Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2010, 10:59 AM   #21
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: POKEMON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrig0v View Post
I was crazy for it in the beggining, I had so many cards, I watched the anime and spent many hours playing the games. I knew the names of all the 150 pokemons in order lol. Good times... Although it finished quickly (in like 2 years).
The aging/maturing process is a bitch. <3 pokemonsss

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:18 AM   #22
KotHN
FFR's Resident President
FFR Veteran

Honestly, I'm pretty apathetic about Black and White. I've got an amazing list of supposed "Fifth Generation Pokemon" which got me really excited for them. Lots of evolutions for older pokemon, completing most sets, but new ones too. 99% percent of them looked really awesome.

Then when the actual new pokemon appeared, and they looked dumb, and they're all completely new, I don't even want the game anymore
KotHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #23
xealix
One Among The Fence
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to xealix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogsworth View Post
Pokemon is still a decent mix of simplicity and depth, and this is coming from someone who's been playing since R/B. It might be because I've grown up with the battle system, but I feel like it's about as deep as you make it. In-game, yes, the battle system is easy to abuse. There's never any formidable challenge unless you decide to go for the extraneous bollocks at the end (Pokemon almost always has the best post-game content of any series), but once you get into multiplayer, you start to appreciate its nuances even more. Maybe I'm just the type of person who appreciates something like a Shuckle with a Wide Lens attached and a moveset consisting of Wrap, Toxic, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock.

Triple battles appear to be slightly more strategic than before, partially due to positioning being key in strategizing. Not to mention the fact that there are interesting moves that coincide with triple battles, such as ElecNet; I hope this style of battle takes off in competitive play, it seems like implementation in the standard game is lacking.
I am not saying that they have not slightly improved it since R/B. Since they added random lvl stats due random personalities within each Pokemon you catch the game has gotten far more customizable for players who really like to customize their team to the best of their knowledge, and even though we complain about the new Pokemon the addition of more makes the game further customizable to people who like different stat ranges. Online trading and battling, Brought the game to a completely new level. All I am saying is that battles will always tend to be weighted to higher levels due to the simple battle system. I almost find it more fun to just play offline until I can reach level 50-100 with an entire team.

I will use musical lyrics for my siggy.
"In the cradle we are helpless, but on our feet we are fatal" - The Dear Hunter
xealix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:52 AM   #24
D!LL
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to D!LL Send a message via MSN to D!LL Send a message via Yahoo to D!LL Send a message via Skype™ to D!LL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KotHN View Post
Honestly, I'm pretty apathetic about Black and White. I've got an amazing list of supposed "Fifth Generation Pokemon" which got me really excited for them. Lots of evolutions for older pokemon, completing most sets, but new ones too. 99% percent of them looked really awesome.

Then when the actual new pokemon appeared, and they looked dumb, and they're all completely new, I don't even want the game anymore
I wouldn't say they're all stupid looking. The legendaries are pretty sweet. But alas. I can't say I was expecting much. This is their FIFTH generation.
Z͙̖̠̆̊͌̊ȧ̞̟̀ͫͬ͂̂l̰̊ͧͤġ͉͉̣̟̠̘̐̾ő̟̜͙ͬ̃̆͂͌́ͬͅ.͙͙̲̠̘͖̪ͤͅ ̪̘͙̣̃̂̂̅̽ͯ̒ͅH̯͉̰̩̪̐͌͛ͬẹ͐ ͚͔͙ͩ̿̈ͅw͚̹̯̰̫͛̔̈́̾h͉̦̬̪͈͈̜̟ͧ͆̆ͩ̿̇o̳͔̩̯͕ͦ̿ͨ̇ͤͮ̔̚ ͙̫̙͈͊̾͊ͧͫ̓̋W̳̣̲͙̞̏̓a͓̩͕̭̜ͨͪ̍̿͐i̗̞͍̟̦͋ṯ͙̗͔̹͓̑̈́ͅͅs̠̖̩̝̜̟̓͂̏ͣͩ ̘̭̪͔͒̅ͩ̌̅̈̈B̺̹̙̩͖͍̣͇̲̏ë̼̹̘͙̣̹́̅ͅḧ͍͓͖́͐i̝̪͉̺͓̝ͣ̐̃̓͊̀̉n̯͎̺̰̜͙̖̖̒̉͛ͣ̏̑d̞̤͇͌̓ ̝͙͎̹̭̻͙̪̂̃ͥ̏T͚͎̰͇̦̳̓̓̔h̲̘̼̪̺̙̲͂ͪ̾ͮ͛ͩ̍̎e͉͔̩̝͖̎ ̣͂͐W̩͇͈̦̭̠̺̖ͮ̆̒̍â̟̻ͦl̞̮̖̘̥͙͒̈́̍̍l̹̥̠͕͗̆ͧ͗ͤ̉̍.͓̗̣͉͍̤͉͍ͪ͂͊̈͑ͦ͑ͧͅ
D!LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:20 AM   #25
xealix
One Among The Fence
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to xealix

The Legendary Pokemon look ****ING BADASS! word.

Edit: V- that

I will use musical lyrics for my siggy.
"In the cradle we are helpless, but on our feet we are fatal" - The Dear Hunter

Last edited by xealix; 10-26-2010 at 12:46 PM..
xealix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #26
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

Red and Blue came out when I was in 7th grade and became an obsession among my friends. We had sleepovers where we battled pokemon all night with VHS tapes of the horrible anime playing on the TV. We even made up a gym badge and battled each other to decide who should be the leader. When we got to 8th grade we actually had a fair amount of people challenge us for our gym badge. We were an ice gym so we stipulated no more than two pokemon. My friend Josh, the leader (who beat me in our finals :<) got so mad at me because nobody ever beat me to get to him. My Jynx and Lapras were just too godly.

I played FR/LG in recent years to relive the nostalgia. It's definitely an improvement over the old games. I always liked the original world the best so FR/LG is definitely my favorite generation.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #27
D!LL
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to D!LL Send a message via MSN to D!LL Send a message via Yahoo to D!LL Send a message via Skype™ to D!LL

That honestly sounds liek awesome.
Z͙̖̠̆̊͌̊ȧ̞̟̀ͫͬ͂̂l̰̊ͧͤġ͉͉̣̟̠̘̐̾ő̟̜͙ͬ̃̆͂͌́ͬͅ.͙͙̲̠̘͖̪ͤͅ ̪̘͙̣̃̂̂̅̽ͯ̒ͅH̯͉̰̩̪̐͌͛ͬẹ͐ ͚͔͙ͩ̿̈ͅw͚̹̯̰̫͛̔̈́̾h͉̦̬̪͈͈̜̟ͧ͆̆ͩ̿̇o̳͔̩̯͕ͦ̿ͨ̇ͤͮ̔̚ ͙̫̙͈͊̾͊ͧͫ̓̋W̳̣̲͙̞̏̓a͓̩͕̭̜ͨͪ̍̿͐i̗̞͍̟̦͋ṯ͙̗͔̹͓̑̈́ͅͅs̠̖̩̝̜̟̓͂̏ͣͩ ̘̭̪͔͒̅ͩ̌̅̈̈B̺̹̙̩͖͍̣͇̲̏ë̼̹̘͙̣̹́̅ͅḧ͍͓͖́͐i̝̪͉̺͓̝ͣ̐̃̓͊̀̉n̯͎̺̰̜͙̖̖̒̉͛ͣ̏̑d̞̤͇͌̓ ̝͙͎̹̭̻͙̪̂̃ͥ̏T͚͎̰͇̦̳̓̓̔h̲̘̼̪̺̙̲͂ͪ̾ͮ͛ͩ̍̎e͉͔̩̝͖̎ ̣͂͐W̩͇͈̦̭̠̺̖ͮ̆̒̍â̟̻ͦl̞̮̖̘̥͙͒̈́̍̍l̹̥̠͕͗̆ͧ͗ͤ̉̍.͓̗̣͉͍̤͉͍ͪ͂͊̈͑ͦ͑ͧͅ
Old 10-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #28
welsh_girl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to welsh_girl Send a message via MSN to welsh_girl

There will only ever truely be 150 (+1) Pokemon in my eyes.

Yellow was my favourite and I'm currently playing Sould Silver on my DSi and take my Pokewalker with me everywhere coz I'm sad.
welsh_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #29
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh_girl View Post
There will only ever truely be 150 (+1) Pokemon in my eyes.

Yellow was my favourite and I'm currently playing Sould Silver on my DSi and take my Pokewalker with me everywhere coz I'm sad.
Always 151.
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:48 PM   #30
Prime8
Awwwwwww!
FFR Veteran

I think the last Pokemon game I played was Crystal. Not really up to speed on all these new Pokemon and shiz.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:55 PM   #31
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

pokemon snap will always and forever be the best non gb pokemon game ever ever
Old 10-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #32
Prime8
Awwwwwww!
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
The truth.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #33
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigly View Post
What signature?
Get ready to add another 156 more.

I've always played that games, but only bought my first one when I got Platinum. I'm just not looking forward to that stupid little touch game you have to play when swapping your Gen IV Pokémon to Gen V considering I own 456 (Pokédex actually says 460) and there's still the 28 Unown, so I'm swapping over 484. Divide that by 6, And I have to play that retarded game 81 times. But I'm going to because I'm an addict. And because I'm obsessive like that.
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:01 AM   #34
welsh_girl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to welsh_girl Send a message via MSN to welsh_girl

Quote:
Oh ****. This. Game. Was. EPIC.
welsh_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #35
D!LL
FFR Player

Quote:
Aint it the truth?

Stadium was fun too.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:38 PM   #36
Silver_Brian
¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(o_°)/¯
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Soulsilver is where I'm ending the line. I already played through red, yellow, silver, crystal, sapphire and platinum.

Also caught my first feebas in sapphire last night 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master
i now have another excuse to grow a dick
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFishRevolution View Post
"i've seen your little boy's penis"
Silver_Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:46 PM   #37
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

I still play the new ones as they come out, but as a new game each time. I try not to think of the original awesomeness from the first two generations to avoid being disappointed from the new versions.

I still have all my cards also. Play every wednesday night.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #38
Staiain
Can't handle my ÆØÅ
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Staiain Send a message via MSN to Staiain Send a message via Skype™ to Staiain

I play the new games as they are released, but after beating the elite four I usually get bored, so it's like hmm a month or so with fun. Also I think I have remembered to download stuff whenever there's an nintendo event. I used to play more when I was younger, I think I completed the dex on my silver, and was 4 short on ruby, now I don't care about that anymore though, I just enjoy the story as long as it lasts.

Also, pokemon colosseum and pokemon xd is really fun to play, too bad they didn't make a rpg in the battle revolution, or else i would buy the game.
Staiain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:43 PM   #39
D!LL
FFR Player

My friends play the more recent ones. I haven't played since silver. But I've been meaning to get back into it.

But yeah, each new game is a new experience. Can't think compare it to the ones before or you could be disappointed. Each one was a great game on their own, but when compared to themselves, it's not a fair assessment.