Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
Mousethecat
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default The key to unlocking ultimate intelligence.

I can't remember what book I was reading, but it had a good paragraph talking about four levels of intelligence.

1. Ignorance
2. Opinion
3. Reason
4. Intelligence

I'm going to explain my story of dinging to level 4.

--------Begin life story---------

Just like most other stupid kids, I was a stupid kid. Without delving into my personal childhood, which I know you care about so much. I look back upon myself and hate every fiber of my past being. I would refuse to talk to people I didn't know, participate in any activities, or accept new things. These are all things I deprived myself of up until after I got out of high school. I didn't even really make friends until halfway though high school.

Let's stop at halfway through high school for a moment. I was so desperate for a girlfriend, that when I got one, I let her basically control my life. She wasn't even trying to do so. I was just so weak minded that I just went with it (I'm also going to blame the "OOH BOOBIES" factor, cause hers were f'kin huge).

Fast forward a bit. I gained the sense to break up with that emo ball and chain. I later moved away from where I grew up. Parents got divorced, had to choose, blah blah blah.

Where I ended up was a unpleasant home with a tyrant of a step-father. My mother started down the road of clinical depression. His punk ass kids started to move in (His 17 year old daughter had a 1 year old son that was there also.) Happy things were scarce there.

I played a lot of World of Warcraft, and since I didn't have school, friends, or a job (up until summer). I had all the time in the world to get some important thinking done.

I spent a little over a year in that personal little hell hole. I got to watch my cat, Mouse, struggle through his last breaths of life on April 18th. Having no friends at home, he was the best I had. You can imagine the complete devastation.

It wasn't hard at all to purposely get myself kicked out of that house, so I did, and moved in with my dad sometime mid-summer. Back in the area where the few remaining friends I had where. Since then, I've never been happier.

------End life story-------

So now that I've gone through my life story. What does any of that have to do with ultimate intelligence? Well, when you spend long enough in the presence of everything that can be wrong in a human, you quickly learn what is right. You learn to appreciate human interaction, trying new things, going out and living life.

You learn what is good and right, and what is wrong and bad. Once you realize you are in full control of yourself and decide to do right, you'll never want to go back to being wrong.

There is right and wrong in everything in the world. Success and failure. Black and white. Good and evil. Superior and inferior. Logical and illogical. There is no mixing and matching. you're either on the Good, successful, superior, logical, correct side; or the bad, fail, inferior, illogical, incorrect side.

Which do you choose, and how far into the spectrum are you going to place yourself. If I were a Bioware RPG character, I would be 99% good (Can rarely ever be 100% on anything). I chose to be that way, and I act upon every action with the intent to be correct, logical, good hearted, and superior. If I'm not 100% certain in myself, then I treat myself with skepticism, and keep an open mind to anything that has the potential to be more correct.

I feel there is nothing I cannot do. There is nothing I can't learn. Nothing I can't accomplish. I'm a healthy, able bodied human. As such, anything possible, is possible. For there are only two things that stop a human from doing something. Impossibility, or themselves.

Knowing these things is what I consider, ultimate intelligence. Let nothing stop you.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #2
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

Default Re: The key to unlocking ultimate intelligence.

So uh, more or less chit chat material since you didn't actually specify anything for us to critically think about. :\ I liked it though.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
Mousethecat
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yeah, you're right. I shifted from my original intent and instead wrote more of an introduction to myself with a second layer of useful things to think about and consider.

Any mod reading this move it to wherever it fits plz and thx.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:28 PM   #4
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.

Seems like paradoxical reasoning seeing as the whole perception of right and wrong would just be a human construct. If you're going to exercise it, do it out of necessity, not altruism.
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #5
The Emissary of Kane
FFR Player

I always thought the key to ultimate intelligence was knowing both the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything and the Answer to the Ultimate Question.

(And everyone knows that the Ultimate Answer is 42...)
Old 12-20-2009, 01:24 AM   #6
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

honestly this is so much subjective and related to personal experience that it doesn't make much sense to post about it in a forum with such a bold title.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:06 AM   #7
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.

a little presumptuous maybe
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #8
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.T.M. View Post
this.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #9
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Trust is also a big factor. That's one of the reasons why I don't even want a girlfriend.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #10
NekoGon
щ(゚Д゚щ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to NekoGon

dosslar have you reached puberty yet

NekoGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:46 PM   #11
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

trust is the only way to have thruthful relationships. if it's betrayed, oh well. you probably didn't ananlyze your peeps enough to understand they're dumb felons. people who either cry on their asses because they got betrayed or stay away from social interaction because "no one will even understand" are equally wrong.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:55 PM   #12
Mousethecat
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Whoever moved this to chit chat, thank you. Don't really need more than 3 posts (one by myself) saying I wrote this in the wrong place.

Quote:
100% this.

I'm one of the more arrogant, self-centered, narcissistic, and yes, presumptuous people out there. I wouldn't try to disagree with anyone calling me these, or similar, things. The main thing is, I don't find any of these words to be negative words. Just words usually used negatively to describe bad people, which is completely reasonable and I wouldn't expect otherwise.

Quote:
Seems like paradoxical reasoning seeing as the whole perception of right and wrong would just be a human construct.
You're completely right in what you're saying.

I've been trying to develop my stance on the "Right vs. Wrong" issue, and here's what I've come up with.

There's too many instances where humans are wrong to trust them to judge what is right and wrong. It's too easy to convince people of a wrong as being right if there is no pre-existing notion of what is right. There's very few things with that pre-existing notion, mostly things like, it's wrong to kill, It's wrong to steal, It's wrong to ruin someones life. Just about everything else is subject to perception.

I firmly believe that there is only one right and one wrong, but these are as the end-points of a right and wrong spectrum. Something is either right or wrong, never both. The only time something has the ability to be both, is if it contains more than one something. Sacrifice is a word for it.

Before someone spends any time trying to find an example of something that's in the middle. Yes, there's plenty of things that happen to fall in the middle of that spectrum. I'm a strong supporter of having a middle opinion. As far as right and wrong is concerned, the neutral choice is null.

Morality has become very flexible, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

I challenge anyone to find a right I disagree with, or a wrong that I agree with.

P.S. I find the most powerful thing in the world to be love. I support all love. I love just about everything. Love makes the world a better place, and my overall goal in life is to do just that.

<3
Old 12-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #13
Partisan
T1D
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousethecat View Post
P.S. I find the most powerful thing in the world to be love. I support all love. I love just about everything. Love makes the world a better place, and my overall goal in life is to do just that.
<3
Well, I assume having gone through a terrible childhood/upbringing would allow you to feel much more appreciation and gratitude for the positive things in and around your life.

But likewise, there are people who have had nothing but a good life all throughout their lives and will continue to have a good one and, more often than not, will be completely opposite of you (or just oppose you for the sheer boredom/fun they manage to get out of it).

Plus there are always the people who will just hate you for no reason. So all I'm trying to say is, don't be disappointed when others around you still don't share your same love for the world (everyone's different y'know)

Other than that though, good on you for overcoming such a terrible life (or maybe it wasn't so terrible, seeing as how you've turned out.) It's only as terrible as you make it I guess. There's plenty of other people that are probably way worse.
Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #14
Mousethecat
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
Plus there are always the people who will just hate you for no reason. So all I'm trying to say is, don't be disappointed when others around you still don't share your same love for the world (everyone's different y'know)
Whenever I'm dealing with trying to change the way someone thinks about something, I always look at it like this...

There are 3 groups of people. Every individual falls into one of the groups.
1. The people who won't change their mind.
2. The people who have the potential to change their mind.
3. The people who already agree.

I know trying to change the first group is impossible, and the third group of people are already taken care of. It's the second group of people I'm concerned with.

It's not that my childhood was bad, I just I know that I chose to waste the first 16 years of my life. I know most people don't achieve anything of importance in those years, but I literally have no childhood memories to look back upon. I wouldn't really consider myself as a person until I turned about 17. Then I spent a year or so in a bad situation.

A fraction of my life was ruined, but there was more than enough to build upon. Some people had their lives completely ruined, and words can't describe the sorrow, but as long as they survive and are able to use the experience to rebuild, the result will be amazing. In the end, those people will be a better person than I ever could.

Sometimes to create, one must first destroy.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:32 PM   #15
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

why chit-chat
MrGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:04 PM   #16
Artic_counter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousethecat View Post

<3
I agree with you that love makes the world a better place but only to some extent. With only love and no hate, this world would become really boring and dull. Hope would disappear and etc...

I think that love should be or equal to the amount of hate or a little bit less frequent than hate since it's rarity is what makes it so enjoyable and precious.

and just like an old chinese proverb says : You must scale the mountains if you would view the plain.

Artic_counter is offline   Reply With Quote