL
☆~{2D <3}~☆
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyMelonCalibrator View Post
All MMORPGs consume FAR TOO MUCH TIME, and produce far too little satisfaction. That's why I stopped playing them.
Why i continue to play them is beyond me. Unless something changes, i doubt i'll be playing them much longer.

Anyway, currently I've just been looking around. Signed up for a bunch of betas, and the one i am currently playing is Forsaken World. Its not half-bad, and is almost moving over to Phase 2 of its Closed Beta. This game should be pretty PvP-centric. Personally i think the game is half-decent when compared to most of the other games out in beta or recently released atm. I am pretty much waiting on them to release cash shop so i can see how much of a P2W this game will be.

Get Kancho'd

FontSize72LOL is offline   Reply With Quote