Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-6-2013, 07:07 AM   #61
Xenorosth
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Create-a-Token-Image Contest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ View Post
Went ahead and did a few as well just now:

Ball of Malt v2
Kirlian Shores 1 (Not really that well readable, should probably make the edge of the hand lighter but what I did was use a kirlian photograph cause kirlian hehu)
Kirlian Shores 2
MLP Melody 1
MLP Melody 2
S (pianers cause classical remix)
TGWP (I read a smash bros idea somewhere in the thread and I really liked that idea so I went ahead and tried that)
When The Earth Blew Up v2
World's End Yama Xanadu
Damnit Spitfire, give other's a chance! XD You probably just won ALL of them.
Old 01-6-2013, 08:51 AM   #62
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
TGWP (I read a smash bros idea somewhere in the thread and I really liked that idea so I went ahead and tried that)
I really like this one. This is perfect for the song in my opinion as both the song and the game represent franchises mixing to each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 01-6-2013, 10:23 AM   #63
Nick Skyline
Retired from VSRGs
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Went ahead and did a few as well just now:

Ball of Malt v2
Kirlian Shores 1 (Not really that well readable, should probably make the edge of the hand lighter but what I did was use a kirlian photograph cause kirlian hehu)
Kirlian Shores 2
MLP Melody 1
MLP Melody 2
S (pianers cause classical remix)
When The Earth Blew Up v2
World's End Yama Xanadu
Criticism/judging time for me!

Ball of Malt v2 - (Neo?)Classical Country music aside, this song surprised me the first time I heard it after looking at this token. They seem to match very well; although when I listen to it, I imagine an old-fasioned drinking party in a saloon for some reason. And you would find cowboys like the one in this token in saloons every once in a while.

Kirlian Shores - The kirlian photograph in the red one doesn't seem to fit the...calm tone this song carries, so I think that a cool color would fit better for this song (that's what you're doing for the second token, though); but I'm sure the edge of the hand on that token is fine. Okay token IMO. The second one just seems to stand out a lot better, but I can't really figure out why...maybe a historical painting of the coastline of an ocean just seems to scream out "Kirlian Shores" to me.

MLP Melody - I agree with popsicle on this one; those tokens are miles better without ponies than with. The rainbow outline on the second token is kinda what steals the competition away for me for this song; regardless, both tokens match the show (or, at least, represent one of the characters) perfectly.

S - Remix of classical piano song, meet Spitfire's piano GFX. The positioning of the black keys is almost completely uniform in relation to the finger. And had it not been for that black outline on the hand, it could have been regarded as invisible, or blending in with the white keys. I personally found it to be unfortunately generic for my tastes, the overhead piano keys just don't seem to work for me. Worst token out of the bunch IMO.

The Games we Played - Aside from FFR's trademark Skill Token hand being replaced by Crazy Hand from Melee, this one just kicked my fuckin' ass. That's all I will say for this one.

The Earth Blew Up - Fires of Hell, engulf the planet and burn it to ashes (insert evil laughter)! It's hard to find an image of a nuclear explosion from space, but this image still seems to represent the token very well (I tried looking for one myself a couple times, couldn't find one). Also, am I the only one that convinced myself that looks a little bit like a dragon? Just saying. Regardless, I really like this token; the image of Earth being swallowed by fire just puts a smile on my face when I look at this.

World End's Yama Xanadu - You know every movie that starts in a post-apocalyptic future at sunrise? This seems like it could be from one of those movies. I know, it's considered to be a bit of a cliché, but it fits here. I'm not even going to question the possibility of several F5 tornadoes striking North America within the next year.

Great job on all of these tokens, Spitfire. I appreciate any responses you have.

also zephei that token for white walls pt2 is boss...That crack in the wall makes the hand stand out perfectly. Even the black outline is really good, like it contrasts the wall.

EDIT: Thanks, noname for clearing that.

Last edited by Nick Skyline; 01-10-2013 at 12:26 AM..
Old 01-6-2013, 12:19 PM   #64
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Skyline View Post
Sorry, but you made too many entries for this competition (the maximum was 5, not 10).
I thought it was 5 entries per token, not total...?

EDIT : Yep

Quote:
Contest Rules

* You can have five entries per token, no more than that!
EDIT2 :
Quote:
Haha, it had to be done, nice execution. I like the perspective of the hand, it gives a lot of dynamism to the composition. I don't understand the background, not being a huge Smash Bros player, it reminds me of the Danish flag. ^^

Last edited by noname219; 01-6-2013 at 12:27 PM..
Old 01-6-2013, 05:15 PM   #65
Zephei
The Supreme Bean
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Zephei

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKitsune View Post
Oh my god, that is awesome. ^^
Quote:
also zephei that token for white walls pt2 is boss...That crack in the wall makes the hand stand out perfectly. Even the black outline is really good, like it contrasts the wall.
Thanks!

Old 01-6-2013, 05:20 PM   #66
LaZboy77
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to LaZboy77

Yes! Not mine, obviously.
I wasn't sure how to "quote" the picture.

Just one question: How do they decide whether they want it to be a skill token or a regular token?
Attached Images
File Type: png TGWP_Token.png (4.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by LaZboy77; 01-6-2013 at 05:27 PM..
Old 01-6-2013, 05:52 PM   #67
Xenorosth
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Criticism/judging time for me!

Ball of Malt v2 - (Neo?)Classical Country music aside, this song surprised me the first time I heard it after looking at this token. They seem to match very well; although when I listen to it, I imagine an old-fasioned drinking party in a saloon for some reason. And you would find cowboys like the one in this token in saloons every once in a while.

Kirlian Shores - The kirlian photograph in the red one doesn't seem to fit the...calm tone this song carries, so I think that a cool color would fit better for this song (that's what you're doing for the second token, though); but I'm sure the edge of the hand on that token is fine. Overall, worst token out of the bunch IMO. The second one just seems to stand out a lot better, but I can't really figure out why...maybe a historical painting of the coastline of an ocean just seems to scream out "Kirlian Shores" to me.

MLP Melody - I agree with popsicle on this one; those tokens are miles better without ponies than with. The rainbow outline on the second token is kinda what steals the competition away for me for this song; regardless, both tokens match the show (or, at least, represent one of the characters) perfectly.

S - Remix of classical piano song, meet Spitfire's piano GFX. The positioning of the black keys is almost completely uniform in relation to the finger. And had it not been for that black outline on the hand, it could have been regarded as invisible, or blending in with the white keys. I personally found it to be unfortunately generic for my tastes, the overhead piano keys just don't seem to work for me.

The Games we Played - Aside from FFR's trademark Skill Token hand being replaced by Crazy Hand from Melee, this one just kicked my fuckin' ass. That's all I will say for this one.

The Earth Blew Up - Fires of Hell, engulf the planet and burn it to ashes (insert evil laughter)! It's hard to find an image of a nuclear explosion from space, but this image still seems to represent the token very well (I tried looking for one myself a couple times, couldn't find one). Also, am I the only one that convinced myself that looks a little bit like a dragon? Just saying. Regardless, I really like this token; the image of Earth being swallowed by fire just puts a smile on my face when I look at this.

World End's Yama Xanadu - You know every movie that starts in a post-apocalyptic future at sunrise? This seems like it could be from one of those movies. I know, it's considered to be a bit of a cliché, but it fits here. I'm not even going to question the possibility of several F5 tornadoes striking North America within the next year.

Great job on all of these tokens, Spitfire. I appreciate any responses you have.

EDIT: Thanks, noname for clearing that.
What? What? And I don't get any sort of critic? D:
Old 01-6-2013, 05:52 PM   #68
Zephei
The Supreme Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaZboy77 View Post
Yes! Not mine, obviously.
I wasn't sure how to "quote" the picture.

Just one question: How do they decide whether they want it to be a skill token or a regular token?
All are skill tokens except for World's End Yama Xanadu and The Games We Played 1-5 which are "normal" tokens.

Old 01-6-2013, 08:59 PM   #69
Zephei
The Supreme Bean

These are my final designs. Disregard any previous posts including these.

White Walls, Part 2

Kirlian Shores

The earth blew up v2
I generated the explosion in the background using an image of dirt.

World End's Yama Xanadu

R176 v2 (with Xenorosth)
Use the design from this post, not his. We ironed out a few errors.

Ball of Malt v2

My Little Pony Medley [Heavy]
Thought I might as well make a design, couldn't come up with many good ideas.

Feedback appreciated.

And that's a wrap! Good luck to everyone.

Last edited by Zephei; 01-6-2013 at 09:37 PM..
Old 01-6-2013, 10:44 PM   #70
LaZboy77
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to LaZboy77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephei View Post
All are skill tokens except for World's End Yama Xanadu and The Games We Played 1-5 which are "normal" tokens.
Yeah, I know. I'm just wondering how they decided that The Games We Played would be a regular token. I just know that regular tokens I usually have to find or do something weird to earn. Whereas for skill tokens I need to play the game to earn. The Games We Played requires an FC of parts 1-5. So, I'm wondering why they made it a regular token instead of a skill token.
Old 01-6-2013, 10:47 PM   #71
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

It's generally a rather arbitrary decision. However, when it comes to v2 songs and files of multiple difficulties, those ones will almost certainly be a skill token as opposed to a regular token.
Old 01-6-2013, 11:15 PM   #72
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaZboy77 View Post
Yeah, I know. I'm just wondering how they decided that The Games We Played would be a regular token. I just know that regular tokens I usually have to find or do something weird to earn. Whereas for skill tokens I need to play the game to earn. The Games We Played requires an FC of parts 1-5. So, I'm wondering why they made it a regular token instead of a skill token.
I felt the same way before, but there are other tokens that involve skills and are classified as normal tokens. (Dendrite v2, Tell v3, You Gotta B-E-E-R, Here We Go, etc.) Those are more "accomplishement tokens" and TGWP (Full Edition) is exactly this type of token. (accomplishment tokens = tokens that doesn't need one sitting to unlock them.) Problem is, Token Whore is in the Skill Token section and fits more in the Normal Section. It was probably put there because the requirement is directly related to the Skill Token section.

There was a thread back in 2012 that talked a little bit about moving the tokens into new categories : http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ghlight=tokens.
I feel it could make more sense to create new categories for tokens since the list has increased a lot and we have more complex and new token requirements. I don't think it's a necessity right now because it doesn't affect how we can unlock them, but it could be a nice feature to improve the site.

Last edited by noname219; 01-6-2013 at 11:19 PM..
Old 01-6-2013, 11:46 PM   #73
popsicle_3000
Legendary Noob

Send a message via Skype™ to popsicle_3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephei View Post
These are my final designs. Disregard any previous posts including these.

White Walls, Part 2

Kirlian Shores

The earth blew up v2
I generated the explosion in the background using an image of dirt.

World End's Yama Xanadu

R176 v2 (with Xenorosth)
Use the design from this post, not his. We ironed out a few errors.

Ball of Malt v2

My Little Pony Medley [Heavy]
Thought I might as well make a design, couldn't come up with many good ideas.

Feedback appreciated.

And that's a wrap! Good luck to everyone.
world's end and MLP ftw!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
39,000 popsicles pro bg blue note arrow slayer whoa damn..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
one way to stream them all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Right after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)

But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
replacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).
Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Title: Popsicle Three

Thousand the farthest
He's gone in an official
Whoop hip hip hooray!
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
kjwkjw: "oh my god, Tosh. Post that in the thread."

@popsicle_3000:
Danger incoming
The popsicles are melting
Three thousand of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
you got to ease the topic into some conversation and let it go from there

dynam0: man friend that was an intense sm session right?
friend: haha yeah you really nailed those patterns
dynam0: yeah man kind of like how gay dudes nail other gay dudes in the ass!
friend: hey bro can i tell you something
dynam0 yeah man whats up?
friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
friend: thanks man
dynam0: no problem man
Quote:
pop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)
Quote:
Well, Popsicle won every award this year so it was canceled.
Old 01-6-2013, 11:54 PM   #74
Nick Skyline
Retired from VSRGs
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenorosth View Post
What? What? And I don't get any sort of critic? D:
Well, you're asking for it. Are you not?

I'll soon edit this post to criticize your tokens.
Old 01-7-2013, 12:11 AM   #75
popsicle_3000
Legendary Noob

Send a message via Skype™ to popsicle_3000

no edit, do a new post so we can read it

Quote:
39,000 popsicles pro bg blue note arrow slayer whoa damn..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
one way to stream them all
Quote:
Right after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)

But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
replacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).
Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Title: Popsicle Three

Thousand the farthest
He's gone in an official
Whoop hip hip hooray!
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
kjwkjw: "oh my god, Tosh. Post that in the thread."

@popsicle_3000:
Danger incoming
The popsicles are melting
Three thousand of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
you got to ease the topic into some conversation and let it go from there

dynam0: man friend that was an intense sm session right?
friend: haha yeah you really nailed those patterns
dynam0: yeah man kind of like how gay dudes nail other gay dudes in the ass!
friend: hey bro can i tell you something
dynam0 yeah man whats up?
friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
friend: thanks man
dynam0: no problem man
Quote:
pop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)
Quote:
Well, Popsicle won every award this year so it was canceled.
Old 01-7-2013, 12:42 AM   #76
Xenorosth
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Indeed. And yes, I did want critique. I worked hard on these 9 tokens!
Old 01-7-2013, 01:14 AM   #77
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

Just so everyone's aware again, the contest closes today at 7PM EST (so in just under 17 hours). Goooood luck ;D
Old 01-7-2013, 02:48 PM   #78
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

So, since I don't have any time to finish these, not to mention the programs or available computer, I'll post these here. Granted these are all pretty old, and are using a lower quality template, as alluded to in my earlier post. Feel free to use/modify as needed, I'd rather not have this work go to waste. To be honest, I was just happy to find these after losing most of my files from this time period. Unfortunately, I no longer have the backup photoshop files which would make updating these much easier.

Since there is a limit to what I can submit, I figure if you're willing to use one without any hand/danceguy feel free to use one of these 5, no preference:

------------------------------------
Free to use "Blank Token" Templates
------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
Old 01-7-2013, 03:11 PM   #79
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

WEYX dunno just messin around

Old 01-7-2013, 05:33 PM   #80
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

You're just 2 over the limit psycho lol

But I do feel they're just "randomly" selected graphics, without any attention to the theme or feel of a particular song. Decision's not up to me though :J