Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-2-2009, 08:27 AM   #61
sp1nzoK
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to sp1nzoK
Default Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

Actually I'd rather send good songs for pro steppers to step, me and my nephew won't be able to make even these two into pro files.

Ghost Prototype is turning into boring start MA of 2 minutes with big difficulty step up into solo, so don't think we'll finish since it's going so lackluster.

Salvation: Suicide is kind of fun but too overkill with jack section and solo, kind of copy paste jumpstreams at the mo also so I'm thinking scrap that.

If you have stepping skills add me on MSN, I got some ideas for you if you want to step good metal.
sp1nzoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2009, 10:48 AM   #62
Joe D
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulferDragon View Post
Go ahead and submit files made by other people (but only if you think the file is worth our time). As long as it's made clear that it is their file and not yours. Nobody ever complained about me taking their files and throwing them into the first pack.

Okay.

Cool.I have alot of Decent files from other people.You should put Omegaspikes Eve of Seduction.
-
BTW Foilman,Ill do a This Calling.Itll be Index friendly cuz all my Spread Charts always End up wrong.
-
Im Working on a Disciples of Babylon but Its been over a month scince I work on it.If I see it turns out allright,Ill submit it to this
-
Edit:Who else is gonna step something Index friendly file.What we should really do is to try to beat the first AMC.Make it more fun.If it has too many spread charts,its not gonna be any better.Ull just make Indexers miserable.That happened to me when I was Index

Last edited by Joe D; 05-2-2009 at 11:50 AM..
Joe D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2009, 11:50 AM   #63
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Okay, sounds good. Have fun, Joe.

EDIT: Joe, both of the files I submitted are index friendly. One more so than the other.

Last edited by foilman8805; 05-2-2009 at 12:07 PM..
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2009, 12:35 PM   #64
Joe D
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by foilman8805 View Post
Okay, sounds good. Have fun, Joe.

EDIT: Joe, both of the files I submitted are index friendly. One more so than the other.
ALl I hope is that this pack will be better.Which makes me submit Files from the Old stepartists
Old 05-2-2009, 03:51 PM   #65
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp1nzoK View Post
Actually I'd rather send good songs for pro steppers to step, me and my nephew won't be able to make even these two into pro files.

Ghost Prototype is turning into boring start MA of 2 minutes with big difficulty step up into solo, so don't think we'll finish since it's going so lackluster.

Salvation: Suicide is kind of fun but too overkill with jack section and solo, kind of copy paste jumpstreams at the mo also so I'm thinking scrap that.

If you have stepping skills add me on MSN, I got some ideas for you if you want to step good metal.
hay hit me up on msn too
kommisar[os] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2009, 03:56 PM   #66
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

Dethklok count?
If so I have about 7 files stepped by them but not fully completed because I got bored half way through... like 80% of my other files I have out there

EDIT: ME ON MSN TOO! YAYAYA
Old 05-2-2009, 04:00 PM   #67
Joe D
FFR Player

Add me on MSN finnish guy.FINLAND #1
Old 05-2-2009, 04:06 PM   #68
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumaestro View Post
somebody send me something good i can step quickly for this. all i have is a ****ty nightwish file and an abandoned dream theater wip because i have no time to step anything anymore.
I'll just send ya the **** I've sent to everyone else. Removing the stuff I know other people are already stepping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
so hands are okay?

just double checking.
What Patashu said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Cool.I have alot of Decent files from other people.You should put Omegaspikes Eve of Seduction.
His is a mess, IMO. I actually like RaikouRider's more.

I also played the files submitted thus far. I was bored so I actually went into detail about them. I'll post it later, I suppose.

SulferDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2009, 04:13 PM   #69
Joe D
FFR Player

His was overstepped but I found it kinda funner than Raioku Riders.Id like to help judging Index files and making grafix
Old 05-2-2009, 09:10 PM   #70
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.

Judging from me is postponed until I can access the files. I'm having problems with that atm.

