Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #121
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.
Default Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulferDragon View Post

You're right, but why are you encouraging people not to make the files exclusive when I'm trying to encourage people to make the files exclusive.
Meh, didn't really intend it to be interpreted that way. I just wanted to ensure that some good released files weren't excluded.
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens

Last edited by N.T.M.; 05-12-2009 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: typo
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:10 PM   #122
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

restepping my old doomsday file for this~
Old 05-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #123
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Just got several more files that I'll review later today.
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens
Old 05-12-2009, 10:16 PM   #124
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I sent in an updated version of We Are Not Anonymous. I tried on the PR for the intro guitar, so if it's not acceptable, then please go over it with me so we can make it right.

I'm not sure if I want to edit Gimme A D. There's really not much to do about the repetitiveness...we'll see what the other judges say...if they say anything at all.
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #125
syzergy
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I can be a GFX artist if you need my help. I made my own profile look so use that as an example of my work.(will send other work if needed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundb0x View Post
absolutely nothing wrong with this

i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
syzergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:53 PM   #126
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by foilman8805 View Post
I sent in an updated version of We Are Not Anonymous. I tried on the PR for the intro guitar, so if it's not acceptable, then please go over it with me so we can make it right.

I'm not sure if I want to edit Gimme A D. There's really not much to do about the repetitiveness...we'll see what the other judges say...if they say anything at all.
Awesome!! I'll go check it out right now. I was gonna ask you about the status of that file actually. With those corrections it's really a fun file.

lmao I still haven't started my paper. 5 pages with 12 font. Due in a day.

I just have no motivation for life. No thought for school.... only adhering to lackadaisical tendencies in my sorry ****hole I call my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzergy View Post
I can be a GFX artist if you need my help. I made my own profile look so use that as an example of my work.(will send other work if needed)
Any examples of simfile artwork?

Christopher Hitchens
Old 05-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #127
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Quote:

dont ask me for help then
Old 05-13-2009, 12:43 AM   #128
N.T.M.
FFR Player

A couple fast reviews for now until I have more time:

(foilman) We Are Not Anonymous: Much better jump trill placement in the intro although the file still lacks strong PR. Also regarding that 16th guitar stream in the intro: I see the consistency there, but the trill initiating the pattern feels awkward. Maybe something like 4321 would be more suitable. Just tell Sulfer what you‘d like it to be if you wanna change it and he can rectify it himself since it‘s so minor. M40 also feels awkward. IMO you shoulda stepped more prominent sounds there, but it‘s not too bad. Nothing at all significant enough to reject the file I think.

(Bluearrowll) Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle: I’ll go into this in detail later as a courtesy, but all I can say for now is that there were several significant issues. I’ll check again later. Maybe it’s salvageable.

I’m leaving now, but I’ll send my revised ETID file when I get back.

Christopher Hitchens
Old 05-13-2009, 01:05 AM   #129
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.T.M. View Post
Also regarding that 16th guitar stream in the intro: I see the consistency there, but the trill initiating the pattern feels awkward. Maybe something like 4321 would be more suitable.
Okay, I'd like to not get conflicting PR advice here, because I had it 4321 to start with and you said it wasn't PR enough. Wtf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.T.M. View Post
Just tell Sulfer what you‘d like it to be if you wanna change it and he can rectify it himself since it‘s so minor. M40 also feels awkward. IMO you shoulda stepped more prominent sounds there, but it‘s not too bad. Nothing at all significant enough to reject the file I think.
I'll look at M40. I don't remember what's there off the top of my head.

And I'm perfectly okay with changing the file myself. Sulfer is busy enough.

Last edited by foilman8805; 05-13-2009 at 01:09 AM..
Old 05-13-2009, 01:24 AM   #130
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon

Quote:
What N.T.M. said.

Oh, and I forgot to post these yesterday. Meaning anything sent today isn't here.

Antimatter - Needs work - I love how some sounds are completely ignored and other steps go to absolutely nothing. My, what a creative way to step! Also, the 1/4 jumps get a little old.

Blank File - Accepted with some tweaks - Measures 119-122 need to be completely different. 154-162 does too. I don't like the 16th streams in the courses either, but I can't think of a better way to step them.

Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle - Rejected - This isn't terrible, though it is completely understepped. I'm just rejecting it for the song choice.

Eradication v2 - Accepted with some tweaks - This doesn't seem any different...

Once in a Lifetime - Accepted with some tweaks - One of the more entertaining DF sims I've played. The cut is terrible though. Make it better. (I am glad it's cut though!!!) NOTE: I'm not accepting any DF sims after this unless they are amazing and flawless.

Spellbound - Rejected - Simply put: uninventive, bland, boring, etc.

When Legends Come to Life v2 - Needs work - Didn't seem much better other than the 12ths.

World's End - Accepted - Wow, I can't believe how well-stepped this is. I feel like I need to accept it. However, I would like to see those 16th jacks in the verses go. I really wish you would stop wasting your stepping abilities on crappy songs. You have a lot of skill.

P.S. Too much power metal.

SulferDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:16 AM   #131
who_cares973
FFR Player

WANA isnt even WANA anymore ;_;
Old 05-13-2009, 03:47 AM   #132
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Quote:
Okay, I'd like to not get conflicting PR advice here, because I had it 4321 to start with and you said it wasn't PR enough. Wtf.
I see your frustration however realize that this particular criticism does in fact coincide with my initial response. 4321 may have originally initiated the stream, however I addressed pitch inconsistency (not PR). Understand that pitch consistency is a byproduct of pitch relevance, but pitch consistency doesn't require pr to be present. I addressed pitch consistency. The patterns themselves were fine. I just wanted them to exhibit consistency when the measures repeated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
wut?

Quote:
NOTE: I'm not accepting any DF sims after this unless they are amazing and flawless.
I have a DF WIP that should fit that description. Perfect cut too. My last DF (temporarily abandoned for a while there).

Christopher Hitchens

Last edited by N.T.M.; 05-13-2009 at 03:51 AM..
Old 05-13-2009, 09:50 AM   #133
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Quote:
Together, you and I can make it whole again.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:04 PM   #134
Joe D
FFR Player

Quote:
What N.T.M. said.

Oh, and I forgot to post these yesterday. Meaning anything sent today isn't here.

Antimatter - Needs work - I love how some sounds are completely ignored and other steps go to absolutely nothing. My, what a creative way to step! Also, the 1/4 jumps get a little old.

Blank File - Accepted with some tweaks - Measures 119-122 need to be completely different. 154-162 does too. I don't like the 16th streams in the courses either, but I can't think of a better way to step them.

Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle - Rejected - This isn't terrible, though it is completely understepped. I'm just rejecting it for the song choice.

Eradication v2 - Accepted with some tweaks - This doesn't seem any different...

Once in a Lifetime - Accepted with some tweaks - One of the more entertaining DF sims I've played. The cut is terrible though. Make it better. (I am glad it's cut though!!!) NOTE: I'm not accepting any DF sims after this unless they are amazing and flawless.

Spellbound - Rejected - Simply put: uninventive, bland, boring, etc.

When Legends Come to Life v2 - Needs work - Didn't seem much better other than the 12ths.

World's End - Accepted - Wow, I can't believe how well-stepped this is. I feel like I need to accept it. However, I would like to see those 16th jacks in the verses go. I really wish you would stop wasting your stepping abilities on crappy songs. You have a lot of skill.

P.S. Too much power metal.
Lol thnx.I have been recently stepped alot of stupid songs.My next one is just like the others but I just had to step it for the pack.Its Power Quest .The Antimatter thing,Blame Omegaspike,not me.Ill fix the once in a Lifetime cut though.That part where it goes offsync really pissed me off.Still thanks.Ill step something super cool......one day.Any suggestions for a song.Oh thise accepted with tweaks.They are accepted....right?
Joe D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:16 PM   #135
syzergy
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I did 1 simfile artwork but it wasn't great. If your only looking for GFX artist who do simfile artwork then nvm i don't really do those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundb0x View Post
absolutely nothing wrong with this

i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
syzergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #136
who_cares973
FFR Player

why would someone whos working on a pack ask for graphics not intended to be for the files IN THE PACK THREAD
Old 05-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #137
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Quote:
I did 1 simfile artwork but it wasn't great. If your only looking for GFX artist who do simfile artwork then nvm i don't really do those.
Why would we ask for artists who don't create simfile graphics in pack when that's its only application?

Quote:
why would someone whos working on a pack ask for graphics not intended to be for the files IN THE PACK THREAD
lol

Christopher Hitchens
Old 05-14-2009, 07:31 AM   #138
prefx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to prefx Send a message via MSN to prefx

rhjbsdgkjldiguahdg I want this pack D=

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
Like, grind2 feels like what would happen if Dead and Direct had sex with Frictional Nevada and had a sick, warped lovechild on crack, and then that child took an epic dump on your lawn. That dump = grind2
Second Place in D4 of Popsicle_3000's Christmas Spectacular GG Megamon
prefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #139
xinpig
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to xinpig Send a message via Skype™ to xinpig

I said I would help judge if you needed people. I am out of school and work and I have nothing else to do other than sit and get my SM skill back up.

PSEUDO SKILL TOKENS! FC'd Blooddrunk with AVMISSING!
xinpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:07 PM   #140
Joe D
FFR Player

What,Is the song choice better or worse at this pack
Joe D is offline   Reply With Quote