Old 08-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #361
Shashakiro
TWO THOUZAND COMBO
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shashakiro
Default Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

put this in if you feel like it, since I don't think it's well known at all:

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...p?songid=38622

personally I think it's a really fun file (heavy, anyway), but I might be biased since it's once of my favorite songs ever haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiebear
use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.
Shashakiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #362
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post

personally I think it's a really fun file (heavy, anyway), but I might be biased since it's once of my favorite songs ever haha
I'll review this in addition to going over Virus's file when I have time. Been busy all day today and I just stopped by to check on things real fast.

*edit* One of my favorite songs too. It better be good.
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #363
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post

Add this, great great song and the file is fun ad challenging.

I like this type of metal over that Rhapsody like stuff too. lol.
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #364
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 View Post
Add this, great great song and the file is fun ad challenging.

I like this type of metal over that Rhapsody like stuff too. lol.
I great song doesn't compensate for a ****ty file. I'll check it out now.
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens
Old 08-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #365
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Two Weeks - rejected - The offset is way off, those ARE NOT 12th drum bursts in the intro, the main solo has too many inconsistencies, and I didn't bother to look any further cuz that's enough for me to reject this.

Pull Me Under quick review like I promised:

Whole file seems riddled with sync errors (DT is tough to sync, I know). You also need to pay more attention to detail. Some sections are too sparse and bastardized sections like that are prevalent throughout the file. And example of this would be m132b2: that drum pattern lacks a lot of detail and seems a bit outta sync even with what few steps were placed.

A few other misc. examples of things:

*185.75 - jump's not needed
*m93 - skittle notes are off
*m94 - improve drum/guitar differentiation
*m130 - skittle notes are off
*m202b4 - those are 24ths not 16ths

Christopher Hitchens
Old 08-17-2009, 02:10 AM   #366
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Misanthropic Coil (ICYW) - Accepted - Accepted by me, however there still are a few things here: 136.74 and 141.79 should both have jumps placed for consistency. Measure 118 is unchanged and even if those 8ths are present (at some speed), it still doesn't warrant their placement.

There are also still a lot of (fairly negligible) tiny PR errors and seemingly superfluous hands. None of these are stipulations for acceptance.

Places like measure 25: sorry, but those minifreezes are outta sync (not all of them, just at the beginning and maybe some other places). You're sol there cuz you can't do **** about it. This then incorporates a theory I like to call "sm theory of subjectiveness". Since instruments like the guitar can't (when layered) have an exact point identified where it was initiated, some infinitesimal disparity could be permitted.

Bad news: the gap in your file exceeds that so you're still sol. I won't reject the file for that, but Sulfer might (doubt it though).

Sacrifice for the Slaughtergod (Authority) - Rejected - Not TOO bad, but definitely lacks fundamental SM construction: There is no PR, lots of places should have been layered more (hands + background drums), patterns are all arbitrary and devoid of even rudimentary consistency.

If you want me to state examples of this I'd be happy to do so.

Charlo's files - pending rejections...:

There are quite a few here. I'll try to review them all at once when I have the time (maybe tomorrow).

*edit* Some of your files have potential, but I'm probably gonna reject all of those submissions due to significant quality drawbacks: PR is non-existent, learn to use hands, pick better music that doesn't demand excessive vocal attention to combat their repetitive nature (cutting mp3s can also be effective for this).

I'll ascertain this tomorrow.

Again (anybody), any questions, just ask.

Some of my revised files (mostly for Sulfer):

Prepare for War (N.T.M.) - already accepted - Middle 144 BPM section was completely resynced.

Every Time I Die (N.T.M.) - already accepted - I resynced EVERY measure. Some minor PR errors were rectified in conjunction with minor additional layering. Read me file inside was also extended.

Christopher Hitchens

Last edited by N.T.M.; 08-17-2009 at 02:35 AM.. Reason: Charlo
Old 08-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #367
baq12
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Sending in my Warmen sims, Trip To has got some fixes i made on the keyboard solo (it had really awkward patterns), Roppongi Rumble i resynced the main Chorus and the keyboard solo, and a bonus sim for the heck of it
baq12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:05 PM   #368
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.T.M. View Post
Charlo's files - pending rejections...:

Some of your files have potential, but I'm probably gonna reject all of those submissions due to significant quality drawbacks: PR is non-existent, learn to use hands, pick better music that doesn't demand excessive vocal attention to combat their repetitive nature (cutting mp3s can also be effective for this).

I'll ascertain this tomorrow.
Yeah, sorry, they're rejected. Just far too many errors to be overlooked.

Here's Valkyries for an example which pretty much accurately exemplifies everything wrong with your files (at least the parts that cannot be overlooked):

m1 m1b3 m2 and m3 4th notes ARE ALL THE SAME. Identical pitch included in measures that hardly span enough distance to warrant their randomization. With errors like that the entire song feels like you're just randomly hitting keys appose to emulating the music.

Trip To (Baq12) - Accepted - Intro shoulda been stepped, man. It was evil for you to exclude it like that =P. m12 drums had some pitch inconsistencies but that's relatively negligible. PR also seems kinda iffy in places.

Roppongi Rumble (Baq12) - Accepted - Pretty much just like Trip To (excluding the intro thingy).

And suddenly.... I need to step some Warmen. BAQ this is obviously your fault, and if anything I needed to do today suffers I'm holding you responsible. ^_^

*edit* Gonna be gone for about a week.

San Diego

Christopher Hitchens

Last edited by N.T.M.; 08-20-2009 at 04:58 AM.. Reason: San Diego
Old 08-20-2009, 07:44 AM   #369
baq12
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:

Trip To (Baq12) - Accepted - Intro shoulda been stepped, man. It was evil for you to exclude it like that =P. m12 drums had some pitch inconsistencies but that's relatively negligible. PR also seems kinda iffy in places.

Roppongi Rumble (Baq12) - Accepted - Pretty much just like Trip To (excluding the intro thingy).

And suddenly.... I need to step some Warmen. BAQ this is obviously your fault, and if anything I needed to do today suffers I'm holding you responsible. ^_^

*edit* Gonna be gone for about a week.

San Diego
Hehe just make sure Accept the Fact is good, that way we would have 3 warmen sims from the Accept the Fact album :P the new Warmen album thou... thats gunna be sick

*edit* i know i shouldve stepped the intro, my editor was being evil on me so i had to skip the intro

Last edited by baq12; 08-20-2009 at 07:47 AM..
baq12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #370
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by baq12 View Post
Hehe just make sure Accept the Fact is good
Not to sound conceited, but it's gonna be as good as the song will permit. Trying to keep everything within 3 MS, although sometimes you're obligated to be about 5 MS off. My perfectionist nature won't let me take any shortcuts I'm afraid.

K guys, leaving to San Diego for a few days. Later!!

Christopher Hitchens
Old 08-21-2009, 08:10 PM   #371
Joe D
FFR Player

Quote:
Gonna be gone for about a week.

San Diego
Hope your Airplane crashes lol
Joe D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:21 PM   #372
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Hope your Airplane crashes lol
lol Since when did you hate me?

Still there btw.

Christopher Hitchens
Old 08-24-2009, 07:24 PM   #373
Joe D
FFR Player

Quote:
lol Since when did you hate me?

Still there btw.
lol.Im EvilTraian.I wish death 4 everyone.Specially that no good Sulfer Dragon.He thinks hes cool just kuz his username says Dragon.Lol just kidn
Old 08-29-2009, 10:17 PM   #374
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon

Gee, it only took me like a month to do this.

A Warrior's Death - Accepted with some tweaks - You still left out some holds. Also, the holds in places like measure 183 should all be 8th notes long.

Carrion Sculpted Entity - Accepted with some tweaks - Well, you changed the ending stream, but it isn't any better. Either follow the lyrics or layer them in with the 16ths. Don't alternate between following the two like that. You could have even kept the long 16th stream if you made the patterns more pitch relevant and consistent.

Euphoric Dream - Accepted - I'm going against N.T.M. on this one and definitely accepting it. I love it!

Every Time I Die - Update - Okay, good.

Godsent - Accepted with some tweaks - The beginning needs to be completely redone. Some the 16ths in the solo broke the consistency (measure 164). Also, the gap is noticeably off. This song almost reminds me of Symphony X for some reason... only not as awesome.

Love is Green - Rejected - N.T.M. is right.

Misanthropic Coil - Accepted - I don't know if I played the old or new version, but it was good enough.

Prepare for War - Update - Yeah, sure.

Roppongi Rumble - Pending - There's not necessarily anything wrong with the steps. I'm just trying to decide if this is even necessary to add. I honestly have no problems with EW's file from the first pack, so I can't see why putting a v2 in here is warrented. Sure, his isn't entirely PitCH ReLaVeNT, but as if I give a damn about that.

Sacrifice for the Slaughtergod - Needs work - Some inconsistent freeze usage. Solo could be more accurate. Sync seems off at times. Needs some work.

Trip To - Pending - I need to think about this one too. Also, ****ing chill with the colored note syndrome. Not every note needs to be green.

Two Weeks - Accepted with some tweaks - As far as I could tell, the things N.T.M. pointed out are the only errors. They're minor enough for me to accept it, but I'd prefer to see them fixed. We do need some more overstepped stuff in this pack though.

Under a Glass Moon - Accepted - I guess I can throw this in it if you'd like.

Valkyries - Accepted with some tweaks - Some of the layering is questionable, but I really don't have many problems with this. I might accept it if N.T.M. didn't dislike it. Also, most of your files still have gap issues.

SulferDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:39 PM   #375
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Quote:
I great song doesn't compensate for a ****ty file. I'll check it out now.
lol, well the file isnt s***ty, I find it quite fun.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:23 AM   #376
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 View Post
lol, well the file isnt s***ty, I find it quite fun.
Quote:
Two Weeks - rejected - The offset is way off, those ARE NOT 12th drum bursts in the intro, the main solo has too many inconsistencies, and I didn't bother to look any further cuz that's enough for me to reject this.
It hurt me to play it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulferDragon View Post

Euphoric Dream - Accepted - I'm going against N.T.M. on this one and definitely accepting it. I love it!
Don't even remember that file. I'll go back and see what I said ^_^.

Quote:

Valkyries - Accepted with some tweaks - Some of the layering is questionable, but I really don't have many problems with this. I might accept it if N.T.M. didn't dislike it. Also, most of your files still have gap issues.
The pitch inconsistencies don't gnaw at the back of your mind?! hmm =/

Christopher Hitchens

Last edited by N.T.M.; 08-30-2009 at 03:28 AM..
Old 08-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #377
Joe D
FFR Player

glad to c this pack aint dead
Old 08-30-2009, 11:25 AM   #378
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches

Quote:

Two Weeks - Accepted with some tweaks - As far as I could tell, the things N.T.M. pointed out are the only errors. They're minor enough for me to accept it, but I'd prefer to see them fixed. We do need some more overstepped stuff in this pack though.
All that matters N.T.M. :P
Old 08-30-2009, 03:19 PM   #379
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon

Quote:
The pitch inconsistencies don't gnaw at the back of your mind?! hmm =/
I guess maybe a little. You know I don't like to complain about pitch errors though. I'm also not sure if he even knows how to make patterns pitch relevant. I've never seen PR patterns in his files.

+ this:

Heretics & Killers - accep - Didn't you submit this to XOON?

SulferDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:38 PM   #380
Joe D
FFR Player

no.Charlo lacks Pitch Relevancy

PS.How many songs are in the pack already?

Last edited by Joe D; 08-30-2009 at 03:41 PM..