Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2010, 10:44 AM   #21
cedolad
moonchild~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad
Default Re: Anyone know any good MMORPGs?

It is if you're looking for a simple game with a lot of lore. I played it for a few years, and I still kinda do. It's constantly updated and there's a lot of features. If you're new to MMO's I'd say play that first. Other than that, there's really no reason to not play it unless you've been around MMO's.
cedolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:50 AM   #22
bam13
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bam13

I'll try it out later
bam13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #23
TheMagicalLeprechaun
FFR Player

Dream of Mirror Online is nice, very social game... Also, recent changes in RuneScape (yeah) make it very enjoyable with a group of friends.
TheMagicalLeprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #24
wargasm1
Cowbelling FFR
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to wargasm1

What is it with people who play mmo and dont want to grind? All i like about mmo's is to grind, if u wanna quest like gay go play wow or something.
wargasm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:44 PM   #25
HoneyMelonCalibrator
Arrow Theory™
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HoneyMelonCalibrator Send a message via MSN to HoneyMelonCalibrator

Maplestory is pretty much the only MMORPG that I ever got addicted to. Something about the 2D side scrolling gameplay paired with a close, active guild got me hooked. Nothing about 3D MMORPGSs fascinate me.

Also - Dragonica? People actually pay for that? Let alone play it?!
諸行無常の響あり。
娑羅雙樹の花の色、
盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。
おごれる人も久しからず、
唯春の夜の夢のごとし。
たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、
偏に風の前の塵に同じ。
HoneyMelonCalibrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #26
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

Was runescape seriously mentioned in this thread lmfao what a terrible pile of ****.
AsphyxZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #27
wargasm1
Cowbelling FFR
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphyxZero View Post
Was runescape seriously mentioned in this thread lmfao what a terrible pile of ****.
it wasnt **** like 10 years ago... now it is rofl.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:08 PM   #28
cedolad
moonchild~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wargasm1 View Post
What is it with people who play mmo and dont want to grind? All i like about mmo's is to grind, if u wanna quest like gay go play wow or something.
I think doing the same thing over and over gets boring after about 2 days. Just sayin'.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:10 PM   #29
wargasm1
Cowbelling FFR
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedolad View Post
I think doing the same thing over and over gets boring after about 2 days. Just sayin'.
If you do it right you actually get to change grinding spot every 2 days so its not the same thing over and over
Old 11-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #30
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyMelonCalibrator View Post
Maplestory is pretty much the only MMORPG that I ever got addicted to. Something about the 2D side scrolling gameplay paired with a close, active guild got me hooked. Nothing about 3D MMORPGSs fascinate me.

Also - Dragonica? People actually pay for that? Let alone play it?!
Maple is a purely PvE game with really unintuitive combat. I got hooked for a few months and it lost my interest shortly thereafter, simply because of how much of a snorefest it was to actually kill anything. Only thing I found incredibly fun was jumpquesting, but I could just play a better platforming hell game.

People do play Dragonica. I actually got to visit the studio that develops the game as a contest prize. While the game is broken in so many aspects, it had way more potential than MS. PvP and GvG was mad fun even if it was laggy and glitchy. Sadly though, I know people who spent over 500 USD (a couple I know go into the 1000+ range) on the game. Cash whoring infrastructure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam13
I've heard that Runescape is entertaining. Is it?
If you're a greenhorn around MMORPGs, start with RS. Simple gameplay, incredibly addictive levelling structuring, massive game world (larger than WoW's), lots of stuff to do, loads of player interaction and quests that are more than "fetch"/"kill X monsters" tasks. RS is about as simple as it gets. Nothing is incredibly complex but there's enough depth for people to get super serious about the game.

There are other games that do some of what RS does and they do them infinitely better, but RS has a nice package of gameplay features that you could get into.

It's also coded in Java online, so you can access it anywhere. Try it.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:10 PM   #31
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by wargasm1 View Post
If you do it right you actually get to change grinding spot every 2 days so its not the same thing over and over
Oh wow now I get to do the exact same thing I was doing in a different place. Grinding isn't fun but it's a part of the whole package which what makes an MMO what it is.

Also like 3 weeks ago I started playing RS again for nostalgia. It's a ****ty game but so is every MMO, just have fun playing it for some reason. Another good thing about RS is if you can multi-task well enough you can easily browse forums and stuff while quickly checking back in with the game every few seconds.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:11 PM   #32
cedolad
moonchild~

Jagex is releasing a Sci-Fi MMORPG soon. It's getting a lot of hype on the Jagex forums. Stellar Dawn, check it out.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:23 PM   #33
Rubin0
FFR Player

Eve Online. I've been playing for over a year...the majority of the population doesn't have the intelligence or the attention span to play, though.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:28 PM   #34
HoneyMelonCalibrator
Arrow Theory™
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HoneyMelonCalibrator Send a message via MSN to HoneyMelonCalibrator

All MMORPGs consume FAR TOO MUCH TIME, and produce far too little satisfaction. That's why I stopped playing them.
諸行無常の響あり。
娑羅雙樹の花の色、
盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。
おごれる人も久しからず、
唯春の夜の夢のごとし。
たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、
偏に風の前の塵に同じ。
HoneyMelonCalibrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:37 PM   #35
Starshot
/DJS\
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Starshot Send a message via MSN to Starshot Send a message via Yahoo to Starshot

Just started playing Lord of the Rings: Online with the ladyfriend this weekend. Quite fun if you like lore. Not so much if you don't like something that isn't completely combat oriented. Plays much more like fluid DnD than anything else
Old 11-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #36
arelik
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubin0 View Post
Eve Online. I've been playing for over a year...the majority of the population doesn't have the intelligence or the attention span to play, though.
Seconding this. It's an excellent game. And yes you said it perfectly, most people don't have the intelligence or attention span to play.
arelik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:24 PM   #37
xxxim_a_noobxxx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xxxim_a_noobxxx Send a message via MSN to xxxim_a_noobxxx

Well If you like pvp I would suggest getting Wow and doing arenas.It is really competitive and Is based on communication and coordination at the high levels.That is why i enjoy It so much.Basically It is you and your friends talking to each other finding ways to defeat your enemy and sync tactics and strategies.Also synergy plays a big role in playing effectively as a team.

Also sc2 Is at the same level as arenas but It's an RTS not MMO

Last edited by xxxim_a_noobxxx; 11-14-2010 at 11:27 PM..
xxxim_a_noobxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:31 PM   #38
Rubin0
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxim_a_noobxxx View Post
Well If you like pvp I would suggest getting Wow and doing arenas.It is really competitive and Is based on communication and coordination at the high levels.That is why i enjoy It so much.Basically It is you and your friends talking to each other finding ways to defeat your enemy and sync tactics and strategies.Also synergy plays a big role in playing effectively as a team.

Was this sarcasm? WoW is the worst thing that has ever happened to the gaming community.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:32 PM   #39
xxxim_a_noobxxx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xxxim_a_noobxxx Send a message via MSN to xxxim_a_noobxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubin0 View Post
Was this sarcasm? WoW is the worst thing that has ever happened to the gaming community.
Obviously you have never done arenas or have played them at a competitive level and no I was not being sarcastic.
xxxim_a_noobxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:53 PM   #40
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxim_a_noobxxx View Post

Or take a look at Bloodline Champions (In beta right now) which is basically a game which is, in its entirety, what WoW Arenas tries to be.

Quote:
Bloodline Champions is a PVP game with short, intense matches for up to ten players divided into two teams. Every player plays one of several different bloodlines with 7 unique abilities each.

Different bloodlines in a set up complement eachother, different maps and gamemodes need different tactics, so good teamwork is a must for success.

Chance is not a factor, spells and abilities do a set amount of damage. Random elements such as critical hits and passive abilities do not exist.

Spells travel to where the player aims and can be avoided by enemy players, making every ability dependant on individual player skill.

Without mana and creeps, the game has almost zero downtime and is instead based on short cooldowns, this coupled with no grind or farming ensures that every match is full of action.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote