Old 02-8-2008, 03:37 PM   #126
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GamerShadow
Default Re: FFR: The Phantom Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShasherax View Post
xD I laughed so hard when I saw that. Whoever made it spelled Storm wrong.

Thank you all so much, guys. =)
Old 02-8-2008, 03:51 PM   #127
funmonkey54
The Chill Keeper
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to funmonkey54

This very impressive writing!!!
funmonkey54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2008, 09:21 PM   #128
MrShasherax
This is a sandwich.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MrShasherax

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerShadow View Post
xD I laughed so hard when I saw that. Whoever made it spelled Storm wrong.

Thank you all so much, guys. =)
Yeah, those "strom" troopers are pretty sweet. xD
MrShasherax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:45 PM   #129
xinpig
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to xinpig Send a message via Skype™ to xinpig

Stormtroopers!

PSEUDO SKILL TOKENS! FC'd Blooddrunk with AVMISSING!
xinpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:13 PM   #130
MrShasherax
This is a sandwich.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinpig View Post
Stormtroopers!
Say it correctly. It's "strom" troopers.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:29 PM   #131
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

We're getting off topic. I don't want this to get locked now because of a funny picture.

I am sorry that I didn't work on the story over the weekend but I promise that over February vacation I will finish at least two chapters, if not more.

Edit: And rating the chapters would be nice. =)

(It's a 0-5 scale, with 5 being the best.)
Old 02-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #132
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Crashfan3 Send a message via Skype™ to Crashfan3

Well, the whole damn story gets a 5 from me.

And, February Vacation? What country do you live in? o.O
Old 02-11-2008, 04:15 PM   #133
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

America. =P
Old 02-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #134
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Hmph... why don't I get a February vacation? </mutter></complain></piss-and-moan>
Old 02-14-2008, 12:42 AM   #135
MrShasherax
This is a sandwich.
FFR Veteran

It's ok. Don't rush it. We want to be a nice quality story.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:27 PM   #136
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I just noticed, your avatar features two banhammers clashing against one another. Although the ones I had in mind are not similar to those, the concept is still the same. xD
Old 02-18-2008, 09:56 PM   #137
MrShasherax
This is a sandwich.
FFR Veteran

You should send me your drawings of your envisioning.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:28 PM   #138
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Chapter 12:

Engler coughed up blood, which pattered silently on the unforgiving ash. The last few minutes had by far been some of the most torturous he had experienced to date, and Shashakiro had proven to be much more than Engler could handle. Various punctures and lacerations sapped Engler’s body of both blood and strength, and he was once again finding it challenging to continue fighting, let alone keeping up with his nearly invincible opponent. He breathed deeply, inward, outward. Inward. He removed an arrow that had impaled his arm, and tried his best to cover up the wound as soon as the blood began to spill. “This is no good,” he thought to himself. Outward. “I’m dead if he attacks again, and I don’t know if he just wants to play with me some more, or if he wants to outright kill me.” Inward.

“Well now, Engler,” A confident Shashakiro broke through his half-dead opponent’s thoughts for one last taunt, “How does it feel? To be defeated by a legend? To soon be killed by the closest thing to a god that you will ever see in your life? It must feel pretty good, or bad, in your case.”

Engler spat with a painful effort as his abdominal muscles scorched in pain. He cursed Shashakiro under his breath. “Shut up, cretin,” he hatefully replied, “You will die, and I will make sure that you do so.”

Shashakiro laughed at this ridiculous response, making sure that Engler heard him. “In case you didn’t notice,” he jeered, “You are all but dead. You peaked long ago, and your power flatlined not too long ago. You have nothing left. Just give up.”

Engler spotted something in the distance out of the corner of his eye. He knew at once who the person was from the smoke that was rising from the being. Quickly, Engler formulated a plan to stall Shashakiro. Although he didn’t know it at the time, Engler would not have to wait long.

“So Shashakrio,” Engler grinned and began to bluff, “You think I have no power left? You don’t think that I have a trick up my sleeve?”

Shashakiro gave Engler a focused but slightly concerned look. It told him that he was ready for a trap of some sort, but he didn’t know what to be ready for. Engler pressed forward with his bluff, and decided to raise the stakes a little by backing his words with actions. “Well then, Shashakiro, let me show you why I will destroy this pitiful world.” Engler began to strain his muscles as he feigned bringing out the power he didn’t have at the moment. Instead, he created a gigantic harmless aura of indigo light that swirled around itself and shot up towards the sky.

Unbelievably, Shashakiro bought it. His reaction was to simply move backward and enter a defensive stance. He waited for Engler’s ultimate technique to present itself; his focus and alertness never faltering. His hands were placed over the satchel that carried his arrows, and his feet were spread apart and ready to move at the slightest sign of attack.

Suddenly, a figure jumped on Shashakiro from behind, and made him stagger. Shashakiro could see a blade that was just inches from his throat, which sent him into a gigantic adrenaline rush. He slammed the body into the ground with an unbelievable force, and the figure’s head exploded with blood. However, by this time, two more bodies had jumped onto Shashakiro. At once, he figured it out. Hackers, and lots of them.

Shashakiro tossed any nearby hacker onto the ground, and threw arrows into their heads and necks, but there seemed to be no end to the swarm of blades and bodies. Eventually, Shashakiro was pinned to the ground by a group of eight hackers. They struggled to keep him on the ground as he thrashed about, putting his best effort in escaping. More and more hackers joined in on the effort. At last, a miniature army of twenty hackers had managed to pin Shashakiro to the ground.

One of the hackers put his blade to Shash’s throat. The tip rested on Shash’s skin, craving fresh blood. The other hackers looked on, eager to see the end of the legend. Shashakiro started to sweat in his life-threatening situation, and attempted once more to escape, but it was of no use. The hacker raised its blade, preparing for the final strike, His pupils dilating with the desire to kill. His grin grew wider and wider as the blade continued to rise into the air.

Then the blade plunged, and as predicted, blood splashed everywhere. A white beam of light upward with Shashakiro in it, and carried him upward into the heavens. The eye and tooth of the Otaku Oni Dragon fell onto the ground with a soft pat, and was halfway buried by the ash and soil. Engler heard the piercing of skin from nearby, and realized what had happened. He roared with laughter, and wore a wicked grin on his face.

Blazze strode over to Engler, and helped him up. “That takes care of that scum. Are you sure you’re up for the invasion as planned?”

Engler was able to support himself, and he let go of Blazze and spat on the ground. The spit burned holes in the ash and soil before it ceased sizzling and disappeared from sight. “The invasion continues as planned. I’ll simply catch up to you when I feel I am ready. I trust you won’t screw anything up, Blazze.”

“You’re not going to lead the charge?” Blazze questioned, “What will you be doing between now and then?”

Engler eyed the Otaku Oni Dragon pendant lying on the ground. He shuffled over with a small bit of difficulty, as his right leg was all but dead, and picked the barely visible object up. After pocketing the valuable item, he merely responded, “You’ll see. Lead the main forces to The Garbage Bin, while their army is still in Chit Chat.”

Blazze hadn’t expected Engler to know the whereabouts of the TGB Army. With a raised eyebrow, he responded. “Of course, Engler. They will be there within three days.”

“Excellent.” Engler wrapped up the conversation as he transfigured himself into a pool of shadows. The nearly perfect indigo circle oozed into the ground, and disappeared from sight. Blazze was left alone with the hackers who were now lined up in a straight line.

“You heard him.” Blazze commanded the hackers, “Begin the march to the Garbage Bin immediately.” He ignited his entire body, and headed for the unknown location in which the main forces were being kept in an inferno of speed.

The Garbage Bin was experiencing quite a wonderful day. The sun, although intense and focused, was shining with a seldom seen radiance, which painted an unusual whitish-blue color on the skies, which was clear as glass. The air was oddly still, however, but the denizens of The Garbage Bin didn’t seem to mind. Their minds were more focused on the fact that many of their friends and sometimes family were off fighting in the distant land of Chit Chat. Most wondered if they would ever see them again, and some started rumors about how some ridiculous monster must have consumed the entire army with one massive gulp, or how Specforces snapped and gunned down the entire army.

The latter of these rumors was in reality not a rumor but a joke started by Squeek. Squeek was not a normal citizen to TGB, although he did sometimes when he wanted a good laugh. He had been summoned by Omegitranos, who requested a second person to assist him in keeping The Garbage Bin in order whilst Specforces and the army were away. His experience in TGB was none too thrilling this time around, and the lack of people didn’t help the cause. Mostly, Squeek would hang around with Omega and have heated debates about wavedashing and whether or not it was a glitch. Once or twice a day, they would find madmatt and windsurfer, and together, the group would all joke around and have a good time. They would split up at about midnight, and Squeek would crash at Omega’s place before repeating the bittersweet process all over again the next day.

The rather monotonous loop was broken four days later as Squeek took a random glance towards the fields that surrounded The Garbage Bin. He was shocked to see an enormous army slowly approaching the outer area of The Garbage Bin. At once, Squeek turned around, and rushed through the town. Repeatedly, he shouted at the top of his lungs, “We’re under attack! Gather your weapons! All must fight!”

Omega, who was not with Squeek at the time, heard the message being shouted through the town, and instantly gathered his weapons, and also rushed through the Garbage Bin, informing anybody and everybody he possibly could of the incoming attack. “Prepare defenses! Anything that can be used to stall them must be used! We have to hold them off until the army returns!” Omega decided to add those words to the message being shouted. They had to do whatever they could to prevent the opposing army from capturing The Garbage Bin.

Within ten minutes, the remaining citizens had lined up in a perfect row; all of them had their best battle gear with them. Most of them did not have any real armor or weapons, but they did the best they could. A few people did not even arm themselves, as they did not rely on weapons or armor to fight.

Squeek and Omega hastily surveyed the crowd to see if there were any people of note present. The first ones that they picked up on were Turboyoshi and Telvanni_guard, the latter of which was wearing his heaviest armor, and carrying his finest Halberd Axe. He had fought in a few previous wars; but none of them were really full-scale conflicts, but rather, they were rebellions or riots that had escalated into full-blown battles. Still, any experience at all at this point was invaluable, and all who had any sort of experience would fight.

Another retired soldier of note was fido123, who had merely brought an arrow holster, which was filled the the brim with arrows of all different colors and shades. Omega knew that fido would be very useful indeed, as his latent power was shooting objects at ridiculously high velocities using nothing but his mind.

The cursory survey of the crowd generated no more results. Squeek and Omega began to inform the quickly created Militia of their situation.

“As you already know,” Squeek started, “we are about to be attacked. By a force much larger than ours. And when I say much larger…”

Omega picked up from where Squeek purposely dropped off, “We mean larger. We mean that our group of eleven hundred will be taking on a force of two hundred thousand strong.”

Disbelief attempted to sweep over the crowd and shut down their confidence, but the speech that Omega gave next easily brushed aside the pesky emotion. “Soldiers, comrades, fellow members of the now official TGB Militia. We have gathered to defend the land that is ours. We are the protectors of the final frontier. We are the guardians of the only remaining light that shines even now in the darkness that has swept all other foreign lands. We are the ones that will drive back the scum. We are the TGB MILITIA!” Omega raised his right fist into the air as he roared the last sentence, and with him followed the rest of the group.

Squeek and Omega led the troops silently over to The Proving Grounds, which was the thinned out pass that served as the only pathway into The Garbage Bin. They had the soldiers line up as one army, and they blocked off the entire pass. On either side of the lines were mountains for as far as the eye could see. And in front stood the massive force of two hundred thousand, all of them armed to the teeth, all of them ready to kill.

Omega shot his left arm into the air, and summoned his banhammer, while Squeek followed suit. Silently, they stood their ground, ready to clash to the death. It was do or die, and every cell in every organ in every body of every soldier knew. This was the beginning of the end.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:38 PM   #139
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

poor Shash.

He was too young ;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:42 PM   #140
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Hackers + win?

No no no, NOOOO no no no no...