Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Batch Forum > FFR Songs and Artist Permissions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 12:24 AM   #9521
akaFrOsTinG
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to akaFrOsTinG
Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread

i'm sorry but i'm new to sending in simfiles , but how do we know if our files have been rejected?

what is 'batch' ?? hmm
Old 08-18-2008, 01:19 AM   #9522
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

hey, pyscho, if you don't have time, how about a collab?
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Old 08-18-2008, 02:02 AM   #9523
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaFrOsTinG View Post
i'm sorry but i'm new to sending in simfiles , but how do we know if our files have been rejected?

what is 'batch' ?? hmm
this thread
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=74550
Old 08-18-2008, 03:50 AM   #9524
b-a-e-r
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to b-a-e-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
they are not useless at all. for more complex songs they might be necessary to use in syncing, even at decently high bpms.
Death piano LMAO
Old 08-18-2008, 08:13 AM   #9525
Wyde
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Wyde

Wait...what happened to my {Big Boss} file? I could have sworn I sent it in last batch, though it seems it wasn't even there. And it's not in this one either, me only seeing Vote4Nixon's name. I'm thinking I should try sending it again.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:28 AM   #9526
cyrx900
rofl XD shut up
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to cyrx900

lol I confused 192nd with 128th notes. sorry about that. I actually meant 192nd notes, but like other users have said, 128th notes can be used in notepad or simply just by doubling the BPM and using 64th notes.

still don't know why 192nd notes are in Stepmania in the first place.
If you're new to FFR and you want to be a master of the game, go here:

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=94323
Playing style: NumPad (4,2,8,6)/ASKL
Favorite Stepfile: Unknown
Favorite foods: Bacon Cheeseburger (angus or buffalo meat), Little Ceasers cheese pizza
Favorite Drink: Dr. Pepper, O.J., Chocolate Milkshake
Old 08-18-2008, 08:41 AM   #9527
omgitznpv
cohoooooon
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to omgitznpv Send a message via MSN to omgitznpv

uh cyrx i use 192nds in almost all of my files peece

syncing with 192nds is completely necessary and actually i would like 384ths or something too -.-
Old 08-18-2008, 08:56 AM   #9528
Silvuh
quit

(ninja'd by npv)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrx900 View Post
still don't know why 192nd notes are in Stepmania in the first place.
Because it seems stargroup's explanation wasn't enough for you, here's a bit more. 192nds are often seen in strums and glissandos or when a chord isn't hit all at once. This is all if I recall correctly: strums are on the guitar when you slide your fingers across the strings; the notes aren't played at any beat, just quickly after the other—a glissando is a chord is played from the bottom up similar to a strum except on a piano. If a chord isn't all hit at once, what's the chance that the off-beat note falls exactly on a 64th or 48th? Try stepping a live piano recording without running in to a 192nd.
Because 192nds are found frequently in certain styles of music, they are in Stepmania. I'm sure someone could say "oh 13ths are found in music too, so why aren't they in Step Mania?" to that argument, so... Well, those low numbers just aren't as versatile as 192nds.
192nds are also in the ITG editor, so it's not CVS exclusive.

Speaking of live piano recordings, I stepped Rain: a Torley Wong piece. It's 1:33 and I used 271 BPM changes to sync it. I'll be sending it in for the next batch, and I hope at least someone is interested. I placed quite a few 192nds in the file.

Last edited by Silvuh; 08-18-2008 at 09:02 AM..
Old 08-18-2008, 08:57 AM   #9529
cyrx900
rofl XD shut up
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to cyrx900

Quote:
you shouldn't really be using them because 192nd notes are rarely used in any music at all and they're pointless, unless you want to "paint" your stepfiles or if you need them for syncing purposes.
I said it was fine to use them to sync (and you can use them too if a music goes at a very slow tempo), as long as anyone doesn't abuse it's power for insane quad-mashing rolls or a super jack in one key or whatever and submits s*** to FFR.

When I meant "paint", I meant stepfiles like Otaku that has a white arrow which isn't necessary but it makes it into an epic stepfile, or also in Hajnal which uses white arrows along with different colored notes (need a SS of it because I can't tell what rhythm is being used, but it seems to go with the music).

EDIT: Thanks for the explanation, Silvuh!
If you're new to FFR and you want to be a master of the game, go here:

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=94323
Playing style: NumPad (4,2,8,6)/ASKL
Favorite Stepfile: Unknown
Favorite foods: Bacon Cheeseburger (angus or buffalo meat), Little Ceasers cheese pizza
Favorite Drink: Dr. Pepper, O.J., Chocolate Milkshake

Last edited by cyrx900; 08-18-2008 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: ninja'd, I fear
Old 08-18-2008, 09:17 AM   #9530
Redorigami
Call me Massive Swallow

Send a message via AIM to Redorigami Send a message via MSN to Redorigami Send a message via Yahoo to Redorigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvuh View Post
Speaking of live piano recordings, I stepped Rain: a Torley Wong piece. It's 1:33 and I used 271 BPM changes to sync it. I'll be sending it in for the next batch, and I hope at least someone is interested. I placed quite a few 192nds in the file.
This better get accepted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadNv View Post
Got dibs on La Camp.
Oh right, Im not any good.
Got dibs on Pita.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #9531
Silvuh
quit

(Ninja'd again, hah.)
Quote:
When I meant "paint", I meant stepfiles like Otaku that has a white arrow which isn't necessary but it makes it into an epic stepfile, or also in Hajnal which uses white arrows along with different colored notes (need a SS of it because I can't tell what rhythm is being used, but it seems to go with the music).
I remembered you saying this. I should have mentioned that in my earlier post. Ah well, so here's a bit more.
I could see some people using 192nds just for making their stepfile prettier, but... Well, let's say this.
On a low rate like 0.1x (which has to be edited in), you can easily tell the difference between a 64th and a 192nd. If you know your BPM and offset are correct, and on the low rate you hear the sound above or below a 64th or 48th... then, well, that note isn't what was placed. It's a 192nd. In Strawberry Sweetz, in one part, there was a sound effect I would put a 192nd to. On a low rate, you can tell the sound closer to the 4th than a 64th. These 192nds are necessary by all means if the sound had to be stepped.
I'm just saying that 192nds are used because they're often more accurate: not just to look pretty.
And that reminds me—you can add sound effects to the list of where 192nds are often found, because they aren't always on-beat.

Would have said all this in the post of mine above this, but, well, there's a post after it, so, yeah.
A bit more about Rain: it's not an FMO/FGO. However, there are FFRhands in the file. I mean, there are jumps with white arrows next to them—so close it's almost a hand and may be placed as one in the .dwi to .ffr conversion. They are perfectly musically accurate, and they aren't actual hands. I'm asking if musically-accurate FFRhands are allowed in non-FMO/FGOs.

Edit: Holy stuffingbuckets, I didn't know Rain was part of a series. Thank you, Ori, for that information. I'll try stepping Snow and Sleet, too. Haha. Funny how I stepped the shortest of the three before realizing there were two more. So these next two will take even longer to step... huzzah.

Last edited by Silvuh; 08-18-2008 at 09:33 AM..
Old 08-18-2008, 09:25 AM   #9532
omgitznpv
cohoooooon

Send a message via AIM to omgitznpv Send a message via MSN to omgitznpv

Quote:
or also in Hajnal which uses white arrows along with different colored notes (need a SS of it because I can't tell what rhythm is being used, but it seems to go with the music).
obviously it's going to the music.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:35 AM   #9533
Knoobish
alia shawkat
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
I'm asking if musically-accurate FFRhands are allowed in non-FMO/FGOs
I've got quite a few FFRhands in 600 AD if I remember correctly, and that's only a challenging, so you should be all set.
actually it is, my parents hate me i have no friends and everyone hates me, fine i will just go kill myself like anyone here gives a fat flying ****, when im dead no one will miss me and no i wont come back because i will be dead. i might as well end it anyway i suck at life i suck at stepmania i cant get a friend...

im going to go kill myself...most likely you will all celebrate and party because everyone hates me so much.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:59 AM   #9534
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
so, we were thinking that a decent change to policy would be that if you submit 2 files (doesn't have to be in the same batch) that get -'s from all 3 judges, you'd be limited to 1 file to submit... and that file would HAVE to be a resubmit. that way, the stepfiler would be forced to work on their file, listen to commentary on what's wrong with it, and attempt to start fixing it. it would be the first step in them actually submitting a decent file.
pretty stupid idea imo
example: someone steps a stupid song that gets rejected and they get better, but realizes that the song was a bad choice from the start, but now they're forced to resubmit it and put unnecessary effort.

Quote:
Because 192nds are found frequently in certain styles of music, they are in Stepmania. I'm sure someone could say "oh 13ths are found in music too, so why aren't they in Step Mania?" to that argument, so... Well, those low numbers just aren't as versatile as 192nds.
192nds are also in the ITG editor, so it's not CVS exclusive.
192nds are found in every stepmania editor: 3.9, 3.9 CVS, 4.0, all of them. 128ths don't exist. I checked.
uncommon tuplets are not found in the editor because of several reasons: they are not used frequently, bpm changes or 192nds can be substitutes for these rhythms, and because catering to many different tuplets would mean that the editor would need to handle a value that is a multiple of all of them. Having 7ths, 11ths, 13ths, and 192nds in just a few measures would probably result in a several megabyte-sized .sm or .dwi file.

Anything past 192nds doesn't exist. Any irregular tuplets created from notepad will automatically be rounded to the nearest 192nd in the editor. more complex rhythms will actually look funny, so actually, 192nds are usually not enough for keyboard sims.

edit: 3.9 does not snap to 192nds unless you mod it somehow which I doubt anyone has done so it might take you some work.
just use copy/paste. it's much easier and there's no screwing around with bpm or the need to constantly go to notepad to do some tedious crap

also HOLY NECROS WAS I BORED TO TYPE ALL OF THAT ABOUT STUPID 192ND NOTES

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by stargroup100; 08-18-2008 at 01:03 PM..
Old 08-18-2008, 12:48 PM   #9535
Silvuh
quit

Quote:
192nds are found in every stepmania editor: 3.9, 3.9 CVS, 4.0, all of them.
Oh, when I said "CVS", I was referring to 4.0.. I had no idea that there was a 3.9 CVS and that 4.0 and 4.0 CVS are two different StepManias. My bad, there... And how do you get the snap thing to go to 192nds in 3.9? It goes up to 64ths by default, and, yeah.. that would be nice to know how to snap to 192nds in 3.9.
Quote:
128ths don't exist. I checked.
Interesting. I believe people get confused 'cause they'd figure to multiply everything by two... 32, 64, 128...
Quote:
uncommon tuplets are not found in the editor because of several reasons: they are not used frequently, bpm changes or 192nds can be substitutes for these rhythms, and because catering to many different tuplets would mean that the editor would need to handle a value that is a multiple of all of them. Having 7ths, 11ths, 13ths, and 192nds in just a few measures would probably result in a several megabyte-sized .sm or .dwi file.
Much better reason to not have odd tuplets in the editor than I could think of. I was hoping to hear a better reason. Thank you for that.
Quote:
Anything past 192nds doesn't exist. Any irregular tuplets created from notepad will automatically be rounded to the nearest 192nd in the editor.
Also a really nice-to-know new piece of information to me. I never have put steps in directly to the .sm file, but that's still all neat to know. So, yeah.
Hah, reading that made me feel like I had no idea what I was talking about earlier. Ah well, at least it was enlightening. Hope other people appreciate the information, too. Those who didn't already know all that, that is.

Nothing good ever comes out of my boredom...
I feel a little odd right now. I think it's because I'm afraid this post will make me look like a fool or something... Felt kind of obligated to reply, though...
Old 08-18-2008, 03:00 PM   #9536
Knoobish
alia shawkat
FFR Simfile Author

You can't actually snap 192nd's in 3.9: you have to copy and paste 64ths and 48ths.
actually it is, my parents hate me i have no friends and everyone hates me, fine i will just go kill myself like anyone here gives a fat flying ****, when im dead no one will miss me and no i wont come back because i will be dead. i might as well end it anyway i suck at life i suck at stepmania i cant get a friend...

im going to go kill myself...most likely you will all celebrate and party because everyone hates me so much.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:23 PM   #9537
not_hi19hi19
FFR Player

So in the meantime I've submitted all 45 of my files, yay.
I think that a large number of them stand to get accepted, I put a lot of work into them. There's one or two major suprises in there that I think a lot of people will enjoy.
I can't wait to see the comments
Old 08-18-2008, 05:57 PM   #9538
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Quote:
hi19: i'm capping you at 30 for this batch... i think that's more than fair. and, jx and i were talking... i still feel 30 is absolutely ridiculous for 1 batch (even though it is 2 for you)... if 50% of your files aren't queue'd of those 30, i'm going to cap you lower for next batch. like, 10. still a retardedly high number, IMO.

just fair warning.
in case you didn't see this hi19... so 31-45 will have to wait until the next batch.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:48 PM   #9539
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
in case you didn't see this hi19... so 31-45 will have to wait until the next batch.
oic

So you ban me, so I specifically CAN'T see the forums. Then, you give a "fair warning" which entails hiding the fact you've arbitrarily changed the rules in the one place I am NOT able to see it.

You had my email adress, you could have told me that way. You have my screenname, you could have told me that way. No. Your "fair warning" is instead quite UNfairly hidden from my view until it's too late.

How about this: you judge all my files, because that's the way it's always been done. I asked you a few weeks ago if I could submit any number of files, and you said, unconditionally, yes. Live up to your end of the bargain.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:34 PM   #9540
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

you were ban evading anyway... how'd you miss it. beyond that, i didn't remember you were banned when i posted it. i just posted it because it was in the flow of the conversation i was having with the judges.

and things can change... i apologize if you seem to think that being able to submit 30 files is not enough. and, how is seeing my post or not seeing it any different? submit the files now or submit them in a month, they'll still wait... so there's no harm in the fact you submitted more now.

the "fair warning" was geared towards the further limiting submissions downward from the 30... not the 30 itself.

yes, i had said however many files you wanted. but i didn't in my wildest dreams think someone would churn out 45 files in such a short period of time. i find it to be wildly extravagant and unfair to the 50 or so other people who submit files. you've submitted 10 or 15 files before in the past, and i haven't had an issue. others have submitted ~10 before, and i haven't cared. but 45? really? in some other thread, i made a joke about only submitting 26 files instead of 27... and that was meant to be massive sarcasm. i'm pretty pissed in ANY one person submitting this many files. the one redeeming fact is that you submit files of all difficulties and of many different genres of music. that is far more than i can say of most people who submit files.

30 is way more than a reasonable person would allow, when most are limited to 2. and i still will hold you to the 50% being queued of those 30. it's an FFR Batch, not a hi19 Batch.