Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #681
tpu2006
FFR Player

Default Re: 4th Official FFR Tournament - Round 4.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #682
immawhiteguy
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to immawhiteguy Send a message via MSN to immawhiteguy Send a message via Yahoo to immawhiteguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
ps I am going on vacation for ten days coming up soon so the next round will be the last for me. ah well. my goals of denying someone else vrofl will have to wait til another tourney.
same here, I can't stop them any longer haha.

Purple looks stupid easy. No offense but it doesn't look like a very hard FMO. its short too =o

Old 07-10-2008, 07:40 PM   #683
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I booflagged the next song. Yay!
Old 07-10-2008, 07:43 PM   #684
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite- View Post
I booflagged the next song. Yay!
Hurry up and update
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 07-10-2008, 07:45 PM   #685
Masquerade of Shadow
They/Them causing May/Hem
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
Let's address your fallacies... 1. you couldn't possibly have an average rank in the 6 digits. if you had a score of 0 on every score, you'd still only have 5 digits. 2. i spent about 8 hours selecting the songs for the tournament out of the limited selection that was in the queue... and did the best that i could possibly do out of the choices available. in SM, i thought everything was hard enough. in some cases, i likely was a bit wrong. i've already apologized for that... even though it's really not my fault. in addition to the time i spent, jx and sprite also spent hours verifying my work on the tournament songs. 3. sprite and devonin spent days sorting people into the correct divisions. sprite checked every single user's levelrank stats, going through it meticulously. in addition, sprite and devonin had every participants TPs, overall rank, average rank, # of AAAs, # of FCs, etc etc... tons of data to use to make the best decision they could on placement with the data available.

basically... you have absolutely no right to try and trash something that we've put so much time and effort into... and you've been participating in for free, with cash and merchandise prizes. it isn't our fault that you're upset in not being able to AAA your song. would you be any less upset if you got 50 goods on a song when you needed 49 to advance? i doubt it.
Tass kicks ass
Old 07-10-2008, 07:47 PM   #686
Silver_Brian
¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(o_°)/¯
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by x After Dawn x View Post
The songs picked out for Expert this year were a total joke.

Every round has had to been an AAA to pass. I'm getting tired of having to get perfect accuracy on every song just to get to the next round.

I can't even pass this round because I have 1 good. 1 good. There's not even a tiebreaker anymore; I have to get 0 goods on this thing to pass to Round 5.

What a joke.
THE WEAK SHALL PERISH. ONLY THE STRONG WILL SURVIVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master
i now have another excuse to grow a dick
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFishRevolution View Post
"i've seen your little boy's penis"
Old 07-10-2008, 07:48 PM   #687
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by x After Dawn x View Post
The songs picked out for Expert this year were a total joke.

Every round has had to been an AAA to pass. I'm getting tired of having to get perfect accuracy on every song just to get to the next round.

I can't even pass this round because I have 1 good. 1 good. There's not even a tiebreaker anymore; I have to get 0 goods on this thing to pass to Round 5.

What a joke.
No one forced you to join.

Last edited by Sprite-; 07-10-2008 at 07:52 PM..
Old 07-10-2008, 07:52 PM   #688
T)r6g0n
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to T)r6g0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
There were 1500 or whatever people placed in 3 days, if that. It's going to be perfect placement? Nawwww... Sprite-'s good, but not that good.
So you will agree with me that they should have spent more time placing people?

Quote:
Even though this round was a day shorter than the others, it still seems like it took longer =/
Thank you for making it a day shorter. Since I am out of town and the best thing I get is one bar signal to barely even make this reply, I am out of luck in even trying to load my FFR song. Thank you. By the way, I get back tonight. It is very official of you to magically shorten the round.

Quote:
Let's address your fallacies... 1. you couldn't possibly have an average rank in the 6 digits. if you had a score of 0 on every score, you'd still only have 5 digits.
I apologize. I have seen so many ranks in the 6 digits when trying to clean up my average rank 3 days ago that I assumed it began with 6 digits.

Quote:
2. i spent about 8 hours selecting the songs for the tournament out of the limited selection that was in the queue... and did the best that i could possibly do out of the choices available.
Thank you for choosing the songs, but might I ask why Beginner got a song that people can barely even full combo when Expert gets songs that you must hit every note perfect to advance? Also, I can't even AAA the Advanced song nor the Intermediate song. On Comfort Betrays I got 8 goods and Bricks I got 2 goods. When looking at my level ranks, I have no idea how I got placed with, say, you for example, have about 133 songs you haven't AAA'd when I have 487 that I haven't. I would like for you, Sprite-, or devonin to please PM me, or inform me when you reply in this thread, the specific reason I got placed in the same division as you.

