Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2010, 10:37 PM   #21
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Need help with flash player.

This is so frustrating. I've tried everything I can think of. I also have Opera as a browser if it's possible to try to do anything with that.

Cenright, good thinking, but I think the problem is.. Internet Explorer isn't intended to be used on a mac. I guess is what I could do is download the thing that allows me to use Windows on a mac and then use internet explorer from there because I can only use like a next to classic version of Internet Explorer since they won't update it since it's not really a mac browser.

Last edited by Vanilla Mnm; 10-16-2010 at 10:44 PM..
Vanilla Mnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:53 PM   #22
i love you
Live a wonderful life~
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Downloading Internet Explorer for Mac can only be done with Internet Explorer 5. The reason is because Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer for Mac officially after Internet Explorer 5 so when you try installing later versions of Internet Explorer, it causes a lot of bugs and it's almost impossible to use it. The only way you will be able to use the stand alone player is if you install Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or earlier. Anything later that that will cause problems.

You can download it here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1viu3u
(Or if that doesn't work, try googling the download to Internet explorer 5)

PS: There are ways to have it work for later versions but it gets pretty complicated and for a person like you who doesn't know a lot about computers, i wouldn't try attempting.

Last edited by i love you; 10-16-2010 at 10:55 PM..
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:58 PM   #23
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love you View Post
Downloading Internet Explorer for Mac can only be done with Internet Explorer 5. The reason is because Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer for Mac officially after Internet Explorer 5 so when you try installing later versions of Internet Explorer, it causes a lot of bugs and it's almost impossible to use it. The only way you will be able to use the stand alone player is if you install Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or earlier. Anything later that that will cause problems.

You can download it here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1viu3u
(Or if that doesn't work, try googling the download to Internet explorer 5)

PS: There are ways to have it work for later versions but it gets pretty complicated and for a person like you who doesn't know a lot about computers, i wouldn't try attempting.
I have an earlier version already installed. The screenshots I have posted are from IE 5.2.3.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:09 PM   #24
purplepopcorn
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to purplepopcorn

clear yuor cache

edit: listen to the Ice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qWhYlhfWCI
purplepopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:12 PM   #25
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepopcorn View Post
clear yuor cache

edit: listen to the Ice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qWhYlhfWCI
I'm highly considering this tbh.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:20 PM   #26
i love you
Live a wonderful life~
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I think it has something to do about it not displaying PNG images properly. Try going into the Quicktime control panel in System Preferences. Under the plug-in section, click the "MIME Settings..." button. Expand the "images" category, and deselect the "PNG image file" option. This tells the quicktime plugin you no longer wish it to attempt to seize authority over PNG images in your web browser. After that, click OK to save your changes and exit System Preferences.

After that, Launch IE and go into the preferences. Go to the "File Helpers" category. Sort by extension, so you can find the two (2) ".png" categories (titled "PNG Image [image/x-png]" and "Portable Network Graphic [image/png]"). Edit both these (click "change") in the last category "Handling", change to "View with Browser" for each. Once you have done both, click OK to exit preferences.
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:38 AM   #27
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love you View Post
I think it has something to do about it not displaying PNG images properly. Try going into the Quicktime control panel in System Preferences. Under the plug-in section, click the "MIME Settings..." button. Expand the "images" category, and deselect the "PNG image file" option. This tells the quicktime plugin you no longer wish it to attempt to seize authority over PNG images in your web browser. After that, click OK to save your changes and exit System Preferences.

After that, Launch IE and go into the preferences. Go to the "File Helpers" category. Sort by extension, so you can find the two (2) ".png" categories (titled "PNG Image [image/x-png]" and "Portable Network Graphic [image/png]"). Edit both these (click "change") in the last category "Handling", change to "View with Browser" for each. Once you have done both, click OK to exit preferences.
Okay, I did that & it's still not working. ;\
Maybe if there's some other kind of standalone player besides flashplayer that works? Or maybe there's another web browser flashplayer can read.

edit: I downloaded Firefox, I went to FFR, logged in while having the remember me box checked, tried to open flashplayer & it won't open now. -_- I reset my computer as well & it still didn't work. wtf.

edit2: It opened, but it didn't work. ;\

edit3: I just AAA'd Dot Matrix Hero & Pure In Asia in a row. But I've come to the conclusion that it has nothing to do which browser I'm using, it has to be Safari. I don't think Adobe supports Safari or something.

Last edited by Vanilla Mnm; 10-17-2010 at 10:46 AM..