Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-8-2012, 04:40 PM   #41
Findarian
Offical Best Poster 2012
FFR Veteran

Default Re: My GTS Story (Need opinion/argument)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
I didn't read anything other than your op

But the fact is you cheated and so that new account wasn't forced by anyone other than yourself saying anything otherwise is really ****ing dumb.

I don't mind if they combine it that aside as long as the banned scores are 100% removed from everywhere. I'd certainly be one to talk if cheated scores got you ripped apart from things you did legit, as I had a few cheated scores myself.

Others in the community where given second chances, so I don't see why giving you a little benefit of the doubt would be too bad.
Stopped At "I didn't read"

Cmon man, at least look at the other side of the arguement before you share you ever-unchanging opinions.

For my view on this, GTS should be added just because of the shear amount of work that was put in to getting it. I think Haku learned his lesson a long time ago, no need to keep punishing him for it.

As for the "haku got it done so why not me" I can't even think of but maybe 5 times I've ever seen people ask, and the minimal amount of effort it takes shouldn't use up 'precious admin time' that would otherwise go to working on the site.

PARTY TIME IN TGB

Old 09-8-2012, 05:20 PM   #42
Emanresu13
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

at Hakulyte:
it's just a game, don't sweat it

at admins:
it's just a game, combine it

personally:
i think it should be combined
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
^
Old 09-8-2012, 05:40 PM   #43
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

If I had been the one to make the decisions at the time, at the moment you were unblacklisted on Haku, you would have had all of your scores, GTS and gameplays reset to zero.

When you are blacklisted as a cheater, all of your previous scores on that account are under suspicion of cheating. The fact that you were even allowed to stay on the site on a new account and keeping logging scores is more than you ought to have gotten.

And then to be given access to your original account with logging scores again, once more, more than you ought to have gotten, but it's nice that you managed to convince someone that you'd turned over a new leaf and were no longer someone who cheats at this game. Asking to functionally come out of your ban for CHEATING and be AHEAD of where you were when you were nailed for cheating is absurd.

Be happy you got to keep the original gameplays and GTS on Haku in the first place, and stop asking to keep having your scores combined. Even aside from all the OTHER reasons why the policy is to not be merging account stats, you, personally, are not a special and unique case that SHOULD get better treatment. As far as I'm concerned, you're a unique and special case that should have had your scores all reset to zero the second you were allowed to log scores on Haku again.
Old 09-8-2012, 05:41 PM   #44
wildfireskunk
Purveyor of tea
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to wildfireskunk Send a message via MSN to wildfireskunk Send a message via Skype™ to wildfireskunk

I think he should have it combined. Considering how exceptional a case this is, and how he's paid his dues since those days long gone (isolation engine and just being a cool guy about here) I don't think that the 'if he has it done everyone else will ask for it' really comes into it. 17 billion is an unbelievable amount of GT, and I doubt the top 10 other biggest alts total much more than this.

Old 09-8-2012, 05:44 PM   #45
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

lmao owned by devonin

on topic:

if and when people start asking for GT combinations across several accounts, get ready for the "special treatment" card to start flying everywhere when people get denied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
Old 09-8-2012, 05:48 PM   #46
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

"Look at all the scores on my 10 alts, and take the best score on each song and condense them onto this one account, along with the gameplays, and GTS"

That is a thing that I -guarentee- you will happen, sooner rather than later, if we started a policy of merging account stats.

If the reason you have a special case is "I cheated" you've lost the right to special treatment (Not that any of you clowns has the right to special treatment) (j/k love you guys)
Old 09-8-2012, 05:49 PM   #47
wildfireskunk
Purveyor of tea
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to wildfireskunk Send a message via MSN to wildfireskunk Send a message via Skype™ to wildfireskunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Razor00 View Post
lmao owned by devonin

on topic:

if and when people start asking for GT combinations across several accounts, get ready for the "special treatment" card to start flying everywhere when people get denied.
New rule - GT Combining for alt accounts with 15bil+ GT and helpful alternative engines only.

Old 09-8-2012, 05:51 PM   #48
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Nope. Don't agree that it should be combined.
Old 09-8-2012, 05:51 PM   #49
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

devonin posted in critical thinking on 5 different accounts and when he became an admin he combined all of those posts into his devonin account
Old 09-8-2012, 05:52 PM   #50
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebirth0 View Post
devonin posted in critical thinking on 5 different accounts and when he became an admin he combined all of those posts into his devonin account
Oh snap...
Old 09-8-2012, 05:56 PM   #51
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebirth0 View Post
Could ban you for trolling I guess, but that's actually pretty amusing.
Old 09-8-2012, 05:56 PM   #52
Strum
FFR Player

Shit just got real
Old 09-8-2012, 05:57 PM   #53
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

Lighten up, dude.
Old 09-8-2012, 06:04 PM   #54
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

lmfao

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
Old 09-8-2012, 06:07 PM   #55
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

this is quickly turning into postcount+1

but really, devonin launched his admin missile, and it has landed. his point is there, and since he's devonin, that's...pretty much it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 09-8-2012, 06:10 PM   #56
Ohaider
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
I
middie disagrees with majority

whoa

i honestly don't think its a big deal
Old 09-8-2012, 06:11 PM   #57
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
If I had been the one to make the decisions at the time, at the moment you were unblacklisted on Haku, you would have had all of your scores, GTS and gameplays reset to zero.

When you are blacklisted as a cheater, all of your previous scores on that account are under suspicion of cheating. The fact that you were even allowed to stay on the site on a new account and keeping logging scores is more than you ought to have gotten.

And then to be given access to your original account with logging scores again, once more, more than you ought to have gotten, but it's nice that you managed to convince someone that you'd turned over a new leaf and were no longer someone who cheats at this game. Asking to functionally come out of your ban for CHEATING and be AHEAD of where you were when you were nailed for cheating is absurd.

Be happy you got to keep the original gameplays and GTS on Haku in the first place, and stop asking to keep having your scores combined. Even aside from all the OTHER reasons why the policy is to not be merging account stats, you, personally, are not a special and unique case that SHOULD get better treatment. As far as I'm concerned, you're a unique and special case that should have had your scores all reset to zero the second you were allowed to log scores on Haku again.
Can't help but agree with this.. sorry, Haku.

Old 09-8-2012, 06:13 PM   #58
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

I think gts is simple: you have what you get on your account. If you get gts on multiple accounts you have gts on multiple accounts. We all know you unofficially have the most points earned. Officially the score board doesn't lie and it beautifully should stay unchanged.
Old 09-8-2012, 07:34 PM   #59
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

if we're allowed to swap vet titles upon request (at the cost of wiping your gps and gts,) why can't one guy swap 5 times the requirement-- not even including the years that it requires-- without it being a serious "favouritism" quarrel. Honestly, can't you guys make the exception and expect that people wont even pull that cart anyway? Everyone knows Haku is an extremely special case here.

idk, idc, I just find it funny that we can transfer a title that costs 3b and 3y (or higher GT for less years) without trouble, and Haku can't transfer a giant amount at all. If anything it feels like the admins are trying to control the score board so no one feels bad about being so far behind Haku.

It still doesn't mean he didn't spend all that time legitimately playing the game.

Even still, he still technically loses his score that he had at the time anyway, because he can't add on whatever he had on Etyl. Which is probably somewhere around what he had when he cheated.

edit: also I realize I'm putting more oil on the fire by adding more things to debate about. I just was wondering why that was.

Last edited by Pseudo Enigma; 09-8-2012 at 07:38 PM..
Old 09-8-2012, 07:41 PM   #60
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
status

quo
status

Closed Thread