If this statement holds true:
Quote:
in addition, sprite and devonin had every participants TPs, overall rank, average rank, # of AAAs, # of FCs, etc etc... tons of data to use to make the best decision they could on placement with the data available.
I have no idea how judging from my overall rank, average rank, # of AAAs, and # of FCs that I got placed in Expert.

Quote:
basically... you have absolutely no right to try and trash something that we've put so much time and effort into...
Indeed, which is why I would like you to point out where I trashed your tournament. All I have done is basically pointed out facts and information and asked you questions and you assume I'm vandalizing your property.

Quote:
it isn't our fault that you're upset in not being able to AAA your song.
Actually it is.

Quote:
would you be any less upset if you got 50 goods on a song when you needed 49 to advance? i doubt it.
No I wouldn't. If I got 50 goods, I would understand that I have insufficient skill to play the song asked of me in order to pass to the next round of the competition. Since I got 1 good, that being one good that I felt was randomly placed in the song since it was an awkward pink note at the start of a gallop-jump on a part of the song that sounded a single beat, I feel like I wasn't prepared correctly to be placed against that song, leaving me to assume that I have not had enough practice to be in my division with players that have been here for longer than 4 years. That one good was one that I felt I hit correctly, so whether it be lag or human error, it is one note out of 1109 notes that should not be the determination of if I pass or fail in an official competition that claims to have placed me of part a pack of equally skilled players. This proves that you have had more practice than I have:

Quote:
Tries to AAA:
D1 - 2
D2 - 9
D3 - 4
D4 - took me 5 tries to get 4 goods
D5 - 3 tries to get 19-0-0-5

In conclusion, if you have felt that I have offended you in any way I sincerely apologize, for I was merely asking questions. You and several other players seemed to have gotten very hostile when I barely even brought it up.

Give me your thoughts and feelings, I'm interested in hearing a reply.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:56 PM   #689
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by T)r6g0n View Post
Thank you for making it a day shorter. Since I am out of town and the best thing I get is one bar signal to barely even make this reply, I am out of luck in even trying to load my FFR song. Thank you. By the way, I get back tonight. It is very official of you to magically shorten the round.
People like you, who have no clue about anything, make me laugh. The round was a day shorter because of the tiebreaker day from last round. Last round's tiebreaker ended on Friday at 11:59PM. This round is still ending on Thursday like every round does. I did not end it one day shorter. I started it one day later because of a tiebreaker.

Last edited by Sprite-; 07-10-2008 at 07:58 PM..
Old 07-10-2008, 07:59 PM   #690
T)r6g0n
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
People like you, who have no clue about anything, make me laugh. The round was a day shorter because of the tiebreaker day from last round. Last round's tiebreaker ended on Friday at 11:59PM. This round is still ending on Thursday like every round does. I did not end it one day shorter. I started it one day later because of a tiebreaker.
People like you make me laugh because you fail to realize this round is a day shorter, or from at least you claimed, than the rest of the rounds. If the round ended Friday, and the songs were released Saturday, wouldn't you agree that the next round should end on Friday night and not Thursday night, according to the pattern you declared in the official rules of your tournament?
Old 07-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #691
TC_llama499
Resident Rock Climber
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TC_llama499 Send a message via MSN to TC_llama499 Send a message via Yahoo to TC_llama499

guys stop bitching and just play the damn songs. i cant even see all the competition because all i see is people bitching. Tass should make a thread for u guys to complain in so u dont just spam up everything, and then just delete the thread whenever you people stop complaning
Old 07-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #692
E_skittles
FFR Player

onto round 5
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ffr.jpg (118.6 KB, 62 views)
Old 07-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #693
Beethovens mask
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

T)r6g0n, I'm just going to ask you straight up to stop bitching. It's not Sprites or Tasses fault that your leaving on vacation. Even if you did pass to the next round, you couldn't submit for the next round anyway.

Nobody in this tournament is misplaced, sorry.

Get over it and let Sprite- do his job.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #694
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA

Show me where it says that every round will be 7 days no matter what? This is what I see http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/?p=1037

Note the (unless otherwise noticed) part. Yeah. Don't tell me I'm going against what I said.

Also, the reason why you are in D4 is because of your VC AAA's. No one in D3 had a VC AAA when I placed them.

Last edited by Sprite-; 07-10-2008 at 08:04 PM..
Old 07-10-2008, 08:03 PM   #695
ninjaKIWI
plain old ugly ass dumbas

Send a message via AIM to ninjaKIWI

Quote:
People like you make me laugh because you fail to realize this round is a day shorter, or from at least you claimed, than the rest of the rounds. If the round ended Friday, and the songs were released Saturday, wouldn't you agree that the next round should end on Friday night and not Thursday night, according to the pattern you declared in the official rules of your tournament?
Since one day was taken up by a ti- Ugh why am I even bothering, you're an idiot.

I mean, honestly, you're trying to say that since you blackflagged your song you don't belong in Expert, Jesus.
"Hey Foil. What's that you got there?" inquired Keywii.
"Oh, just my cock." Replied Foil.
"That just will not do." was keywii's response as she lunged for the scissors, pulled the blades apart, and clamped them down on the base of foil's shaft. Blood start gushing out of the wound where his penis used to be.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yelled Foil in horror.
"Don't worry. I'm a wizard" uttered Keywii. And with that, Foil's penis grew back.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:06 PM   #696
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaKIWI View Post
Since one day was taken up by a ti- Ugh why am I even bothering, you're an idiot.

I mean, honestly, you're trying to say that since you blackflagged your song you don't belong in Expert, Jesus.
Yeah it's pretty pathetic. He's obviously good enough for D4 if he made it to round 4. And 1 good isn't much of a difference in skill level from a AAA, so he could manage it.

I apologize that you're going on vacation. My fault for starting this at an inconvenient time for you. Next time I'll contact you to make sure you're not going on vacation during the tournament. Everyone else can wait.

Last edited by Sprite-; 07-10-2008 at 08:10 PM..
Old 07-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #697
Ground_Breaker
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ground_Breaker

Quote:
words
Your complaining isn't helping you at all, and it certainly is not going to change anything. You won't be moved to a lower division, and they aren't going to change the song selection just because you want them to.

My advice: quit while you're not really ahead.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:11 PM   #698
ninjaKIWI
plain old ugly ass dumbas

Send a message via AIM to ninjaKIWI

Oh PS Sprite what colour do you use for the scores on the front page?
"Hey Foil. What's that you got there?" inquired Keywii.
"Oh, just my cock." Replied Foil.
"That just will not do." was keywii's response as she lunged for the scissors, pulled the blades apart, and clamped them down on the base of foil's shaft. Blood start gushing out of the wound where his penis used to be.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yelled Foil in horror.
"Don't worry. I'm a wizard" uttered Keywii. And with that, Foil's penis grew back.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:13 PM   #699
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA

orange
Old 07-10-2008, 08:14 PM   #700
T)r6g0n
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beethovens mask View Post
T)r6g0n, I'm just going to ask you straight up to stop bitching. It's not Sprites or Tasses fault that your leaving on vacation. Even if you did pass to the next round, you couldn't submit for the next round anyway.

Nobody in this tournament is misplaced, sorry.

Get over it and let Sprite- do his job.
I'm not "bitching". I'm asking questions. If you want to prohibit me from stating my opinion and asking questions and try to harass me about it, I feel that you are the one that should stop whining about me trying to talk. I did not leave on vacation, I left to drive my mom to the emergency room in Texas because she's about to go blind, and your inconsiderate selfish person you call yourself can't take in the feelings of others for just a split second to realize my situation. I could submit for the next round because I am coming home tonight. Also, I have several people that state otherwise that there are people misplaced in this tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaKIWI View Post

I'm an idiot for trying to save my mother from going completely blind. She has had surgery in both eyes to reduce her eye pressure using valves and cateracs (sp) and now she has almost full retinal detachment. Yes. You're correct that I'm an idiot. Thank you. For your second comment, I have not blackflagged that song on accident, I worked my ass off with full focus to try to get that and I felt that I was lucky to get a blackflag and I was in the next round. Unfortunately, I felt that my luck wasn't enough to surpass anyone else's skill. I have tried and tried again to AAA that song and I eventually come up with 17, 23, and once i even hit in the 30s. Yes. I do not belong in Expert.

Quote:
Show me where it says that every round will be 7 days no matter what? This is what I see http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/?p=1037

Note the (unless otherwise noticed) part. Yeah. Don't tell me I'm going against what I said.

Also, the reason why you are in D4 is because of your VC AAA's. No one in D3 had a VC AAA when I placed them.
I see the "unless otherwise noticed" part now, but I find it kind of fishy that you can just change it whenever you feel like because you want to get to the next round as fast as possible.
If I'm in D4 because of my VC AAA's, where are the people in D4 with the FMO AAA's?

Edit: "I apologize that you're going on vacation. My fault for starting this at an inconvenient time for you. Next time I'll contact you to make sure you're not going on vacation during the tournament. Everyone else can wait."

Once again, it was not a vacation, it was an EMERGENCY. Thank you. You're very appreciative of the disabled. Your immaturity shows a lot about your character, and I feel that you should not have been the leader of an official tournament this big.

Edit2: "Your complaining isn't helping you at all, and it certainly is not going to change anything. You won't be moved to a lower division, and they aren't going to change the song selection just because you want them to.

My advice: quit while you're not really ahead."

I am not complaining. Tell me where I stated that I want to be moved to a lower division and also where I stated that I want the song selection to be changed.

Last edited by T)r6g0n; 07-10-2008 at 08:17 PM..
Closed Thread