Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2009, 05:53 PM   #221
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches View Post
Yes definitely

But just one question: how the hell do you sync metal songs?

DDReam studios

submitting abstract art with an index friendly chart made specially for this pack

oops forgot the album name and year in subtitle

Last edited by who_cares973; 05-31-2009 at 05:58 PM..
who_cares973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2009, 11:30 AM   #222
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp1nzoK View Post
I could be part of graphical team by the way if you guys would like that.
As I recall you said you made the graphics for the file you submitted? I liked those. I'll see what Sulfer says.

Well I gotta leave for work, guys!! I'm also tired as ****. I think I might go right to bed once I get home.
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2009, 10:41 AM   #223
Virus881
FFR Player

Ok, I'm stepping I of Meshuggah, a stamina challenger. I've stepped 6 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches
But just one question: how the hell do you sync metal songs?
With a lot of patience, BPM changes, syncing at low speeds and some odd arrows somewhere.
I do not use DDReam studio at all, but I use SM 4.0 to step songs because I can put BPMs with numbers

Last edited by Virus881; 06-2-2009 at 11:18 AM..
Virus881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2009, 04:13 PM   #224
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Submitting two more files and then I’m gonna consolidate my reviews and Sulfer will update the OP with the accepted files. Decent-sized list at this point.

What's it at? Around 20 accepted? Something like that.

*edit* sent
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens

Last edited by N.T.M.; 06-2-2009 at 04:27 PM..
Old 06-2-2009, 04:48 PM   #225
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Reviews consolidated (those with new versions won't be included):

(SulferDragon) Swamp-Stamp-Polka: Nice layering here (as usual).

(SulferDragon) Hollow: Song is pretty monotonous at parts, but the solo makes up for that.

(SulferDragon) What Lies Beyond: Ooo, I love this!! Really solid overall. The guitar is really fun.

(Joe D) Sacred Land: Best file of yours I’ve played. Still though a few errors that need attention: BPM and offset are both off considerably. The offset is CLOSE to -0.285 (if you’d like I can get the exact offset for you) and play the last quarter of the song at .3x to find the BPM. Excluding the PR errors, measure 65 is minijacks, and m71 has one too many minifreezes. It autta look something like this:

Just fix that and I’d accept it.

(Joe D) Once in a Lifetime: Initially I thought this might be alright with the exception of a few blatant errors. However after measure 124 the file’s quality declined rapidly. Seemed like everything from then on was painfully out of sync. And the main solo (the heart and only real reason for playing a DF file) was riddled with PR and sync errors. Some superfluous notes, and others missed. Even the most rudimentary PR patterns were neglected. Sorry, homie.

Oh, and how’d you miss those 24ths preceding those holds in the intro? Yet you used 16th 200 BPM minijacks?

(who_cares973) Doomsday: Yes!! Fun file. Didn’t bother checking the sync. It felt fine and I know your files.

(Joe D) Blazing Hate: Damn son, this file needs PR. Also, the offset is incorrect. Might get accepted if those things are fixed. Possibly others required too.

(Dog_E) No One Wins: Terrible song choice. Some stuff’s outta sync too. Also lacked difficulty consistency.

(OMEGAspike) Antimatter: What’s with all the poor song selections? This is an easy arbitrary jump file with some missed notes. Didn’t bother to look any further into the solo.

(Dog_E) Father Time: I’ll have to look into this in more detail later. From simply playing it I can tell that it lacks PR, is a very mediocre song choice (at best), and there are some missed notes.

(foilman) We Are Not Anonymous: Much better jump trill placement in the intro although the file still lacks strong PR. Also regarding that 16th guitar stream in the intro: I see the consistency there, but the trill initiating the pattern feels awkward. Maybe something like 4321 would be more suitable. Just tell Sulfer what you‘d like it to be if you wanna change it and he can rectify it himself since it‘s so minor. M40 also feels awkward. IMO you shoulda stepped more prominent sounds there, but it‘s not too bad. Nothing at all significant enough to reject the file I think.

(Bluearrowll) Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle: I’ll go into this in detail later as a courtesy, but all I can say for now is that there were several significant issues. I’ll check again later. Maybe it’s salvageable.

(Coolboyrulez) Master Exploder: Fun file imo, but there are a few things that need attention. Places like that above measure 7 are off. There are some jumps that really could be more pr, but that’s fairly negligible I’m told (especially considering its context). Now regarding those 24ths preceding measure 2. They don’t sound like 24ths or look like 24ths. Why’d you place 24ths there?

(moches) Roar: Really solid Xoon Minipack file.

Eradication: Song choice is very poor here so it’d really take an incredible file (and a good cut) to get accepted. The pause above measure 25 seemed outta place and caused you to miss a following note. And those 24th drum hits above measure 41 should be 32nds. Some pitch errors too. Didn’t have to look further.

So again, some reviews omitted for obvious reasons and I still need to review other files.

*edit* Joe I should be able to go over those things in your OIAL file later tonight. Just been really busy lately.

Christopher Hitchens

Last edited by N.T.M.; 06-2-2009 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: sorry Joe
Old 06-3-2009, 03:55 PM   #226
Joe D
FFR Player

I thought of Steppin some Symphony X for this.Could anyone tell me of a nice Symphony X song (That hasnt been stepped)that would make a nice chart?
-
If I keep submitting power Metal,will they be denied due to their genre?I also thought of Submitting my Supernova sim but im gonna fix a few things first.I know Sulfer liked it already
Joe D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2009, 05:57 PM   #227
Virus881
FFR Player

Stepmania needs some Grindcore and Death Metal

I'll consider to step some Napalm Death
Old 06-3-2009, 06:07 PM   #228
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

grindcore lol no

death metal yes
Old 06-3-2009, 06:15 PM   #229
Joe D
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus881 View Post

Waking the Cadaver,Bring me the Horizon,Impending Doom,Suicide Silence lol.I hate steppin that stuff.But it must feel kinda funny to step some of that
Old 06-3-2009, 06:26 PM   #230
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll

I dare someone to step "You Suffer" by Napalm Death and get it accepted :Twisted:
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Bluearrowll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2009, 06:57 PM   #231
Virus881
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluearrowll View Post
I dare someone to step "You Suffer" by Napalm Death and get it accepted :Twisted:
5 seconds??
Old 06-3-2009, 08:31 PM   #232
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon

Sorry, I was on vacation for a few days. I'll try to catch up on everything later.

From the looks of it, I'd say there are ten files that have been accepted for sure. Though there are still files that I have accepted that N.T.M. hasn't even played. Those ten don't include the files I already had in the pack when I started it either. I'll also try to post a list of the files that need only minor changes in the second post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp1nzoK View Post
I could be part of graphical team by the way if you guys would like that.
We would definitely like that.

SulferDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2009, 08:47 PM   #233
sp1nzoK
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to sp1nzoK

Alright I'm in for le graphics then.

What Lies Beyond by Pyramaze? Love that song

Side-note: I'd have so many suggestions for songs to step (from various metal genres), so any good stepper and/or syncer can add me on messenger, PM or wall-message.
sp1nzoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-3-2009, 10:24 PM   #234
1mpuls3
Impulsive By Nature
FFR Veteran

Step some Rammstein

1mpuls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2009, 07:17 AM   #235
Charlo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus881 View Post

I'm going to submit some Cannibal Corpse at the very least. As for grindcore...I don't have much of that. I could do some goregrind though.

I make metal files for keyboard players! Check them out at:
Charlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2009, 03:39 PM   #236
Joe D
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulferDragon View Post
Accepted Files:
(who_cares973) Doomsday
(N.T.M.) Every Time I Die
(SulferDragon) Hollow
(GLoVE) In The Presence Of Enemies (Part II)
(Scylaax + N.T.M.) Malicious Fingers
(Coolboyrulez) Master Exploder
(moches) Roar
(SulferDragon) Swamp-Stamp-Polka
(foilman8805) We Are Not Anonymous
(SulferDragon) What Lies Beyond
Not to b a burden but...Where are my files?Im guessing these are the ones both NTM and Sulfer already accepted,right?

Well if im correct heres what I remember of my files:

-Blank File (accepted by Sulfer,I dont think N.T.M. cheked this)

-Worlds End (Accepted by Sulfer,I dont think N.T.M. cheked this)

-Sacred Land (Accepted by Sulfer,Accepted with Tweaks by N.T.M. [Resubmitted and fixed everything indicated but there hasnt been a review of it])

-Blazing Hate (Sulfer told me if I fixed something.he wouldve accepted it,N.T.M. said I had to fix the offset,I already fixed both indications but still no review)

-When Leyends Come to Life v2(I think Im gonna send this again.Lets see if N.T.M. can help me with this one as soon as he finishes helpin me on OIALT)

-Once in a Lifetime(Accepted by Sulfer.N.T.M.s gonna give me a review soon,let me just keep reminding him everyday lol)

-Eve of Seduction(No review yet,hasnt been much scince I send this anyways )

I think this is all.Reason for Posting this is in any case some files were ignored,Or In case one of the judges hasent cheked one of the files.wELL UHHH here ya go
Old 06-4-2009, 05:40 PM   #237
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Not to b a burden but...Where are my files?Im guessing these are the ones both NTM and Sulfer already accepted,right?

Well if im correct heres what I remember of my files:

-Blank File (accepted by Sulfer,I dont think N.T.M. cheked this)

-Worlds End (Accepted by Sulfer,I dont think N.T.M. cheked this)

-Sacred Land (Accepted by Sulfer,Accepted with Tweaks by N.T.M. [Resubmitted and fixed everything indicated but there hasnt been a review of it])

-Blazing Hate (Sulfer told me if I fixed something.he wouldve accepted it,N.T.M. said I had to fix the offset,I already fixed both indications but still no review)

-When Leyends Come to Life v2(I think Im gonna send this again.Lets see if N.T.M. can help me with this one as soon as he finishes helpin me on OIALT)

-Once in a Lifetime(Accepted by Sulfer.N.T.M.s gonna give me a review soon,let me just keep reminding him everyday lol)

-Eve of Seduction(No review yet,hasnt been much scince I send this anyways )

I think this is all.Reason for Posting this is in any case some files were ignored,Or In case one of the judges hasent cheked one of the files.wELL UHHH here ya go
Don't worry, dude. I haven't forgotten. I'll go over all your files again to review the revised versions.

1 or two more files still coming for this by me.

Damn I gotta work 6 outta 7 days this week. I actually hate full-time. I don't need the money and my schedule is seriously ****ed up.

Christopher Hitchens
Old 06-7-2009, 06:48 AM   #238
moches
FFR Player

omfg just found the coolest Rise Against song. will start stepping soon.

unfortunately, my other two files aren't working out so well.
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-7-2009, 10:10 AM   #239
Quigly
nah
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches View Post
Rise Against
<3

Ps I have some songs in mind. Once finals end I'll definitely start stepping more ****.
Old 06-7-2009, 11:27 AM   #240
Joe D
FFR Player

Rise Against!!!!!!Thats what metAL has come to :P