Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2009, 04:44 PM   #301
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon
Default Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

I haven't judged anything because I haven't really opened StepMania the past week. N.T.M. seems to have totally disappeared. I'm thinking of forgetting about judging all together and just doing what I did with the first pack, while keeping submissions open, of course. This project is getting really boring.

I'll at least judge the files I downloaded last time I checked the email... when I'm in the mood.

SulferDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:12 AM   #302
sp1nzoK
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to sp1nzoK

Suggestion for atleast one released song to include:

Scar Symmetry - Prism & Gate (Mr. Bob)
sp1nzoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:05 AM   #303
moches
FFR Player

sent in another file.
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:44 AM   #304
Virus881
FFR Player

And what did you do the last pack??
Old 06-29-2009, 08:46 AM   #305
Joe D
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus881 View Post
And what did you do the last pack??
He picked up some files on the database (mostly ones on bemanistyle) and put them alltogether into a pack.Also changed any poor grafix and/or cd titles
Joe D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:35 AM   #306
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulferDragon View Post
I haven't judged anything because I haven't really opened StepMania the past week. N.T.M. seems to have totally disappeared. I'm thinking of forgetting about judging all together and just doing what I did with the first pack, while keeping submissions open, of course. This project is getting really boring.

I'll at least judge the files I downloaded last time I checked the email... when I'm in the mood.
No dude!!! My computer got fried!! I'm only able to type this cuz it's on my friend's computer. I'll be getting my new one soon. There was just no way to let you guys know . Sorry, man.

A few days 'til I get my new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulferDragon View Post

Prepare for War - Accepted - Every version I play of this file seems better than the last. Every version also makes mine look even more ****ty. So, yeah, I guess it's good enough. The cut is garbage though.

lol I love the cut though. It eliminates most of the monotony associated with DF songs without (for the most part) sacrificing any climatic elements.

There's a read me file inside too. The song caused a ****load of problems.

And sorry about submitting those files. I tend to forget stuff. Since like... a long time I've only been stepping + playing new packs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld View Post
Dear N.T.M. (I.E. new GLoVE) i love you.
Aw, I love you too.
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens

Last edited by N.T.M.; 06-30-2009 at 12:44 AM..
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-3-2009, 11:40 PM   #307
moches
FFR Player

sent in one more file. might send one file to end them all. (hint: Born of the Ground)

also Vanity got into DCP2 whoopee..owait. you can pull it if you want. it's not exactly metal anyway.
Old 07-8-2009, 12:01 AM   #308
Virus881
FFR Player

Old 07-9-2009, 06:20 PM   #309
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space

Um, hi. Yeah, I am actually working on reviewing the files. I've just been busy and/or lazy. You can still send stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.T.M. View Post
No dude!!! My computer got fried!! I'm only able to type this cuz it's on my friend's computer. I'll be getting my new one soon. There was just no way to let you guys know . Sorry, man.

A few days 'til I get my new one.
That's another thing. I am sick of you're excuses, whether they be good ones or not.

Also, your post totally sounds like something Ben Speirs would say.

I'm not calling this pack dead, because it isn't. I could just release it with the stuff I already have if I wanted to.

Old 07-9-2009, 06:32 PM   #310
Joe D
FFR Player

OMG wait Sulfer let me send u some fixed files
Old 07-9-2009, 07:04 PM   #311
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll

Working on a Warmen file for this. about 110 seconds done.
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Bluearrowll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-9-2009, 07:21 PM   #312
Joe D
FFR Player

k sent my files already.BTW Bluearrowl good luk on that Warmen file,Warmens awesome

And Sulfer.How many songs do u have in total already?scince u say u can release it whenever u want

Last edited by Joe D; 07-9-2009 at 07:23 PM..
Old 07-9-2009, 08:06 PM   #313
Virus881
FFR Player

I have 4 files in the queue.

· Dream Theater - The Shattered Fortress (complete)
· Dream Theater - Pull Me Under (complete)
· Dream Theater - The Darkest of Winters (A Change of Seasons 4 minute cut)
· Opeth - The Leper Affinity (4 minute cut)

Metallica doesn't respect very much its metronome, so making charts for Metallica is a tough job.

Last edited by Virus881; 07-9-2009 at 08:13 PM..
Virus881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:14 PM   #314
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space

Okay.

This is the last batch of stuff I'm going to review. I don't feel like doing this anymore. I've lost too much interest in this pack to judge every file. Feel free to send stuff to the email. I'll still play it, and I will accept it if I like it. I'm still going to release this sometime. I just don't know when.

A Swarm of Plagues - Needs work - Errors I found as follows:
m24, The 16ths only last for one beat, not two.
m32, Same thing.
m47, Those are more like 12ths and 24ths, not 16ths.
m64, Part of that stream shouldn't exist.
m72-73, Why do some of the vocals have holds. Remove them, or put holds on all the vocals
m76, I still think those holds are pointless.
m103, 16th stream starts a beat to soon.
m146, Like measure 64.
m167, One of those 8th notes goes to nothing.
m168-182, The holds aren't a bad idea, but there's no reason why all the vocals shouldn't have them.
m207, Those holds are stupid.
Overall the file is unpolished. The patterns seem very lazy. Put some thought into them.

