Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
Redorigami
Call me Massive Swallow
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Redorigami Send a message via MSN to Redorigami Send a message via Yahoo to Redorigami
Lightbulb Existence

This has been bothering me a lot recently. Basically, assuming that there isn't a god, where do you think the world came from? Even if it was there since the dawn of time, it had to have come from something. And then, what exactly could there have been before that, and what is to come afterwards? I pretty much have no opinions on these matters right now so I would like to know what all of you think.
Redorigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:31 PM   #2
RB_Dreamscanner
☭Retired Top One Hander☭
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to RB_Dreamscanner
Default Re: Existence

red,this is what we all ask ourselves all the time,no one has a clue,nor an answer.everyone would like an answer but this will just stay as a great huge mysterie.if anyone at all knew,just one person,why would we be asking? that person would tell one person,who would tell 2,who would tell 4 and so on.if we knew teh truth we would all be happy,but this mysterie pisses me off more then a game of fvcking chess when im stuck in a check and cant find that one fvucking move to get out of it.

GOD!!

Retired, Finished at rank 295, Top one hander on FFR
RB_Dreamscanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:35 PM   #3
Redorigami
Call me Massive Swallow
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Redorigami Send a message via MSN to Redorigami Send a message via Yahoo to Redorigami

I didn't wan't the answer to life, I wanted opinions. If all of the topics on this board had definite answers that people knew then there would be no use in the critical thinking forum at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadNv View Post
Got dibs on La Camp.
Oh right, Im not any good.
Got dibs on Pita.
Redorigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:36 PM   #4
RB_Dreamscanner
☭Retired Top One Hander☭
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to RB_Dreamscanner

well u retard if u ya read it enough ull realize its an opinion form

Retired, Finished at rank 295, Top one hander on FFR
RB_Dreamscanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #5
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

RB_Dreamscanner: Five days for flaming in CT and a hairsbreadth away from an extra day or two for poor orthography.

Religiously, the beginning of the universe is quite well-explained.
Scientifically, we have come to understand that there is absolutely no way we can even wager a guess.

So take your pick, but there really can't be much critical thinking in such a discussion.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:18 PM   #6
Pippin667
FFR Player

Have you ever thought about pure nothingness? Well you cant because the "word" the "though" and the "idea" of nothing is there. And that is the beginning and the end.

So said Pippin in his diary 19:23

lol
Pippin667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:48 PM   #7
x6tence
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to x6tence Send a message via Yahoo to x6tence

There is a god(and he loves you and me just alike) thats why I x6ist...
x6tence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:49 PM   #8
Pippin667
FFR Player

This is a personal thing and i dont really think it needs to be said but i dont believe that statement one bit.
Pippin667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-1-2007, 07:21 PM   #9
Wootsicle
Nothing can stop me now..
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Wootsicle

Hah, it's completely worthless arguing this situation at all. No one can prove any of it true.. No one can prove any of it false. Good luck with that. BTW, if there is a God, quite simply asking, where did he come from? Did he create himself? Oh boy I hate that paradox. The chicken and the egg, so to speak. ^_~
Wootsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-1-2007, 07:31 PM   #10
acknerr
FFR Player

It's something I often ponder. The fact of the matter is, no one will truly know the answer as to why we are here and how everything started. Perhaps the meaning of life is merely to question its existence ^_^
acknerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-1-2007, 07:43 PM   #11
1337h4xz0r
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I honestly don't see the point in wondering about it =/ you live, then you die. knowing the answer to that doesn't matter.

just like why everyone wonders what we could be capable of if we used the other 90% of our brain...

I know everyone's opinon is different about it.. and either way, no one can be right.

Last edited by 1337h4xz0r; 02-1-2007 at 08:09 PM..
1337h4xz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-1-2007, 08:22 PM   #12
Darkstalker_X
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Darkstalker_X Send a message via MSN to Darkstalker_X Send a message via Skype™ to Darkstalker_X

To live is a pleasure, to die is another.

Humans have always been wondering to themselves how did they come to an existance, what was the fact or cause that brought us all here, yet to us, there is no known reason.

Be sure to check me out man, you don't wanna miss out the GOOD stuff. .
Darkstalker_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2007, 01:47 PM   #13
Armadegon
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstalker_X View Post
To live is a pleasure, to die is another.

Humans have always been wondering to themselves how did they come to an existance, what was the fact or cause that brought us all here, yet to us, there is no known reason.
Speaking as a devotee to logic I am perpetualy a victim of this wondering. However we do not know that the earth exists, we do not know that FFR exists and we do not know that the bible even exsists. In fact from your perspective I might not exist and from my perspective you may not exist. In a moment I could wake up and find this was one long dream and remember that I do know how the universe was created and I actualy just dreamed this whole thing up.

Life is short - enjoy it while you can - If you exist
Armadegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2007, 08:27 PM   #14
T3hDDRKid
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadegon View Post
Speaking as a devotee to logic I am perpetualy a victim of this wondering. However we do not know that the earth exists, we do not know that FFR exists and we do not know that the bible even exsists. In fact from your perspective I might not exist and from my perspective you may not exist. In a moment I could wake up and find this was one long dream and remember that I do know how the universe was created and I actualy just dreamed this whole thing up.

Life is short - enjoy it while you can - If you exist
Stop talking psychobabble. This isn't "Do we exist?", it's "How?" Maybe one day you'll wake up. If you do, you'll know then. Until now, we're going on the assumption that we do, in fact, exist.

Personally, I'm Christian and I believe that God created the universe. Religious beliefs aside, however, I find the Big Bang Theory improbable. The largest problem is simply where would the matter come from in the first place? Scientists say everything created because "Boom!", a singularity exploded. And.. the singularity came from where? Also, while I don't completely understand this [I haven't been to college for years to study it], but from what I understand from the research that has been done, the force of the explosion and the gravity keeping everything together after the explosion was very finely tuned. If the balance was tipped just a little one way or the other, everything would be spread out gases or a condensed ball of matter.

I don't mind if you don't think God created everything, but please don't say "thats stoopid, yer stoopid, gods not real" Not everybody believes, and it's fine with me, but the people who only come in with a one-liner like that annoy me ^^

Also, if anybody has read Angels & Demons by Dan Brown, it has an interesting concept similar to this. While it's fictional, in the book scientists use a 28-mile diameter particle accelerator to smash atoms together and actually create matter, along with anti-matter [another interesting topic in itself.] It's a good book.

what brought this country together?

desegregation

we need to segregate again so we can DEsegregate and everyone will feel good again

let's start with baseball
T3hDDRKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2007, 05:35 PM   #15
denton_12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to denton_12 Send a message via MSN to denton_12 Send a message via Skype™ to denton_12

Some people see life differently than others. Some see it as a menance that should be ended, some see life as something great that should be shared. Some people are cold, others are fun and light-hearted, but there is no one the same. There may be strong similarities between two individuals, but there are no EXACT copies.

I see life a lot differently than most people. I try to break down everyday like a scientist breaks down a proceduare to find out exactly what it is. I've come to realize that life is nothing more than experiences and reactions. Everything you encounter is an experience, driving, running, breathing. Anything that you can think of is an experience and it's these experiences that make up your life. The way that you react to experiences that you encounter is what makes you who you are, or your "character" so to speak.

Is there a god? I don't kno wthe answer to that question, which is the reason I don't try to force my religion on people. Do I think there is a god? Absolutely. Another part of my theory begins here. The way that I react to experiences is my judgement when I reach Heaven. I'm being judged right now as I write this, and if you're tryin got think what "experience" this is my reaction to, well, I started writing, and while writing, I reacted to my thoughts (which would be the experience, thinking)
denton_12 is offline   Reply With Quote