Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat > Ask Me Anything
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Ask Me Anything A forum where notable users offer to answer questions from the userbase.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:26 AM   #21
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Ben's AMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
Sexual preference?
When it comes to actual relationships, I prefer women. However, when it comes to just having fun, I like to play around on both sides, so I'll flirt with guys and do other crap. But I can only imagine having a lasting relationship with a girl. The closest any guy will get with me is a "friend with benefits" status, nothing higher.

tl;dr: I'm straight...mostly...kinda...I don't even know.
tl;dr: It's complicated as all living ****

EDIT: As for the answer that talked about homosexual penguins, I mentioned that for the fact that I don't like how people make such a big deal about it and I hate how people view it as "wrong." Some people are just close minded and it's stuff like that bothers me, so the fact that homosexual penguins exist is a great mind-opener and destroys people's orthodox beliefs.

EDIT2: If I were to have sex with a penguin however, I'm just straight up bi- in that regard. ****ing penguins, love um all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
aka are you legitimately a homosexual?
I hope my answer above answers your question, I don't know how you would define homosexual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX View Post
Would you have sex with a penguin if it was socially acceptable?
Yes Would I have sex with a penguin even if it wasn't socially acceptable but I had the opportunity to do so? I would consider it...probably wouldn't be able to resist x.x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Love these sexual questions.

Is this a sexual question?
Well, it's a question. And it was the word "sexual" in it so I guess it's sexual. So I would say...yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessXoXLight View Post
Who is the user you dislike the most?
Magda

Wha? D: Why do you hate me? D: Do you hate OWA by association? D: Do you abuse your penguin plushies in rage because of my existence? D:
I don't hate you, it's just if I had to choose the one person on this site who I don't like the most, it would be you. Your attitude and posting style alone is a little bothersome already, and it became a bit personal when I've noticed the way you respond to my posts in particular. Not to mention some of the things you've pm'ed me. I'm assuming you don't like me either, or possibly even hate me, but if that isn't the case, I'd like to get things reconciled between us. The longest grudge I've ever held against anyone probably isn't even a day, so you wouldn't have to worry about that. As for OWA, he's not you, so I have no reason to dislike him for that reason. His sense of humor and attitude/posting style is usually hit or miss with me though, but I think he's an ok guy in general, I got nothing against him. As for the last question, no I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristana View Post
do u have friends at usc

what is ur opinion on the trojans football team
I had friends, but they were really shallow friends and shallow relationships, nothing that really stuck. I was a spring admit for 2012, so I transferred there from the "main" 4-year public university on Oahu (UH Manoa). The cultural shock was a bit much for me (coming for a small town in Hawaii) and going to such a big and somewhat-prestigious school with an "island mentality" was hard for me to handle. Homesickness also struck hard since the majority of my family was living 1000's of miles away from me at the time. It was a experience I wasn't mentally prepared for. So right now I'm attending a local university in my hometown in Hilo and I'm going to transfer back to UH Manoa and finish up there. I have a lot of good friends there that I made my first semester, as well as some good relationships with a few professors and other faculty. UH Manoa is the perfect distance at the moment, it provides me with enough sense of independence (since most of my family is on a completely other island and they can't like drive there, lol) but I still have that sense of security, knowing that home is just a 45 minute flight away and that my family knows some people in Oahu that could help me if anything ever happened. Also, USC was expensive, even with all the financial aid they offered me, so I'm just going to avoid undergraduate debt and expand my horizons a bit more when I go to graduate school where it really counts.

Sorry for taking forever to answer the first question. For the second one, since I was admitted for the spring, I wasn't there for football season. :/ And the only football I follow is the football of whatever school I'm attending by attending the home games and periodically checking the stats from away games. I only like watching football in person at a game, so I haven't watched a USC game, so I can't form a good opinion on the football team.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

Last edited by reuben_tate; 09-20-2012 at 02:34 AM..
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:37 AM   #22
Zekramcross
The Break Ends
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Zekramcross

1. What has been your most favorite experience on FFR?
2. Do you have any social events that you like especially?
3. What's your favorite class in college currently?
4. Which instruments did you play in high school?
5. Is there any other animals you like besides penguins?
6. If you could, would you visit the eastern US?
7. Can you cook?
8. How would you feel if you roomed with a brother in college?
9. Did you have any awkward experiences while in college?
10. What's your favorite ride in an amusement park?
11. Do you like when people call you "chief'?
12. How formal can you get without feeling uncomfortable?
13. Do you have fans?
14. What about computer science that sparked your interest in it?
15. Do you have high school friends that you still talk to today?
16. What is your favorite color?
17. If you were to pick between the sun and the moon, which would you pick and why.
18. Do you have a role model?
19. Who or what is your inspiration for college?
20. Do you love me?

Zekramcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:07 AM   #23
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Answers in bold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekramcross View Post
1. What has been your most favorite experience on FFR?
Official 6, had a blast, made new friends, and scared the shit out of people with the skillboost I had.
2. Do you have any social events that you like especially?
I don't understand this question completely. Do you mean like recurring events or social groups/clubs in the community or in school?
3. What's your favorite class in college currently?
Linear Algebra, I used to hate drawing curly braces but I've gotten good at them so now I love drawing them and we use them all the time for set notation.
4. Which instruments did you play in high school?
Clarinet for the most part, was first chair but I'm super rusty now. I'd play around on the piano a bit as well, but the most I can do is nursery rhymes and chopsticks and stuff like that, I can read the sheet music and tell which keys to hit, but I don't have the physical capabilities of being able to read the sheet music and translate that into muscle movement in a reasonable amount of time.
5. Is there any other animals you like besides penguins?
I also like birds in general. But penguins...<3
6. If you could, would you visit the eastern US?
I don't see why not.
7. Can you cook?
Not amazingly but I can cook a decent amount of dishes. Although I commonly call my mom to double check or ask about ingredients and cooking procedures.
8. How would you feel if you roomed with a brother in college?
That would depend if I liked my brother or not.
9. Did you have any awkward experiences while in college?
Forgetting something when I went to the shower happened quite often, I'm so forgetful. The worst is forgetting your towel >.<
10. What's your favorite ride in an amusement park?
I don't think anything beats a big, fast, scary rollercoaster. I enjoy the thrill :3
11. Do you like when people call you "chief'?
I can't remember any specific instances when people would call me that.I would guess it would depend on the context. For example, if I were working on a group project and my groupmates looked up to me and was like "So, what's the plan chief?" I would take that as a compliment. Although, if I'm asking my teammates to do things and they get all cocky and be like "Ok Mr. Chief" then I wouldn't like that. I would feel like I'm being too bossy in that case.
12. How formal can you get without feeling uncomfortable?
You mean like attire and situation wise? Like going in for an interview or something? I wouldn't find it uncomfortable at all, perhaps nerve-wracking, but it's a type of situation that happens and you just got to deal with it.
13. Do you have fans?
No, I should probably get one because we don't have air conditioning either.
14. What about computer science that sparked your interest in it?
It started back in high school when a friend showed me a little flash game he made. I thought it was cool that you could make games like that. Although, I'm not glued in on game programming, I'm thinking about doing something in software engineering. I'm still a bit clueless what to really do.
15. Do you have high school friends that you still talk to today?
Pretty much everyday, yup
16. What is your favorite color?
Blue, particularly the lighter shades
17. If you were to pick between the sun and the moon, which would you pick and why.
That would depend on what I was picking them for. Am I picking one to destroy or am I picking one to be on my kickball team?
18. Do you have a role model?
Penguins
19. Who or what is your inspiration for college?
My mom, she told me a long time ago that she wanted me to have a much better life than her and she told me she doesn't want me making the same mistakes she did. Since I didn't want the life she had and since I wanted to make my mom happy (I'm such a mama's boy :P), college was the best route to do so.
20. Do you love me?
Not like that.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
Old 09-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #24
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Favorite artist?
dragonmegaXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #25
Tristana
Banned

not renard
Tristana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #26
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX View Post
Favorite artist?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
What's your favorite music artist?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
I'm musically retarded when it comes to listening to music, I just listen to whatever "sounds good" and I don't put much attention/thought into the music artist of the song I'm listening to. There's a lot of artists I kinda like and a lot of don't really care for, but I can't think of any particular one that I really like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristana View Post
not renard
Yes.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #27
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

do you like my files?
do you think im funny?
do you hate me?
have i ever said something and you were like "omg did he just say that wow what an asshole jerk face UGH I HATE YOU"?
what would you say your favourite file of mine is?
do you like my sm files or my ffr files more?
who would you kill for a klondike bar?
if they had a penguin sex toy would you buy it?
if you could meet yourself in the past and in the futur what would you say to yourself?
but what if?
Wayward Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #28
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to UserNameGoesHere

Quote:
EDIT2: If I were to have sex with a penguin however, I'm just straight up bi- in that regard. ****ing penguins, love um all.

Yes Would I have sex with a penguin even if it wasn't socially acceptable but I had the opportunity to do so? I would consider it...probably wouldn't be able to resist x.x
Seriously?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UserNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:16 AM   #29
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
do you like my files?
Your files are hit or miss with me. Some I enjoy playing, others make me want to throw this laptop out the window.
do you think im funny?
yup yup ^.^
do you hate me?
nope
have i ever said something and you were like "omg did he just say that wow what an asshole jerk face UGH I HATE YOU"?
Maybe a few times, but I can't remember any specific occasions off the top of my head.
what would you say your favourite file of mine is?
I like Velocity, even though I still haven't AAA'ed it, lawl
do you like my sm files or my ffr files more?
I rarely play sm, so I wouldn't know which files are better
who would you kill for a klondike bar?
There's a lot of people in the gbin that I don't mind seeing gone
if they had a penguin sex toy would you buy it?
I've seen one before, I'm tempted to get it...
if you could meet yourself in the past and in the futur what would you say to yourself?
Assuming they didn't know I was coming, I'd probably see if I could scare the crap out of them or something, lawl.
but what if?
then yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNameGoesHere View Post
Seriously?
Oh yes

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-22-2012, 05:19 AM   #30
FFRGreen
Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to FFRGreen Send a message via Skype™ to FFRGreen

why
FFRGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:13 AM   #31
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFRGreen View Post
why
because I can

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #32
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

i am satisfied
Wayward Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #33
Zapmeister
FFR Player

You're playing poker with a tiger. You're holding 9s 9c and the flop is 10d 10h Jh. The tiger is lying on its back rolling around in a sort of playful manner. Without bothering to get up it shoves about 1/4 of its chips into the pot. Do you fold? call? raise? or run screaming?

In general, if you put snow in your freezer, it turns into ice within days. Do you know any tips to prevent that from happening and make it stay snow-like?

Do you do sudoku?

Is "Are eigenfunctions of Sturm-Liouville equations orthogonal?" a rhetorical question?

Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

ask me anything here

mashed FCs: 329

r1: 5
r2: 4
r3: 6
r4: 8
r5: 3
r6: 5
r7: 15
final position: 4th
Zapmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #34
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Answered in bold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapmeister View Post
You're playing poker with a tiger. You're holding 9s 9c and the flop is 10d 10h Jh. The tiger is lying on its back rolling around in a sort of playful manner. Without bothering to get up it shoves about 1/4 of its chips into the pot. Do you fold? call? raise? or run screaming?
I'm bad with poker. But assuming that the tiger hasn't demolished me into shreds already and we are already at the flop, I'd assume the tiger has some level of tameness, so I wouldn't run away. I'm bad at poker, but I'd say I probably raise.
In general, if you put snow in your freezer, it turns into ice within days. Do you know any tips to prevent that from happening and make it stay snow-like?
I live in Hawaii and I haven't seen snow in 13 years which is when I went to Texas for year with my mother, so I'm probably THE WORST person you could ask. But perhaps putting the snow in a ziploc bag might help?
Do you do sudoku?
On occasion, I usually take my time with them though.
Is "Are eigenfunctions of Sturm-Liouville equations orthogonal?" a rhetorical question?
I'd say it'd depend on the context. If it's used in the context where both people are really familiar with subject, then perhaps yes. Like if a Linear Algebra professor is explaining a proof and gets to the end and is like "Is the square root of x subi,j squared x subi,j? Yes. Therefore, we have proved..." In this case, he doesn't actually expect the class to answer the question because it would seem rather trivial to them. However, if that same question was asked to a 2nd grade class, they wouldn't know the answer and would probably ask why you are using letters in math and other questions. Otherwise, no, because the expected answer would be "I don't know", which would void it's property as a rhetorical question.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #35
Zakvvv666
I catch fruit

How many sexual fantasies have you had about penguins in the last 7 days?

Quote:
I'll bid a single erotic yet safe-for-work photo of me posing while wearing my Piplup hat while sucking on a blueberry lollipop with my mouth partially open so you can see the lollipop color to verify it's blueberryness.

Disclaimer: This photo is not guaranteed to cause pleasure.

Zakvvv666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #36
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666 View Post
How many sexual fantasies have you had about penguins in the last 7 days?
I don't keep count, sorry.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #37
Zekramcross
The Break Ends
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Zekramcross

1. Can you sing along to a song in japanese?
2. How do you like your burgers done?
3. What kind of music do you listen to?
4. Are you an indoor or an outdoor person?
5. Would you like a pet penguin one of these days?
6. Will you room with me if you could?
7. In relation with question 6: Will we have massive penguin rave party?
8. What is your preference in anime women?

Zekramcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #38
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Answered in bold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekramcross View Post
1. Can you sing along to a song in japanese?
If given the lyrics in Romaji (Japanese in English characters) I can sing along since I know how to pronounce Japanese. Although if the song is super fast, I'll probably stumble and not be able to keep up (like I can't do Disappearance of Hatsune Miku, screw that xD) I can also sing along to songs in English, Spanish, and Hawaiian given the lyrics.
2. How do you like your burgers done?
Medium Rare
3. What kind of music do you listen to?
Whatever sounds good.
4. Are you an indoor or an outdoor person?
Both, I can't stand being cooped up in the house, but sometimes it's hard to find something to do since I don't have a car. :/
5. Would you like a pet penguin one of these days?
If it was legal, I'd have one already.
6. Will you room with me if you could?
Hanging out with someone and living with someone is two different things. I'd give it a week or two before deciding if I wanted to move out or not.
7. In relation with question 6: Will we have massive penguin rave party?
Only if I could get enough people to actually come.
8. What is your preference in anime women?
You know those girls in some anime that are super nice, shy, and pretty but are usually ditzy and can't take a clue or takes awhile to get something through her head? I like the girls that call those girls out for being so ditzy. These girls are usually the type don't take crap from people, bonus points if they have a tomboyish kinda look.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #39
Zakvvv666
I catch fruit

If you had a pet penguin, would you have had sex with it already?

Quote:
I'll bid a single erotic yet safe-for-work photo of me posing while wearing my Piplup hat while sucking on a blueberry lollipop with my mouth partially open so you can see the lollipop color to verify it's blueberryness.

Disclaimer: This photo is not guaranteed to cause pleasure.

Zakvvv666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #40
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666 View Post
If you had a pet penguin, would you have had sex with it already?
We'd be best friends with benefits, and I'd get my benefits every day ( ^)>

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: