Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2009, 06:55 AM   #181
Joe D
FFR Player

Default Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.T.M. View Post
(Joe D) Once in a Lifetime: Initially I thought this might be alright with the exception of a few blatant errors. However after measure 124 the file’s quality declined rapidly. Seemed like everything from then on was painfully out of sync. And the main solo (the heart and only real reason for playing a DF file) was riddled with PR and sync errors. Some superfluous notes, and others missed. Even the most rudimentary PR patterns were neglected. Sorry, homie.

Oh, and how’d you miss those 24ths preceding those holds in the intro? Yet you used 16th 200 BPM minijacks?

(Joe D) Blazing Hate: Damn son, this file needs PR. Also, the offset is incorrect. Might get accepted if those things are fixed. Possibly others required too.
Ill try to look into those files later.But I thought Sulfer said PR wasnt very important in this.Im not very good at PR because when I use PR it just makes the streams more boring.Ill try to see what u meant on OIAL.Id rather let Sulfer decide on Blazing Hate.Scince he doesnt really discriminate on PR.Besides.When Its a spread chart for a more strict pack then Id layer and use pitch relevancy.Im gonna link u to a nice spread chart.I didnt focus on PR but layering was good

Last edited by Joe D; 05-26-2009 at 07:30 AM..
Joe D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:17 AM   #182
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Ill try to look into those files later.But I thought Sulfer said PR wasnt very important in this.Im not very good at PR because when I use PR it just makes the streams more boring.Ill try to see what u meant on OIAL.Id rather let Sulfer decide on Blazing Hate.Scince he doesnt really discriminate on PR.Besides.When Its a spread chart for a more strict pack then Id layer and use pitch relevancy.Im gonna link u to a nice spread chart.I didnt focus on PR but layering was good
Degree of PR application is contingent on the song selection. When accurate however fun it is will ultimately be decided by the song. Guitar genres require much more PR than say a drum file for example. In the case of Once in a Lifetime though that’s really irrelevant, cuz completely excluding PR errors there are too many sync errors. Other parts (M124, etc.) also felt very awkward. Realize that selective layering is necessary to emphasize certain sounds. Or at least layering with jumps so a player can differentiate.
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:12 AM   #183
Virus881
FFR Player

Add these sims please:
  • In The Presence of Enemies
  • Fatal Tragedy
  • Endless Sacrifice
  • A Change of Seasons

These are my best files. I have in mind to step Meshuggah's I or Metallica's Whiplash.

Last edited by Virus881; 05-26-2009 at 10:15 AM..
Virus881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:26 PM   #184
Joe D
FFR Player

Quote:
Degree of PR application is contingent on the song selection. When accurate however fun it is will ultimately be decided by the song. Guitar genres require much more PR than say a drum file for example. In the case of Once in a Lifetime though that’s really irrelevant, cuz completely excluding PR errors there are too many sync errors. Other parts (M124, etc.) also felt very awkward. Realize that selective layering is necessary to emphasize certain sounds. Or at least layering with jumps so a player can differentiate.
Ill look into it right now and actually try to b PRelevant
Old 05-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #185
Mr. Bob
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus881 View Post
Add these sims please:
  • Fatal Tragedy
  • Endless Sacrifice
  • A Change of Seasons

These are my best files. I have in mind to step Meshuggah's I or Metallica's Whiplash.
why would anyone want a different file for the first 3
Mr. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #186
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon

Uh oh, someone is being far too picky about pitch relevancy. I said not to worry about it. Fun patterns is all that is necessary. Okay, unless the file is obviously trying to be PR and fails miserably. Then I guess you should complain about that. Otherwise, not.

btw, don't bother playing the other Dog_E files Joe sent. They aren't worth the time.

Also, I'm still waiting for Doomsday to be resent with that one missed hold note fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bob View Post
Probably not, and even though I'm not a fan of GLoVE's In the Presence of Enemies and IamMe's(is that right?) Fatal Tragedy, I doubt they could be stepped better. I'll take a look at that last one though.

SulferDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #187
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

i'll send it right now
Old 05-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #188
Joe D
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulferDragon View Post
Uh oh, someone is being far too picky about pitch relevancy. I said not to worry about it. Fun patterns is all that is necessary. Okay, unless the file is obviously trying to be PR and fails miserably. Then I guess you should complain about that. Otherwise, not.

btw, don't bother playing the other Dog_E files Joe sent. They aren't worth the time.
I used to try PR but it just ruined my files.I will try to be PR again an my next sim.So uhhhh OIALT.Accepted or Rejected???
-
As for those Dog_E files.I submitted them cuz I considered it to have fun patterns.But whatever.Its my files I should worry about
-
A nice GloVe file is his Under a Glass Moon solo.Its very fun.I uploaded a vid on Youtube of it.If u wanna see how it is.
-
Sulfer Im gonna think of that S.S.H. file,not really turning out too fun.Its too bland
Old 05-26-2009, 02:30 PM   #189
Quigly
nah
FFR Veteran

Finally finished and submitted my file lmao. I'll send some more stuff if I have the time.

Oh and I can help with the graphics if you want. The graphics on my sim were done by me. I can show you some more examples if necessary.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #190
Virus881
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bob View Post
If you want to play Glove's simfiles, go on, and don't download mine, but you can't talk by every people in the world. It's unfair.

Also I'm focused more in play the entire song and easier charts than the others, including less jumps and very few hands or quadruplets. I can pass those sims with A, but there are other players that can frustrate when they doesn't manage to hit any arrow.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:30 PM   #191
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Quote:
Sorry homez. It's just that.... well it's DF ^_^. It should have at least a fair degree of PR IMO. Ultimately your decision will rule though. However even worse than the PR was the sync. It seemed roughly 1 quarter of a second off at parts. Felt like it (also seemed about that when I slowed it down).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus881 View Post
Add these sims please:
  • Fatal Tragedy
  • Endless Sacrifice
  • A Change of Seasons

Stepping anything that GLoVE has already isn't a good idea because they'll be overshadowed and I know they take a while to make. Invest that time elsewhere imo.

Quote:

Probably not, and even though I'm not a fan of GLoVE's In the Presence of Enemies and IamMe's(is that right?) Fatal Tragedy, I doubt they could be stepped better. I'll take a look at that last one though.
GLoVE's Endless Sacrifice.... would you like to include that? I ephin' love that file!!
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens

Last edited by N.T.M.; 05-26-2009 at 08:36 PM..
Old 05-26-2009, 10:18 PM   #192
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

actually GLoVE does have weird quirks in the way he steps things. he's not perfect, in certain aspects he excels for sure

I do agree with the principle, however, that stepping songs that have not yet been touched is more productive than restepping something that's already done well, if not perfectly
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:35 PM   #193
Virus881
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patashu View Post
actually GLoVE does have weird quirks in the way he steps things. he's not perfect, in certain aspects he excels for sure

I do agree with the principle, however, that stepping songs that have not yet been touched is more productive than restepping something that's already done well, if not perfectly
Certainly, I respect Glove, but I'm focused in other kind of player. In fact, I stepped In The Presence of Enemies because the whole song is kickass, and I stepped the whole song. The Reckoning is actually the same as Glove's. I detached from the BIG song because some crazy player would want to play the same thing. That's like there are several versions of Overture 1928 out there, and all of them are nice to be played.

The thing that makes me mad is that appears someone saying that other versions of the songs he stepped are not worthly to be played.

PD: I have some problems with Stepmania in Linux, can someone help me??

Last edited by Virus881; 05-26-2009 at 10:39 PM..
Virus881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #194
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!

Quote:
Accepted Files:
PENDING
It's been a month and 1 day now, you going to edit that bro?
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:02 PM   #195
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon

How can I update that when none of the other judges do anything? I actually have 20+ files in the folder. Those are the ones I've accepted and all the other files I already had when I started the pack.

Considering none of the other judges do anything and have probably just forgot completely, I will relieve them. For now, only I and N.T.M. are judges, and that is fine with me. Actually, I think I prefer it.

I'll update it if N.T.M. can give me all of his reviews in one place. That way I can figure out what we both accepted, or what one of us accepted and the other only had minor complaints about. If the problems are only minor I'll probably just accept the file anyway or even fix it myself if that's all right with the person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post

I used to try PR but it just ruined my files.I will try to be PR again an my next sim.So uhhhh OIALT.Accepted or Rejected???
-
As for those Dog_E files.I submitted them cuz I considered it to have fun patterns.But whatever.Its my files I should worry about
-
A nice GloVe file is his Under a Glass Moon solo.Its very fun.I uploaded a vid on Youtube of it.If u wanna see how it is.
-
Sulfer Im gonna think of that S.S.H. file,not really turning out too fun.Its too bland
I could accept it if I wanted to. It's not like I have to listen to the other judges, but if I didn't, there wouldn't be any point in having them. Why don't you try to fix the things that N.T.M. pointed out? You don't have to do anything with the PR though, the patterns are fun. Also, maybe you should make a slightly easier chart without all the jacks and trills.

I liked one or two of those Dog_E files, but they are filled with so MANY errors and inconsistencies that I wouldn't care if the fun-factor was through the roof.

Like I haven't played GLoVE's Under a Glass Moon. When I was still playing, it was probably one of my top 10 most played files. It's also from the SMG2pack which I'm pretty sure everybody who is anybody already has.

I gave you four songs. Step another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigly View Post
Finally finished and submitted my file lmao. I'll send some more stuff if I have the time.

Oh and I can help with the graphics if you want. The graphics on my sim were done by me. I can show you some more examples if necessary.
Looks like you just slapped some text on a wallpaper from blirk.net to me. It looks decent though.

Will play the file later. Hope it's fun!

Quote:
GLoVE's Endless Sacrifice.... would you like to include that? I ephin' love that file!!
Well, it is from ODI2, but... this is meant to be a "collection" of metal. When I think about it, should it matter where the files come from? The idea is to have as many files from different musicians/artists and simfile authors as possible. I guess it couldn't hurt to include it and probably a few more of his best files, even In the Presence of Enemies if you want me to.

If you actually read all of this post, you deserve a cookie.

SulferDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #196
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

i deserve a cookie 8)
Old 05-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #197
Quigly
nah
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Looks like you just slapped some text on a wallpaper from blirk.net to me. It looks decent though.

Will play the file later. Hope it's fun!
Yeah I wouldn't be able to make that from scratch EVER haha. But the original wallpaper looked much more bland so I vamped it up a bit.

But if it isn't 'up to par' then no worries. =)
Old 05-27-2009, 08:24 PM   #198
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
i deserve a cookie 8)
Me too!!

Oh and Sulfer I'll go over and collect all my reviews.

I'll also check back with Kommi. Maybe he forgot. He's a really solid judge though.

Christopher Hitchens
Old 05-27-2009, 11:57 PM   #199
sp1nzoK
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to sp1nzoK

Working on The Faceless - Prison Born

I got all guitars down, which makes for a standard difficulty file, oni has same guitars naturally but jacks instead of trills, i will add drums to Oni too, anyhow should I go for a heavy that incorporates the standard guitar (trills) with jumpstream, it's not really easy anyway 260bpm 12ths / 16ths or too many charts pretty useless? Also is jumptrillin indexable at all at those speeds? Oh well I'll delwe deeper when I'm back today.

EDIT: hookay I'm done with it, kinda (gonna ask around for playtesting before I send for judging)

*3 charts
-standard: no hands just guitar to PR pretty much, guitars are trills when PR is jacks
-heavy: drums added, solo will be left as breather place for harder charts too, guitars are trills when PR is jacks
-challenge: more drums added, very very hard chart, guitars are jacks when PR is jacks

so the charts actually reflect the words hehe

EDIT2: I tuned up the heavy to be "the playable chart" and took standard and challenge out (moved heavy to challenge), only missing graphics might make them now and submit.

Last edited by sp1nzoK; 05-28-2009 at 02:23 PM..
sp1nzoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #200
Joe D
FFR Player

Quote:
I could accept it if I wanted to. It's not like I have to listen to the other judges, but if I didn't, there wouldn't be any point in having them. Why don't you try to fix the things that N.T.M. pointed out? You don't have to do anything with the PR though, the patterns are fun. Also, maybe you should make a slightly easier chart without all the jacks and trills.

I liked one or two of those Dog_E files, but they are filled with so MANY errors and inconsistencies that I wouldn't care if the fun-factor was through the roof.

Like I haven't played GLoVE's Under a Glass Moon. When I was still playing, it was probably one of my top 10 most played files. It's also from the SMG2pack which I'm pretty sure everybody who is anybody already has.

I gave you four songs. Step another.
Yeah I told NTM to review it.In Fact.NTM if u read this id like to know which parts u said were unrelevnt.dont know if ill fix em but scince im going to start working on PR id like to know.Oh and I think the jacks make it cool.Dont know if ill eliminate them.But if I have to I will

Im guessing the Nightwish song was preety cool but the keyboard solo..........ummm........was sukishly stepped.

I dont have SMG2 pack.Ive recently downloaded alot of packs.Ill DL this weekend.

Ill see of SSH.Battle and OTAZU sounded cool.Im not sure if it would make a nice chart.Ill try this weekend

Hey should I send u Eve of Seduction or is it ok scince u already have it?