Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2009, 02:36 PM   #21
Zybanthia
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: I play for hours a day but I just don't seem to be getting any better... Suggesti

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWolf View Post
What you want to do is go unknown for like 2 years, become super awesome pro, and come out of nowhere and rape all the scores on FFR so everyone's like OMG who is this guy he's a hacker.
Yes that's exactly what you want to do.
Zybanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:42 PM   #22
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Yahoo to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Skype™ to lumphoboextreme
Default Re: I play for hours a day but I just don't seem to be getting any better... Suggesti

take it from someone who used to play a lot, it really isn't worth it, over a half an hour to an hour a day and it's useless... practice spread and you'll get better
Old 03-11-2009, 04:52 PM   #23
supersonicpwns
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to supersonicpwns Send a message via AIM to supersonicpwns

practice different strategies to playing FFR. or play stepmania.
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
rawr.

supersonicpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #24
passivegirl
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zybanthia View Post
Yes that's exactly what you want to do.
Had to log in to notify you of your awesomeness.

passivegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #25
Kage06
FFR Player

Heh

How do you play though? One handed, 2 handed? Where on the keys do you play?

I started off one handed playing Stepmania on arrows (FFR didn't even exist for me at least at this point), and then I went to 2 since I couldn't FC a few songs, and switching helped, but in switching, I lost the accuracy I had practised one handed, but in time, I got just as good, and could at least FC the songs I couldn't before.

I'm still 2 handed on arrows, and have tried spread a few times, and after a lot of practise (it does take a lot more thinking time to start off using it though, as its completly different), you do get used to it, but I can see it taking longer to learn than using arrows effectively.

But, one thing that I must stress is, how good are you to begin with? You could be great, and can't get better than you are, as I know a lot of people on here stress they aren't good (kind of ironic), because they then play you, and even though you thought you were, okay, at it, they come along and steal your level from under you

Go on single player for a while, and first of all, start at a level you are comfortable with.
Now, go to the Options, and mess with speed mods. If you are only running at 1x, that is probably your problem. Try 1.25, 1.5 (what I use), and if you are godly (it takes getting used to), 1.75, and even 2x and 3x (how the heck people use that, I don't know)

I must also mention, that to get better, you have to push yourself. This may mean playing songs 1 or even 2 levels more that you are capable of at the moment, getting a feel for how fast your fingers have to move to the rhythm. You'll most likely find this very hard at first, but you'll soon pick up little finger movements that'll allow you to get better at these harder levels.
Then, you'll find yourself going back to the levels you played previously, and will find yourself thinking, "these are easy now", trust me.

Conclusion:

So yeah, first step, if you are using 1 hand, and are having difficulties (I know a few of you here are gods at one handed, but everyones different), switch to 2 (practise makes perfect, but it can prove harder than using only 1 at first), and if you are using 2, try Spread (choosing maybe df, and jk for example, and again, the jump in difficulty is hard, and you may find yourself having to go back to level 2-3's at first), and practise for a while with that.

Second, find a speed mod your comfortable with. I never use 1x.

Third, and actually, I don't see why I didn't mention this before, in your browser, find a way to increase the zoom on the page, which will also increase the size of the flash player (I find half way filling my screen is fine), and this also allows you to see arrows in a sense, slower than they were coming up before, as they are filling up more pixel space.

You'll also find, if you can't read 2x (or heck, 3x), that increasing finger useage, be it, 1 hand, 2 hand, 2 fingers, 3 fingers, 4 fingers, that once you get the hang of positioning, and what finger needs to press what, your brain will find it easier to read faster speeds.
The biggest jump in speed mod useage will come when switching to spread, because, at least in my experience, I can read at 1.75 a lot better, and even 2x (sometimes) when in spread, that I can't when using 2 hands

Anyway, I hope these guidelines at least help, and infact, I haven't wasted a minute or 2 minutes of your time

Last edited by Kage06; 03-16-2009 at 09:14 PM..
Kage06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #26
x After Dawn x
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Well first of all, you don't get good overnight. And second of all, you should probably get a life if you play hours of FFR every day...
Drink for forget you are retard and this bring you more retard.
Just take nicotine patch lol
x After Dawn x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:23 PM   #27
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

not sure if this has been mentioned. im too lazy to go back a page

but just masturbate

alot
Old 03-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #28
pieman19
FFR Player

like anything in life,you cant be be a master at something over night, it takes practice, more practice, and even more practice,just start out small, once you master the easy songs switch to the harder ones
you should practice songs in every music category, you could master the rock songs because you know the basic tempo of them, but fall flat on your face on another
try playing multiplayer, its easyer to learn when you play against other people, even if some of them act like idiots =P
try changing the arrow postion, such as diaginole, or sideways, it can really test your skill
hmm thats all i can think of good luck i guess

pieman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:51 PM   #29
CrunkaMOFUKKalicious
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to CrunkaMOFUKKalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
not sure if this has been mentioned. im too lazy to go back a page

but just masturbate

alot
I lol'd
CrunkaMOFUKKalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #30
Iapyx
10 Year Veteran
FFR Veteran

My answer is very simple, and probably summarizes a lot of what has been said. Play spread, make sure your arms and wrists are in a comfortable position, try drinking two cups of coffee an hour or so before playing. Play the difficulty above what you would call "fun". Try playing as many streams as you can, which are songs that are just red-yellow-blue-yellow note combinations that never seem to end. If that's too fast, try something more like Breaking the Common. Play songs you haven't played. Some people think Stepmania is great, but my computer doesn't run it as cleanly as I'd like, plus it's a hassle to wade through songpacks for the right music. I've played on and off for about five years. When I came back in August, I thought I was awesome for FCing Mercury Lamp. I've played over 6,000 games since then, and I've FC'd a large portion of the songs in the game, and I'm working on AAAs now. Do that too, try AAAing songs that are much easier than you normally play. I find it helps improve your ability on the harder songs.

Iapyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:48 PM   #31
HoneyRoasted
FFR Player

It took me years to get where I am now and I still suck. ; ;