Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2004, 09:10 AM   #1
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x
Default Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

I got this game like 2 weeks ago.. and its one of the best games ever created.. it took me 8 1/2 hours to beat it the first time.. i let two of my friends borrow it and got it back 5 days ago and beat it again two days ago in 4 1/2 hours... i am working on getting this time down to 3 1/2 hours.. but that would be like the perfect game.. although i can beat it less than 5 hours.. the game is VERY interesting and the fighting system makes every battle interesting... the puzzles are very challenging for a first timer and makes up the majority of the play time.... I recommend this game to everyone with a system that its out for..

RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
87x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 09:20 AM   #2
heyhey11
FFR Player

DUDE seriously this game may top GTA but its hard to judge they are 2 different genres of video games
heyhey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 11:22 AM   #3
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

yep.. GTA has a guy running over old ladies repeatedly because the missions stopped getting fun after 10 minutes of playing.. and POP has a very acrobatic fighter who can run along walls,up walls,swing off poles and flag things, pillars, a great plot, and awesome graphics.. but your right.. it would be hard to see which one was better..

Old 01-13-2004, 12:18 PM   #4
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

I have that game, posted a thread about it a few weeks ago...this game is seriously awesome, I totally agree with you, 87x. The controls are tight and responsive, the combat is deep and challenging, and the platforming (read:extreme) is fun and natural, but still requires you to think about the best way to go about completing the task. The grafix are nice and the special features feel less like a gimmick and more like the deep gameplay element that it is.

My few gripes are that some of the puzzles are annoying (like the one with the big cylanders, and the one at the end with the infinite rooms) and the camera is bitchy sometimes...other than that, if you've got some money laying around BUY THIS GAME. A very, very good game overall.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 02:18 PM   #5
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrombie0909
I have that game, posted a thread about it a few weeks ago...this game is seriously awesome, I totally agree with you, 87x. The controls are tight and responsive, the combat is deep and challenging, and the platforming (read:extreme) is fun and natural, but still requires you to think about the best way to go about completing the task. The grafix are nice and the special features feel less like a gimmick and more like the deep gameplay element that it is.

My few gripes are that some of the puzzles are annoying (like the one with the big cylanders, and the one at the end with the infinite rooms) and the camera is bitchy sometimes...other than that, if you've got some money laying around BUY THIS GAME. A very, very good game overall.

I have to agree. I may have only played the demo but it really is good. If they were to have a hall of fame for games then this game would defintaly go in to it.
vashthestampede0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 02:55 PM   #6
IAMTHEEVILBEAN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to IAMTHEEVILBEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey11
DUDE seriously this game may top GTA but its hard to judge they are 2 different genres of video games
Poking a piece of carboard with a stick beats GTA
IAMTHEEVILBEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 03:02 PM   #7
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

POP and GTA are both 1-players that I will get bored with after I beat them, so that's why I didn't buy either of them. Yes, of course I've played GTA, but I didn't buy it. I really only like having games with high replayablity, since that basically makes the game.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 03:12 PM   #8
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Yeah, I got POP. Great game, but no replay value, as Arch said. If you want a (non-RPG) 1P game with actual replay value, try Viewtiful Joe. It took me about a month to get everything in it.

But yeah, a lot of games nowadays don't really have much replay value, either because they're not good enough to play again, or because they're too straight-forward. I dunno, it just seems that I always end up playing my old SNES games, not my old GCN/PS2 games when I get bored...

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 03:13 PM   #9
chillywilly
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to chillywilly Send a message via MSN to chillywilly

excellent game. very challenging. you should buy it Arch0wl. i think its better than GTA. it is different every battle
chillywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 03:16 PM   #10
hydrojakep
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to hydrojakep Send a message via AIM to hydrojakep Send a message via MSN to hydrojakep Send a message via Yahoo to hydrojakep

what type of game is it? like an rpg or an action game?

hydrojakep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 03:24 PM   #11
IAMTHEEVILBEAN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to IAMTHEEVILBEAN

Slow down time

Get viewtiful Joe for a better time slower downer..
IAMTHEEVILBEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 03:26 PM   #12
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

well POP has a great deal of replay value to me because im trying to get my play time under 3 1/2 hours.. which is less than an hour per 25% game completion...

Quote:
nd the one at the end with the infinite rooms
lol.. i guess you didnt notice that the game makes a little slightly silent water trickling noise when you are about to come up on the door you have to go into.. that really makes that puzzle easier..

the camera only gave me problems when i was jumping from pillar to pillar.. but then i figured out that if you just point the princes back in the direction you want to jump all you have to do is hit "A" and he will jump that direction.. i kept trying to push the direct i wanted him to just and pressing "A" at the same time and he would jump off the edge.. but doing it the other way is ALOT easier and is accurate everytime.

Old 01-13-2004, 05:49 PM   #13
Master_of_PARANOiA
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMTHEEVILBEAN
Poking a piece of carboard with a stick beats GTA
lol... once u beat the game there really isnt much to do, just do what u had to do all game: KILL, KILL, and RUN THINGS OVER/SHOOT THINGS (which technically means... KILL)
poking a piece of carboard with a stick is fun as hell, try it sometime

theres my 3.1415926535897932384626433832795 cents

ive never played POP or viewtiful joe, i heard theyre good but if it doesnt have violence (as in GUN violence) or arrows it doesnt appeal to me. im a very close-minded person. then again i hated ddr/anyone who played ddr/anything related to ddr until i tried it...
Master_of_PARANOiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 05:52 PM   #14
VxDx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to VxDx

GTA pwns you.
VxDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 07:23 PM   #15
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

POP and Ico are by far some of the best games I have ever played. Both are very similar. Buy Ico...now...do it.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 07:47 PM   #16
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Ico is extremely incredibly awesome. Get it, like teh Jewpster said.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 08:04 AM   #17
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

i dont know.. Ico looks stupid.. im not particularly keen to dragging some girl who looks autistic.. that really doesnt appeal to me.. someone (jewpin) write a summary of the game.. so i can understand it better..

Old 06-27-2004, 10:26 PM   #18
Periodico
FFR Player

Default Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87x
I got this game like 2 weeks ago.. and its one of the best games ever created.. it took me 8 1/2 hours to beat it the first time.. i let two of my friends borrow it and got it back 5 days ago and beat it again two days ago in 4 1/2 hours... i am working on getting this time down to 3 1/2 hours.. but that would be like the perfect game.. although i can beat it less than 5 hours.. the game is VERY interesting and the fighting system makes every battle interesting... the puzzles are very challenging for a first timer and makes up the majority of the play time.... I recommend this game to everyone with a system that its out for..
That's interesting. My first time took me just under 6, and every time since it's been 3.5. I have gotten all sand clouds (10 sand tanks) and all magic fountains (life bar all the way across the top of the screen). Fun stuff. Sequel is coming!!!

PS: Will someone please challenge me? This game has no meaning without challenges (other than practice).
Periodico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 10:34 PM   #19
Periodico
FFR Player

Yeah, I noticed this thread was out of date. I don't check forums often...
Old 06-27-2004, 11:26 PM   #20
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

Why did you just bump an old topic? If its out of date, dont revive it.

-Soon To Be Locked-
Snapps is offline   Reply With Quote