Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2009, 12:23 AM   #1
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default I Hate My Neighbor

I live in a studio apartment near my university, and recently I got a new neighbor next door. Didn't really bother me a whole lot until that day when he started blasting his hip-hop music as loud as he could with the bass literally pounding through my wall. I kindly walked down the hall, and knocked on the door. I knocked seven times because he couldn't hear me. He eventually answered, and I asked him if he could turn down the bass a bit because it reverberates through the wall very easily because of the low frequency that the bass is on.

He turned it down that night, but just about every day since, I've had to hear pounding bass for a few hours a day. I didn't really know what to do. I didn't want to keep going over there and knocking on that d-bag's door, because he quite clearly has no respect for his neighbors.

I did some brainstorming, and came up with a few ideas. I realized that I couldn't kill the bastard, but I could easily fight fire with fire. Fight bass with bass.

Previously, I was using a small set of personal USB speakers from Logitech. Very much like these:

They work great, but they definitely lack in the bass department, and they just aren't cutting it anymore.

After my brainstorm, I browsed the internet and scoped out some good speaker sets, but they were all so god damn expensive. I'm a college kid, I'm not made out of money, so I looked a littler harder and I came across the Logitech Z-2300 series. It was priced under $200.

Checked it out on Amazon, and it had a 4.5 star rating even after 650+ reviews. People had nothing but great things to say about the set...so I bought it. It came today, and I just set it up.

Here's a picture:

It's THX certified, but not 5.1 surround, just 2.1. I don't need surround sound anyways. On to the set...it's got an 8-inch sub, but I swear to ****ing god it is the heaviest subwoofer I have ever heard in my life. It's more like a 12-inch sub. The satellite speakers themselves are even full of pounding bass, and quite possibly play the richest mids and purest highs I have ever heard out of computer speakers. Frequency response is from 35Hz (bass) all the way up to 20,000Hz (highs). I have yet to turn the bass up more than halfway, but I can tell this is going to do the trick because it rumbles my balls at 50%.

Next time my dick neighbor wants to bump his T.I. or his Nelly or whatever the **** it is he listens to, I'm maxing the volume and cranking this sub up as high as it goes. Hopefully I bring the ****ing wall down.

Anyways, I'm curious what you FFRers are packing under your desks (strictly speaking about speakers, you sickos). What kind of sound systems are you bumping? How much did you spend? And last, are you happy with the quality of your set?

Last edited by foilman8805; 02-17-2009 at 01:56 AM..
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:28 AM   #2
tangomango
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: I Hate My Neighbor

Lmfao you make me laugh Foil ;D

Unfortunately, I don't have any speakers, only have headphones lol. Your new speaker sounds sick though.
tangomango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:31 AM   #3
Bangcrashboom
The Lulz, Do It For Them
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bangcrashboom

That looks like a REALLY nice set and i envy you. I have the speakers on my laptop and my marshmellow headphones which i love so very very much due to the fact that my parents hate my music and ffr music so i just stick with those beautiful headphones that are cheap and high quality imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
Bangcrashboom lets make our manboobs touch.

Last edited by Bangcrashboom; 02-17-2009 at 12:33 AM..
Bangcrashboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:38 AM   #4
jump_the_bullet
Oh you fancy, huh?
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jump_the_bullet Send a message via MSN to jump_the_bullet Send a message via Skype™ to jump_the_bullet

i have truck speakers hooked up to my computer through an amp.
i dont usually play it too loud though or i just listen with headphones plugged into the amp

jump_the_bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:39 AM   #5
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangcrashboom View Post
That looks like a REALLY nice set and i envy you. I have the speakers on my laptop and my marshmellow headphones which i love so very very much due to the fact that my parents hate my music and ffr music so i just stick with those beautiful headphones that are cheap and high quality imo
Never been a fan of ear buds. I can't wear those things for more than 5 minutes without pretty bad ear pain.

Instead, I own a pair of headphones. Skullcandy GIs. They're like this speaker set I just bought...but for your ears.

These:

Great quality, and pretty good noise cancellation. If you have these on your head and your music up about halfway, you can't hear a thing from the outside. Perfect.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:39 AM   #6
trumaestro
I don't get no respect

landlord/cops would be a better solution so that other people don't call the landlord/cops on you.......
trumaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:42 AM   #7
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Too late now.

And plus, I live in a college town. The cops don't care about some kid having his bass up somewhere buried in an apartment complex. I don't even think it's a noise violation because you probably can't hear it 50 feet away...but I sure can hear it through my wall.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:42 AM   #8
Zybanthia
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

I've actually had to do this a number of times with my neighbors. When they blast mariachi so loud that I can feel it in my chest across the street, there is a problem. Luckily, we have metal to fight these guys with. I usually play a minute and a half of some Dimmu Borgir, pause it, and what's this? No more mariachi. HUH. THAT'S FUNNY. I play for a good ten minutes though.

This is my weapon of choice.

The whole thing is pretty much one big speaker, and there's so much bass that I have to play everything with an equalizer to make it bearable. I think it's about $200, and it's the best sound system I've ever owned. It's terrific.
Zybanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:45 AM   #9
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Funny enough, I've got 7 CDs of Dimmu Borgir to blast through my wall. Muahahahaha!
Old 02-17-2009, 01:04 AM   #10
x After Dawn x
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

This doesn't really have to do anything with your apartment, but I have a dumbass neighbor that likes lighting leaves and twigs on fire every day in the summer. My room in my house is bordered by the wall that divides outside (where he burns his ****) from me. Problem is that my window sucks and I can smell all the **** he burns.

Erm, back on topic now...I have an awesome sound system. Basically, it looks like your setup; there's two satellites per speaker, essentially making 4 speakers, and then there's a huuuuge subwoofer in the back. The best part of my subwoofer is that it comes with its own volume that I can adjust directly on it, meaning I can pump up bass and you can literally hear it from outside my house. >:]

Oh, and try this stupid song next time he pumps up his bass:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/af04...istle_Song_mp3
Drink for forget you are retard and this bring you more retard.
Just take nicotine patch lol
x After Dawn x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:09 AM   #11
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Quote:
Originally Posted by x After Dawn x View Post
Oh, and try this stupid song next time he pumps up his bass:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/af04...istle_Song_mp3
lmfaooooooooo holy ****

I bet he likes this song...but the bass on this song is ludicrous. Thank you, thank you, thank you, lol.

Got any specs on your system, or better yet the model and brand? I'd like to look it up.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:52 AM   #12
xinpig
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to xinpig Send a message via Skype™ to xinpig

I believe my subs are 300W RMS Each, got two eight inchers. My bro thinks he can drive me nuts in the mornings with loud music. so one morning on a weekend when my parents are gone, I found a very bassy techno song and put both speakers to the wall and cranked each bass to 100%. Lets just put it this way: I vibrated the nails out of the studs. I also managed to vibrate my calendar and a few drawings off my wall. My brother has ceased the music in the morning. We are over it and now throw parties and crank the subs all the way up.

PSEUDO SKILL TOKENS! FC'd Blooddrunk with AVMISSING!
xinpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:58 AM   #13
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinpig View Post
I believe my subs are 300W RMS Each, got two eight inchers.
300W RMS is sick, especially for an 8 incher. And you have two of them.

Taught your brother a lesson, rofl. Very nice. Hopefully I can teach my neighbor a similar lesson.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:05 AM   #14
Sh4d0wD3v1L
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Sh4d0wD3v1L

Well, my computer is just the laptop speakers.. However, I do plug it into my stereo which, for $200, has some serious power.

2 speakers, with 2 speakers inside (and a tweeter) not sure on sizes or ranges or power, and an 8" sub. It's max power is around 550W. Not sure what the RMS is, but I do know that in my dorm, the 4th floor girls last year got pissed cause they could hear my stereo on 2nd floor.

My car has some pretty sick audio for what I paid for it too, but that's a different story for a different thread.

Oh, by the way, this solution to this problem is the only good one.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:06 AM   #15
xinpig
FFR Player

Its ten I think. I just guesstimated, then decided to use my laptop to more accurately judge the size. Either way, 600W RMS of sub will kill. Hell the one i had in my trunk has TWO INCHES OF TRAVEL! I beat the hell out of my arm with it once.

RMS Is the average power of the speakers.

I even hooked the two 300Watters up to my 500W boombox, with some rigging from my PC, I believe the subs are 1X0W a piece. Atleast 900W or more got pumped into the wall the other day. My balls vibrated to the point where I had trouble telling if they were still solid or turned into jelly.

Last edited by xinpig; 02-17-2009 at 02:09 AM..
Old 02-17-2009, 02:12 AM   #16
xinpig
FFR Player

Gimme a sec to find the pic of what I got.

MY SUBS

My buddy that runs a DJ buisiness has something like these
SUBS
18 inch subs, 600W. not that brand, but you get the idea. he has a few of them. THAT would rumble your balls completely into jello. I have felt them before, and let me tell you. You cannot even feel a tap on the shoulder

Last edited by xinpig; 02-17-2009 at 02:21 AM..
Old 02-17-2009, 02:32 AM   #17
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

lmfaooooo, this is classic.

I have a ****ty sound system though. Two creative speakers on either side of my monitors.. now I know I have to go get a ****ing awesome one to match the new comp I'm building up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:10 AM   #18
Sgtzombie.
FFR Player

And some guy said:
Love Thy Neighbour. I do, they give me money for playing FFR and watching CSI/NCIS.

Babysitting a 1 year old ftw.

I have pink fur skull candies. They're fury, and pink and more awesome.
Sgtzombie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:24 AM   #19
knuckles2224
Angel Island ♥
FFR Veteran

Lol blasting Hip hop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrekusuof93 View Post
Knuckles you're just a rebel
knuckles2224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:52 AM   #20
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

If you want to talk headphones/buds/sets though, I got the good **** man. I can hook you guys up. I sell them on ebay. I even have those skullcandies you mentioned. Yep. Indeed. Any type of listening device that goes on your head that you could possibly imagine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote