Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-2-2008, 08:10 PM   #61
dietsnapple135
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Why do we still have the 40 credit limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimerax View Post
I've never understood the legit reason for the existance of credit cap.
I'm sold. Credit Cap= Not necessary.

First place in Intermediate division of Zap_Track and Spammy's 1st Tourney. ^_^
I'M A MOD YO
dietsnapple135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:23 PM   #62
Musiks
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Musiks

If a credit cap didn't exist, script kiddies using Tamper Data would just set their level credit amount to an insanely high amount and the value of the credit would decrease so fast it wouldn't even be funny.

[My Profile] - [Thumbs Up] - [My Replays] - [My Level Ranks]
Best AAA: Be Princess / Best Skill Token: Zephon
Musiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:31 PM   #63
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

who cares wut the value of a credit is... and no it wouldnt they can keep the whole for every 1 mil you get on a song you get another 20 credits there is still a "cap" but it is only because you can only get so many points in a song
Old 10-26-2008, 06:36 PM   #64
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MooMoo_Cowfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiks View Post
If a credit cap didn't exist, script kiddies using Tamper Data would just set their level credit amount to an insanely high amount and the value of the credit would decrease so fast it wouldn't even be funny.
Um the value of a credit can't really drop considering how the ffr economy works. This isn't real life.

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis
MooMoo_Cowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:50 AM   #65
Blue Bird
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Blue Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo_Cowfreak View Post
Um the value of a credit can't really drop considering how the ffr economy works. This isn't real life.
With the credit cap, getting like 50k credits is big freakin' deal.

Now if you could bust out 100 credits in a song, 50k wouldn't be such a big deal anymore. I think that's what they're trying to get.

And as for the "there's only a certain amount of total credits the game can hold" crap... WHAT THE ****? Seriously, that's all I have to say. You tell players they need 100k to unluck a secret song. You say the cap is 40. OK how about this - shift the decimal in everything and then see if you'll still have a problem. Make 10 credits be worth 1 credit. Because in the end, who cares if you have 500 or 50? 5mill of 500k? The value will still be the same for all the regular functions.

So if Planet KARMA suddenly requires 10k to unlock, and you divide everyone's credit by 10, voila?! I mean, I dunno why there's such a "total credit limit", but lol... if it's just a problem with integers getting too large, then this will easily solve the problem.

And yeah, if you guys are complaining about mashers whoring songs for credits, make the the credits be calculated on Score, and not total score. It won't matter how much of a combo you managed to MASH OUT of a song. If you wanna make things even better, make it so that each Boo you get subtracts a credit from total score, capped at 0 of course, so you wouldn't lose credits at the end of the song if you suddenly decide to go play Death Piano.

I'm totallly for removing the cap, but nothing too extreme. Players should not be getting over 100 credits at the end of songs. o.O Besides, it's like someone said on the first page - if you want to get credits fast, you can just play your favorite 1300+ arrow song over and over and die on the 1300th arrow. It makes no real difference at all. The cap is just a nuisance forcing people to resort to boring method for obtaining credits.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:17 AM   #66
jackal0949
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jackal0949

you get 40 credits because thats how they set it, you just said the boring way, why are you playing this game if you think its boring accumulating credits, there put in a category for a reason, not so everyone can unlock them within a day for getting 100 credits per song if your good.

earn them quit complaining =D

Last edited by jackal0949; 10-27-2008 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: everything looks better with a smiley face =]
jackal0949 is offline   Reply With Quote