Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-1-2008, 03:55 PM   #1
Shadowcliff
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Bus accident :).

This morning on my way to school (on the bus) we were waiting for the light to turn green. All of a sudden everyone lurches forward. A car had hit the back of the bus. Not a huge crash, but some kids pulled the muscles in their necks and stuff. So were were stuck in the middle of the road at an intersection for about 10 minutes until the car was able to back out of the crash. Then an additional 10 minutes at the side of the road while the police guy at our school got all of our names. Then we got to school, and everyone on the bus had to go to the library so the nurse could ask us if any of us got hurt.
In orchestra, I was called to the nurse's office, and she just asked induvidual people how they were feeling and if they think they pulled muscles, got a bruise, or had a headache. I didn't.

Significance: This is the first auto accident I have been in.

Any FFRers ever get in a crash (particularly if you ride the bus to school and the crash happened on your bus).

PS. Last year on the last day, while the buses were taking everyone home, a car T-boned one of the buses and the bus skidded and covered up 3 lanes. A couple of people got hurt.

PPS. Officer Shanika rules!
Shadowcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2008, 04:01 PM   #2
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Bus accident :).

Thats pretty funny. I was on the bus a few years ago where we were going up a hill and the bus died. We started to roll backwards and nearly hit a car. Once we got to the bottom of the hill we just kind of stayed there all surprised. We had to wait like 30 minutes for another bus.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2008, 04:04 PM   #3
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin

One time when I was in third grade or so, I had just gotten on the bus, and it was going through the other side of my street when a van was parked pretty far off the curb and the bus broke a mirror against it while trying to squeeze through. We sat there for about fifteen minutes before the VP came to check it out, then about ten minutes later the few of us that were on the bus hopped in his car and went directly to school.

Not sure how everyone else got there, though.
╚═╝ ║lll║ ║

OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT
Wilkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2008, 04:07 PM   #4
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

So, I just read a news story about a bus accident in which a student died and I totally thought you were talking about that and was outraged by your smiley emoticon.

Also one day in high school my bus got stuck in snow/mud, so they sent another bus out to pick us up, which also got stuck at a later stop.
stretchypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2008, 04:14 PM   #5
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
One time when I was in third grade or so, I had just gotten on the bus, and it was going through the other side of my street when a van was parked pretty far off the curb and the bus broke a mirror against it while trying to squeeze through. We sat there for about fifteen minutes before the VP came to check it out, then about ten minutes later the few of us that were on the bus hopped in his car and went directly to school.

Not sure how everyone else got there, though.
Aren't the mirrors up pretty high?

The only significant thing that happened on a bus to me was in around 3rd grade, where a kid said he lost his jacket, and that someone probably stole it. About 30 minutes later, a police officer guy came on, and searched all of our back packs. 30 minutes after that, we finally started moving again. Turns out the kid left it at school, but at least the busdriver didn't overreact.

You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.
jugglinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2008, 04:14 PM   #6
Psychotik
Heckin' Cute
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I used to have a bus driver with 3 fingers, and he's known to have crashes, but I've never been in a crash.
I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants.
Psychotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2008, 04:21 PM   #7
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchypanda View Post
So, I just read a news story about a bus accident in which a student died and I totally thought you were talking about that and was outraged by your smiley emoticon.
12 preschoolers dead in bus crash/rape incident :)

But yeah the only accident I've been in was in my friends mom car and she rear ended some dude going 30 mph and the airbags didn't even pop.
Old 05-1-2008, 04:23 PM   #8
Psychotik
Heckin' Cute
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
12 preschoolers dead in bus crash/rape incident
EPIC
I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants.
Psychotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2008, 04:25 PM   #9
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

I've never had a bus accident, but I did have another accident that was pretty funny now that I think back on it.

One of my best friends has an addiction to adrenaline. And trust me, it's almost just as bad as being addicted to ****ing cocaine, because he'll do anything for a rush.

We're on our way to Denny's across town to dominate some zesty nachos and just hang out. It had been raining all day, and naturally, my friend thinks it's a great idea to scream through the streets at 80 MPH on wet pavement. We made it about halfway across town when we pass the city dump and there's this sweeping uphill turn. I did some basic physics in my head real quick and concluded that the coefficient of friction between my maniac friend's little Saturn tires and the wet pavement was about 0. I knew what was going to happen.

So, we're blistering up this turn at like 80 miles an hour, and he taps his breaks. We're done. Instantly they lock, and he starts turning the wheel every which way to regain control, but it's too late and we're sliding across the pavement like oil on water. I was in the back seat, and I'm just staring out the windshield at this drop off we're about to fly down. My jaw drops, and time starts to drag. I can see my impending doom right before my eyes. It was actually pretty cool.

It felt like we slid for a mile, but it was probably about 300 feet. As we get closer to the ditch, I see a STOP sign right in front of us but it doesn't matter much because the Saturn punches right through it and we plummit off the edge of the road. It was probably a good 8 foot drop, but I had braced myself with just about all my energy. The car smashed into the ground, and I could see white smoke coming from the engine. I didn't even care about my friends, or if they were hurt, because naturally, I'm the only one that matters, so I unbuckled my seatbelt and booked it out of the car. After I'm out, my other two friends get out a few seconds later. None of us were hurt.

I'm standing about 15 feet away from this car and just looking at it. It's vertical. Ass in the air. Engine pounded into the ground. I couldn't believe it.

There was a separate car of friends behind us, so we weren't alone. It was funny as hell to watch the tow truck guy ask my friend how this happened, he just kind of shrugged, because he knew his mom was going to kick his ass regardless.

It was a fun night, really. My parents don't even know it happened, and I still went to Denny's without that ****er and got some nachos! Hahaha.

EDIT: Oh yeah, we found out he didn't have any airbags. Lmfao.

Last edited by foilman8805; 05-1-2008 at 04:33 PM..
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2008, 04:26 PM   #10
omgitznpv
cohoooooon

Send a message via AIM to omgitznpv Send a message via MSN to omgitznpv

Earlier this year, our bus got into an accident. Our school is basically for certain students from the entire county, so there's a lot of buses that drive to the school. Ours is one of the first to arrive. A, literally, few seconds away from the school, a car smashes into the back of our bus. I was sleeping and this happened literally 2 seconds after I woke up. I heard glass smash, but nobody was hurt anyways. The police came and etc. and once I got to school everybody was laughing at people from my town (including myself) because they thought we got into trouble, rofl.
omgitznpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2008, 04:44 PM   #11
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR

non us crash related

some chick took a bat in the bus (animal bat) and then everyone started freaking out. We stop on the side of the road and it flys out the window xD
Old 05-1-2008, 04:48 PM   #12
dandandamdandan1111
the baker man
FFR Veteran

On my field trip to Philly for something I forget, my bus knocked off a car mirror trying to get through those godamn tight streets of Philadelphia, and we just kept riding lol.

I guess you could count that as an accident, but we didn't get hurt. I bet the owner of that car was pretty ****ing pissed though.
dandandamdandan1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2008, 04:59 PM   #13
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnR View Post
non us crash related

some chick took a bat in the bus (animal bat) and then everyone started freaking out. We stop on the side of the road and it flys out the window xD
That reminds me, someone lit firecrackers on our bus, and now he's expelled.

You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.
jugglinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2008, 05:00 PM   #14
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Lmao, terrorist in training right there.

Glad he's expelled.
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2008, 05:10 PM   #15
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

I have so many bus stories that are hilarious. But I have gotten into an accident on my school bus, and tons and tons out of one.

@ Stretchy: I saw the same thing and was like "WTF!"

P.S. The smiley in the subject sort of looks like a cyber Hitler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2008, 05:14 PM   #16
sarahxjane
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Last year, there were two girls driving on the other side of the road.
They were yelling and looking at all of us waiting for the bus.
They smashed into the back of the bus on that side.

I have also witnessed two other car accidents, I think someone died in one.

I almost died when I was two.
My dad, mom and I were in a car going over a bridge.
Someone veered into our lane, and luckily my mom missed them.
The car ended up against the guard rail.
There were train tracks far below.
And the back of the car was smashed right to the back of my car seat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funmonkey54 View Post
*knock knock*
*opens door*
Hello sir, I am a representative from eBay.
Um, ok. May I help you?
Yes, I am going to need some more information. What is your social security, work hours, sperm count, sexual orientation, and hours of absence from your home?

as of December 11th 2009.
Proud One Hander! 113 AAAs & 295 Full Combos
sarahxjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2008, 05:14 PM   #17
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Wait what? Hitler had a dimple on his chin?
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2008, 05:18 PM   #18
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

ITT we are morbid.
stretchypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2008, 05:20 PM   #19
BlazeDrag414
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BlazeDrag414 Send a message via Yahoo to BlazeDrag414

Never had a bus accident but in the second grade, when my mom was driving me to school, a car crashed in to us on the right side(my side). No one got hurt but the right side of our car was all messed up.
Old 05-1-2008, 05:26 PM   #20
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

Let's see, my car accidents.

I think I was in two in like second grade. One on a bus where we were rear-ended by a car (no real damage done to the bus or to any of the passengers in either vehicle). Was pretty cool because I was coming back from school-sponsored YMCA swimming lessons and got to do my homework while the bus was sitting still for once.

The other time, my mom was sitting an intersection looking to turn left. On the other side of the intersection, this other woman is trying to turn right (i.e., same direction as us). My mom has the right-of-way, so she goes, but so does the woman. The woman sideswipes us, police come, etc. Big scratch/dent on the right side of our van but no injuries.

I did get into one car accident recently (first one in which I was driving, yaaaaay >_>). I was pulling into a small parking lot by turning left off of a two-lane road. After I begin to go, this guy in a big pickup truck decides to pull out of his parking spot...right to where I'm going.

Now I begin to panic. I'm sitting in this oncoming lane with a guy headed right towards me without enough time to stop, and if I move forward, I get hit by a big pickup truck. I decided that the latter would do less damage due to less speed, so I pull in really quickly and try to minimize the damage. He clipped the back left side of the vehicle resulting in a door needing to be replaced, but that's it. And his insurance paid for it anyway.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote