Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2009, 02:25 AM   #241
Just502
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Solar Eclipse Pad Pack

My advice. If you aren't a pad player don't make pad files.

not judgin' anyone, because I haven't seen any of your guys' files anyway
Old 09-22-2009, 06:15 AM   #242
~Zero~
FFR Veteran
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ~Zero~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Zero~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just502 View Post
My advice. If you aren't a pad player don't make pad files.

not judgin' anyone, because I haven't seen any of your guys' files anyway
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaounlimited View Post
More like Tier ~0~
~Zero~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:09 AM   #243
buizel8888
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to buizel8888 Send a message via MSN to buizel8888

Yeah, it's really hard to make a good pad file if you don't actually play pad. I don't know why people would make them. All of my files are first and foremost for me to play, everyone else second haha
buizel8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:13 AM   #244
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]

macgravel said he never played any of his files on pad =x
kommisar[os] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #245
buizel8888
FFR Player

Well macgravel has no friends.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:08 PM   #246
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I haven't played any of my files on pad either

but then again when I still played ITG I made ****files for both pad and keyboard, lmao. Used to make better pad files than keyboard and now it's completely the opposite

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:25 PM   #247
buizel8888
FFR Player

GD... =(
Old 09-22-2009, 06:42 PM   #248
~Zero~
FFR Veteran

I might have a new file that i finished, not sure if it sucks or not

Quote:
More like Tier ~0~
Old 09-22-2009, 07:42 PM   #249
buizel8888
FFR Player

Just send it haha
Old 09-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #250
~Zero~
FFR Veteran

I just added some Zero Cross Theory into my file i think its ready

Quote:
More like Tier ~0~
Old 09-22-2009, 10:49 PM   #251
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

(Just502) Allegro Cantabile
Measure 46, the 16ths actually start earlier so you've got a mis-rhythm there. Not a particular fan of your roll usage. Rejected.

(Just502) Amefuri Koneko
Measure 2, mis-rhythm right before it. Way too much turning. 64th part was fairly creative. Rejected.

(Joe D) Banjo Kazooie
A bunch of double steps. Runningmen weren't the best choice of patterns. Rejected.

(Just502) Bloody Tears
Jacks weren't utilized very well. Becomes very stamina draining and repetitive especially at that speed. Rejected.

(Just502) Blue Rose
Why would you step this for pad. It only makes a good keyboard file. Your rainbow notes are inaccurate (this is exactly the reason why you never step piano for pad). Mines placements weren't very innovative at all. Rejected.

(Just502) Blue Sky
Your usage of rolls make absolutely no sense. I understand if you're trying to accent sounds and all but the way you're utilizing them are pretty much randomly placed and aren't innovative at all. Other than that, file is pretty solid. Maybe/Pending. See if you can fix up the rolls and resend.

(Buizel) Cosmic Orchestra
Measure 36 - 37, your mini-jacks don't flow too well. True that if you nail them correctly, you won't doublestep but just the overall flow makes hitting that pattern extremely awkward (See Xiao's Nebula [Edit] chart to see how you can make the jacks flow better). File drags on but overall it's a solid file. Accepted.

(Manix) Cross Time
Off sync (file is late). Jump placements weren't coordinated very well and your transitions to them from streaming patterns were awkward at times. Layering seems fine though for certain parts of the song you could've layered a bit more. Maybe/Pending.

(~Zero~) Don't Be Quiet!?
Very cool gimmick file. Accepted.

(Just502) Explosive
Your hold lengths are way too long. A bit too much turning. Spotted some double-steps that didn't quite work out well with the song. Rejected.

(Just502) Face Was
Only a good hard file and nothing more. This is still pretty dumpy despite being paddable and the song choice killed this for me. Rejected.

(Just502) Felys
Hands were pretty innovative. File drags on but it's pretty well stepped. Accepted.

(Buizel) I Fly With You
Measure 57 - END, mines were pretty much dumped and weren't very innovative other than adding a decent scoring factor. Still a pretty nice MA/FA file. Accepted.

(Wyde) Meta Knight's Revenge
Very fun file. Accepted.

(Just502) Neko Miko Reimu
File did not need a restep. Xiao's Touhou Pad Pack version of the file is the best one for this song. Rejected.

(Just502) Over The Rave
Mini-jacks weren't the best pattern to use. Jump placements are awkward in a bunch of areas and aren't transitioned too well. Rejected

(FoxX) Owl Castle V2
Ignored a bunch of sounds that you could've layered. Rainbow notes are inaccurate and there are a bunch of mis-rhythms. Patterns need to be varied more. Rejected.

(Just502) SHINE!!
Once again, jumps that aren't transitioned very well which leads to awkwardness. Your use of double-steps weren't innovative at all either. File drags on and becomes rather repetitive. Rejected.

(Just502) Silly Symphony
Pretty fun. File drags on a bit (I noticed that you mirrored the steps for the second half) but it's enjoyable and tough. Accepted.

(Wyde) Spit on You
Gimmicks are well executed and made the file much more enjoyable. Accepted.

(Wyde) The Terror of Death
File drags on and I didn't find anything noteworthy in this that would make me replay it. Rejected.

(Just502) Yorukumoryuu Yamikaze
Well stepped. 24th trills would've worked better instead of the 24th rolls. Accepted.

(Just502) You Are You
Higurashi <3. BPM Gimmicks are well executed. Streams were fairly fun though personally you shouldn't have stepped the buzzing noises. Accepted.

Now to disappear back into the realm of stepping aRtIsTiC keyboard files.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 09-22-2009 at 10:59 PM..
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:56 AM   #252
Joe D
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
[b](Joe D) Banjo Kazooie
A bunch of double steps. Runningmen weren't the best choice of patterns. Rejected.
Perhaps u didnt get my newest version.It had no double-steps whatsoever
Joe D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:28 AM   #253
buizel8888
FFR Player

GD I am going to have to send you the beta pack that I have so far. People have been sending me a lot of updates through MSN. My bad haha

also I guess now we have 2 files that its up to Wyde on. Where'd he go anyways haha

Last edited by buizel8888; 09-23-2009 at 06:34 AM..
Old 09-23-2009, 08:00 AM   #254
Wyde
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Wyde

'sup.

----------

-Allegro Cantibile- REVISE
The sync drifts mainly around the first half, so try to sort out the BPMs and such. More than anything, I felt your use of rolls hurt this file more than it healed it. It was especially ridiculous to try and read/hit by the end. There seem to be inaccuracies in following the drums here and there as well as needless jump placements.

-Amefuri Koneko- UNCERTAIN

The crossing really ups the difficulty on this, and I'd say in places it gives Bloodrush a run for its money: this is easily a bit of a Marmite issue. Some of your jump placements felt a bit random. I also feel the BPM could be doubled, but perhaps that's just me.

-Banjo Kazooie- REVISE
Sync was late (had to hit f12 twice). There's little sense in this being so one directional if you ask me, and difficulty wise it's very unbalanced. Those are my only issues.

-Bloody Tears- REJECTED
This feels very overdone to me. There was plenty of unnecessary jack placement, and I felt some of the 16th runs didn't need to be there. Those runs themselves are rather harsh, but I can appreciate this chart is going for difficulty. I still think this would be much better if it went through a near complete reworking though.

-Blue Rose- REJECTED
My nag with this is that it feels very inconsistent. The steps aren't bad, but there are various inaccuracies in rhythms and it seems to be all over the place in what the steps are trying to follow.

-Blue Sky (Thanatos Remix)- REJECTED
I felt the use of rolls here, despite being fairly consistent in what it follows, was inappropriate. Also I would have preferred it if you stepped the intro more accurately as opposed to just throwing in rolls. Overall I find this rather repetitive, inaccurate and not particularly interesting, and that's particularly painful especially for a chart of this length.

-Cross Time!!- REVISE
I'd take out the BPM trick in the middle, or at least fix it: it throws off the sync. Use of Tell jumps and jacks I suppose are tolerable. Some of the jump placement seems a bit odd throughout measures 39-44, and there was a double step in between bars 50 and 51. Lastly, I think some indication of where there are BPM changes would be quite welcome. Feels like a 12 to me for some reason.

-Explosive- REJECTED
Freeze/forced double step combo is interesting, but awkward. Jacks would have been preferred, but even then it doesn't alleviate the feeling of this song feeling quite overstepped. The masses of double steps in the middle sections are not appreciated I'm afraid.
(Side note: it's better than the Mungyodance chart. But anyone can make it better than the Mungyodance chart.)

-Face Was- REVISE
Seems I'm not the only one stepping Mungyodance charts. XD The other judges will likely disagree with me on this, but I feel for the most part the BPM IS actually 420 and not 210. This is speedcore after all. I won't mind what you decide to make it in the end though. Honestly not too bad, but it feels a little overdone. Even then it feels closer to a 14 rather than a 15 to me, but can't really be sure.

-Felys- REVISE
Again feels a bit overstepped, mainly in the end, but it's not too bad in this case. The only thing I didn't like was how quickly the hands came up.Sure they fit the music, but I still feel it's a tad much.

-Neka Miko Reimu- ACCEPTED
I haven't seen any other files of this (haven't downloaded Touhou Pad Pack onoes), so I can't make any comparisons. I actually quite like this, but around the last 10 measures of the tune felt a bit off, mainly in placements of freezes and rolls. I did go with a "revise" judgment earlier, but I've decided I do in fact like it enough to pass it.

-Over the Rave- REJECTED
Jack/double step/jump placement is inexcusable.

-SHINE!!- REJECTED
Overall steps often felt like they didn't fit, and it got quite repetitive. Freeze and jump use felt quite random in many places.

-Silly Symphony (Hard)- ACCEPTED
Step placement could have been more accurate I suppose, and the minefields could have been less dense. Otherwise I actually had a fair bit of fun with this.

-Silly Symphony (Challenge)- LOL
Holy **** I can't believe you actually put quadrolls in this.
@judges: I actually propose we keep this intact. This chart is lol.

-Yokukumokyuu Yamikaze- ACCEPTED
I felt there was some inconsistency in what the steps followed, but in this case I'll let it slide somewhat. I think the use of 24ths throughout the rest of this chart is passable. Yes this could be polished up a bit more, but it seems playable enough to me at least.

-YOU Are You- UNCERTAIN
Intro needs a bit of tweaking; one of the freezes seems off. Otherwise, this doesn't seem too bad. BPM gimmicks threw me off a bit, but they seem to fit. I'm in two minds about allowing the use of the 24th trills, but only because they'd be a nightmare to hit at that speed. I should probably play more 14 footers in future to better assess them.

----------

I'll probably send a very slightly revised sm. file of Spit On You. There are only a few very minor changes, but they settle with me better.

Last edited by Wyde; 09-23-2009 at 10:48 AM..
Wyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #255
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]

i was stepping dont be quiet for kb =<

time to find a pad file to step hehu
kommisar[os] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #256
Just502
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyde View Post
'sup.

----------

-Allegro Cantibile- REVISE
The sync drifts mainly around the first half, so try to sort out the BPMs and such. More than anything, I felt your use of rolls hurt this file more than it healed it. It was especially ridiculous to try and read/hit by the end. There seem to be inaccuracies in following the drums here and there as well as needless jump placements.
[b]

-Blue Sky (Thanatos Remix)- REJECTED
I felt the use of rolls here, despite being fairly consistent in what it follows, was inappropriate. Also I would have preferred it if you stepped the intro more accurately as opposed to just throwing in rolls. Overall I find this rather repetitive, inaccurate and not particularly interesting, and that's particularly painful especially for a chart of this length.

-Explosive- REJECTED
Freeze/forced double step combo is interesting, but awkward. Jacks would have been preferred, but even then it doesn't alleviate the feeling of this song feeling quite overstepped. The masses of double steps in the middle sections are not appreciated I'm afraid.
(Side note: it's better than the Mungyodance chart. But anyone can make it better than the Mungyodance chart.)

-Felys- REVISE
Again feels a bit overstepped, mainly in the end, but it's not too bad in this case. The only thing I didn't like was how quickly the hands came up.Sure they fit the music, but I still feel it's a tad much.

-Over the Rave- REJECTED
Jack/double step/jump placement is inexcusable.

-YOU Are You- UNCERTAIN
Intro needs a bit of tweaking; one of the freezes seems off. Otherwise, this doesn't seem too bad. BPM gimmicks threw me off a bit, but they seem to fit. I'm in two minds about allowing the use of the 24th trills, but only because they'd be a nightmare to hit at that speed. I should probably play more 14 footers in future to better assess them.

