Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #1
LordTyriel
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to LordTyriel
Default Could Gundams Be real? O.O

Now, I bet your wondering "OH dang its another one of those Gundam Freaks! Whats a Freakin Loser!" Well I assure you this is no joke. I obviously mean this as a literal question, could Gundams Potentially be real?

Lets take this Image as a example. You might be thinking "oh it looks so real!" Well duh it does but yet its NOT real. Now think about it, if we could make such machines don't you think it would be to powerful to withstand using it all the time? I mean think, a weapon that could kill ANYTHING! Almost like a tank can or a bomber, yet all those combined and more! Now I know for a fact we could make these due to the fact that we have the power. yes the power, but to put it all into these things? Id doubt highly. you'd use lots and lots of equipment and fuel in order to make this baby work. plus, if we could make these Gundams we could have use for our military finally. If you think about it, you would think that No it would not work out, but think of it in a positive way and give me your ideas.

Now, lets take this anime image.

Yes it is in anime form, but think, this is more like what we could POSSIBLY make. I would say we could make gundams from Gundam SEED but you can't, Obviously because of the fact that those are more sophisticated and more High-Tech I mean you can't make a Mobile Suit that can maneuver as fast as a human can when our own computers aren't even that fast yet. Heck we can't even make Androids that can do that yet (were close).

But seriously, could Gundams be real? Whats it your thought.

Last edited by LordTyriel; 05-21-2008 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: Needed more info.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:53 PM   #2
fido123
FFR Player

Default Re: Could Gundams Be real? O.O

Fictional fiction is fiction and seriously...come on...COME ON!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:54 PM   #3
LordTyriel
FFR Player

Obviously you didn't read it good enough. yes fiction is fictions, which is why im saying this is possible due to the technology we have in storage that we are NOT using! We can make moving humans, we can go to mars and the moon. Whats stopping us from making Mobile Suits? Or Gundams? Seriously think about it!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:56 PM   #4
JKPolk
tool

Send a message via AIM to JKPolk Send a message via Skype™ to JKPolk

The thing that's stopping us is practicality. We have much better weapons that fit in much smaller spaces, and much better tools that are much more specialized. There's no purpose in spending the money for a behemoth like this for no practical reason.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:57 PM   #5
fido123
FFR Player

It would cost trillions of dollars. A better thread idea would be about advancements in robotics rather than "R GUNDAMZ 4 REAL?"

Last edited by fido123; 05-21-2008 at 09:00 PM..
Old 05-21-2008, 09:00 PM   #6
LordTyriel
FFR Player

the rate were at with Iraq and all these other nations that have been retaliating, we need these sort of machines to end this stupid civil war in Iraq. If anything, tanks MAY due, but they keep blowing themselves up what would we use eventually? Plus, in case there is ever another World War, what other utilities could we use? and even if, what if we advance in technology? we could make these in order to go through space and beyond depending on the technological aspects in it. Like I said, the one mobile suit 9The last picture) Looks more like what we could make.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:00 PM   #7
ShAiOnEi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ShAiOnEi Send a message via Yahoo to ShAiOnEi

We don't need gundams, We got the airforce.

Epic thread killer
Old 05-21-2008, 09:04 PM   #8
fido123
FFR Player

On the topic of advancements in robotics:

I think that the future of weapons is pretty much going to be unmanned scouting machines and missiles that are able to take out units of all kinds. Building giant human like machines with large guns is impractical and it would really be better off to have smaller less expensive things that won't be taken out by a simple missile.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:06 PM   #9
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.
Send a message via AIM to Xx{Midday}xX Send a message via MSN to Xx{Midday}xX

I'm not too fond of Gundams, so I'll try a different mecha concept: Eva Pilots

To those of you who don't know the anime, Evangelion, Evas are mechas that synchronize the biological wave of the pilot with the mechanics of the energy needed for the operation of the mecha itself. The higher the synchronization rate, the greater the efficiency of it's utilization. If synchronization falls short of about 40%, the Eva will not function properly.

The idea of biotic/abiotic synchronization has popped up, not only in mecha anime, but in many fictional stories regarding the "linked" usage of various non-living weaponry. Many animes give interesting theories as to how such a "link" can be artificially constructed, but probably the most realistic would be the integration of the abiotic unit in the biotic host. This involves discovering the intricate system of the neuron and it's complicated form of communication. Once the nervous system can be expanded/contracted, created/destroyed willfully by some sort of surgery, humans can adapt to incorporating a foreign abiotic element in their homeostatic bodily system.

This idea plays off the fact that the nervous system has to be completely understood. A cure for the paraplegic/quadraplegic would be the ultimate revolution to the origins of this idea. By being able to revive the nerves of a disconnected body part, the creation of the neuron may surface. By integrating neurons into abiotic factors, a "link" will allow the central nervous system to control the abiotic factor like a normal body part. This can cause the creation of an infinite amount of accessories to the human body.

As for how close in reality we are to the answer: not quite. The neuron obviously cannot be revived or reconnected, once it has been dislodged from the central nervous system. Quadraplegics/paraplegics will remain in those states with today's technology. The creation of a neuron from DNA research may be the key to solving this problem.

=) My imagination at its greatest. =) I tried to answer this question in the most creative way I could think of.

I'm not sure how many ninjas will pass me here, I took quite a while gathering my thoughts. I guess 5. =)

EDIT: yep: 5 ninjas. =)

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)

Last edited by Xx{Midday}xX; 05-21-2008 at 09:17 PM..
Old 05-21-2008, 09:06 PM   #10
Sir_Thomas
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

UH, are you kidding? If someone sent anything looking like a gundam at a city, it would be bombarded with missles/ nukes if needed. Sorry; and if somehow we had something that could stop a nukek from totally crushing it; it would be better used on something smaller and more effecient. The same reason we wouldnt use a giant behomoth-like machine in Iraq is the same reason we wouldnt just throw a nuke at it. You cant control who does as easily. A giant ass robot is no where near needed in iraq. Any target we need to take out; we have thet airforce to send giant ass missles.

Seriously?
Old 05-21-2008, 09:15 PM   #11
LordTyriel
FFR Player

You are correct in a way about the Eva's. You could somewhat make that work yet you would need a lot of people working on it and having something thats called "Adam" is pretty much impossible. And if anything it could be used in a manner that is just purely impossible.

Also I said "What if" So please don't take this as a "Oh this guys a gundam freak" this is just a thought, nothing more.

Advanced Robotics: Id have to say your right in a way and yet not right. As I said, what if we do have a 2nd world, War?! We won't have the man power because China has it right now, they have the largest Military in the world! If anything we would need to defend ourselves. And what do we have now? The air force yes, but thats not going to do well against there anti-aircraft guns and there air force. We would need something more powerful! That is why Id have to say it would be useful to have something like a gundam. Maybe not AS big, but something like it, something powerful like it yet not so huge maybe. Think! The power!

Last edited by LordTyriel; 05-21-2008 at 09:21 PM..
Old 05-21-2008, 09:19 PM   #12
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTyriel View Post
You are correct in a way about the Eva's. You could somewhat make that work yet you would need a lot of people working on it and having something thats called "Adam" is pretty much impossible. And if anything it could be used in a manner that is just purely impossible.

2rd
ROFL 2rd...

I'm not talking about the philosophical retrospect of the evolution of mankind. If you remember, Adam and Lilith were the origins of the Angels. Not the Evas.

Also, if you plan to do critical thinking, I'd advise you to keep your grammar and spelling intact. It doesn't look good without them. =/ Typos happen, but keep them at a minimum.

Battle suits aren't the only areas of technological advancement. I'm sure there are more... just can't place my mind on some of them... I remember Rift Boards from Eureka 7. =)

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)

Last edited by Xx{Midday}xX; 05-21-2008 at 09:23 PM..
Old 05-21-2008, 09:27 PM   #13
LordTyriel
FFR Player

I am truly sorry for that. I am a critical thinker myself, I do make some grammatical mistakes, sometimes, therefore I have people like you to tell me these ideals so I can work on it.

Anyways, even if, your idea seems a little off due to the fact that technology isin't about finding origins of angels, we'd use the power from what we make through the technological advancements in, of course science. For examples making Robots. Yes we are working on that, yet we are also Not quite there yet. I would also suspect that we could advance in a way that we could clone people. Which we can yet is illegal. Id say cloning is a fabulous idea because then we could use them as something else instead of us humans. I am not trying to say clones aren't human but they are specimens.

Other than that, I'd still say using what we have we could make something so amazing and technological that the whole world would look at us for once and be like "Omg that is freakin awesome!" Just like Microsoft did in making "Windows". If we can make these "Things" we could possible have more people come to the country and more people means more money for the economy. This is merely a thought might I add.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:31 PM   #14
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Oh, I thought we were strictly talking about the possibilities of battle suits. =/

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Old 05-21-2008, 09:31 PM   #15
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

That looks kind of like a full scale version of ASIMO, Honda's robotics project.

Like Polk said though, it's really not practical to have a walking weapons machine like that. Not only is it impractical with respect to budget, because something like this is surely more costly than any weapons program we are currently running, but also maintenance and weapons capability.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:32 PM   #16
purebloodtexan
FFR Player

Location: In front of the speakers, banging my head until I get a nosebleed.
Send a message via AIM to purebloodtexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Thomas View Post
UH, are you kidding? If someone sent anything looking like a gundam at a city, it would be bombarded with missles/ nukes if needed. Sorry; and if somehow we had something that could stop a nukek from totally crushing it; it would be better used on something smaller and more effecient. The same reason we wouldnt use a giant behomoth-like machine in Iraq is the same reason we wouldnt just throw a nuke at it. You cant control who does as easily. A giant ass robot is no where near needed in iraq. Any target we need to take out; we have thet airforce to send giant ass missles.

Seriously?
Seconded. Giant robots are anything but stealthy and stick out like a sore thumb. I think that we'll stick to infantry and armed vehicles.

Also note that a lot (although not all) of the battles in the Middle East seem to be street warfare. Not only would the robots be ineffective in this situation, but would cause a lot of civilian and innocent casualties, which goes against U.N. laws.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:40 PM   #17
ShAiOnEi
FFR Player

Quote:
I am truly sorry for that. I am a critical thinker myself, I do make some grammatical mistakes, sometimes, therefore I have people like you to tell me these ideals so I can work on it.

Anyways, even if, your idea seems a little off due to the fact that technology isin't about finding origins of angels, we'd use the power from what we make through the technological advancements in, of course science. For examples making Robots. Yes we are working on that, yet we are also Not quite there yet. I would also suspect that we could advance in a way that we could clone people. Which we can yet is illegal. Id say cloning is a fabulous idea because then we could use them as something else instead of us humans. I am not trying to say clones aren't human but they are specimens.

Other than that, I'd still say using what we have we could make something so amazing and technological that the whole world would look at us for once and be like "Omg that is freakin awesome!" Just like Microsoft did in making "Windows". If we can make these "Things" we could possible have more people come to the country and more people means more money for the economy. This is merely a thought might I add.
So you're suggesting that clones' should fight our battles because they're lives won't be valued? I mean clones aren't actual human beings with emotions am I right? How about I create a specimen of you and then send you into war with a bomb strapped to your ass? Don't tell me that's what not what you meant because if you think about it you're talking about sacrificing lives so you don't have to sacrifice lives.

Epic thread killer

Last edited by ShAiOnEi; 05-21-2008 at 09:45 PM..
Old 05-21-2008, 09:58 PM   #18
LordTyriel
FFR Player

As I said. Clones aren't normal Human beings. think about it, yes they may be born the same way and made in the same way as humans, yet they are not the same as us due to them being "Clones" Therefore "Made" Therefore being a 'Specimen" I wouldn't care if you made a clone of me and blowing me up, Its not "Me" Its a 'Clone" Therefore it is merely like a Robot. It is made and eventually decays and dies. That is not, sadly, what I was trying to get to in my subject here.

I am trying to say that using them to pilot what we would use as "Mobile Suits" would give us a better chance of success and therefore not killing a "Life" but yet a 'Clones life". Also, I am not saying we should use HUGE Mobile Suits. That is why I pointed out it not being so Huge. Maybe you should make medium ones sorta of the size of maybe a apartment Building. And yes it may be like a sore thumb, yet if we equip it with thrusters or should I say, "Rocket-like Thrusters" they could move faster and probably be able to move faster so we can maybe dodge the enemies attacks. This is merely an idea.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #19
ShAiOnEi
FFR Player

Quote:
As I said. Clones aren't normal Human beings. think about it, yes they may be born the same way and made in the same way as humans, yet they are not the same as us due to them being "Clones" Therefore "Made" Therefore being a 'Specimen" I wouldn't care if you made a clone of me and blowing me up, Its not "Me" Its a 'Clone" Therefore it is merely like a Robot. It is made and eventually decays and dies. That is not, sadly, what I was trying to get to in my subject here.

I am trying to say that using them to pilot what we would use as "Mobile Suits" would give us a better chance of success and therefore not killing a "Life" but yet a 'Clones life". Also, I am not saying we should use HUGE Mobile Suits. That is why I pointed out it not being so Huge. Maybe you should make medium ones sorta of the size of maybe a apartment Building. And yes it may be like a sore thumb, yet if we equip it with thrusters or should I say, "Rocket-like Thrusters" they could move faster and probably be able to move faster so we can maybe dodge the enemies attacks. This is merely an idea.
Explain to me how a clone is merely like a robot.

Epic thread killer
Old 05-21-2008, 10:02 PM   #20
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'm under the conviction that a life is a life no matter what form it takes, and I think a lot of other people are too.

Last edited by foilman8805; 05-21-2008 at 10:18 PM..
Closed Thread