Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-6-2007, 10:18 AM   #41
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik
Default Re: FFR vets: how did you come across this site?

I started playing DDR really late into 1999 when a local place got a DDR 1.5 cabinet. When I was in college toward the end of 2001, I was really bored in the computer lab and had remembered this DDR game on newgrounds.com that was in Flash. It was horrible, but, yeah, I was really bored. I couldn't find it initially on newgrounds, but after a couple of searches, the xqsite link showed up and it took me to FFR. I basically spent the rest of the semester battling DuckNoodleSoup for the number one scores on the songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar
Naruto Vs Math Class. That has got to be the funniest choice you'll ever make in your life dude.
nestlekwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2007, 10:51 AM   #42
dawg4321
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dawg4321

I discovered FFR from my sister's boyfriend back in middle of 04. I guess i've actually been here quite a while. I quit for about a year because i never really got better. Starting playing again, got really bored with it and was about to quit again but I decided to humor myself and try spread and the rest you can figure out.

dawg4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2007, 11:08 AM   #43
Windscarredfaith
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ watermelon
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Windscarredfaith Send a message via MSN to Windscarredfaith

I was into DDR long ago, and then I found FFR on bored.com. I figured it'd be easier than playing with feet, so I tried it out. First song: Breaking the Common. Ah, good times.
Old 01-6-2007, 11:16 AM   #44
Pichu_XP
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Pichu_XP

A bunch of seniors were playing this at school. Got interested then.
Old 01-6-2007, 11:25 AM   #45
Sneakyfeet
FFR Player

Back in the summer, i was bored and searched for games. I ended up playing that "Ollie's Dance Adventure" and I said, "This game sucks! I want a real DDR simulator!" I then searched for DDR simulators and found this site.

(I've had an account before this one)
Sneakyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2007, 11:33 AM   #46
Triplex72
CUSTOMIZED
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Triplex72 Send a message via MSN to Triplex72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Friend showed it to me while I was visiting him.
Same.
connect 216.246.109.6:27015

Triplex72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2007, 11:36 AM   #47
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Google
Old 01-6-2007, 11:48 AM   #48
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Typical story. In Nov of 03 I google'd DDR Simulators and this came up immediately. Played it for a day, forgot it. Remembered in April of 04, made Tps22, went into negative credits and messaged a certain "Tasselfoot" about it, to which he immediately pointed out my error and stupidity. Needed to remake an account, didn't feel like it, and left.

Re-rediscovered it in Nov of 04, browsed the forums by accident, and came across an experimentation of TWG (Back when it was fun and all the cool people played. Not that it isn't cool now, but it's just not the same(No, it's not because you don't play anymore Tass) ). Got hooked into that, and just went from there.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2007, 01:46 PM   #49
1337h4xz0r
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Sittin in my 9th grade Microsoft Word class (oh you have no idea how fun that was) and a friend and i were talkin about DDR, then we just looked up ddr and found this and Stepmania, since i couldn't download in the class i chose this =)

1337h4xz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2007, 01:50 PM   #50
BLAZZE-
Banned

Back in Early March, me and a few other kids were hanging outat my friends house playing ps2. "Indyownz" put in DDR and started playing it on the controller. Then my friend "TC_psycho" played and failed butterfly or something. Then Indyownz went on the computer and showed us FFR. I went on and played "This Beat Is For Tha Streets!" I played it one handed. Then Indy went on to tell me that the "all of the pro's" play two handed. He showed me how to played two handed and i've been playing ever since.
BLAZZE- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2007, 02:02 PM   #51
TD_Hustla
Banned

Send a message via AIM to TD_Hustla Send a message via MSN to TD_Hustla Send a message via Skype™ to TD_Hustla

I came across this site about a year ago when my friend was at my house.I played ALOT of DDR and just found out about stepmania around that time.My friend show'd me the site and i watched him play Beethoven Virus.I was like ''hmm this looks promising''.I started playing a few weeks after i seen that and was hooked.But around these days all i do is play ITG/DDR and SM(when im home).FFR has lost some of its excitement but im planning a return to FFR soon enough.
TD_Hustla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2007, 02:02 PM   #52
dsadsadsa
Take out the D and S.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dsadsadsa Send a message via MSN to dsadsadsa

I can't remember

It was almost 3 years ago.

