Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 09:05 PM   #41
-Yukari-
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Clear some stuff up

Wow, suddenly this turned into me attacking him? Hahaha, go back and read the first post =/

As for respected, he may have your respect because he can score high, but he doesn't have my respect, he is arrogant and rude. He will just have to be a skeptic for my duration of the site. There is never going to be a top player EVERYBODY believes is legit, and DarkManticoreX2 will have to be one of my non-believers; whether or not he believes me is irrelevant to my legitimacy. In this thread, I have done all I can to dispel common loose assumptions about how to catch hackers, but I have not proven my legitimacy, nor can I in words (I will admit he is certainly right about that). The rest will have to come from faith, or humility.

Last edited by -Yukari-; 01-26-2008 at 09:08 PM..
Old 01-26-2008, 09:08 PM   #42
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by foilman8805 View Post
Manti, how about you buy it, and -Yukari-, you give Manti your address so it can be shipped to you. Would that appease both parties?
The only problem I have with this is that if -Yukari- does turn out to be a hacker I'm out 20 bucks, or he could just say he never recieved it.

If -Yukari- goes out and buys a webcam, He can't say something is wrong with it, It's damaged in shipping, It doesn't work with my computer etc.

I would think an innocent player would be like:

"Hell yes! A free webcam and an apology? Lets show that stuck up brat whos who."

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:12 PM   #43
-Yukari-
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
I would think an innocent player would be like:

"Hell yes! A free webcam and an apology? Lets show that stuck up brat whos who."
Of course, innocence is determined by blindly trusting somebody I don't know.

Of course you're going to say you think that's what an innocent player would say, because you want to prove I'm a fake right now. Let's see your reaction when I ask YOU to trust I will send you money over the internet and see how "legitimate" you are.

EDIT: Hahaha, you're probably going to say "sure, I'd trust you" for the purpose of this thread.

Last edited by -Yukari-; 01-26-2008 at 09:14 PM..
Old 01-26-2008, 09:13 PM   #44
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

Face it no one would go to such lengths to refuse making a video to stop anyone questioning anything if there wasn't a reason for it. If it isn't anything else then to just go against you for some personal reason then that's totally up to Yukari. However, it's not exactly like it is a hard thing to just go out and pick up a web cam, but what ever it isn't my grounds to determine what is best for anyone.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:20 PM   #45
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Lets put it this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Yukari- View Post
There is never going to be a top player EVERYBODY believes is legit, and DarkManticoreX2 will have to be one of my non-believers; whether or not he believes me is irrelevant to my legitimacy. In this thread, I have done all I can to dispel common loose assumptions about how to catch hackers, but I have not proven my legitimacy, nor can I in words (I will admit he is certainly right about that). The rest will have to come from faith, or humility.

Basically what you said here is "If I had the tools, I couldn't do what I claim to be capable of." Which in my book is an admission of Guilt.

You will not find a person on this website who says I'm untrustworthy, and Bender's and foilman's posts represent that.

I strongly urge you to reconsider your stance on this. We've seen hackers come and hackers go. We've seen people make very similar arguments to the arguments you're currently making. My top priority on this website is to TWG, and making the leaderboards as free from ilegitimate players as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:27 PM   #46
-Yukari-
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Good luck getting the admins to clear my scores then.

EDIT: If bender / foilman know you personally or have some personal way of vouching for you, I will consider it. Otherwise, your suspicions are meaningless, as you can prove nothing.

Also, I'd like you to explain where it said in that post that if I had a webcam, I couldn't prove my skill. In fact, tell me where it mentions the webcam.

Last edited by -Yukari-; 01-26-2008 at 09:30 PM..
Old 01-26-2008, 09:33 PM   #47
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Good luck getting the admins to clear my scores then.
Admission of guilt

Quote:
EDIT: If bender / foilman know you personally or have some personal way of vouching for you, I will consider it. Otherwise, your suspicions are meaningless, as you can prove nothing.
Excuses and everyone knows it.

Quote:
Also, I'd like you to explain where it said in that post that if I had a webcam, I couldn't prove my skill. In fact, tell me where it mentions the webcam.
Your stance on this issue implys you couldn't prove your skill.

Enjoy the puddle of obscurity you've drown yourself in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Old 01-26-2008, 09:34 PM   #48
jellygod
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jellygod Send a message via Skype™ to jellygod

let me just say this. lol ffr drama.

RETIRED
Rank 8 in regional ranking(Great Lakes)
"Never argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Old 01-26-2008, 09:36 PM   #49
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

What he was doing was going off of a point that I made I believe. You don't state anything about a webcam, but you seem to go to great lengths to not get this webcam. I don't know him personally, but the thing is he wouldn't go to such lengths to help you prove your legitmacy if he wasn't trustworthy.

EDIT: He totally ninja'd me, but still elaborated on my own views anyway.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:42 PM   #50
-Yukari-
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Because nobody lies on the internet. Of course I can believe him 100% just because he said he would send me money. Sort of like you guys are believing me 100% because I said I am legitmate. Right? Do you see your own hypocrisy now?

Also, I said that if somebody can personally vouch for DarkManticoreX2, that I would consider buying it. Apparently everybody ignored that in a rabid attempt to keep throwing suspicions around. Huh. You guys really read what you want to read and ignore the stuff that doesn't suit you.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:43 PM   #51
Engler
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I shall remain as skeptical as Manti, until you prove yourself, Yukari.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:44 PM   #52
-Yukari-
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

That's fine, no talented player will have 100% support.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:49 PM   #53
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Congratulations for calling the entire website hypocrites. You're winning a lot of freinds here I see.

