Default Re: ATTN: Active FFR Players/Community

I'll try and take a look sometime, sounds cool

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:03 PM   #22
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

its not like I'm saying that all the work that was done for this is for nothing and that it isn't great work, it is. its just that you cant expect to replace a pen converter in a fountain pen and expect the pen to write if the bottle of ink you're trying to use is dry.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:10 PM   #23
xomegaxweapon
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to xomegaxweapon Send a message via Skype™ to xomegaxweapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
its not like I'm saying that all the work that was done for this is for nothing and that it isn't great work, it is. its just that you cant expect to replace a pen converter in a fountain pen and expect the pen to write if the bottle of ink you're trying to use is dry.
who is this guy?
xomegaxweapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:14 PM   #24
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

you must not hang around here much
Old 02-16-2016, 04:25 PM   #25
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xomegaxweapon View Post
who is this guy?
who is this guy?

On the threads topic: I was interested when it first came out but I personally feel my words won't influence any sort of motion towards the effort of judgement, and I'm not real confident in my stepping judgement capabilities as I am with difficulty ratings.

imo, it would help to have stepping experience to know certain terminology and to already have a base knowledge of what to expect or aspects of a chart to help its growth.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:40 PM   #26
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

the thing is you don't have to know anything to know if you like a file or not. community opinion is entirely subjective and that's the point of getting an entire community's input and not just a few. This system only works if there are a lot of people from the community involved. participating matters more than you think
Old 02-16-2016, 04:40 PM   #27
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
who is this guy?

On the threads topic: I was interested when it first came out but I personally feel my words won't influence any sort of motion towards the effort of judgement, and I'm not real confident in my stepping judgement capabilities as I am with difficulty ratings.

imo, it would help to have stepping experience to know certain terminology and to already have a base knowledge of what to expect or aspects of a chart to help its growth.
There's finally a chance for player voices to be heard and people are just like I don't know how to, or like you with this now. It's not about being the best judge it's about providing your opinions, sharing what you like and dislike about the charts that may get into game. Something you might say may resonate with the stepper of the chart. You wont know unless you give it a try.

People have wanted more community involvement in things around this site for a long time, here we are giving it to everyone. Yet it seems like now that it's available everyone has a negative view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:44 PM   #28
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Well, they created a framework where the community can get involved to help judging.
That's good news.
If you wanted a chance to get involved in some way with FFR, this should be it.

I don't think there's any point to discuss about what didn't happen in the past.
No one can control who's active and who's not, therefore there's no point to worry about that either.

The replies on this thread are leaving me confused, you guys at least deserve praise for your efforts.

I'll say it I guess if no one else does, nice work. \o

Edit: lol, so ninja'd.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 02-16-2016 at 04:45 PM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:11 PM   #29
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

If my response had a negative connotation to it, I apologize; it is more of a confidence issue to me personally.

Like I stated in the FPP of this new system, I love the fact the community has a say in potential charts added to the game and it's extremely interactive with a major aspect of the game, but I'm not sure if I can put in words the exact feelings as someone coming into the system.

I'll give it a shot.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:14 PM   #30
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

I've always wanted to help around FFR since I've retired from flash games for quite sometime. I'll check it out and give it another shot.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:31 PM   #31
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

This is a great implementation. Good work guys.

I went to Osu multiplayer three weeks ago and haven't played FFR since. I think I will come back either when I have the skills to help innovate the site or until FFR is more popular, or nostalgia. It's no fun playing alone these days. With Osu (which has many people better than me) it's also good motivation to get better.
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:41 PM   #32
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

hop to it guys your experience judging simfiles on ffr will prepare you for real world experiences such as reviewing papers for academic publications
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:41 PM   #33
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

you might think i'm joking but the two activities both on an individual scale and a macro level have a lot in common
Old 02-16-2016, 09:42 PM   #34
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

although i am joking about the reviewing academic papers part being a real world experience nobody actually reviews anything
Old 02-17-2016, 01:46 AM   #35
sickufully
Sir Krisk
FFR Veteran

I've noticed a few people have said they are unsure of how to evaluate the file or feel their input won't help in any way. Or if there is some terminology that we need to be aware of? Cause I want to view/play and leave feedback but I'm unsure of what you guys are looking for.

Is there any chance of some example feedback? (maybe of a song that's well known and already in-game)

Like are you looking for, 'I really liked the staircase at 1:37-1:42. Also the trills at the end.'
OR
are we supposed to say things about the syncing, the right notes used, density, lack of notes, the song itself (?), etc.?

Because I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't know much about half of that stuff. I can tell you that a file is fun or that I'm not a fan of a particular file (which are both just my opinion) but is that going to help?

Last edited by sickufully; 02-17-2016 at 01:48 AM..
sickufully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:53 AM   #36
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

That's a terrible example. No one really likes staircases
Old 02-17-2016, 02:05 AM   #37
sickufully
Sir Krisk
FFR Veteran

Guess I have an unpopular opinion then.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:47 AM   #38
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
On the threads topic: I was interested when it first came out but I personally feel my words won't influence any sort of motion towards the effort of judgement
There's a lot of information to be tapped into by letting players reviews the files. Needless to say, even if your only comments are just on how the file plays to you:

It can be super fucking useful you have NO idea, Some of us can't even pass our own creations. (I still have yet to ever pass my Suwa file.)

The only real rule is that you be constructive. If you're doing that, don't worry if you think your phrasing is bad. Just do your best. Really.

I should probably try again sometime soon. I haven't posted anything because I couldn't keep it positive enough.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:47 AM   #39
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickufully View Post
I've noticed a few people have said they are unsure of how to evaluate the file or feel their input won't help in any way. Or if there is some terminology that we need to be aware of? Cause I want to view/play and leave feedback but I'm unsure of what you guys are looking for.

Is there any chance of some example feedback? (maybe of a song that's well known and already in-game)

Like are you looking for, 'I really liked the staircase at 1:37-1:42. Also the trills at the end.'
OR
are we supposed to say things about the syncing, the right notes used, density, lack of notes, the song itself (?), etc.?

Because I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't know much about half of that stuff. I can tell you that a file is fun or that I'm not a fan of a particular file (which are both just my opinion) but is that going to help?
There is no special format or terminology that needs to be used. Just try to make sure you explain in a way that the file's creator knows what you're saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:18 AM   #40
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I have been suggesting a few things for a while that I've been dying to see implemented that have more than a couple different applications:

The overarching suggestion:
Implement a 5 or 10 star rating system in-engine for stepfiles and incentivize rating files with credits or other rewards. (Available to full song completions only...)

How it could be applied to this system to make it better:
OK, first off, is it at all possible to integrate the batch search engine into the FFR website? It's a freaking awesome project and I think you would get more eyes and more interest if it were hosted on the main site.

Second off, is it at all possible to host the entire submission queue on FFR instead of a different engine? Scores would have to uniquely record, but not be traceable through levelranks or leaderboards.

If the BSE can be hosted on the main site, it wouldn't be a large task to implement a comment/review section for each file and host those there instead of threads. Also, the star-rating system can report to the BSE and give an average rating for any given file. This gives people the opportunity to give files a first-impression rating as well as go and leave additional comments in the BSE if they want (maybe put a "review this file" button in-engine as well that links out to the comments section of that particular file in the BSE?). A lot of this, of course, hinges on everything being kept in the same place. If we keep things close to home, I think it will be a better experience for all of us.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 02-17-2016 at 09:21 AM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote