Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What's your political alliance & think of the US's current gov't/state-of-affairs?
Democrat, Approve of government and state-of-affairs 0 0%
Democrat, Disapprove of government and state-of-affairs 3 42.86%
Republican, Approve of government and state-of-affairs 1 14.29%
Republican, Disapprove of government and state-of-affairs 0 0%
Independent/Other, Approve of government and state-of-affairs 0 0%
Independent/Other, Disapprove of government and state-of-affairs 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2007, 11:46 PM   #1
Kamunt
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kamunt Send a message via MSN to Kamunt Send a message via Yahoo to Kamunt
Post What do You Think of the Government's Job? (See note on Poll)

NOTE ON THE POLL: I'm not gonna lie, the poll is specifically for a school assignment. But, I'm trying to collect data for my AP Stats final project. Not only that, I'm genuinely interested in what people have to say about this topic. You can vote and post, or just do one or the other (keep the replies smart, folks), but I kindly request that ONLY FFR-goers that are 14-19 (13's fine, too, I guess) and live in America, or have lived in America, vote in the poll--it's for statistical purposes, please understand. Then again, I can't really stop you....

Not just the U.S. government, perhaps the U.K. government, or the Irish government? Maybe even, the Egyptian government or the Israeli government? The question is, how do you think your country's (or others') government is doing right now? How do you think they're handling the homefront & foreign affairs? What do you think of your leaders, and would you vote for them again if they were to run again (if you could vote)?

I'll start things off with good ol' Amerika. Now, I'm not gonna lie, I'm not a huge Dubya fan. I'm a liberal through and through, but I also believe in common sense and morals. If I had to choose one side, then no, I don't approve of the current way George W. Bush is handling the U.S.A. and other nations. I used to think quite highly of him, at least in his first term. Now, I don't often find myself agreeing with his actions or his words, but every now and then I have to agree with him.
A prime example of this is my support for his want to send more troops to Iraq before we begin to pull out. He's absolutely correct about one thing--things are only going to get worse before they get better, as we've seen already. We can't just back out now, with all of the work we've put into the Middle East, especially Iraq. Now, the Taliban is creeping back together in Afghanistan and the world (or at least the media) seems to be turning a blind eye to this, as far as I can see. Our job is clearly not done there. Iran is also becoming a huge problem, what with teh nukz0rs and everything. I don't agree with basically every Democratic senator turning against him and plugging their ears every time he tries to explain himself. He's not a clueless moron...he's a clueless Texan. Yeah, I went there. But not anymore.

Dubya aside, it seems like the US government is so busy fighting amongst itself that no one is even actually listening to each other. The solutions to so many problems seem to be lying directly in front of us, but our government seems to have blinded themselves with science as well as a lack of belief in it, stacked on top of a creamy right- and left-winged agenda filling and a big, plump partisan cherry topping off the entire sundae. It's stupid happenings like these that make Senator Barack Obama seem like such a viable candidate for presidency. Sure, he may not have the answers to every single problem we face, and sure, he's gonna do some things that some people aren't gonna like sometimes, but he's got the attitude, the charisma and the ideals that America has been so desperately in need of for decades now. I turn 18 on May 27th next year, and you can bet that, provided he wins the Democratic nomination, I'll be voting Obama '08 once elections roll around. PopoZäo.

P.S. I may identify as a Democrat, but I in no way endorse everything "my party" does and says. Limits on abortion for the win.

Last edited by Omeganitros : Today at 01:46 AM. Reason: What the hell were you thinking?

Last edited by Kamunt; 05-15-2007 at 12:16 AM..
Kamunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:41 AM   #2
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: What do You Think of the Government's Job? (See note on Poll)

Asking people who are 71% under voting age, and 100% not old enough to have actually voted before seems to generate not a whole lot of statistical worth to me.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:51 AM   #3
Kamunt
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kamunt Send a message via MSN to Kamunt Send a message via Yahoo to Kamunt

That's why I'm posting this on several different forums, and asking people in real life.

Last edited by Omeganitros : Today at 01:46 AM. Reason: What the hell were you thinking?
Kamunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:58 AM   #4
Kilroy_x
Little Chief Hare
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Kilroy_x

I class myself as a Libertarian. Here are some reforms and policies I would like to see:

*Abolishment of all forms of income tax. Prefer abolishment of all forms of involuntary tax period, however, if necessary I would be most likely to support a flat sales tax.

*Lessening of current market regulations and restrictions, including the practice of barring entry to certain occupations as well as most regulatory agencies. Would prefer complete abolishment, but if necessary would be most likely to support effluent charges as a means of punitive damage for things such as pollution, minor health code violations etc. Jail would remain for serious crimes .

*Constitutional protection and government recognition of Same-sex marriages, as well as polygamous and polyandrous marriages.

*Lessening of government restriction of firearms.

*Replacement of current socialized system of education with voucher based system from 3rd or 4th grade onwards. Based on success of system, would eventually like to see it privatized completely.

*No more stupid wars.

*Increased localization of issues not pertaining to criminal law or social restrictions (basically, "how much money should we spend on x", etc.), accompanied with increased respect for the constitution.
Kilroy_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:34 PM   #5
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamunt View Post
That's why I'm posting this on several different forums, and asking people in real life.
If you're putting the same age restrictions on it elsewhere, my point still stands.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote