Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-9-2008, 04:54 PM   #41
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MooMoo_Cowfreak
Default Re: Law where if you can't prove nothing, you can't do nothing about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokelda View Post
back in the good old days, we had this amazing technology called pen and paper
I myself prefer a pencil thank you.

In response to what you said EnR, I once e-mailed a teacher bashing her. Like she was teaching my 6th grade friend's class Algebra, and she basically gave them a 5 minute lecture and gave them the homework. He was struggling with it, so I helped him. Pissed off, I e-mailed her. The next day she changed her ways and talked to the students about how they felt about her and if they were stressed or whatever. So yeah I made a DIFFERENCE.

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis
MooMoo_Cowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2008, 05:04 PM   #42
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Law where if you can't prove nothing, you can't do nothing about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coraleaterlinda View Post
her class, her rules. it's school, "rights" arent really an issue here.
lol...
Those aren't rights you should have (to ENR)

I mean, I had no right to talk back to the teachers who gave me ISS for raising my hand or slammed doors in my faces and told me that a guy could kill me outside of a classroom... because no one will believe you anyways.

I mean, seriously, I have a better reason to make a thread like this...

My teacher gave me a 20 on a test because I used fractions instead of decimals and put "Pencils and Erasers" as something I would be thankful for this Thanksgiving...

the only two I got right were Avogadro's Number (6.022 x 10^23) and some question that ended up having the answer being a whole number.
~kitty~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2008, 05:45 PM   #43
Red_Comet
Not your typical member
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Red_Comet Send a message via MSN to Red_Comet Send a message via Skype™ to Red_Comet

that is pretty disturbing kitty, but did you follow verbal directions? she could have specified decimals to be rounded to the largest xth digit.
Red_Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2008, 06:33 PM   #44
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricoo View Post
He should probably be paying attention anyway. Seriously.

"Can't prove nothing." You shouldn't be playing games.
The teacher didn't leave the supply teacher any work. So basically, we expected her to be cool and let us lisin' to music and play games, search the web on our laptops, which most of our teachers do. But instead, this sub ****ing sits right behind us half the time (us four) and then doesn't even look at the other 5-6 people with laptops scattered around the class.
Old 12-9-2008, 07:24 PM   #45
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Were you guys being loud/noisy/whatever?
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2008, 07:28 PM   #46
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Neither of us were even talking.
Old 12-9-2008, 07:36 PM   #47
Patricoo
FFR Player

Doesn't matter.
Old 12-9-2008, 07:45 PM   #48
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Alright, I have one more thing to discuss about, involving school.

The past 2 years, we have got this class added before lunch, called P.E.P, which is a study period, and a class where we would do homework. They made this class by taking 10 minutes of all 4 classes and then making this class 40 minutes long. What atleast 10-15% of the school does is skip it, and some of my friends are getting threatend to have their 4 credits taken away, because they won't have the 110 hours required for each class.

But what I'm thinking is... What if some of the kids getting threatend to have their credits taken away because of skipping this class too much, being told, that 10 minutes still counts as class hours, still go to each class for atleast 110 hours, but skip P.E.P.

They're still getting the time required, and still get to skip the P.E.P, but for some reason are still getting threatend to have their credits taken away, for skipping a class, which really isn't a class and doesn't even give any credits.

So should these students still deserve to get their credits taken away.
Old 12-9-2008, 07:46 PM   #49
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

SO LIKE I MADE PEE PEE ON THE STAGE AT MY SCHOOL, AND NOW THEY WANT TO MAKE ME PAY MONEY FOR RUINING SCHOOL PROPERTY? W T F.

What an idiot. In our school, we have a really cool principal, Mr. Handel, who randomly pops into classes and distracts the kids and the teachers always wag their fingers and go "Oh you", and whenever something comes up with no proof, he's willing to talk about it.
Old 12-9-2008, 07:47 PM   #50
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

You just don't get it do you? Whether or not the law makes sense, it's the law. The teacher is the law in this case and if she's using her judgment to decide that you were up to no good, then that's the end of that. The only time where you would be above her is that if you weren't doing anything wrong at all, which you obviously were not.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2008, 07:52 PM   #51
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

EnR:

I don't quite understand. How many class days do you have? Are you saying that there's Class 1 + Class 2 + Class 3 + Class 4 + some fraction*(Class 1 + Class 2 + Class 3 + Class 4) per day or something, for a total of 550 hours total? And somehow each class is worth a credit, except the last one?

Regardless: You guys should not be skipping class so much. It seems like your circle of friends put more effort into trying to game the system and see what you can get away with than actually showing up and just doing what you're supposed to be doing. Seems like there's this constant need to bend and break and rules and then complain when there are repercussions.

Last edited by MrRubix; 12-9-2008 at 07:57 PM..
Old 12-9-2008, 07:53 PM   #52
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnR View Post
nvm
Before you get some crazy ideas about what I said before I edited this post, what is going on here? I was under the assumption that they were taking an extra class outside, but not getting the credits for a small 10 minute period per day. But after rereading your post, they seem to be taking no extra class and that the small period is made from 10 minutes from each class. If you have 4 classes, that would be 40 minutes, making it almost another period or class. If it's suppose to count for a class, then they have every right to take away your credits if you don't take the class.

The goal of this class is a study period. It's not supposed to be your off period. You're just looking for ways to skip school, which is just fine as long as you're ready to accept the consequences.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!

Last edited by tsugomaru; 12-9-2008 at 07:58 PM..
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2008, 08:02 PM   #53
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
EnR:

I don't quite understand. How many class days do you have? Are you saying that there's Class 1 + Class 2 + Class 3 + Class 4 + some fraction*(Class 1 + Class 2 + Class 3 + Class 4) per day or something, for a total of 550 hours total? And somehow each class is worth a credit, except the last one?

Regardless: You guys should not be skipping class so much. It seems like your circle of friends put more effort into trying to game the system and see what you can get away with than actually showing up and just doing what you're supposed to be doing. Seems like there's this constant need to bend and break and rules and then complain when there are repercussions.
2 semesters, 4 classes each semester. French/English/P.E.P/Lunch/Math/Welding. that's this semester, for me anyway. that exact schedual from sept 5th or whenever we started school until feburary. then I get my next 4 classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugomaru View Post
Before you get some crazy ideas about what I said before I edited this post, what is going on here? I was under the assumption that they were taking an extra class outside, but not getting the credits for a small 10 minute period per day. But after rereading your post, they seem to be taking no extra class and that the small period is made from 10 minutes from each class. If you have 4 classes, that would be 40 minutes, making it almost another period or class. If it's suppose to count for a class, then they have every right to take away your credits if you don't take the class.

~Tsugomaru
It doesn't count for anything though, it's just a period which nobody does anything, well some people do, but most don't. If we still got the 110 hours in each class, and still skipped P.E.P, it would be the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgZ View Post
do you mean skip P.E.P and instead use those 10 minutes in class normally like in the past?

It would never work, because that's more work for teachers and would probably interfere with their contact.
No, just go to our classes as we usually would, and then skip PEP, go eat lunch early, etc. We'd still be getting the required 110 hours of each class, even with skipping PEP.

Btw, if anyone cares, my school has like only 300 students, and the 9th and 10th graders lunch/PEP switch with us, when we have Lunch, they have PEP, when they have lunch, we have PEP.

EDIT: Also, I skip PEP to go eat lunch with my girl friend, who is in 9th grade, me being in 11th, she has a different lunch time than me, therefore I skip PEP to go see her, basically because she's more important than school.
Old 12-9-2008, 08:05 PM   #54
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Yea, that's probably the reason. I mean, who likes to clean up piss... Especially when it would be next to the Ping-Pong tables, so I wouldn't be able to play during lunch.

EDIT: Rubix, I forgot to add, we only have a required 440 hours total. 4 classes. the 5th PEP doesn't even count for hours. Well, apparently it does according to the principal, he says it adds into that 440 total.

Last edited by EnR; 12-9-2008 at 08:09 PM..
EnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2008, 08:11 PM   #55
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

So you get 4 credits per semester? And they are threatening to take away the semester's credits? What's the requirement for PEP attendance?
Old 12-9-2008, 08:14 PM   #56
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

There is none, it just supposedly counts in that 440 hours.
Old 12-9-2008, 08:14 PM   #57
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to virus003

This thread just became a beat on rzr thread. Rofl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
Jesus rzr, you're like some weird level of low-class retard or something.

Use a damn bathroom like the rest of the civilized world -- you're not a leaky puppy or some ****. Didn't even lay down the newspaper, I bet.

BTW also horrible example -- evidence is all up in that ****.

Thank goodness that anyone worthwhile (i.e. anyone not retarded) will graduate in a few years or sooner and no longer have to be burdened by your presence.

Go play in traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUioX View Post
too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundb0x View Post
i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
stop back seat modding its annoying
virus003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2008, 08:18 PM   #58
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Well, if it counts, then it counts. You need to attend it. If you're constantly skipping a required course, you're going to be punished for it.
Old 12-9-2008, 08:22 PM   #59
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

I still don't think we should lose 4 credits for this one class, if we still get 440+ hours of class time. BUT, I do agree that we should still be punished for it, but mainly just detentions or something.
Old 12-9-2008, 08:29 PM   #60
Patricoo
FFR Player

First off, no 9th grader is worth it because you'll just break up by the time you get to college. If you don't, then you'll break up by the time she gets to college because lets be honest, 300 sized school? Once she gets older you guys will be out of things to "do" and she'll have more attractive guys around her for once.

Psht. College students here? Please say amen to that.

Also, the issue here seems to be that kids are skipping study hall and are getting threatened to be discipline you for skipping study hall. The question is, is this fair. (EDIT: I wrote that for myself so I wouldn't go off track again. Heh.) Well to be honest, you have to consider two things. One, they need to have some track of you. You can't be around anywhere you want righT? Your school probably has some sort of hall pass system/doesn't allow you to do a waltz in the hallways. You gotta be somewhere, so even though you probably won't like it, it's a fair punishment to restrict credits. Being uclocatable due to skipping class is a perfectly legit reason to put down such a severe punishment.

Now, to be honest, I hate study hall. You're right. It is useless. No one studies. Everyone talks or just sits around. It's stupid. You win that argument. What can you do about it? Well you can either gripe to your friends and then go to an internet forum, or you could actually attempt to rally some support of the student council and faculty and try to change it.

Or you could just go to the damned class and be glad you don't have to do anything.

Last edited by Patricoo; 12-9-2008 at 08:33 PM..
Patricoo is offline   Reply With Quote