Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > Brag Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2008, 12:31 AM   #41
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Crowdpleaser Rank 2... again l,,l

I personally don't think that vibrating and wrist jacking are in any way alike...
But yes, his rank shouldn't be higher than 50 if he tried.
Sprite- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:36 AM   #42
Flaming_Dingleberry
Everybody gets one.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite- View Post
I personally don't think that vibrating and wrist jacking are in any way alike...
But yes, his rank should be higher than 50 if he tried.
Totally true, I'll work on that.

But DossarLX ODI better AAA AIM Anthem... or I'll find him >8C

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (10 members and 0 guests)
Flaming_Dingleberry, 5.points, Camille~, Go_Oilers_Go, HammyMcSquirrel, MyRoseTearsBlood, richyrich55, s0ulst0n3, SkySeal, Viciouz

Hopefully plan on leaving a comment =C please?

Last edited by Flaming_Dingleberry; 09-27-2008 at 12:42 AM..
Flaming_Dingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 01:05 AM   #43
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Man it's really annoying to see the same logic faults repeated over and over again in the community.

If score A is good but score B is not, and you think score A should imply a given score on score B, it may just be that the player hasn't really played song B all that much lately and that it's an old score. On that note, CP and Molto require much different types of skill. Molto doesn't require vibrating. CP, on the other hand, does. The two skills are, in my opinion, separate. You can be a good wrist-jacker but lack control over your vibration, and you could be good at wriggling out a controlled, steady vibration but suck at the actual wrist-snap action required for good PA.

On that, note, Dossar, I have passed OME before (recently, in fact) but I'm not very consistent at all because my left hand just slows down on me. And my CP score was only lucky to the extent that I had a decent Good count and no Averages/Boos/etc as far as I recall. But it's really just a huge tossup when it comes to trill PA, and the only way to do well is to do it over and over again until you manage to squeak out something decent.
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:11 AM   #44
Go_Oilers_Go
<<Insert Title Here>>
FFR Veteran

Really nice score.

P.S. I see Rubix's point.
Go_Oilers_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:17 AM   #45
s0ulst0n3
<SPACE FOR RENT>
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via AIM to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via MSN to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Yahoo to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Skype™ to s0ulst0n3

In Rubix's point I see a score A, score B, and song B.

Where's the song A?????
Old 09-27-2008, 02:21 AM   #46
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

i think he assumed that you would know score A belonged to song A maybe?

as to the CP rank 2 re-get

**** your amazing skillz D:<

<3
Old 09-27-2008, 08:50 AM   #47
EDEdDNEdDYFaN
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EDEdDNEdDYFaN

i vibrate on molto vivace and i have a semi-clean fc (not counting some smashed boos that were from a fail out)

EDEdDNEdDYFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #48
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

@dingleguy: previously you said you had to save up energy for the trill and them smash the crap out of your keyboard as fast as you can during it. thats called wristjacking lol. if you were vibrating (which now you're agreeing is the only way to do it), the stamina you lost during the rest of the song would have little effect and you would certainly not be smashing the crap out of your keyboard as vibrating tends to be very low to the keys and relatively quiet
Old 09-27-2008, 11:37 AM   #49
s0ulst0n3
<SPACE FOR RENT>
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via AIM to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via MSN to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Yahoo to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Skype™ to s0ulst0n3

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
i think he assumed that you would know score A belonged to song A maybe?
There is no song A, it's a lie!!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 11:48 AM   #50
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Yahoo to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Skype™ to lumphoboextreme

i really dont see how the hell anyone can pa this. when i fced i just vibrated as fast as i could and picked up a lot of goods and averages and boos at the beginning and end. =/

really nice score though
Old 09-27-2008, 12:06 PM   #51
Sir_Thomas
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
Man it's really annoying to see the same logic faults repeated over and over again in the community.

If score A is good but score B is not, and you think score A should imply a given score on score B, it may just be that the player hasn't really played song B all that much lately and that it's an old score. On that note, CP and Molto require much different types of skill. Molto doesn't require vibrating. CP, on the other hand, does. The two skills are, in my opinion, separate. You can be a good wrist-jacker but lack control over your vibration, and you could be good at wriggling out a controlled, steady vibration but suck at the actual wrist-snap action required for good PA.

On that, note, Dossar, I have passed OME before (recently, in fact) but I'm not very consistent at all because my left hand just slows down on me. And my CP score was only lucky to the extent that I had a decent Good count and no Averages/Boos/etc as far as I recall. But it's really just a huge tossup when it comes to trill PA, and the only way to do well is to do it over and over again until you manage to squeak out something decent.
Its very hard to come by logic nowadays.
Speshully here -.-
Sir_Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:40 PM   #52
Flaming_Dingleberry
Everybody gets one.
FFR Veteran

Arrow Re: Crowdpleaser Rank 2... again l,,l

Quote:
Originally Posted by xollner View Post
Why do you care so much about comments?
Attention whoring. I especially love hearing cangratulations from really good players I respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post

Very good, nicely explained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnr61 View Post
@dingleguy: previously you said you had to save up energy for the trill and them smash the crap out of your keyboard as fast as you can during it. thats called wristjacking lol. if you were vibrating (which now you're agreeing is the only way to do it), the stamina you lost during the rest of the song would have little effect and you would certainly not be smashing the crap out of your keyboard as vibrating tends to be very low to the keys and relatively quiet
Well, from my previous statement, isn't it obvious I'm a little confused about what wristjacking and vibrating is? I've never heard of wristjacking before now, but I definitely vibrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Oilers_Go View Post
Really nice score.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumphoboextreme View Post
i really dont see how the hell anyone can pa this. when i fced i just vibrated as fast as i could and picked up a lot of goods and averages and boos at the beginning and end. =/

really nice score though
Many thanks 8D
Old 09-27-2008, 12:40 PM   #53
Black Yoshi
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Black Yoshi

/quits again
Holy ****ing ****balls ****-**** son of a mother****ing ****tastic dump**** ****ing **** hippopotamus ****-dancing bull**** leprechaun-smashing ****-nipples ****-****ing panda-****ing mellow-****ing-yellow ****-eating ****-jumping Jesus Christ Superstar on a pogo stick.

HAHAHA XD I do n_n XDDDD

:O
Black Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #54
5.points
Provy
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 5.points

Wow. Really nice score there. o_o

I want to try that song now.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:01 PM   #55
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming_Dingleberry View Post
DossarLX better AAA AIM Anthem
Quite ironically I tried making a video of an AAA but I would a good in some random jump that would ruin the AAA lmao (I can AAA every part of the song but I'd get a random good somewhere)

Which is why I hate jumps in FFR because I get goods for no reason, I even listened to the keytaps and there was no reason why I should have gotten a good in the middle of the jumpjacks.

Anyways, Puppet was trying to say that if you spent all your energy in the hardest part which is the 64th trill, how does that have anything to do with wristjacking or just plain trying to vibrate as fast as you can? Wristjacking doesn't need too much stamina, but if you were blatantly smashing your keyboard then you must've really drained your arms if you tried to get at such fast acceleration.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 01:12 PM   #56
Kotarouchan
I only need 3 seconds :)
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Kotarouchan

The reason why you get random goods is because the frames are off. All though most of AIM Anthem's jacks are 4 frames, there are a few arrows in AIM Anthem that are 5 frames apart from one another. Meaning when you get to a pair of arrows separated by 5 frames, you have to wait a frame before hitting that arrow. That's why you get random goods.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #57
Flaming_Dingleberry
Everybody gets one.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
Quite ironically I tried making a video of an AAA but I would a good in some random jump that would ruin the AAA lmao (I can AAA every part of the song but I'd get a random good somewhere)

Which is why I hate jumps in FFR because I get goods for no reason, I even listened to the keytaps and there was no reason why I should have gotten a good in the middle of the jumpjacks.

Anyways, Puppet was trying to say that if you spent all your energy in the hardest part which is the 64th trill, how does that have anything to do with wristjacking or just plain trying to vibrate as fast as you can? Wristjacking doesn't need too much stamina, but if you were blatantly smashing your keyboard then you must've really drained your arms if you tried to get at such fast acceleration.
I've been rank 2 for awhile, is my legitimacy going to be questioned EVERY time I beat my score, or just every time I post about it?

Last edited by Flaming_Dingleberry; 09-27-2008 at 09:00 PM..
Old 09-27-2008, 10:10 PM   #58
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

wristjacking is jacking just using straight tapping with individual fingers or with an actual slight (or not so slight, as one would do for fast/long jacks) wrist-flicking motion. aka smashing your keyboard

vibrating is the tensing up of certain arm muscles to literally vibrate your hands on the keys. it is very soft and very fast. aka not smashing your keyboard or using the same kind of stamina as the entire rest of the song (read: even if your hands are worn out from crowdpleaser, your vibrating stamina should generally remain unaffected). aka the only way to clean sdg fc crowdpleaser

you can see where i'm confused, as you say you are saving energy and smashing your keyboard, things you'd do for wristjacking, but insist that you were in fact vibrating and acknowledging that that's the only way to score on the file
Old 09-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #59
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

so is it physically possible to AAA cp? It seems that physical limitations cause late goods on the last few notes of the psychotrill.
awein999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #60
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awein999 View Post
so is it physically possible to AAA cp? It seems that physical limitations cause late goods on the last few notes of the psychotrill.
Now that I look back to my video I got 1-2 goods on the trill.

Someone like Isaac could definitely AAA it
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote