Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #41
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

Default Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

I pretty much took it to another level by making copycat suicides all over the world. That would send people into chaos and even give the jumper some purpose. It would also make people copycat suicide too. (because technically this is just repetitive suicide as opposed to copycat suicide)

But yeah I thought of it, I just didn't mention it because it's too obvious.

You could take it a step further by making it KNOWN that you are a jumper and have a mission to destroy the human race because you are batshit crazy too. The best thing about this is you are immortal, and you can do whatever the hell you please. Human beings don't like unpredictable situations coupled with certainty of death. There's plenty you could do with it.

Last edited by Pseudo Enigma; 08-23-2012 at 03:08 PM..
Pseudo Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #42
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by top View Post
One thing none of you have seemed to mention is the fact that even though you're "immortal" you could just kill yourself over and over until nobody is left to take over. So if you finally decide that you've had enough of life, just go on a giant killing spree. You might disagree with this idea now, but think about it, if you were driven to insanity because you couldn't die permanently, this idea would seem perfect.
neat-o idea, but far from perfect. bagels probably kill more people on a daily basis than you would. Not to mention it would take over 21 million years to kill the current (unexpanding) world's population one by one, each day...

still a cool story! I wish you luck on your quest~ :}
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #43
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk View Post
neat-o idea, but far from perfect. bagels probably kill more people on a daily basis than you would. Not to mention it would take over 21 million years to kill the current (unexpanding) world's population one by one, each day...

still a cool story! I wish you luck on your quest~ :}
and that is why my scenario is scarier, since people are put under pressure, are vulnerable and are scared. People do shit when they are scared. They get violent. They kill more than you would ever be able to alone.

edit: I think I should make it clear now that I meant my second part of the earlier post and not the first. The difference is you are killing people yourself, and you are also committing suicide.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #44
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma View Post
and that is why my scenario is scarier, since people are put under pressure, are vulnerable and are scared. People do shit when they are scared. They get violent. They kill more than you would ever be able to alone.

edit: I think I should make it clear now that I meant my second part of the earlier post and not the first. The difference is you are killing people yourself, and you are also committing suicide.
#YOL∞
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #45
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by top View Post
One thing none of you have seemed to mention is the fact that even though you're "immortal" you could just kill yourself over and over until nobody is left to take over. So if you finally decide that you've had enough of life, just go on a giant killing spree. You might disagree with this idea now, but think about it, if you were driven to insanity because you couldn't die permanently, this idea would seem perfect.
Far from perfect. :O

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_p...e_every_minute

4.45 babies are born every second, and 1.8 people die every second, for a net of +2.65 viable bodies per second. Of course, this rate will probably rise even more over time, but let's assume it's constant.

You have to be able to kill yourself at a faster rate than this in order to run out of bodies eventually. This means you have to wake up AND kill yourself roughly 3 times a second. And you have to do it for a long, long time. It's also complicated by situations where you wake up as someone who's pretty much immobilized. Or what if you screw up your suicide and just lie awake in pain, unable to sleep, for hours and hours, losing precious time? Are you really willing to endure that level of pain for such a long period of time?

At 3 suicides a second, that puts you at a net of -.35 per second. How long would it take to kill off 7 billion people at that rate? About 20 billion seconds, or about 634 years. 634 years of *constant* suicide, and that's *assuming* you could kill yourself at such a rate and that the rate wouldn't increase. There are plenty of other assumptions here that would change this figure but the point still stands: Killing yourself a whole bunch isn't a feasible option.

Even if you tried to take matters into your own hands and kill a bunch of people instead, it would be just a small dent -- and the time taken to put that plan into motion likely wouldn't offset the rate of increase anyway.

Face it, guys, *this situation is a really nasty curse*, lol.

Eventually you're going to get sick of masturbating for all eternity and crave long-term relationships that you can't forge. Nobody will know you or be able to relate to you. If you try to reveal yourself and make national news, you'll probably just sound like a nut, and even IF you manage to pull off some form of awareness, there will be copycats who claim to be bodyjumpers too just to get attention.

Eternal suckiness, man. I guess the one upside is that you'll get to see the fate of the human race and all the cool shit science brings us.

Last edited by Reincarnate; 08-23-2012 at 05:40 PM..
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #46
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
Far from perfect.
I assumed I had a major flaw in my theory, but I was close-minded with my opinion. Thanks for pointing out the flaws and actually giving in depth statistics, etc.

I guess you really would be stuck forever, or at least until humanity died out through natural selection.
top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #47
Emanresu13
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I guess the one upside is that you'll get to see the fate of the human race and all the cool shit science brings us.
this is why i would love to be immortal

within the context of this topic, however, being unable to keep relationships would be incredibly sucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
^
Emanresu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #48
Herogashix
Descension from Heaven
FFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk View Post
Short term & long term ... What would you do?
I'd piss myself in anger that I'd never be able to keep a solid skill level.

If I woke up in Dossar's body, I'd get him perma'd here. (jokes buddy, that would be retarded)
Old 08-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #49
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Why kill yourself? Let's put the immorality to the limit and kill everyone around yourself. I guess, you could wait until you can enter the body of somebody that has access to a greater weapon of mass destruction. Being realistic, you could probably launch a few missiles here and there (strategically) to engage a global war. People would blame you for this, but it would not matter since you could re-enter someone else's mind.

Repeating this process through the course of several months would cause chaos and disorder on the entire planet. Upon that, you could also spread a propaganda of fear, eventually leading to paranoia, suicides or even mass genocide. I mean, it would be fair to say that every individual you would take over has the potential to create a certain madness around himself, and could be amplified in synch with other's actions. Say, a prison guard could unleash prisoners into the wilderness. Or a scientific could insert a virus in our daily life. Even a businessman could go around, killing people with staplers. (let's be creative in immortality shall we?)

In sum, the population of the earth would diminish drastically. And with years of effort, it would be possible to say that you could reach a few millions, maybe less. People would then realize the situation, and face the fact that everybody could lose control of their actions (not knowing you are the cause). Humans would lose trust to each other = people would kill each other. (human nature eh...)

The result? After decades, probably more, one person would be left on this planet. Since your mind is not influenced by his mental state, you would then enter his body, undergoing no change in perception. Of course, you would have no one else but him to transport, so it's really a dead-end.

BUT ONLY THEN, you could start living like a normal person.
And that brings us back to the beginning.

But then again, it would probably be best to kill yourself.

Last edited by Crazyjayde; 08-23-2012 at 08:52 PM..
Crazyjayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #50
Emanresu13
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

2 all u killrs:

i hope u r da last persoun evar but than u kill urself & bcum a snail
Quote:
^
Old 08-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #51
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Btw, just to clarify, this is not my opinion. But just another approach to the dilemma which reveals other reflections: If you want to die, you'll have to kill everyone. So is it worth it? If you want to live normally, you'll have to kill everyone. So is it worth it?

No matter what, it is really a curse.
Redundancy is a curse.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #52
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I posted above explaining why trying to kill everyone off is not a feasible idea. The growth rate is too high (and in reality, it will rise due to exponential reproduction and longer lifespan).
Old 08-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #53
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

So we are assuming we could wake up as a baby?
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #54
Emanresu13
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

haha wow. yeah wake up as a baby with full language capability. i wonder if you'd need better muscle memory/development to speak properly.
Quote:
^
Old 08-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #55
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I didn't say killing people by yourself. I said, what if you could influence people to kill each other. It's a different matter and this is a factor that can be raised exponentially since it is not of your control but can be multiplied by your actions.

The idea that one man can create the end of the world is easily feasible. I'm not pessimistic when I say that, but think of our humanity as it is right now.
Isn't it fragile?

Edit: And seriously. You're pretty hardcore if you're able to give birth and raise your child while fighting for your life. I'm not even a imagining a worldwide war right now, it's a planetary killing spree.

Sorry for the negative thinking, this is really just to experiment our morals.

Last edited by Crazyjayde; 08-23-2012 at 09:27 PM..
Old 08-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #56
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjayde View Post
I didn't say killing people by yourself. I said, what if you could influence people to kill each other. It's a different matter and this is a factor that can be raised exponentially since it is not of your control but can be multiplied by your actions.

The idea that one man can create the end of the world is easily feasible. I'm not pessimistic when I say that, but think of our humanity as it is right now.
Isn't it fragile?
Not that fragile. Starting genocides like that is oftentimes a rather long-term endeavor in terms of amassing resources and power. You aren't going to get people to kill each other by just causing chaos unless you live in a movie and constantly ask people if they know how you got-these-scars.

Besides, such a thing would be shortlived and probably STILL wouldn't offset the longterm deathrate requirement.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #57
Banned
FFR Veteran

I think it's definitely a plausible idea to consider, Reincarnate. Think about it, you have years and years to plan it out and set off a series of events that would gradually lead to a possible World War 3. If you killed enough people in the right places, killed the RIGHT people, and had some luck on your side, I think it's a pretty feasible achievement.

Like Crazyjayde said, once you influence enough people, then you wouldn't be alone in your endeavor. It could hasten things up quite quickly.

Of course, that's not to say it would be easy by any means. Just that by influence, you could make it easier.
top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #58
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I agree on this. When statistics are gathered, you're facing a wall of improbability.
Though I'm still relying on the fact that such an enterprise really is just a matter of being in the right body at the right time, and in the end has to depend on luck.
It's plausible, there's no denying it. But there's also no denying the fact of success is among the billions.

Though, my statement really firstly consisted as a philosophical dilemma, facts were of minor importance.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #59
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I posted above explaining why trying to kill everyone off is not a feasible idea. The growth rate is too high (and in reality, it will rise due to exponential reproduction and longer lifespan).
That's why I added chaos and madness to it because then there is people killing people, you killing people, you killing yourself, and people killing themselves.

Basically cause the biggest panic ever.

Ever.

edit: hop until you get to be one of the people in control of nuclear weapons, nuke near Korea, start war with Korea. WW3. Make sure you can keep it going as long as possible. I win this thread in terms of nihilism.

edit2: oops top said that already, except with less racism. Damn subconscious reading powers.

edit3 because I don't want to post again: Technically something that is infinite will always be greater than anything that is finite. Therefore, no matter how high the birth rate exceeds your killing rate, you will always win because your killrate is over infinite time, whereas the birthrate is over a finite amount of time. Because face it, we're stupid enough to accidentally kill ourselves off anyway.

But then again, it's not infinite if our jumping capabilities are what we are trying to kill, but that still means you will succeed in the end.

Last edited by Pseudo Enigma; 08-23-2012 at 11:40 PM..
Old 08-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #60
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

wake up in gokus body

spirit bomb the life force out of everyone