Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2009, 02:23 PM   #1561
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR's Top One Handers

That is a good point. I think I will switch to spread. This one-handing community is dieing anyway. There really are not more than 10 one-handers worth mentioning. The list is considered inaccurate by most and after seeing so many GOOD one-handers switch; I might as well start too. I learned that not all hands are created equal. Because of this, some one-handers will be better than others no matter what due to genetics. Some people's hand tenons may be more flexible and faster than others. This has also led me to believe that my limit is here or I am very close to it. I doubt I will one hand anymore because if I own playing spread and if I see that as fun; what is the point of one-handing? Take me off the list; spread ftw.

Card Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #1562
Redorigami
Call me Massive Swallow
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Redorigami Send a message via MSN to Redorigami Send a message via Yahoo to Redorigami

Ya spreads fun for technical files like behan's OSTER ****
But one handing is more fun with files with a steady beat or fun random rolls
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadNv View Post
Got dibs on La Camp.
Oh right, Im not any good.
Got dibs on Pita.
Redorigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #1563
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

yeah red thats exactly what i mean, i you learn spread, then you can pretty much play any song, whether its fun for one handing or fun for 2, see you in the spread world cardman
Old 02-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #1564
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll

Lol you guys are convincing yourselves to play spread
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Bluearrowll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:21 PM   #1565
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

PS: why isnt there a "FFR's Top Indexers' Thread lol?
Old 02-13-2009, 10:55 AM   #1566
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to 8 Hour Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynary Fission View Post
It's a shame that every one hander who switches to spread gives up one hand permanently instead of mastering both.
Does like nobody pay attention to me then?
I play both Spread and One hand. I'm off the list because I have scores that are Spread that surpass my One handed scores..
Ex: 32-0-0-1 on Southern Cross
Was Spread

Also, I encourage every one hander to stay a one hander. I just reached my limits. Yet I can still rape with it because I consistantly play one handed VS people in MP..
My combo is of lack with Spread.

Best AAA: Banned Forever
BlackFlags: 49
8 Hour Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:56 PM   #1567
Redorigami
Call me Massive Swallow
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Redorigami Send a message via MSN to Redorigami Send a message via Yahoo to Redorigami

Because indexers in FFR are fags oops
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadNv View Post
Got dibs on La Camp.
Oh right, Im not any good.
Got dibs on Pita.
Redorigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:59 PM   #1568
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redorigami View Post
Because indexers in FFR are fags oops
ROFLCAKES

Old 02-13-2009, 02:54 PM   #1569
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to vantilburg Send a message via MSN to vantilburg

:<
How many people still play one handed?

EDIT: Lost patience with TGWP Part 4, so I'm beginning with new AAAs again.
My 150th is my first public 8 foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaguchiTheCat View Post
You are an ultimate humafag. Calling you an ultimate humafag is an understatement. You are a complete loonatic huma****! You should be shot with a bazooka for thinking this.
You've been hanging around the wrong furries, then. Most furries are nice people. ALL humafags are huge jerks. Environmentalists are good people who care about this planet, unlike you, Squeek.

Last edited by vantilburg; 02-13-2009 at 03:13 PM..
vantilburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #1570
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Eh, probably worded it wrong - but I have yet to see a spread player stick with both styles. I'm not saying you won't, but I have my doubts. Also, I'm beginning to sound like a real snob about one hand - shutting up about spread/one hand argument now.

@vantilburg: I intend on playing one handed for some time. Nice job with the AAA, but I figure you were a lot better than that - I mean c'mon, that's your FIRST 8-foot AAA?

Also

First try, etc.

~Bynary Fission

EDIT: ****ing finally

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen

Last edited by Bynary Fission; 02-13-2009 at 09:45 PM..
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:35 PM   #1571
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

Hahaa that's my first public 8-foot AAA.. and yeah I was holding off on AAAing a bunch of songs until TGWP Part 4 but I got impatient with that =P I was mainly going to work on 6 foot songs and below, but I ended up getting 3 8-foot AAAs earlier today.

EDIT: Got a fourth, Brightone.. And I tried for more and only ended up with more blackflags. Trying longer will just be frustrating so I'm taking a break until tomorrow (or later today since it's 1:18 am -.-)

Quote:
You are an ultimate humafag. Calling you an ultimate humafag is an understatement. You are a complete loonatic huma****! You should be shot with a bazooka for thinking this.
You've been hanging around the wrong furries, then. Most furries are nice people. ALL humafags are huge jerks. Environmentalists are good people who care about this planet, unlike you, Squeek.

Last edited by vantilburg; 02-14-2009 at 12:18 AM..
Old 02-13-2009, 10:42 PM   #1572
TK_goelo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

i was a pure one hander too, till two days ago... xD
i made it to the 9th place in the list (just never updated my place in it)
and i feel i cant get any better :/
i switched to spread and im practicing with that style

TK_goelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:13 AM   #1573
Redsky139
The cat's away; Go Play
FFR Veteran

LoL - I take a break and everyone switches to spread. Wild. I'll still chase you from afar, Bynary. It will be just you and me on the active list, with me about 3 years behind your skill level.

You should create a hall of fame list, which freezes peoples' top av rankings, tier level if applicable, and highest level AAA at the time they retired/switched to one-hand, with a little blurb about them. This information is lost on players that have been gone for a long time, but I'm sure that some information about their playing skill is still available. Whether to include people or not could be based subjectively, so Yessss could even be included. Afterwards, individuals could be added by committee.

Honestly, with everyone switching, I'm surprised that Bynary hasn't. He's the one for whom it makes the most sense. With Oni out of the way, he could probably pressure free join the ranks of some of the best who've played this game. Regarding your bad habits: 1) you need to practice using just your middle finger for up-down jumps on easy songs first. On songs that are at your difficulty level, your brain is scrambling and doesn't have any chance to process new information. It means you will likely just go back to songs you've AAAed already and re-play them. I'm talking level 4-6 songs. EASY (for you), then work your way back up. I'm glad I've always used one finger for these. About your arm - muscle relaxers? LoL - just kidding. Performance enhancing drugs for FFR would be ridiculous. When you go back to fixing your up-down glitch, try to focus on relaxing your arm for basic techniques. I might try this - drink a whole glass of water 30 minutes before you play an FGO, massage your arm for 1 minute before, and the while you play it, try breathing a little faster than normal. I suspect that, in addition to nerves causing over-tensing, you're getting some crazy amounts of waste build-up at a local level due to heavy usage.

And lastly, I think that some FFRers have developed repetitive motion injuries, though not necessarily CTS. Mr Rubix, I believe though I may be mistaken, has talked about how his hand won't do the same things it used to, that his fingers don't snap like they once did, and even that his hand now hurts. I suspect some nerves have been damaged. I would recommend being careful about it. Seriously, you will need those hands later in life.

One-hander that does alright sometimes.

Are you one of the best one-handers on FFR? Show it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card Man
I think this will give both of us pleasure because it will take long. (I think)
Redsky139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #1574
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

I'm still sticking with one handed - although I'd better get a major burst of speed sometime soon as I still haven't FC'd {Rose}. D=< I think one miss has been my closest.
Haven't warmed up yet so I don't know how I'll do but if I generally suck it up I'll work on getting tier points/tokens rather than new scores.

Quote:
Old 02-17-2009, 10:47 AM   #1575
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to 8 Hour Whore

Alright, I'm sorry I have to say something.. Why is everyone switching?
You know what..
Screw this I'm switching back to one hand. just to prove you can go further then what you think you can. Come on guys don't give up so early.
It took me 3yrs to get as good as I was okay.
I didn't get good out of nowhere..
Just play songs that you can kinda combo and keep on until you combo the whole thing
then move onto something harder
Trust me..

Best AAA: Banned Forever
BlackFlags: 49
8 Hour Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:59 PM   #1576
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yeah, after a week of spread. (a week or less) rofl I am so sick of this. It is almost like learning one hand with both hands because my right hand is perfect and my left hand is garbage. My brain cannot process this as easy playing spread. Sure I got some slightly better scores on some difficult and Very Difficult songs but that is mainly because of the up down trills that I struggle with one-hand. I have decided that because of me being stubborn; learning spread is a lost cause. I should just stop expecting or wanting myself to get as good as EAGames or Redorigami or Bluearrowll and just play the game the way I enjoy it; the way I first started; ONE-HAND. I once made a promise to stay a one-hander forever and I have decided to keep it. I might be the first to say this but Spread just isn't for me. I am happy now.
I was made for one-handing. Just got this!

Last edited by Card Man; 02-17-2009 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: spelling/picture
Old 02-17-2009, 04:34 PM   #1577
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore View Post
Alright, I'm sorry I have to say something.. Why is everyone switching?
You know what..
Screw this I'm switching back to one hand. just to prove you can go further then what you think you can. Come on guys don't give up so early.
It took me 3yrs to get as good as I was okay.
I didn't get good out of nowhere..
Just play songs that you can kinda combo and keep on until you combo the whole thing
then move onto something harder
Trust me..

it took you 3 years of playing 1 handed to get where you are, i guarantee itll get take me a max of 3 months to get as good as you are with me playing spread. im not saying i cant get any better one handed, im saying im tired of limiting myself. i still play one handed, but now i play spread as well. and i have gotten some pretty good scores since ive started playing spread.

card man, i guess its your choice, but man, dont give up, just cause things are hard. after a week of one handing you probs could only FC lvl 5-6 songs max, after a week of spread im FCing lvl 10 songs. its your choice man, but if you dont give up, i guarantee you will get a lot better.

PS: ive noticed that whenever i try to play one handed now, my right hand wears out too fast. so im spread

EDIT: at least i still have goelo as a spread rival.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:38 PM   #1578
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Thanks for your kind words Bolth mannn. The fact is; I just don't care about getting that good. I want to get good but at the same time I want to have fun doing it. Spread is just not fun to me. I feel like I am typing when I play spread. One-hand is like a world with endless things in it waiting for me. I feel like the songs have more meaning and more intensity when I play one hand making it more fun for me. I lost this feeling when I went spread; I thought the feeling would come back but it didn't. If staying one-handed means that I will never get another AAA; then so be it. I suppose I proved that statement wrong though because I just AAA'ed Indigo. It is too fun for me to give up or to make a secondary style.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:43 PM   #1579
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card Man View Post
Thanks for your kind words Bolth mannn. The fact is; I just don't care about getting that good. I want to get good but at the same time I want to have fun doing it. Spread is just not fun to me. I feel like I am typing when I play spread. One-hand is like a world with endless things in it waiting for me. I feel like the songs have more meaning and more intensity when I play one hand making it more fun for me. I lost this feeling when I went spread; I thought the feeling would come back but it didn't. If staying one-handed means that I will never get another AAA; then so be it. I suppose I proved that statement wrong though because I just AAA'ed Indigo. It is too fun for me to give up or to make a secondary style.

yeah i understand. i guess im more into being as good as i can be and even though i enjoy one handingness, i dont want to wreck my hands either, and i can tell you you hurt your hands a lot faster playing one handed than spread. but anyway, this isnt about this. good luck with one handing i predict in 5 months you'll see me AAAing my first FMO and im hoping you'll be AAAing FMO's by then too, we will see

good luck

PS i found a new one hander, his name starts with VIP or something, ill go see if i can find him and post his profile link here. he is VERY good. id say he'd be a good competitor of card man/8 hour.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #1580
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Well after all this; I would suggest a major update to the top one handers list. Find out who is active and who isn't. Do what you should accordingly. I am not sure how I can contribute to updating the list so instead I will go calculate my One-Hander Tier Points to see where I am at now.