Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 10:11 AM   #61
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe3
Anyhow Nintendo cant allow for all games for the NES SNES ect. to be downloaded...

Why you ask? Simply put Nintendo didn't make all the games for those systems and can't let them be downloaded with out the permission of the creaters.
That's why Nintendo is talking to many third-party publishers to make them available. Granted, not all of them, but quite a lot of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptiness
just like the Gamecube i predict a very horrible ending. Nintendo has given us so little. ATI graphics and an IBM processor.
1) Far from a "horrible ending". The best (don't even try to argue) first-party games are from Nintendo. How horrible that Nintendo gave us quality games.

2) They restarted the dying video game industry. How little they have given us.

3) So the video card in your computer and a processor that does the same thing as your Intel one is a problem for you in the case of a game system? The best graphics of this console generation, which are on the Gamecube, are powered by a graphics chip made by ATI. Hmm...

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 10:41 AM   #62
suicidalmuskrat
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to suicidalmuskrat Send a message via MSN to suicidalmuskrat Send a message via Yahoo to suicidalmuskrat

You're gonna get in trouble if you say Gamecube has the best graphics...The Xbox is more capable, but I really don't care, because I rarely have loadtimes on my GC, and that makes all the difference to me. Oh, and in case you haven't read anything about the direction Nintendo is headed, you should realize that it isn't their goal to create a graphical powerhouse. It's their goal to make great, innovative, fun games.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:57 AM   #63
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Right, I know that, but that still doesn't mean that they're totally sacrificing graphics. They did say that graphics is not their focus, but they also said that they're not completely disregarding them, either.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2005, 10:16 PM   #64
emptiness
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to emptiness

You say nintendo has given us quality games...yes classic characters that are used over and over again....sure they have introduce fresh new ideas like animal crossing but they lacked in their efforts.

Yes nintendo restarted the industry..but back in the late 80's...they deserve credit for that...however lately They have been giving us little as far as console gaming but for portables, they are as solid as steel.

I hope Revolutions will be a better competitor to the other new systems since it will be released last ( i think) im not really concerned with graphics but i hope nintendo will get off of making the same game over i.e. Mario Party.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:05 AM   #65
suicidalmuskrat
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to suicidalmuskrat Send a message via MSN to suicidalmuskrat Send a message via Yahoo to suicidalmuskrat

You're an idiot. Nintendo consistently makes some of the highest quality first party games around. So you don't like the Mario Party series. It doesn't mean that it isn't well done, and still sells very well. When it stops selling, they'll stop making. The mario golf games are great, the mario tennis games are great, the mario kart games are great. Let's not forget some of the greatest games of all time: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask. Animal Crossing was great. The metroid games are great. Jungle Beat was very fun. As far as consoles go, name the last bad Nintendo first party game?

Oh, and will you still be saying "I hope they stop making the same game over and over" after God of War 6, and Kingdom hearts 5, and Final Fantasy 25 come out?
Old 07-11-2005, 10:56 AM   #66
emptiness
FFR Player

the name is used over and over but the characters do change in the Final Fantasy series excluding X-2.... i seriously doubt a God of War 6 or Kingdom Hearts 5...
you may be right Nintendo has made solid first party games but its just not enough...maybe if they get more involved with online gaming that will limit the need to invite friends over.
Lastly i dont really want to shove stuff up nintendo's a hole, i still own a gamecube and soon a revolution...i just hope i'll be playing more of the rev. than the ps3 or a x360
Old 07-11-2005, 10:16 PM   #67
suicidalmuskrat
FFR Player

Heh. Yeah, God forbid we have to invite people over. Isolation rules! And obviously Nintendo is getting more into it, by offering FREE online services for their first party games. Oh, and why do you think there won't be a God of War 6? And would that be a bad thing? It's a good game, and was done well. It's popular, so they should make as many as they need to. All Nintendo needs to do is get more 3rd party support. They make amazing first party games...Which is why I'll always buy a Nintendo console.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:15 AM   #68
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Nintendo's third-party support is coming back. I think the fact that GameCube didn't have an online plan is one of the main reasons it didn't get much third-party support, but now that Revolution will be online, I'm sure we'll see more companies developing more games for the system.

I heard that Nintendo makes developing relatively easy for game companies... is that true? That may play a factor in exclusive third-party games as well.

Remember Viewtiful Joe? It may have stayed exclusive if GameCube had sold better. Unfortunately, I don't think it met Capcom's expectataions as far as sales go, and as a result saw a release on PS2 as well. So, GameCube sales likely scared some third-party publishers, as well. PS2 definitely got the most attention.

One more thing... did anyone else hear that Square Enix is going back to being, for the most part, Nintendo-exclusive? The companies started to reconcile during the middle of the GameCube era, long after their squabbles over N64 media, and I heard rumors that the main Final Fantasy series would be making a move for the next generation.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2005, 08:57 AM   #69
suicidalmuskrat
FFR Player

Highly, highly doubtful square will become Nintendo exclusive again. However, it has been confirmed they're making a sequel to Crystal Chronicles...
Old 07-12-2005, 10:00 PM   #70
emptiness
FFR Player

i hope it'll be better than first one...i didn't play it but i heard it wasn't up to par with the rest of the final fantasy series...as for God of War 6...thats a maaaaybe
Old 07-13-2005, 06:08 AM   #71
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles wasn't really up to par with other Final Fantasy games because the story wasn't that in-depth. The mechanics were very different, too, which distanced it from the main series. I like to think of it as Final Fantasy XI to a lesser degree, mostly because it's not fun playing by yourself, the maximum limit is four players, and although it can be fun, it is drastically different from other Final Fantasy games. I was planning to play it with my friends, but it ended up to be not such a compelling endeavor. I'm hoping that the Revolution version takes a big step above the GameCube one. But, it makes me wonder if everyone will require a Nintendo DS for multiplayer....

Quote:
Old 07-13-2005, 07:41 AM   #72
emptiness
FFR Player

maybe revolution's controller peripheral has a built-in touch screen limiting the need for the DS
-who knows?
Old 08-18-2005, 02:51 PM   #73
chickendude
Away from Computer
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to chickendude

I definitely hope they keep load times short for the Revo, like they did for the GC, Load times really bug me. GC loaded only bits at a time, while the XBOX for example loaded like half the game at the beginning , that beginning load time annoyed me.

The downside to the small quick loads, is that they have to be done more often, wearing out the disc reader ( a big issue with the GC). Lots of Gamecube's disc reading lasers died out, and lost their capaability to load games (including mine). I know, because if I leave it off for a while, it can load for a little bit, and I can play games that dont take much loading (E.g mario sunshine) where it loads the whole level at once, and you can beat the whole thing without it having to load again.
Im sure they'll take care of this problem.

I love the backward compatibilty, bout time nintendo caught on. Maybe there will be a resurge on classics like Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger =)
It can also give a resurge on old good games that never sold well (Ever heard of Lufia 1 and 2?)

Yeah, so I cant wait
Old 10-1-2005, 10:45 PM   #74
crazyants
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to crazyants Send a message via AIM to crazyants Send a message via MSN to crazyants Send a message via Yahoo to crazyants

can anyone say CRAPPY CONTROLLER DESIGN, but i guess i cant complain to much , they did say
they had a REVOLUTIONARY(crappy) design oh well il still love .... eventualy
Old 10-2-2005, 12:25 AM   #75
suicidalmuskrat
FFR Player

What don't you like about the controller design? The look of it? Or the functionality?
Old 10-6-2005, 09:07 PM   #76
Shadow_knight62
FFR Player

yeah really...the remote/controller is a great idea. And finally Nintendo comes out with a controller that is left handed compatable.

Oh god...i can't wait any longer!!!
Shadow_knight62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 05:37 PM   #77
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987

I bet you they will put a rumble pack in the controller and girls will use it as a dildo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me
vashthestampede0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:45 PM   #78
suicidalmuskrat
FFR Player

They've already confirmed that rumble features will be built in to the controller. Go grab the lotion vash.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:19 PM   #79
Shadow_knight62
FFR Player

ahahahahahahhahahaha...yeah, i don't see why they wouldn't put a rumble pack in, they have had it on all their "new" controllers.
Shadow_knight62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:38 PM   #80
ndthatsme
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ndthatsme

I like the controller desighn and all, but wheres the X, Y, and Z buttons? Is there something I missed from all the pictures? I mean how can you play some N64 games without a Z button, and you definently cant play any GC games without those 3 buttons.