I think I might have accidentaly googled it.
Old 01-6-2007, 03:05 PM   #53
iPatcH
Swamp Lemons Rule
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iPatcH

arch0wl.com lol

I have an older account from 2003 (meso_man or whatever) and I occasionally login to it from time to time.

Last edited by iPatcH; 01-6-2007 at 03:10 PM..
iPatcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2007, 07:14 PM   #54
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GamerShadow

A friend showed me a song, and I thought it was sick. I joined, and got into it after whoring beethoven Virus for a day. I got up to a 25 combo. XD
Old 01-6-2007, 08:14 PM   #55
Lokfable
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I was into DDR quite a bit around September 2005, bought DDR for xbox, then remembered one day while on the computer that I had stumbled across a DDR-type site (this one) a year or two before. After some quick googling, I found it, and kept at it since then.
Old 01-6-2007, 08:34 PM   #56
chickendude
Away from Computer
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to chickendude

way back in like March 2002, my friend showed me this game (I was in 6th grade)

my friend's older brother loved to find new stuff like this on the internet

I promptly forgot about it and then came back around August 2003 (I don't remember exactly what prompted me), but I remember that started playing again right near the end of first mix. I miss that interface XD. When 2nd mix was made, I had to make an account, so that's when chickendude was born.

I played a bunch, but then my laptop's fan broke. I had to pretty much cut my time down to almost nothing. That's when I started browsing the forums more (around april 2005)

then around November 2005 I got my desktop (thanksgiving sale)
and that's when I started to get crazy (2nd half of my games played have been in the last year)
Old 01-6-2007, 08:37 PM   #57
Pyroshock
ε=-dΦ/dt
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Pyroshock

Back when I was in 5th grade (in 2002) my friend was singing the Zelda remix and I was like "woah where'd you hear that" and he told me to go here. I played a bit, but didn't actually make an account until 2003 (g0ldenSun11), then later I got sick of that name and made this account.
Pyroshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2007, 08:38 PM   #58
monkeygurl123
FFR Player

my cousin found it somewhere i don' tknow where though..... and they told me that they had found this really cool new game site. They showed me it and I tried it out. I then decided to get a member ship and here I am over a year later and happy as ever
monkeygurl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2007, 08:41 PM   #59
ape0
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasticone View Post
Searched DDR on Wikipedia and I found a page for FFR and then used a link.
same way i found it, even though im not a vet.
Old 01-6-2007, 08:41 PM   #60
akorn
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to akorn

You ask of how I came across this site.. be warned that it is a tale of lies and deceit, the implications of which will rock the very foundations of your soul /spooky voice

So there I was waiting at Salvador, Brazil, waiting for the flight back home from my senior trip. Seeing as I still had some reais (the local currency) in my pocket, I decided to burn them away at the arcade room with a couple of friends, trying whatever neolithical games they still had at a place like that.

So after shooting around Metal Slug and getting my ass kicked in Street Fighter, I noticed a weird looking game with blaring music, flashing lights and some sort of pad with diagonal arrows. Intrigued, I inspected it for a while until a group of brazilian girls stepped up to the pads and started playing this mysterious game called "Pump It Up".

After a couple of rounds, I had figured out the basic premise of the game and, because she noticed my interest on the game, the girl who was playing invited me to get up on the pad and play versus her. Now, on normal circumstances this would have been a very appealing proposal, but for the fact that this was a group of 3 teenage brazilian girls going around alone at an airport at 3 AM, wearing full makeup, short skirts, and being overly nice to tourists. Naturally suspicious as of their real occupation, I declined their offer and watched them walk away, quite abashed, and (/cheer!) leaving 1 credit on the PIU machine.

Needless to say, I failed miserably on both the rounds I played, and, seeing as my plane back home had started boarding, walked away from the arcade center and enjoyed a nice 8 hour flight back, which included some film about a dog playing football.

Back home, I thought that there had to be some kind of dance simulator game for PCs, and probably a online one at that, so I googled "dance simulator online", quickly found out about DDR, googled "DDR online" and there it was:
FFR, Flash Flash Revolution