Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 11:29 PM   #141
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Pack in Progress: QED Anime Stepfiles 33-64

Quote:
comparing the value between a rock and a diamond
the rock being a normal everyday rock you would find outside but that doesn't really have any significance to the point I tried to make (if that clears anything up for you).

Everyone has their own stepping styles and opinions so I can see where you're coming from. Don't take my post too personally. You're a step artist that continues to spend time and effort making step files. As long as people play your files and enjoy them, that's all that really matters. Continue making files, etc.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Old 06-28-2009, 11:41 PM   #142
QED Stepfiles
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QED Stepfiles

Well, little do you know that I live right outside a diamond mine =).

I didn't take it personally - it's fine. I've fully accepted that my files aren't really compatible with the "tried and true" SM aesthetic that people like to use in their files, but despite that I'll continue to dare to be different, no matter what. So rest assured that I'm not offended (trust me, you'll know it when I'm offended) =).
Old 06-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #143
Cherubi
Banned

i didnt like your files very much. sorry. doesn't feel like i'm actually playing the songs.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:35 AM   #144
QED Stepfiles
FFR Player

And I'm far from expecting everyone to like and/or understand my files.

So that's perfectly fine.
Old 07-3-2009, 10:39 PM   #145
QED Stepfiles
FFR Player

Stepfile List for Anime Stepfiles 33-64 Updated:

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - [Higurashi no Naku Koro ni OP by Eiko Shimamiya]

4/7/9/11
Download Link (Bemanistyle)
Download Link (Megaupload)
Youtube Preview
Old 07-12-2009, 01:30 AM   #146
QED Stepfiles
FFR Player

QED Anime Stepfiles 33-64 and Beta Testing

I am happy to announce that the QED Anime Stepfiles 33-64 pack is now close to completion. It is currently slated for release in late August or early September.

The 33-64 pack will include 4 previously unreleased files:

Tomare! (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu)

Keikenchi Soku Joujou (Minamike Okaeri)

Issei no Sei (Natsume Yuujin Chou)

??? (???)
A surprise file that I'm sure people will be happy to see.

I will keep people updated as to how things are going with the pack.

I would also like to open up six temporary beta testing positions (in addition to my usual beta testers) for the 33-64 pack. As the 33-64 pack nears completion, it is time to reflect on old files and to revise them as necessary. To do this I will definitely need additional help.

Beta testers will have access to the beta release versions of all 32 songs (including the surprise file). I do not expect the testers to spend all day testing my files, but I do expect for them to give some time and effort into thinking critically about these files. All discussion will take place on a forum that has been set up for this purpose.

Not only does this give you the chance to directly affect some of the files you may play in the future, this is a good opportunity for those interested to refine their understanding of Stepmania, and to meet others who are interested as well. No experience with stepping files is necessary - I dont believe in over-reliance on past credentials or past accomplishments. However, you must be able to think critically about stepfiles.

To apply for one of the beta tester positions, send an email to QEDAnimeStepfiles@gmail.com, including one or two critiques of any difficulty of any file that will be included in the 33-64 pack. These shouldnt be long critiques, and can be as specific as "beat 36 needs to have an extra note, because ___ (in fact, I want them to be as specific as possible)". This is to ensure that you are able to contribute useful feedback in the discussions to follow.

Selections will be based on the quality of the critiques given. I do not have to agree with your critique, but they should give me the sense that you are able to contribute to a constructive discussion about Stepmania.

As a special note, I do need people to test non-challenge steps, especially for light and standard. I plan on revising light and standard steps to be paddable, so any critiques on when something in a light and/or standard chart is not paddable would be more than welcome.

There are no deadlines for applying, but positions will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. Once six positions are filled, no more applications will be accepted.

As always, thanks to all who play my files. I couldn't have come this far without each and every one of you.

Last edited by QED Stepfiles; 07-12-2009 at 01:35 AM..
Old 07-12-2009, 08:14 AM   #147
Dimentio
Banned

lol I'm sorry but nobody is really going to care if you haven't figured that out by you having several consecutive posts where nobody comments. you're trying too hard to make a big deal out of files that aren't that great. if you want people to play your files, and I mean an actually decent amount of people not like 4 people and your best friend, you'll have to conform to the stepping style everyone here is used to not your own steps that deliver no replay value.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:24 AM   #148
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

hi dimentio
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Old 07-12-2009, 08:26 AM   #149
moches
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
lol I'm sorry but nobody is really going to care if you haven't figured that out by you having several consecutive posts where nobody comments. you're trying too hard to make a big deal out of files that aren't that great. if you want people to play your files, and I mean an actually decent amount of people not like 4 people and your best friend, you'll have to conform to the stepping style everyone here is used to not your own steps that deliver no replay value.
unfortunately this is exactly how I could describe my originals thread

[insecurity]what am I not good enough or something [/insecurity]
Old 07-12-2009, 09:32 AM   #150
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Attempt to step to the music for 1 file. It might be good.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #151
QED Stepfiles
FFR Player

@Random Guy

(A) I'm perfectly happy with nobody responding to this thread - in fact, I don't expect anybody to respond, since this is not a pack that is open to submissions, and there is nothing here really to respond to - I am just posting my files for everybody else to play.

(B) If you haven't noticed already (and it's about high time you did), FFR is not the world - there are other sites and other communities for Stepmania. If you want to conform, go for it - with that attitude you'll probably be doing it for the rest of your life, and hey, I guess the world needs more people to conform so the people who don't can have cannon fodder to boss around. It's a beautiful system that makes the world go round.

(C) I already have 1 accepted application and 5 applications that I need to review. Go figure.

(D) Who the hell are you? You gave me a vague unconstructive comment and act like I'm actually supposed to care. Acting a little too big for your diapers, aren't you?
Old 07-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #152
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]

ffr is 60% of active stepmania players if you haven't realized
Old 07-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #153
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll

Whoa kommisar posted
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 07-12-2009, 10:35 PM   #154
QED Stepfiles
FFR Player

MMMMmmmright. Great use of statistics there without citation. I'm inclined to call your bluff, considering it's pretty near impossible to get a legit statistic for this, since a large number of people play SM without even getting close to involved in the SM communities. So please, enlighten me as to your sources and then we'll talk.

And believe it or not, 100-60=40. 40>0. (true math fact)

EDIT: Wait... on second thought I'm not even sure why I'm dignifying this with a response. FFR may take up however much of a chunk of the active SM as it pleases, but God knows that only a dozen or two people actually buy into this "GRRR OUR STEPPING STYLE MORE GOOD THAN YOURS U SUXX0RZ" point of view. So no, please spout fake statistics as much as you want - they're pretty irrelevant either way.

I apologize grievously for my failure to note this earlier in the post.

Last edited by QED Stepfiles; 07-12-2009 at 10:39 PM..
Old 07-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #155
moches
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by QED Stepfiles View Post
EDIT: Wait... on second thought I'm not even sure why I'm dignifying this with a response. FFR may take up however much of a chunk of the active SM as it pleases, but God knows that only a dozen or two people actually buy into this "GRRR OUR STEPPING STYLE MORE GOOD THAN YOURS U SUXX0RZ" point of view. So no, please spout fake statistics as much as you want - they're pretty irrelevant either way.
Keep spouting fake statistics like "a dozen or two people"...

Also can I just say that quality of stepfiles is more or less up for the player to decide
Old 07-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #156
QED Stepfiles
FFR Player

That wasn't a fake statistic - that was a consequence of my still present belief that there is still a shred of maturity and openmindedness left in humankind. So don't call it a fake statistic - you may call it a false hope though if that's what you believe.

And yes, the quality of the files is up for the players to decide. That's the entire point. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:07 PM   #157
kommisar[os]
Banned

my statistics are correct for the most part since i could tell you from active users on major stepmania sites, ffr being the largest one known. and i doubt the other 40 percent which is odi, bluexoon, stepmania.com and otaku's dream (sites that have any significance), play any of your files.

i realize im being an ass but im just sayin this isnt your crowd and bumping a thread constantly where nobody plays your file seems like a waste of your time.

Last edited by kommisar[os]; 07-12-2009 at 11:09 PM..
Old 07-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #158
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

what about people who just play random bemanistyle/stepmania/japanese/secret other community O_O files?

if you search on youtube for stepmania set to newest sort you see all kinds of files you don't know anything about
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Old 07-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #159
QED Stepfiles
FFR Player

Still no citation, still no soup for you.

Me: I think I need a citation for this statistic. I don't believe it otherwise.

Other Guy: It's correct for the most part. Definitely.

Well, I counter you. I say that only .00000001% of people who play stepmania are on FFR. I refuse to give you any citation. Hah. I win.

For the sake of academic curiosity, haven't you ever written a paper for.... well, anything?

In any case, if you realize you're being an ass then at least we've made a minuscule amount of progress. We might have a civil conversation yet. Thanks.

But for God's sake, it's not a waste of my time, and if you can't understand that despite everything I've said then please just stop posting on this thread. If anything, all these posts you keep on making are a waste of your precious, precious time. So please, stop wasting so much precious, precious, valuable time on poor, pitiful little me and just leave me in peace. Continue doing what you do, but just not on here, since it isn't going anywhere but in one ear and out the other.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #160
kommisar[os]
Banned

oh yeah bms lmao. but nobody really plays sm there compared to other bemani games.

pretty sure we could get jimerax to investigate secret wap stepman communities
Closed Thread