Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2008, 08:38 PM   #121
iCeCuBEz v2
XFD
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Ap Exams :-$

why are you taking AP Biology and AP Chemistry at the same time? good luck bro

yea I have AP chemistry also, already had AP US that **** was gay as hell there was one DBQ where I was like ok what the **** are they talking about.

Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, Mario, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned.
iCeCuBEz v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:46 PM   #122
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugomaru View Post
Relambrien, my school offers just about all the AP subjects except for the two I want to take, Computer Science. I'm going to self study Computer Science next year and take A instead of AB. I've heard terror stories about the AB test and I'm pretty afraid of it.

~Tsugomaru
I took AB this year after not studying hardly at all, and after taking a class with a pretty bad teacher. The test was easy. If you really like Comp Sci, go for AB, it's much harder but still very easy.

There was a lot of crap this year with HashMaps of TreeMaps of HashTables with Strings in them... like seriously what the ****
Also there were like 5 questions out of 40 involving Big O values comparing LinkedList and ArrayList, there was even a whole effing free response question on that topic! Damn good thing I studied that, one of the few things I did review. Oddly I feel as though I got a 5, haha

EDIT- Also, owned the APUS DBQ in the face (eat it Vietnam war!) but the other two essays were really bad. Might have gotten a 5, most likely a 4.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:15 PM   #123
sumzup
(+ (- (/ (* 1 2) 3) 4) 5)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to sumzup Send a message via MSN to sumzup

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCeCuBEz v2 View Post

yea I have AP chemistry also, already had AP US that **** was gay as hell there was one DBQ where I was like ok what the **** are they talking about.
I do this dual-enrollment thing at my local university; I finished both the Bio and Chem sequences this year, so I'm taking both AP tests. Next year I'll do Physics.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:32 AM   #124
sumzup
FFR Veteran

Someone give me superpowers. I have AP chem in 1.5 hours and I'm screwed.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:06 AM   #125
Kamunt
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kamunt Send a message via MSN to Kamunt Send a message via Yahoo to Kamunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopete View Post
So, Music Theory was today. Holy crap, the melodic dictation and sight-singing decimated me. ;-; Good thing sight-singing isn't worth that much, and I'm semi-confident about everything else.
Dude, it was the non-aural multiple choice that killed me. The songs were so freaking hard, it was ridiculous!! D: Like seriously!

Last edited by Omeganitros : Today at 01:46 AM. Reason: What the hell were you thinking?
Kamunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:08 AM   #126
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCeCuBEz v2 View Post

Yeah no **** ... ****ing Vietnam War + other **** like Market economy in certain areas ... ugh **** that.

AP Chem was hard ... got owned by the multiple choice section (skipped 10+), then got ass-raped by the free-response.

K2O + H2O --> 2K+ + 2OH-

... right? Please tell me I'm right.

And what would happen if you add phenolphthalein indicator ... color change as the solution increases in basicity?

... also taking AP English Language tomorrow ... going to own the **** out of that though.
Xception704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:10 AM   #127
iCeCuBEz v2
XFD
FFR Veteran

Don't even want to talk about it, I got wrecked by that exam

still probably got a 3 though w/e that's all I want

Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, Mario, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:52 AM   #128
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

I can't say I "like" Computer Science because I've never actually taken a course in it and I have just about no idea what it is. I'm not going to take AB because several friends I know who know way more about computers than I do self-studied it this year, took it, and then walked out of it confused.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:49 AM   #129
FRO
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

for all you deciding whether to take ap psych next year:

you need 93/150 to get a 5 on the ap exam, with 100 points coming from MC and 50 from free-response

guaranteed 5 if you take it; just read a princeton review the night before

haha oh the irony if i don't get a 5

FRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:53 AM   #130
sumzup
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xception704 View Post
AP Chem was hard ... got owned by the multiple choice section (skipped 10+), then got ass-raped by the free-response.

K2O + H2O --> 2K+ + 2OH-

... right? Please tell me I'm right.

