View Single Post
Old 04-5-2011, 02:16 PM   #643
emulord
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
You're alterating the difficulty of the charts if you allow yourself to miss in songs to have better pa. It's like I played Magical 8bit Tour and missed the transitions on the 32nd trills to get 8-2-10-8 instead of 30-12-0-30. The reason imo why 13-1-3-4 would be worse than 134-34-0-325 is because missing is like a major blunder/being greedy on pa and mashing is like understanding that you can't do X part and trying to compensate by showing at least the speed with a pa penalty. If you can 13-1-3-4 something, you can definitely get like 18-3-0-16 and work from there. I think that boos could have a bigger penalty on songs rather than taking out the combo-scoring. It could affect the score in an exponential way when you start having too many of them.

tldr; Where's the "skill" in missing?
This. Mashing is still somewhat difficult to do some patterns (runningmen, trills, jacks). It tends to be the intermediate players who mash so they have a placeholder score on some songs, then go back and fix it.
You still get to get the satisfaction of FCing even though you mash over the parts you cant do.

Pros are gonna have better PA FCs, so whats the problem?

In fact, a major problem is "Good accuracy almost FC's" beating mashed scores. This causes people to lose FCs since the scoreboard only keeps best score. It makes me paranoid and start mashing towards the end of a song to ensure I get a FC.

Last edited by emulord; 04-5-2011 at 02:18 PM..
emulord is offline   Reply With Quote