----------

Allegro Cantabile - Have you gotten the most recent .sm from buizel? I've gotten the sync fixed up on that song, and are you referring to the rolls at the start or in the chorus?

Blue Sky - Rolls are used to accent vocals, and any place with rolls should just be treated like 16th stream.

Explosive - WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THESE ARE DOUBLE STEPS -rage-, They are full working crossovers with footswitches. The steps with the mines under them are meant for you to switch your foot. There's a video of my friend doing this song on youtube.

Felys - The hands are easy to bracket.

Over The Rave - Jacks are not doublesteps, they are once again footswitches. ex. Right foot on right arrow then left foot on down arrow, then RIGHT foot on down arrow, then left foot on the left arrow. The jumps are meant to be bracketed.

YOU are you - I'll revise the intro. Also, the 24ths aren't honestly very hard, I can FFC/FEC them without any real issue. I have like 93 on this on pad I think?

I bracket alot.

pssstttt- let me judge

Last edited by Just502; 09-23-2009 at 02:56 PM..
Just502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #257
Wyde
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Wyde

Quote:
Allegro Cantabile - Have you gotten the most recent .sm from buizel? I've gotten the sync fixed up on that song, and are you referring to the rolls at the start or in the chorus?
Likely not. I'll have to check. And I was talking about the chorus there, so yeah.

Quote:
Blue Sky - Rolls are used to accent vocals, and any place with rolls should just be treated like 16th stream.
I know that. They simply seem unneeded to me, 'tis all. 16th bursts are still all over the place.

Quote:
Explosive - WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THESE ARE DOUBLE STEPS -rage-, They are full working crossovers with footswitches. The steps with the mines under them are meant for you to switch your foot. There's a video of my friend doing this song on youtube.
Because that's what they look like at first glance. It's not a trick I'm familiar with. Now that I understand what you're getting at though, I see you implemented them correctly. Overall jack placement in this chart could be better though: perhaps apply a bit more pitch relevancy.

Quote:
Felys - The hands are easy to bracket.
orly. I'll think this over.

Quote:
Over The Rave - Jacks are not doublesteps, they are once again footswitches. ex. Right foot on right arrow then left foot on down arrow, then RIGHT foot on down arrow, then left foot on the left arrow. The jumps are meant to be bracketed.
I follow in theory. While I consider that creative, I also consider it ridiculous at that speed and to such an excess. Still not fond of overall jump placement either; this is mainly an issue of what I see as a missed opportunity to implement some layering, and correctly at that.

Quote:
YOU are you - I'll revise the intro. Also, the 24ths aren't honestly very hard, I can FFC/FEC them without any real issue. I have like 93 on this on pad I think?
Good for you. Truth be told, I was already leaning towards accept, and I probably will if you do sort that out in time.

Quote:
I bracket alot.
It seems more evident in your charts now you mention it. i r dum

Quote:
pssstttt- let me judge
Get permission from buizel. If you do, you have well over 30 charts to go through and you have less than a week to do them. Go go go
Old 09-23-2009, 05:22 PM   #258
Just502
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Felys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zE_nMuav9U
Explosive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4tr-GUvXFs
Over The Rave: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItoxtRYD0H4

I did so bad at the bracketing on Felys that time lawl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPVfFwOelJw

Windeus We Met Dat Night, showing more of that minijack stuff :P

And I wasn't trying to brag when I was saying that I could FEC/FFC, just stating that they're very possible.

Last edited by Just502; 09-23-2009 at 05:26 PM..
Just502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #259
Joe D
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyde View Post
-Banjo Kazooie- REVISE
Sync was late (had to hit f12 twice). There's little sense in this being so one directional if you ask me, and difficulty wise it's very unbalanced. Those are my only issues.
Ill fix later.Im a bit busy right now so ill do it later tonight.I think I know wat u meant by it being one directional.(Possibly all the steps are going through the same direction)But by ubalanced I didnt fully get.I think ill just put Mirror on sum parts and change a few other ones so It can be accepted
Joe D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:49 PM   #260
Just502
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I just sent in a million new files lol.

Have some boss songs