Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2009, 01:14 AM   #61
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Suggestion--Rating Songs/Steps

@darkandmenacing: To avoid confusion among why someone rated a file the way they did, experts should hold the chance. It shows that they have played the game much more than anyone new. Not only played but have experienced many different types of patterns, music etc etc... Also the part with having someone play a song more than once is golden. Shows the chart is understood a lot more and hopefully the player isn't going to put personal reference in for rating.

I still say a few deserve this chance and not everyone but enough people so there is an equal average. If everyone had this chance.. Chaos. If very select few had this chance, it would be labeled as expert/newbie/mod biased etc.

@Tass: You can make it happen...
Oni-Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:04 AM   #62
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

prehaps you have to have played a certain song, 20 times, before you can rate?

also, when it comes to the guru's of this game, there will be the problem of elites thinking all songs below 7 are BORING. and they will all rate it low.

only people who have 7 as their best level will be the best at judging these files.

there are lots of things that could go wrong, but i still think this offer should be implemented.

Last edited by Bolth mannn; 06-30-2009 at 04:06 AM..
Bolth mannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:17 AM   #63
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

not entirely true bolth

all i play are VC+ and i consider myself above the average player skill wise yet i love straight to video as well as other difficult and below charts. also almost every one thats T1-T0 has been playing ffr more many years and im pretty sure they've played most if not all the songs and know which songs they absolutely hated playing when they were beginning and what songs they enjoyed. the problem i see with the rating system is newer players rating the harder songs low because of the difficulty of the file and not because of the file itself.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:01 PM   #64
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Anyfile that's is fun and not Rato would get ok ratings. Now files like Legendary Etude and that **** ending would surely be docked for that.
I wish this would be implemented. But hey until it is i guess we could maybe get a thread that's not the difficulties one?
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:30 AM   #65
darkandmenacing
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkandmenacing

Once again, I'd like to point out some of the finer details of my suggestion, which still eliminate many of the concerns I'm seeing. If one must achieve a certain skill level at the song on a consistant basis, angsty new players who are simply angry that they can't beat the song, will not be able to rate it. The hoops eliminate the casual, and anyone willing to go through said hoops to rate songs that are far below their skill level, are probably the songs they like anyway, which will balance out with the newer players who are rating at their maximum skill level. If you really look into the finer points of my second post on page three, if implimented the way I suggest, will take care of most any concernes that have already been stated. I'm still waiting to see some sort of new concern.
darkandmenacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:39 AM   #66
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

A high level of skill maybe, but consistent? It would just piss off people who want to go through all of FFR's songs and rate them all; instead of playing once maybe twice and giving feedback, they have to play X times. Also, because of CoMbO ScOrInG someone could do well at a song but get random breakers that prevent the acquisition of a good canonical scoring run. (I remember Bynary Fission had a bit of a problem here; getting nice FMO runs but always with a break or two so they didn't count.) I played around with the idea of doing something like 'get 90% of the highest score to be able to vote/comment' or 'get a combo count 50% or greater of the full combo count to be able to vote/comment' but I don't want to put forward anything that would encourage/be prone to mashability.
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:15 AM   #67
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Let songs that are rated 1 star to be deleted, EVERYONE VOTE 1 STAR ON SYNTHFILES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #68
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

F sucks as an overstepped file anyway rofl. look at linus's it's boring
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #69
customstuff
♥C.S. + A.M.♥
FFR Veteran

HAHAHA. I was looking at the first page and I saw myself. I thought "HACKED?!?!?!" but then I noticed that was in 2007! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
welcome to D6

start playing
customstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #70
Seefu Sefirosu
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Seefu Sefirosu

I partially agree with Sprite-, but I think this should be like the email address: You get the email when you become a subby, you still have it if you leave. I think if you've ever subscribed, you should be able to rate.
Seefu Sefirosu is offline   Reply With Quote