Considering I'm going to the FFR convention, I'll transfer the money to you in front of Synthlight if I have to, Yet I bet even this wouldn't be good enough for you.

Do you really think I'd bother to show my face at a convention with so many of my peers if I couldn't hold up my end of the bargin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Old 01-26-2008, 09:51 PM   #54
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

Honestly, if you're legit the community couldn't give a ****.
Also, this kind of doesn't mean anything. Sure you win people over, but the suspicion stays. Videos is probably one the better ways to get people to believe.

Last edited by Kekeb; 01-26-2008 at 09:53 PM..
Old 01-26-2008, 09:52 PM   #55
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
Congratulations for calling the entire website hypocrites. You're winning a lot of freinds here I see.

Considering I'm going to the FFR convention, I'll transfer the money to you in front of Synthlight if I have to, Yet I bet even this wouldn't be good enough for you.

Do you really think I'd bother to show my face at a convention with so many of my peers if I couldn't hold up my end of the bargin?
Short of hand delivering it you money I don't see how he could do anything more to show that he actually means that he is going to send you the money.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:52 PM   #56
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Because nobody lies on the internet. Of course I can believe him 100% just because he said he would send me money. Sort of like you guys are believing me 100% because I said I am legitmate. Right? Do you see your own hypocrisy now?

Also, I said that if somebody can personally vouch for DarkManticoreX2, that I would consider buying it. Apparently everybody ignored that in a rabid attempt to keep throwing suspicions around. Huh. You guys really read what you want to read and ignore the stuff that doesn't suit you.
I'm sure there are MANY people who can vouch for Manti, in fact, I'd dare say that Tasselfoot would even do so. There are a lot of people who know him, and quite a few met him at the convention last year who wouldn't mind speaking up.

There is always suspicion in trusting others to do things for you, I can understand this side of the argument too - it's funny, this reminds me of politics in every facet; one side is worried the other will renege on their bargain. Therefore nothing will get done.

It's a shame. I'd really love to see something be worked out here.

EDIT: Active thread...ninja'd kind of.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:55 PM   #57
Redorigami
Call me Massive Swallow
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Redorigami Send a message via MSN to Redorigami Send a message via Yahoo to Redorigami

I wanna address some of this **** now too.
1)This whole thread was worthless. Yukari, you have only acheived negative views on youself through this, IMO. Personally, I think you've lowered your reputation with about every post. It would be one thing if you were a little bit humble, but that seems beneath you. I think merely the fact that you are so arrogant and seem to put yourself above most people increases the chances of people calling you BS.
2)Of all people, you're going to question Manti? I think with this many people vouching for him, even if not on a face to face personal basis, it seems a little less likely he would be that untrustworthy. Hell, Manti could offer to paypal me 100 dollars or more in reimbersement and I think I'd trust him, and I don't own a single dollar.
3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGAMES
I think HB is easier because it's too short to be hard.
Haha...where's that Hyrogashi post that says almost the exact same thing?

That's enough that I can think of for now. The first thing has really been bothering me this whole thread though. Seriously, anyone in their right minds would know that if you were under questioning then acting innocent and humble will affect peoples' perceptions. Like third grade psychology right there. I actually did not think of you BS, merely was skeptical. Now that I read this thread though I am questioning it a lot more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadNv View Post
Got dibs on La Camp.
Oh right, Im not any good.
Got dibs on Pita.

Last edited by Redorigami; 01-26-2008 at 09:57 PM..
Old 01-26-2008, 10:03 PM   #58
-Yukari-
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I came off arrogant? =/ Sorry.... where? People have said some things to me and I wanted to point out how silly it is to assume those things are worthy of being called proof to hacking. Nowhere did I say I am above everyone else in this thread. I have also not utilized Brag Board a single time since joining this site, even when I unlocked Otaku Speedvibe [Oni] (an exception is a thread I meant to post in Bugreport, I even had it locked). I am actually a very humble person, you won't see me gloating, and I only call people out in defense =/

People seem to completely ignore the fact that I have pages of posts quoting Manticore's rude and rather arrogant posts towards me before any of this started. I hadn't even spoken to him before. When I call him rude and even a brat for these actions, suddenly, I am the one that is making such a big attack. What is the reason for that? Why would you side with somebody who attacked me with no just cause - just because he has been here longer?

As for so many people trusting Manticore, and his words about showing up in front of his peers, I understand, and after posting this, I will shop around the web for a cheap cam.

Obviously, posting a thread like this wasn't to put myself above others, it was an attempt at putting myself on the same level =/ I am part of this community now and I have worked hard to achieve my scores; I am willing to prove it without totally going out of my way.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:04 PM   #59
immawhiteguy
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to immawhiteguy Send a message via MSN to immawhiteguy Send a message via Yahoo to immawhiteguy

Just take his damn money and buy a webcam Yukari. Or send him one Manti.

Jesus Christ I feel like I'm reading a middle school drama.

Thank you, haha. I'm gonna help.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:05 PM   #60
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

I agree with others, you seem to be hard headed. If you don't want to prove yourself, (that would be contradicting this thread) then don't buy the camera, and stick with some people calling you BS.

lol locked thread.

EDIT: Wow, no just cause? How about the fact that you're new and decent at the game... ave-misses, FPS, and engine all take getting used to. And it did not seem like you had to adjust to this. Why do we attack you? Manticore has been here longer and we would side with him before we side with a newer member. This may seem rude in itself, but it is my opinion.

Last edited by Kekeb; 01-26-2008 at 10:08 PM..
Closed Thread