And what would happen if you add phenolphthalein indicator ... color change as the solution increases in basicity?
I think it was --> 2K+ + H+ + OH- + O^(2-)

and that phenolphthalein would be pink due to equimolar amounts of acid and base.

But yeah, I could be totally wrong on that. I raped the multiple choice section, though...didn't have nearly enough time on free-response, unfortunately.

Edit: If you're right FRO, then I'm totally doing it.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #131
Xaye
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Xaye Send a message via Yahoo to Xaye

Yeah the Fiscal and Monetary policy SA killed me. Meh. I Didn't much like the Lame-duck one either....

And the MC weren't far from being ridiculous, I think I passed though, but with a 3...
Xaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:29 PM   #132
indigo23
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

THEY'RE ALL OVER.

It's such a relief; they were eating my life.

English Language today was surprisingly not so bad! The MC section seemed much easier than the practice exams I'd taken, and I didn't think any of the essays were hard!

AP US History, however, I'm not so optimistic about. I know I did a terrible job on both the free response questions, and I was pretty sketchy on the Vietnam DBQ. =/

mY hOPES aRE sO hIGH tHAT yOUR kISS mIGHT kILL mE
sO wON'T yOU kILL mE, sO i dIE hAPPY
mY hEART iS yOURS tO fILL oR bURST, tO bREAK oR bURY, oR wEAR aS jEWELRY
wHICHEVER yOU pREFER
indigo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:51 PM   #133
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

AP's = lolollolol
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:56 PM   #134
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo

Quote:
RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE.[/altered beast this ****]

So, Music Theory was today. Holy crap, the melodic dictation and sight-singing decimated me. ;-; Good thing sight-singing isn't worth that much, and I'm semi-confident about everything else.
The melodic dictation was great. Everybody bitched about it but it was pretty easy to me... I guess just because I'm good at it in general. So I guess harder dictation = better for me. But yeah, the sight singing was a bitch. (I lost all of my flow points!) And I didn't finish the multiple choice. I was expecting an easy 5, but my expectations have dropped a lot because of not finishing the multiple choice and that hard sight singing. I'm still fairly certain that I'll get a 4, though.

Last edited by lord_carbo; 05-14-2008 at 03:00 PM..
lord_carbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:56 PM   #135
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychopete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamunt View Post
Dude, it was the non-aural multiple choice that killed me. The songs were so freaking hard, it was ridiculous!! D: Like seriously!
I thought it was really easy. Although in one of the parts where you had to identify part-writing errors, they had parallel octaves, and that wasn't one of the choices. xD I guess I'm just better with analysis and part writing (I finished the part writing in like 10 or 15 minutes, lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_carbo View Post
The melodic dictation was great. Everybody bitched about it but it was pretty easy to me... I guess just because I'm good at it in general. So I guess harder dictation = better for me. But yeah, the sight singing was a bitch. (I lost all of my flow points!) And I didn't finish the multiple choice. I was expecting an easy 5, but my expectations have dropped a lot because of not finishing the multiple choice and that hard sight singing. I'm still fairly certain that I'll get a 4, though.
The melodic dictation was just a bitch for me. ): Also, for the sight-singing, everyone else had time to warm up beforehand, since I was the one who had to do it first, before lunch, aka before everyone had time to warm up with a piano. >.>

I'm normally good at melodic dictation, but the second one...that singing was too high for me to identify anything. Harmonic dictation, I'll admit, the only thing I ran out of time to do was fill some of the chords. xD

Really, though, I just don't think I did that well. ): Oh well, I'll be taking many theory courses soon enough, hah, and it's not like I completely bombed. I skipped what I felt like I had to skip and didn't finish some of the melodic dictation/the chords of the harmonic dictation, but I feel rather confident about everything else besides sight-singing. A 3, probably, knowing my luck. xD

Last edited by psychopete; 05-14-2008 at 05:02 PM..
psychopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:58 PM   #136
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo

Quote:
I thought it was really easy. Although in one of the parts where you had to identify part-writing errors, they had parallel octaves, and that wasn't one of the choices. xD I guess I'm just better with analysis and part writing (I finished the part writing in like 10 or 15 minutes, lol).
Maybe you were seeing things? :/

Quote:
Also, for the sight-singing, everyone else had time to warm up beforehand, since I was the one who had to do it first, before lunch, aka before everyone had time to warm up with a piano. >.>
Well that sucks. I had brought my guitar along to play my minor and major scales and arpeggios before the test, but apparently that didn't help at all. But I'm pretty happy that seemingly few did well on that, which means that doesn't set me far off from the average.

Quote:
I'm normally good at melodic dictation, but the second one...that singing was too high for me to identify anything. Harmonic dictation, I'll admit, the only thing I ran out of time to do was fill some of the chords. xD
Aww cmon, I'm sure you could tell when the singer hit tonic (during the second measure I believe she did). And then you can just use your musical common sense to fill in the stuff like passing tones. In fact, that's exactly what I did while I did the other open-ended stuff. I had about ten to fifteen minutes left to doze off even after doing the written part plus my revisions to the dictation. We had so much time for the written open-ended; it was great.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:50 PM   #137
iCeCuBEz v2
XFD
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
AP's = lolollolol
Rubix's arrogance = lolollolol

Old 05-15-2008, 04:27 AM   #138
championanwar
Ask Nuro! x3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
AP's = lolollolol
Whats funny about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson
all of 65dos are dumb an noticable because their idea of 7/8 is 4/4 with one beat cut off the end
Quote:
aperson: yo shikari if u c thom yorke
aperson: plz tell him 2 start usin consonants again
Click Here
championanwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:18 AM   #139
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychopete

Quote:
Maybe you were seeing things? :/

Nope, everyone in my theory class also caught it. Oh well, there was a more egregious error that had a selection, anyways. =P

Quote:
Well that sucks. I had brought my guitar along to play my minor and major scales and arpeggios before the test, but apparently that didn't help at all. But I'm pretty happy that seemingly few did well on that, which means that doesn't set me far off from the average.
If I had not had gone first, I could've skipped my lunch period to warm up my voice. Oh well. It's not like this is my last time taking Theory, since most places don't offer credit for AP (that and I plan to major in theory/composition).

Quote:
Aww cmon, I'm sure you could tell when the singer hit tonic (during the second measure I believe she did). And then you can just use your musical common sense to fill in the stuff like passing tones. In fact, that's exactly what I did while I did the other open-ended stuff. I had about ten to fifteen minutes left to doze off even after doing the written part plus my revisions to the dictation. We had so much time for the written open-ended; it was great.
That's what I did, but I still hated how high it was. xD And still, the part writing was so easy, in my eyes. I did the bass composition in no more than five minutes, they suggested way too much time (of course, fixing everything else that I felt like I could fix without aural stimulus on the dictation took up almost all of my time). Either that or I spent too much time doing practice examples to work on speed prior to the test.
psychopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #140
Kamunt
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kamunt Send a message via MSN to Kamunt Send a message via Yahoo to Kamunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugomaru View Post
I can't say I "like" Computer Science because I've never actually taken a course in it and I have just about no idea what it is. I'm not going to take AB because several friends I know who know way more about computers than I do self-studied it this year, took it, and then walked out of it confused.
Well, it's the science of computers.

...Not fooled? Good. AP Computer science is all about the Java programming language, an object-oriented programming language.
http://java.sun.com/
http://www.collegeboard.com/student/....html?compscia
You can PM, comment or IM me sometime if you want to know more about it. It's fun stuff, but if you don't like thinking logically, you aren't going to have fun learning it. Computer science is pretty much all logic, heh. Oh...and you might wanna get this program, as well. It's easier to learn than NetBeans and is a lot less retarded than TextPad.

EDIT: asdfasdfasdf

Last edited by Omeganitros : Today at 01:46 AM. Reason: What the hell were you thinking?

Last edited by Kamunt; 05-17-2008 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: ;lkj;lkj;lkj
Kamunt is offline   Reply With Quote