Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #41
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Older Times-->Now

I remember joining when I was 13. I played a bit (albeit I was absolutely terrible) but I left and hadn't played FFR or SM until just under a year ago.

Somehow I was already good and in my first day I AAA'd 26 songs, my first being Secret Zombie Room.

I remember MP being filled with people, ads all over the site and Rithum. Now none of those things are here...
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:38 PM   #42
Emithith
FFR Player

I have been playing FFR/SM since I was 9, but only signed up a few years ago.
Not hardcore like I do now, but it was still a good experience. My friend showed me this game, and I showed it to herogashix (who played it liek a baws for a year).
Emithith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #43
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I joined back when I was like, what, 15? Geeeeeeeeeeez.

I remember the exact time I joined, too. I was at a bubble tea cafe with some friends and there were computers along the back wall.
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #44
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
I remember the exact time I joined, too. I was at a bubble tea cafe with some friends and there were computers along the back wall.
I was in my kitchen with a friend. Haha.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #45
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

i got introduced by yoshl over two and a half years ago. that being my first rhythm game experience ever, i got owned in mp. it's actually kind of funny to see...but this account has /one/ play and it's already a higher rank than the old account. then after that one day, i never played ffr again. at the time i was doing pretty well in school; the internet was still uncharted territory for me, though, because getting comcast internet meant i could poke around without every page erupting in lag...and that's exactly what i was doing.

when i left ffr behind after that one day, i didn't play anything rhythm related for a long time until i found dancing onigiri in maybe august 2010. played it for a while, but didn't get much better over time. and yet i got hopelessly stuck to hitting arrows. i didn't come back here, though; i followed tasselfoot to thirdstyle and signed up there in november. i just thought i should come back because this still seems like where the people are...

i'm largely the same person, although i'm less introverted than i was.
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #46
remedy1502
remederpin
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura080789 View Post
i was 17 and i was in school the day after valentines day and i remembered awhile ago someone told me about the site so i signed up i joined because i was into DDR heavily so i started getting into stepmania so i checked here for SM files. i am 22 now. not really up to much just livin' life everyday makin' the best of it
I joined Feb 15th 2007 as well lol

I was 14, grade 9, and some dude was playing fotbb in the library at school, did shit probably cause in september the next school year I got 3 goods on Kick It not warmed up first thing in the morning and he was like wtf how did you do that. I got my class into an FFR phase, I dominated all of them, the only people who continued past that phase were me and boondocks77.

Now I'm 19, taking a year off school figuring out what I really want to do with my life looking for work and being depressed. I really put a bunch of time into the site to distract myself from my thoughts and whatnot, still partly why I play, also play cause I want to improve and be a top recognized player on this site but who knows when that'll happen =/
remedy1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:24 AM   #47
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Crashfan3 Send a message via Skype™ to Crashfan3

Skip this post, it's boring.

I started playing FFR in August/September 2006 but couldn't be bothered to make an account until the end of November of that year. I was a freshman in high school and I noticed someone in my Computer Applications class just mashing away at the keyboard playing this fun looking arrow game. At the time I had never even heard of DDR; the only rhythm game I knew of was Guitar Hero and I thought it was stupid. But this looked like a good timewaster so I signed up.

I started posting on the forums in January 2007, I believe... and my first posts were... well, god damn it I was 14. I quit posting around 220 and didn't post for a while, then came back, then quit again when I hit 1400, then came back again. Then the site went down. Then it came back, and here we are. Since I never had a MySpace (it confused the shit out of me) and I didn't get a Facebook until February 2010, FFR was always my go-to site for talking to interesting folks about boring shit. ;D

As for the game itself, I did try to go competitive in a junior level in 2008 but quit in January 2009 as my skills began to decline and I realized I couldn't make the transition from one-hand to spread. I did still play casually until the site went down, but now I really don't play at all anymore. At my highest point I held an average rank of about 870.

I don't want to play it up and make it sound like I've been through some epic transformation, but I have changed since 2006 as a person. Notably because I don't end my posts with 35 exclamation points and "ROTFLOL" inserted randomly. At 14 I was really still a kid. Now I've grown up */tear* and seen things. Good things, bad things as well. And I'm learning what it's like to be out there in the world.

holy crap that was one hell of a sappy post

Last edited by Crashfan3; 09-30-2011 at 12:26 AM..
Crashfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:30 AM   #48
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

I was 5, now I'm 13.
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:44 AM   #49
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
i got introduced by yoshl over two and a half years ago.
wat.

haha, i thought it was sidke or someone else who introduced you heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:55 AM   #50
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

Funny story. Upon approaching my 16th birthday, I was on Google one night trying to find a new DDR game I could ask my 'rents for as a gift. Basically, a CS version of an already released arcade mix. Well, instead of typing "DDR", I accidentally typed "FFR" onto google and lo' and behold, FlashFlashRevolution was the first link to come up. (The D key is parallel to the F key, and I never looked down to type either.) Lurking the database, the forums and eventually stumbling upon the game, I gave it a go. After a few hours of just casually playing songs from the Rock genre, I had finally decided to join the site.

I was 15 and a half then, I'm now 21. Working full-time and going to school part-time to become a software engineer is what's on the agenda.

Cool thread. 'Twas interesting reading people's stories on how they found FFR xD
00Razor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:53 AM   #51
welsh_girl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to welsh_girl Send a message via MSN to welsh_girl

How old were you when you joined? 13 just shy of 14
What were you doing in your life at the time? I was in school, year 9.
Why did you join? I loved DDR and wanted to play an internet version.
How long have you been here? Nearly 8 years.

How old are you now? What are you 21
doing in your life now? Become a Mum in '08 at 18 and I'm still a full time Mum to a 2.5 year old
Why are you still active on this site? Not sure, I think because it's the first forum I ever joined, has a nostalgia feel to it.
welsh_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #52
i love you
Live a wonderful life~
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

How old were you when you joined? I discovered this site when I was 12 years old but didn't make an account until a few months later. Played for a few days then quit. Then in 2005, (when I was 15) I google searched "DDR online" or something like that and found FFR. When I checked the site, I immediately remembered it and signed up again as "youcannotstopme" and played in that account for like several months, then one day (this is pretty lol) I was playing MP and this one dude was talking to me about how people got "attention" on this site by creating alternate accounts pretending to be a girl. So i thought, "maybe I should experiment with it" and so the account "i love you" was born in 2006 (when I was 16) and played on that account ever since until around late 2009 (when I was 19) when I got really interested in Stepmania. From there I quit the game competitively and now I just help the community.

What were you doing in your life at the time? At the time, I was just going to school and going to basketball practice so I had a lot of time in my hands.

Why did you join? That remains a mystery because I really do not know the answer to that question. I will say that I am glad that I discovered this site

How long have you been here? Technically 9 years but been active for about 5 1/2 years.

How old are you now? I'm 21 years old now

What are you doing in your life now? Pharmacy School, Work, FFR (Helping Community and Judge Files), Stepmania (Stepping), OSU! (Playing)

Why are you still active on this site? Something in my mind tells me that I still have to be on this site to accomplish a mission. Also, I still have some true friends on this site that I want to meet! (:
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #53
PaperclipGames
Mrow~
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to PaperclipGames Send a message via Skype™ to PaperclipGames

How old were you when you joined? Er, I think about 13-ish. I only made my account far later, when I was already 15.
What were you doing in your life at the time? Procrastinating school, playing games, amongst which FFR.
Why did you join? Because I was (and still am) a lazy person and because I love rhythm games. I tend to nail rhythm games very quickly (example: GH3), but the reason why I am still playing FFR is because there are still songs I can't get good scores in (read: mostly FGO songs, some FMO ones, and jacking in general) and I hate that. :P
How long have you been here? About five years total.
How old are you now? Will be 19 in few months. :3
What are you doing in your life now? Studying mathematics at uni, having a lousy job, actually not having any spare time but claiming it anyway, to, for example, play FFR. I have been inactive on FFR for a long while at some point and rediscovered its addictiveness a while back. I only recently started to actually set goals for myself, fill those FC/AAA/Tier bars and lower Av and OvRank.
Why are you still active on this site? See above, haha. I also want to finally be involved some more in the actual community. :3

948 AAAs | 1461 FCs | 549 TPs | 7 FMO AAAs
Skype: paperclipgames | Steam: alegiano | Last.fm: Alegiano | Ask.fm: Clippysan | Facebook: LINK
Best AAAs: Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star (69), Nous (69), Pure Ruby (68), Heavenly Spores (68), Ambient Angels (66), Within Life (66), Defection (66) Southern Cross (65)
PaperclipGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #54
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love you View Post
How old were you when you joined? I discovered this site when I was 12 years old but didn't make an account until a few months later. Played for a few days then quit. Then in 2005, (when I was 15) I google searched "DDR online" or something like that and found FFR. When I checked the site, I immediately remembered it and signed up again as "youcannotstopme" and played in that account for like several months, then one day (this is pretty lol) I was playing MP and this one dude was talking to me about how people got "attention" on this site by creating alternate accounts pretending to be a girl. So i thought, "maybe I should experiment with it" and so the account "i love you" was born in 2006 (when I was 16) and played on that account ever since until around late 2009 (when I was 19) when I got really interested in Stepmania. From there I quit the game competitively and now I just help the community.

What were you doing in your life at the time? At the time, I was just going to school and going to basketball practice so I had a lot of time in my hands.

Why did you join? That remains a mystery because I really do not know the answer to that question. I will say that I am glad that I discovered this site

How long have you been here? Technically 9 years but been active for about 5 1/2 years.

What are you doing in your life now? Pharmacy School, Work, FFR (Helping Community and Judge Files), Stepmania (Stepping), OSU! (Playing)

Why are you still active on this site? Something in my mind tells me that I still have to be on this site to accomplish a mission. Also, I still have some true friends on this site that I want to meet! (:
Love that story everytime xD
we should bring back the everyone has a girl alt account thing
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #55
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld View Post
Love that story everytime xD
we should bring back the everyone has a girl alt account thing
Darkshark is a girl.

I know this because Shash made her get a video camera to prove it

^___________________^

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:02 PM   #56
remedy1502
remederpin
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love you View Post

So Kiki how's Rebirth~
remedy1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #57
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

How old were you when you joined? 19
What were you doing in your life at the time? I was working somewhere or another lol. I can't remember anymore but I used to work 2 jobs at a time for a good while. I think at this point and time I was working at circuit city and the roller rink.
Why did you join? I don't remember the specifics of it, all I remember is my brother playing it and it was something along the lines of "hey that looks cool what's that site" Became a member but very rarely played due to working so much.
How long have you been here? Almost 7 years
How old are you now? 26
What are you doing in your life now? I'm now a mom of a beautiful 6 month old baby girl, going to school, and have been discussing with AJ about potentially opening a business. Basically just planing our future and taking care of my lil one.
Why are you still active on this site? I've met a lot of great people here and FFR is how I met AJ. There are some people here I've become extremely close to. It's kinda hard to explain it for me, it just kinda feels like home I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #58
CoolRun
dreamin'
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to CoolRun

How old were you when you joined?: 10. Played in late 2003, joined in early 2004.
What were you doing in your life at the time?: Not much really. I had just moved from Canada to the United States and back. Just breezing through elementary.
Why did you join?: A friend introduced me to the game. With not having much experience with the internet at the time, I decided that FFR would be the game I'd dedicate myself to for years to come.
How old are you now?: 18.
What are you doing in your life now?: Nothing, literally. I have no idea what to do.
Why are you still active on this site?: I'm still here because FFR's my gaming getaway along with what the community has shaped it to be. I feel that I should give back sooner or later having spent nearly half my life on here.
CoolRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #59
Zekramcross
The Break Ends
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Zekramcross

How old were you when you joined?: I was, I believe 12 or 13.
What were you doing in your life at the time?: School pretty much doing what middle school kids do.
Why did you join?: I saw this game while a friend was playing it and immediate attachment to the keyboard. I used to AAA 10s when I was 12 or so until the site crashed. I lost all my skill when I joined again back in May of this year. Yeah, I know the skill reset button has been pressed. Now I can barely AAA 6s lol.
How old are you now?: 17 about to be 18 in January. Technically been around for 3-4 years, but active on the forums for a few months.
What are you doing in your life now?: I am a senior in high school. I am going to a technical school for IT. I'm about to get a part-time job as IT at an office for a tree company.
Why are you still active on this site?: I really like the competitiveness this site has as it helps me recover from my reset. There are people I would like to meet from the site and I know that nobody would want me to meet them. The game is addicting as hell and I want to get my skill back and AAA 10s again.

Zekramcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2011, 08:44 AM   #60
Snowcrafta
V's beta-male entourage

Send a message via AIM to Snowcrafta

Quote:
Originally Posted by awein999 View Post
ffr is nearing 10 years of age. How old were you when you joined? What were you doing in your life at the time? Why did you join? How long have you been here?

How old are you now? What are you doing in your life now? Why are you still active on this site?

I was 17 back in May of '05, and I was horribly obsessed with Stepmania; I actually joined arch0wl's old site way back in the day, and didnt join FFR for almost a year after I was a regular over there. I was still in high school, and the most expensive thing I wanted and worked my ass off for was a modded PS2 and a copy of IIDX, which I eventually got.

I'm 23 now, community college dropout, and doing better than I probably would be if I had stuck through and got my AA in Communication. Making the healthcare switch was the best idea I ever had. I'm still active on this site because it's a relic of my past, and it's fun to periodically get back into this forum because I still know some of the people from my day.