Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do You Like Anime?
Yes. 160 81.63%
No.(Please post your favorate show and specific reasons as to why you like it so much) 36 18.37%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #121
-Yukari-
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Do You Like Anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midday}xX View Post
Usually, cggames -> anime are better than cggames -> manga. But yes, for the most part, the manga is the original. Hence the manga is better.
Isn't the manga the stuff you have to read? =/
So anyways i was thinking, what if a single miss didn't stop your combo? Instead, your combo kept going until 2 consecutive misses were made. I think this would provide a more realistic ranking system, and eliminate a lot of mashing.
-Yukari- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #122
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.
Send a message via AIM to Xx{Midday}xX Send a message via MSN to Xx{Midday}xX

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Yukari- View Post
Isn't the manga the stuff you have to read? =/
What.

Yes, mangas/lightnovels are the books. The stuff you have to read. I don't see what you're confused about...

Manga/lightnovel=book
Anime=TV
cggame=computer book

Most animes have manga/lightnovel or cggame as the origin. There are a few exceptions. The author for Shigofumi states that the anime was the original story, despite the fact that the lightnovel was released first.

By cggame -> manga, I meant how the cggame was converted into manga. CLANNAD was a cggame that was converted into both an anime and a manga. The cggame is obviously the best form of CLANNAD, but next best is the anime form, and not the manga form. Hence, cggame->anime is better than cggame->manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
EDIT: wtf bump?
Bumping this is smarter than making another one for Squeek to lock.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)

Last edited by Xx{Midday}xX; 08-10-2008 at 08:07 PM..
Xx{Midday}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:27 PM   #123
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

Quote:
\the manga is the original. Hence the manga is better.
That doesn't really make any sense at all.

Despite that, I do find that an anime adaption is not usually as good as its source material.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:32 PM   #124
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
That doesn't really make any sense at all.
The original is usually better, yet less known than its succeeding adaptations, primarily because the succeeding adaptations were created to publicize the original in the most profitable way possible. Hence, most anime adaptations of source mangas are cheap remakes that are meant to rake in money.

By cheap remake, I mean cut stories, unrecognized themes/morals, sometimes terrible quality pictures, etc. However, it's enough to earn quite a bit of money.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Old 08-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #125
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

Quote:
The original is usually better, yet less known than its succeeding adaptations, primarily because the succeeding adaptations were created to publicize the original in the most profitable way possible. Hence, most anime adaptations of source mangas are cheap remakes that are meant to rake in money.

By cheap remake, I mean cut stories, unrecognized themes/morals, sometimes terrible quality pictures, etc. However, it's enough to earn quite a bit of money.
Oh, okay, that reasoning sounds alright to me. I thought you were simply biased towards the original format just because it was the original format.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:34 PM   #126
XxXMetalheadXxX
Lack of faith=disturbing
FFR Veteran

Ehhh, I don't care much for anime. I watched some and I didn't like it all that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Ormix View Post
n ordR 2 ayayay song on maniastep you must mov ur fingr tothbeat of song an it recptr clean on ifyou do thgreat then no ayayay 4u
XxXMetalheadXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #127
JiyuuRyoushi
FFR Player

ANIME FTW!!

SasoDei FTW
JiyuuRyoushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:24 PM   #128
-Yukari-
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Yes, mangas/lightnovels are the books. The stuff you have to read. I don't see what you're confused about...
I wasn't confused about anything. Reading is just fail though. I mean, watching anime is bad enough; reading it is even worse.
So anyways i was thinking, what if a single miss didn't stop your combo? Instead, your combo kept going until 2 consecutive misses were made. I think this would provide a more realistic ranking system, and eliminate a lot of mashing.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #129
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I wasn't confused about anything. Reading is just fail though. I mean, watching anime is bad enough; reading it is even worse.
What why. Easy read text bubbles with visual glorification.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Old 08-13-2008, 08:38 PM   #130
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
Usually, cggames -> anime are better than cggames -> manga. But yes, for the most part, the manga is the original. Hence the manga is better.
Yes. Usually the manga has all of the info that is missing in the anime itself. Either that, or the anime butchers the manga too much for anyones liking. The manga is usually better, and is recommended to fill in most plot holes that might've been missing in the original anime itself. If it's possible, I'd rather watch the anime, then read the manga so I wouldn't be TOO dissapointed about the anime when comparing the two.

But all in all, it's actually hard for you to not like anime. Most of you might've watched an anime series without being aware of it. When you were probably younger, all of you probably watched an anime such as Dragonball Z, Pokemon, Digimon or even Sailor Moon. All of them are anime. There is even anime games that you might not even be aware that you played.

PS: Nice bump, but might as well keep this alive instead of others making new threads based on this topic.
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #131
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

Quote:
I really don't care about the artwork in which what I view is done in so I don't really go around looking for anime. I don't like most anime but I really liked Death Note. I also had some of my friends pressure me into watching Lucky Star 7 and another one into Speed Grapher but I didn't really like either of them all that much even though out of the 5 episodes I've seen in Speed Grapher it did have his moments.

EDIT: wtf bump?
I told you, Speed Grapher is amazing. Also nice avvie, xD!
Old 08-17-2008, 07:25 AM   #132
-Yukari-
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr_f4n View Post
But all in all, it's actually hard for you to not like anime.
Care to back this up? It's extremely easy for me. Unless you mean the form of art in general, which I like a lot.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:23 PM   #133
dbziscool
FFR Player

I'm into more of the old school anime.

Ushio and tora, X, Card Capter Sakura, Ninja scroll, Psycho Diver, Macross, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, ect.
dbziscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:53 PM   #134
AmreKept
FFR Player

I love anime. I don't watch it for the hell of it. It makes me relaxed. It soothes me. To see things that were meant to be perfect in my unperfect world. I watch it for the art and it's simple yet complex to understand.

I can't decide between Strawberry Panic and Nanatsuiro Drops. They were just way too sweet. So yea, anime for the win.
AmreKept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:16 AM   #135
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

I heavily dislike the style that it's drawn/generated in. And for the most part, I even dislike cartoons. The main comic strips I've enjoyed are Peanuts and Calvin and Hobbes. I've yet to see an Anime where I have watched another episode on purpose. I can say I do not like any Anime I've seen, and can conclude that I dislike most Anime. There are/may be exceptions to what I've said, but I could care less about finding one.
Kekeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #136
Sasuke_Fan_101
FFR Player

i love naruto shippuden, sasuke, akatsuki, sasuke, pokemon, sasuke, sasuke, sasuke, sasuke, oh and did i mention

SASUKE!!!!!

(srry, i'm a sasuke fangirl, hence the user name, always have been, always will be)

^_^
Sasuke_Fan_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:56 PM   #137
Elzam
FFR Player

*Looks at people's avatars and names.* I have a strange feeling most of the people on FFR like anime...

And yes, I do like anime. *Can tell by his name*

All my songs. Not the best, but, 'eh.
Elzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #138
-Yukari-
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elzam View Post
I have a strange feeling most of the people on FFR like anime...
Strange feeling? You live in America, lmfao. More than 99% of people in America like anime, FFR is no exception. Also, I can't tell by your name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekeb View Post
I can say I do not like any Anime I've seen, and can conclude that I dislike most Anime.
Holy **** man, you're hardcore.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:33 PM   #139
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Strange feeling? You live in America, lmfao. More than 99% of people in America like anime, FFR is no exception. Also, I can't tell by your name.
I highly disagree, from when I was in the US I hardly saw any anime what so ever. Maybe about 60% of people who regularly use the Internet between the ages 12-25 like anime but where the hell do you live where 99% of the people watch anime...I only know two people in my grade (out of ~55 people) who watch a lot of anime and I personally don't like it. I don't really care for classifying a genre by how it's drawn but rather than the type of plot and development. Death Note is the only anime I've ever enjoyed and I might continue to watch Speed Grapher but I honestly could care less that it's anime.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:47 PM   #140
-Yukari-
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
where the hell do you live where 99% of the people watch anime...I only know two people in my grade (out of ~55 people) who watch a lot of anime and I personally don't like it.
Okay, "more than 99%" was obviously an exaggeration. There's no possible way anybody can give a remotely accurate percent of people that like anime because it depends on where you live and what type of people you interact with.

When I was in school, just about everybody in my classes had anime pictures printed out for their binders, wrote Japanese on the whiteboards while the teacher wasn't around, and listened to blaring J-pop in their headphones during P.E. And yes I mean "just about everybody" this time. It's so bad where I live (and undoubtedly other places as well) that if there is a choice between American and Japanese voice, all the little ****ing weeaboos pick Japanese because IT'S JAPANEEEEESE and it's soooo much better than the American voice-over BECAUSE it's JAPANEEEEEEEEEEESE. The voice actor choices are also WORLDS better too, of course.

If you lived in a place where it was less popular, kickass, I'd like to go there sometime. Where I live, it's a ****ing plague. I was at a birthday party with about 11 people, most I knew, and I was literally the only person who disliked anime, and I got serious **** for it, even from my friends.

Bottom line, I could ask you WHERE THE HELL DO YOU GET 60% but next time anyone says 99% you might want to re-evaluate how serious they are.

EDIT: Look at the poll numbers buddy.

Last edited by -Yukari-; 08-18-2008 at 03:33 PM..