A Warrior's Death - Accepted with some tweaks - The patterns in this are much better than the first file, and overall it is much more fun. The use of holds is sketchy throughout the whole file. This seems to be a problem with a lot of your files I have played. It's not that bad in this file, except in places such as measures 37-42. Some of the holds are half-notes, some are quarter-notes, and others are completely ignored. Talk about inconsistent. This song is also a bit on the long side. Although, it is varied enough to be interesting.

Carrion Sculpted Entity - Accepted with some tweaks - Good index stepfile fare. I would like to see something else more interesting done with that long 16th stream at measure 101-118. That's about it. Thankfully, it's short; otherwise, I would reject it on account of being boring.

Euphoric Dream - Accepted with some tweaks - Errors I found as follows:
m104, Why can't you put 16ths in between the jumps?
m114, The error should be obvious if you listen to the guitar.
m132, I think the correct pattern is more like this.
m195-196, I honestly think that 16th stream breaks the flow and is out of place.
m201, I don't think all those steps actually go to sounds.
m203-204, Just like measure 195.
The 24ths in the solo are all wrong. They're not 24ths at all. Also, some of the 16ths should actually be 24ths. You stepped everything backwards!
I also noticed the sync in this file was really bad. It might be the gap, or it could be the BPM. I don't know. Either way, it's wrong. Some of your other files might be off too, but I don't feel like checking.
Overall, this file is actually really fun. It's probably the best file I have ever played by you. It's certainly the most consistent. The song is ****ing great too. Fix this file.

The Dunes - Needs work - I could tell one second into this file that I wasn't going to accept it. It violates rule #2 right off the bat. That's not to say it's bad. In fact, it was actually pretty fun, but I'm afraid that won't be quite enough. I'm extremely sick of going into detail about every error, so I'll just list the measures you should look at: m24, m43, m66, m74, m92, m96, m132, m154

The Leper Affinity - Rejected - The patterns are repetitive and not fun. I can't tell what half the holds are for. If you cut it at measure 97 it would at least be decent, but it really gets bad after that. Overall, the file strikes me as lazy.

The Shattered Fortress - Needs work - I almost quit before I got through the first 100 seconds. It's pretty much repeating the same **** over and over for that entire time. After that it was fun for a bit, but then it got repetitive again. Next it got boring. After that it got interesting during the guitar solo thingy, but the steps and layering were sloppy. It was still fun though. Then the BPM slowed down and... okay, seriously, I can't go into detail for a file this long. The file has it's moments, but it's overlong and unamazing (kind of like the new Transformers movie, only not as painful). There are way too many offbeat, missing, and steps that shouldn't even exist it would take ages to go into detail about every error. Seriously, this is way too long. Songs this long have to be amazing if you want me to accept them. If it was four minutes it might have a chance. It would have errors, but it could work with some fixes. This needs a lot of help.

Token of Time - Accepted - This gets accepted because, 1: it's index friendly; 2: it's very fun; and 3: we need more folk metal. It has errors though.

Track on Fire - Rejected - Why? Well, instrumental songs like these demand pitch relevancy and as accurate steps as possible. If this was stepped accurately it would be like a giant pack of skittles. It's basically five minutes of 24th and 16th streams. Not much thought seems to have gone into here.

I will update the second post with every file I have in the pack later.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:18 PM   #315
moches
FFR Player

Hey, uh, did you get Papercut?
Old 07-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #316
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space

Haven't played it, but considering you stepped it, I probably will. I did download it, but I wanted to get those nine files out of the way.

brb playing

Old 07-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #317
Virus881
FFR Player

So... I think that the second The Glass Prison solo can be a good chart (I mean 9:40 - 12:50)
Old 07-13-2009, 09:08 PM   #318
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space

It probably could.

Oh, played the other stuff I had, because I'm in the mood. I didn't really review them though. Also, I haven't checked the email forever.

Follow Me - Needs work - Not entirely inaccurate, but it isn't fun. It also gets a little repetitive. I can't stand the song either, but this pack is open to anything. btw, you missed a 16th right at the beginning (and whenever that pattern repeats).

Once in a Lifetime v23232 - Accepted - I would have accepted this before, but, wow, it's even better now. Very good.

Papercut - Accepted - Not one of your best, but it's good enough.

Pull Me Under - Accepted with some tweaks - Damnit, man, this was looking really good, but you made some really bad stepping choices. Very fixable though. It also would be nice to get a cut at the end.

Vanity - What is metal? - I guess this gets metal-ish for a short time, but putting this in here would be a stretch. You probably don't want it in here anyway.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #319
Joe D
FFR Player

k sweet

BTW Sulfer I sent a fixed When Leyends Come to Life and Eve of Seduction,In case u forgot em or anything

Oh and Blazing Hate wasnt on the list of accepted files either,did u already fix what was wrong?

If im not lazy id possibly submit something else to this pack but yeah Im a bit bored of steppin and stuff so....w/e
Old 07-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #320
Virus881
FFR Player

Hey Sulfer, can you send me the sm file of the fixed version of Pull Me Under please? I want to watch it out.