Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-7-2008, 02:59 AM   #181
Gibson63
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Gibson63
Default Re: Wtf @ the new token *mwahahahah*

this is quite strange.. i think there is another way to get the token

Last edited by Gibson63; 08-7-2008 at 03:01 AM..
Gibson63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 03:06 AM   #182
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

secks with tass?
Old 08-7-2008, 03:21 AM   #183
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phynx View Post
o.O... uh what? Either your joking or uh... information that maybe you are to keep with yourself? I don't know, maybe it doesn't matter. But I laughed none the less.
why is the fact that his son has Diabetes funny? just calm down and wait for Synth to post... he'll explain.
Old 08-7-2008, 03:24 AM   #184
Jerry DB
FFR, lift, repeat
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
why is the fact that his son has Diabetes funny? just calm down and wait for Synth to post... he'll explain.
OH man thats harsh, im sorry to hear that synth
Old 08-7-2008, 03:34 AM   #185
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Ok.. Here we go.

Over the last quarter or so of the year, CPM and CPC rates for advertising have dropped quite a bit. This has put all of us at FFR in a bit of a squeeze. In addition to that, we stripped out nearly every single one of the high paying pop-up ads that our advertising companies were offering. Why? Because even though it put us in a major revenue squeeze, it was more important to me that we try and work towards a more enjoyable site for you guys. (yes even the non-subscribers!) Revenue to take care of the site is nothing if the methods push away or upset the community. Even with outstanding costs to operate this community we know as FFR, we often take out profitable scenarios in favor of the community.

The other night I was stressing majorly because there is a lack of balance between cost of operation and incoming revenue. I won't go into details but you get the idea.

So I kept thinking to myself.. "How do I offer up something genuinely useful that will help the site in the short term but also in the long run?" (and believe me, the site could really use your help right about now) I started thinking about things like the FFR label thread and it kind of dawned on me that we really should go ahead and test out selling albums for FFR artists.. and why not sell them digitally with immediate delivery of content? So I got a jump on it and signed up FFR for iTunes only to find out that the approval process is 6-8 weeks and then when you add tracks it becomes another 6-8 weeks approval process. (ick) We needed a quicker solution that could help FFR in the short term. And that was when I ran into mobile billing.

Mobile billing would allow people with mobile phones to tack the purchase onto their mobile bill and avoid credit cards and paypal etc. It seemed like an almost perfect solution. So I spent a few nights finding the right service, making sure it had an API that would work with our site. (and it did!) Once found, Maldon got started on our first test script. I worked with Spook Goblin to recompile a collection of his album and 2 brand new tracks, popped them together and was going to use that as a test bed. I was actually pretty damn excited to test this out and be able to give something enjoyable out to people while helping FFR. In addition, it would be supporting our musicians.

But I wanted to give them more.. (That's Synth for ya right?)

So I hatched this brilliant plan to include a special level as a thank you for purchasing the album. Of course the level had to relate to the album right? So Blu went to work on Dendrite V2. Tokens were the easiest way to implement so we naturally worked with that system. Maldon figured it all out and coded it into the API, we tested it and now we felt we were giving out something special.

But what I didn't quite take into account was how people would feel if they looked at it as "PAY FOR A TOKEN? WTF!?" and that was exactly what was perceived when josh made his post that showed the link. It was never intended to be that, as a matter of fact I would have no problem giving everyone the token. I just thought it was a great way to say thanks for their support.

So what do I do now? Should we stick with the plan? I would like to hear everyone's opinion. The mobile system is all setup and works with all carriers besides t-mobile and verizon. No fears though, Maldon is setting up a paypal script to cover those who can't use the mobile billing.

For those of you who want to support FFR, want the album, want to support FFR artists and want the token, I will post the link for you. It's actually a pretty cool service. I have really purchased the album to test it all out. The system just adds the charge to your mobile bill at the end of the month. Help me out here with ideas and thanks to everyone who already supports us, you guys are lifesavers.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...se/buysong.php

Cheers,

Synthlight

Last edited by Synthlight; 08-7-2008 at 03:40 AM..
Synthlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 03:41 AM   #186
Gibson63
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Gibson63

interisting..synth..hmm its cool i think ..being able to buy albums on FFR and to help FFR. i think we should keep that token to people that will buy the album... dont like the album? or no money? ..well no token i guess.. its not a big deal.. its just a + for you if you buy the album..

Gibson63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 03:42 AM   #187
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

my feeling in regards to anything token/skill is that token/skill genres are 100% bonuses. they don't show on levelrank, they don't show on fc/aaa bars... you don't have to get them if you don't want. HOW to get them shouldn't matter. IF you want to get them, you can. but they're extra. plain and simple. as such, i've got no issues with this method of acquiring a token from a logical standpoint.
Old 08-7-2008, 03:42 AM   #188
MyRoseTearsBlood
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MyRoseTearsBlood Send a message via Yahoo to MyRoseTearsBlood

Wow. I'm definitely going to buy. :]
Old 08-7-2008, 03:43 AM   #189
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

I have t-mobile. The mobile billing is a great idea, I wish I were able to use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 03:46 AM   #190
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
Oh man, I didn't mean it that way Tass. I thought he was kidding around and thus I laughed. I didn't know it was something serious. Meh, now I feel bad.

Sorry Synthlight.

Last edited by Phynx; 08-7-2008 at 03:50 AM..
Phynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 03:48 AM   #191
u84
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

It's a good idea, although many of us probably won't even be able to purchase the album for reasons from being broke to not being allowed to purchase things online to not even having a cell phone. I'm sure there are many things people will b*tch about (including me), but I agree that tokens are extra and we don't need to have them, so if you want to give it only to purchasers, great motivation, but be prepared for the token-noobs to flip out.

Then i remembered i found the package last night while drunk and put it on in excitement, then immediately passed out.

Last edited by: Tasselfoot; 7 minutes ago. Reason: I am your MILF.
u84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 03:48 AM   #192
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to travman301

Think you make these into phone ringtones?

I would be all over a luna calda ringtone.
travman301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 03:48 AM   #193
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

If your mobile carrier doesn't support the premium SMS stuff, I think Mal will be ready tomorrow with the paypal version. Thanks everyone for being understanding about this.

Cheers,

Synthlight
Synthlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 03:52 AM   #194
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

It's definitely a good idea, hopefully more artists in the next few weeks? I really have not heard much of FGJ. So I might not get this token(Even though the song definitely looks better than the first dendrite), but I hope you make more. It just seemed kind of odd when 7thJosephSign posted the link.
Old 08-7-2008, 03:52 AM   #195
Sir_Thomas
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Ya know.. Sounds like a stupid idea but..

Ive mentioned a few times that itd be cool with Rithum turned into FFR's own little record label :P.

You guys have some nice connections now so I thought itd be cool.
Sir_Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 03:53 AM   #196
MalDON
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MalDON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandersa1 View Post
It's definitely a good idea, hopefully more artists in the next few weeks? I really have not heard much of FGJ. So I might not get this token, but I hope you make more. It just seemed kind of odd when 7thJosephSign posted the link.
You know you can listen to a lot of his stuff over at Rithum. Just because you haven't heard much isn't a reason to discredit the music. If anything it's worth a shot, I mean he was chosen first for a reason...
Old 08-7-2008, 03:53 AM   #197
Jerry DB
FFR, lift, repeat
FFR Veteran

wait, do we have to have a cell phone or can we just use paypal to buy it? In which case I get paid 2 weeks from now and will definately support ffr

Edit: Nvm you ninjad me synth
Old 08-7-2008, 03:54 AM   #198
AOD_ELEMENT
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AOD_ELEMENT Send a message via Yahoo to AOD_ELEMENT

i would help out but i want a trade with tass

pretty obvious what im talking about

Last edited by AOD_ELEMENT; 08-7-2008 at 03:57 AM..
AOD_ELEMENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 03:57 AM   #199
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
If your mobile carrier doesn't support the premium SMS stuff, I think Mal will be ready tomorrow with the paypal version. Thanks everyone for being understanding about this.

Cheers,

Synthlight
Help? I get the message on my phone to reply YES, when I do, I don't get the password sent back to me...

BTW, I'm on Alltel using a Blackberry Curve with an unlimited plan if that changes anything...

Phynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 03:58 AM   #200
Mr.Nothing
R.I.P. Steve <3
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Nothing

How about a "Buy Dendrite v2 for $1" button?
I'm into that, but i'd probably never listen to the music...