And I'm not an Omegaspike fan. Only tried a few of his files and didn't care for any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
so hands are okay?

just double checking.
Hands are great if you know how to use them. Simply put you use them for either layering or a contrast effect (or both).
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens

Last edited by N.T.M.; 05-2-2009 at 09:12 PM..
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2009, 02:33 AM   #71
N.T.M.
FFR Player

(foilman) We Are Not Anonymous: Really fun file, man!! I liked the song choice too. A few things though: The 16th guitar streams in the intro seemed a little too arbitrary. Understanding that they repeat several times, some more variety deviating from technical accuracy could obviously be permitted, however I think patterns were changed prematurely. I could go into more detail if you’d like, but as I recall there’s a repeating pattern that initiates a different following guitar segment. This whole section changes over several measures until it repeats entirely. You seemed to change things every measure kinda neglecting pitch consistency. That’s not a really big deal though. Drum hits below measure 16 surprised me though considering the accuracy of other drum sections. Those aren’t all 24ths. It autta look something like this:

Same (or similar) when it repeats obviously.

You should fix those things (the first can be overlooked if you prefer).

Eradication: Song choice is very poor here so it’d really take an incredible file (and a good cut) to get accepted. The pause above measure 25 seemed outta place and caused you to miss a following note. And those 24th drum hits above measure 41 should be 32nds. Some pitch errors too. Didn’t have to look further.

(N.T.M.) Every Time I die: My file obviously. I’d like to see what the other judges have to say though. Read me inside explaining measure 27.

(Scylaax + N.T.M.) Malicious Fingers: Fun file from the Xoon Minipack. Intro caused some layering troubles though.

Couldn’t review any more cuz I have work early tomorrow and gotta get to sleep. I should be able to do some more tomorrow though.

Also if there are any small changes that should be made I can always do them myself if the author doesn’t mind.
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens
Old 05-4-2009, 02:47 AM   #72
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

im being so lazy right now =/

will submit something though
Old 05-4-2009, 08:59 AM   #73
moches
FFR Player

I finished my file. Whoa. Stepping the first solo took me an hour (and it was only 8 measures, to add insult to injury), so I just chickened out near the end and cut off the ending. Oh well. It's basically the same thing over + some guitar solos again.

Will send soon.
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2009, 09:34 AM   #74
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.T.M. View Post
(foilman) We Are Not Anonymous: Really fun file, man!! I liked the song choice too. A few things though: The 16th guitar streams in the intro seemed a little too arbitrary. Understanding that they repeat several times, some more variety deviating from technical accuracy could obviously be permitted, however I think patterns were changed prematurely. I could go into more detail if you’d like, but as I recall there’s a repeating pattern that initiates a different following guitar segment. This whole section changes over several measures until it repeats entirely. You seemed to change things every measure kinda neglecting pitch consistency. That’s not a really big deal though. Drum hits below measure 16 surprised me though considering the accuracy of other drum sections. Those aren’t all 24ths. It autta look something like this:

Same (or similar) when it repeats obviously.

You should fix those things (the first can be overlooked if you prefer).
Hey, the criticism is greatly appreciated and I'll look into everything you've mentioned in a couple hours when I have a bit more time. I'm glad you thought the file was fun because that has always been my goal in creating charts. I want people to enjoy the music and the file they're playing.

The guitar stream in the beginning is arbitrary. I'll admit it. My ear for pitch relevancy is very bad. I understand the concept, but my ears just suck at identifying it, so I'll take any suggestions from you on patterns, in fact, you can either add another post in this thread, or you can just PM me so we can have a private discussion (preferred).

Once again, thanks for the feedback.

EDIT: Looking at the screen cap, I see what you're talking about. I just missed that drum roll. I'll fix that up. I'd still like to hear from you about the beginning guitar rhythm though.

EDIT2: Also caught one at M3# forgot the exact measure.

Last edited by foilman8805; 05-4-2009 at 04:52 PM..
Old 05-4-2009, 04:48 PM   #75
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]

ait tomorrow is my day off so i'll judge some shiz. also pickin a song to do with spin
kommisar[os] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2009, 10:43 PM   #76
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon

Oops, sorry! I was so busy cleaning yesterday I hardly touched my computer. Relatives are coming. Gotta make the house look decent.

Anyway, my reviews.

Blazing Hate - Accepted with some tweaks - Interesting, varied, and fun patterns. Actually really well stepped considering the song. Also a bit understepped in my opinion. I'm not saying you need to add jumps, but there are definitely some more sounds you could follow at times.

Eradication - Accepted with some tweaks - This was actually quite fun. In measures 131-138 I'm not sure if it's a good idea to switch from stepping the 12ths to stepping the 16ths and then back again so quickly. Kind of an awkward transition. On Heavy it's okay, I guess, but I personally think that you should layer the 12ths and 16ths together in the Challenge chart. I'll see what the other judges say. Also, did you mean to put that one hand near the beginning of Heavy. I'd like it removed.

Every Time I Die - Accepted with some tweaks - Okay, this file is actually fantastic. I'm only not accepting it for one tiny flaw. Measure 35. There are a few steps which are completely offbeat. Fix them and resubmit.

Gimme A D - Accepted with some tweaks - I found the patterns in the first minute or so to be very stale. Nothing was offbeat or anything. The BPM from measure 15-23 should be doubled. Overall, pretty good though.

Malicious Fingers - Accepted... - Fun file, really. In the email you said this is from the Xoon pack? Can I really consider that an "obscure" pack? Well, I never had it, but I don't know how many other people did/do.

Master Exploder - Accepted - Nothing technical, but it's fun. Are those hands at the end necessary?

Roar - Accepted - I didn't like the cut, but that's about it.

To the End of the World - Needs work - Great patterns. Again, like your other file, very well stepped considering the song. My main complaint this time is the freezes throughout the file seemed inconsistent. I also didn't like many of the transitions from the 16th streams to different patterns.

We Are Not Anonymous - Accepted with some tweaks - Add a jump at measure 60, 81. I wouldn't mind to see some more PR in measure 5-12 and when it repeats later, but it isn't completely necessary. This is pretty good otherwise. It's not a 9 though. =/

When Legends Come to Life - Needs work - At measures 54-56, those are 12ths, again at 98-100 and 168-170. Too many missed sounds. Jumps seemed out of place or missing at times. Many jacks are unnecessary (but not all). The song is cool though.

That batch of 16 files someone sent - See previous post on page 1.

btw, I'm probably going to be the least critical of the judges.

SulferDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2009, 01:41 AM   #77
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

I'm working on tweaking WANA with N.T.M., specifically the PR in those measures you mentioned, Sulfer. I'll also look at those jumps in M60 and M81. And what...is it an 8? I thought it was a 9, tbh.

I'll see what I can do about Gimme A D. I'll admit that the song choice wasn't A+ in this case, and it's hard to come up with different patterns when the music does the same **** over and over again. I'll see what N.T.M. says when he judges it and then I'll dive into editing it.
Old 05-5-2009, 02:15 AM   #78
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Quote:

Every Time I Die - Accepted with some tweaks - Okay, this file is actually fantastic. I'm only not accepting it for one tiny flaw. Measure 35. There are a few steps which are completely offbeat. Fix them and resubmit.
roflmao!! IDK how I missed that! Over a full 32nd off!! It's not really loud though and it's just that single note (I musta went right past it in DDReam). However you referenced "errors" as in the plural form implying there were several. You must be confusing other background sounds which didn't coincide with the drum hits. As layered as that section was, only about half the sounds that were present were actually stepped.

*edit* same url as in the original e-mail

Christopher Hitchens
Old 05-5-2009, 04:08 AM   #79
moches
FFR Player

Quote:
Roar - Accepted - I didn't like the cut, but that's about it.
The song just repeats itself, so I was kind of stuck there. If you want, I could step the entire thing.

EDIT: Okay, figured out a way to get around that. Will resend.

Last edited by moches; 05-5-2009 at 06:15 AM..
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2009, 05:58 AM   #80
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Master Exploder - Accepted - Nothing technical, but it's fun. Are those hands at the end necessary?
I thought it would be a nice touch but you can remove them, make them 34, 23, 14

I can also help out with GFX if I'm not busy this weekend.
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote