Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #21
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Older Times-->Now

Was a freshman in highschool, first time I saw this game was Shash playing in our now-infamous physics lab. Back in the days when you could get top10 rank on songs like OMW without even FCing them.

Now I'm some kind of college drop-out kid, I don't even know.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:17 AM   #22
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I was 13 when I joined. was shown by a friend who was in university.
He played AIM Anthem, I was like WTF AWESOME.

I'm almost 17 now, and am trying to submit stepfiles into the batch.
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:29 AM   #23
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awein999 View Post
How old were you when you joined? What were you doing in your life at the time? Why did you join? How long have you been here?
16. School (just graduated from high school). This game pretty much have no end and I got tired of ending my other games and looked for something with a nearly infinite progress line to try and get better and not just being like "I beat the game on hard yey..". I'm here since 6.25~ years.

Quote:
How old are you now? What are you doing in your life now? Why are you still active on this site?
23. School (about to graduate from college). Still trying to get better, will probably quit if I get sdg avrank or 1 FGO aaa, hands are not in good enough condition to keep playing much more than that and I don't really see myself achieving anything better unless by some miracle I fix weaknesses. Probably going to try to stay/contribute to community more after.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 09-29-2011 at 09:33 AM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:03 AM   #24
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I joined when I was 13 because I was looking for stepmania simfiles other than ddr. I never played the game until 2008 because I couldn't read 1x.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:25 AM   #25
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

How old were you when you joined? What were you doing in your life at the time? Why did you join? How long have you been here?

How old are you now? What are you doing in your life now? Why are you still active on this site?

i was 17 when i found out/signed up for ffr.i was in my senior year so like most seniors i was enjoying my last year of high school before i headed off to college(at the time that was my game plan which fell apart shortly afterward). i joined because i wanted some stepfiles for stepmania. ive been here for 5 years as of august

im 22 going on 23 in october! right now im enjoying my life as much as possible under my current circumstances. after an event that happened this year ive decided to do what i was as apposed to what others expect of me. im still active here because i enjoy the community and i enjoy being a part of the site. i also probably wont quit for some time seeing as how im a judge and i keep making files. also i have enough free time to dedicate to this site and having a powerful phone means i'll be on here no matter where i am
Old 09-29-2011, 10:41 AM   #26
vro
FFR Player

I was 13, I joined because I was obsessed with DDR(which I will always prefer over FFR). I was a really nerdy/awkward kid who didn't have a lot of friends, mainly because I kept trying to be someone I'm not. Been here since then? ;o

I'm 19 now, getting a degree in Music Education(Vocal), and I have plenty of friends now and a very active social life. I got pretty popular in high school because I finally decided to be myself without caring what people think, and sure enough, everyone started to like me. Go figure. I'm still on this site because college stresses me out at times and this is one of the sites I go on to de-stress. Plus, its fun to play some of the old songs on here sometimes.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #27
acidblast
FFR Player

I was 19 when I joined, working at an Internet Cafe (PC Bong). I joined because it was fun and it was quick games to pass the time. We werent allowed to play 'long' games because we had to attend to customers, so this was perfect. Been around for 8 yrs.

I am now 26, 27 in a few days. I am a project manager for a benefits administration. Im not really 'active' as you can see from my post count. New to the forum.
acidblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #28
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
ffr is nearing 10 years of age. How old were you when you joined? What were you doing in your life at the time? Why did you join? How long have you been here?

I started playing FFR when I was around the age of 12 and joined with an account at 13 years of age (6 months after first playing the game)).

I was in 7th grade and that was about the time I started to really get into music. I played the drums and got into the rubiks cube too at this time.

I was playing DDR at the YMCA and some kid noticed how good I was and wanted to show me FFR on the computer and so he showed me how hard it was by playing FotBB (he couldnt pass it) and from watching that I wanted to try to get good enough to pass the song.

Been a member for 4.5+ years and played for over 5+

I am now 17 and turning 18 in December.

Currently a senior in highschool. I have realized that my strong area is math and I love my computer classes (taking programming for the second time and LAN). I need to figure out what I want to do when I get out of highschool.

Still active because of the community, the fact that this game never ends and the fact that its always being updated with new things (songs, features, etc.), I always have room to improve, and because I love tapping to music haha.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:08 PM   #29
i hate you
FFR Player

I started playing FFR in 2006 at age 16. I discovered FFR when Rebound (my twin brother btw) showed me this website. It was awesome and I enjoy playing FFR at the time. We discovered Stepmania about a month later I believe (I don't remember how though, maybe Rebound knows).

I retired from FFR in 2008 due to lack of interest in the game. I hated the old, ****** ass FFR staff/pros/elitists. Eventually, it just got too much for me, so I quit.

I'm age 21 right now and I'm still somewhat active on this site visiting the forums and sometimes troll around the forums, but I don't play FFR anymore. I still play a little Stepmania and step random files. I'm recently a student at Texas Southern University majoring in Biology.

PS: I love the new FFR Staff. It's so much better than the old staff.
i hate you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:39 PM   #30
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

I had a friend who showed me in like 05/06, and I laughed at him and blew it off as lame.

Then a different friend showed me it again in like 07 and I was like hey, I remember this. I sucked at it. And that friend was like so? Try it! And so I whored Terror From Beyond and Alpha Helix til I could play lolololol. Then I was hooked.

I quit FFR for about three months in 08/09, came back, and then there was the downtime, but here I am, still playing this game.

I think what kept me here was this:
The game itself; I love music, and what better way to listen than to "play along"?
The community; wasn't big into this until after the down-time really, but ily guys and I don't plan on going anywhere. Too much fun.

Now that I'm in college, things might change but haven't really as of yet.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #31
ic0slay3r
Falangel <3
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ic0slay3r Send a message via Skype™ to ic0slay3r

Quote:
How old were you when you joined?
I started playing when I was 14 years old, but joined the site at 15.

Quote:
What were you doing in your life at the time?
highschool and runescape :$

Quote:
Why did you join? How long have you been here?
I was really into DDR at that time and a friend of mine showed me Stepmania on his computer, and I was fascinated. So when I got home I instantly installed it, and then I found out I had to get songs for the game, cause it dint had any :< so searching for songs I found this site. I manly used it for the database, but after a while I found out about the game.

I have been a member for 5 years now.

Quote:
20 years old. In my last year in college, studing something that won't help me at all in the future (Graphic Arts) but I don't want to quit/change now cause I'm about to finish.

I'm still here cause I like this community a lot. I don't play the game that much, but from time to time I play a song or to. I'm mostly in the forums.

AAA:531
Best AAAs: Be Princess | Happy Happy Shining Star!! | XP Sounds Attempt | BB Euro | Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate | It's Only Natural | Shihen | Epic
Best non-AAAs: Summer Time Perfume (6-0-0-0), The Divine Suicide of K (5-0-0-0), Strangeprogram (4-0-0-0), Going On Spring Wind (3-0-0-1) Lawn Wake I (2-0-0-2), Rottel-da-station (0-0-0-1)
# of BF: 42

-------
ic0slay3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:23 PM   #32
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight

I was 13, it was two days before Christmas 2006 and I spent a good two hours trying to FC Spontaneous Hydroxide. Idk why I joined, seemed fun. A creepy boy who stalked me at school saw me playing, joined, stalked my page. Left for what I thought would be forever. Came back a year later in March, couldn't remember my password, made this name, the rest is history. Technically I've been here about 6 years, but on this name it's almost 5. :')

Now I am 19. I'm studying Medical Science and Journalism (lol polar opposites) in college. I love the community so I'm still here. And I still have a long way to go before I'm actually good at the game. Or because I have no life lawl.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #33
TheNoSoMan
FFR Player

I was like 11 when I first played this game. My friend showed it to me because his older brother who was like 13 had a friend who put stepmania on his computer. So I played it and had some of the neatest or nostalgic simfiles that I would describe terrible now. I remember my friend's goal was to try and fc ddr V for extreme oni, how awesome beethoven virus was, and how hard v3 o2 jam version was.

Then he showed me ffr afterwards and occasionally at my middle school, I would play it in the library. I was surprised by how many of my friends made accounts on ffr just for the social aspect. And that was before they found facebook.

Then I quit for a reason I can't remember in like late 2008 for fighting game simul mugen, only to realize the community sucks major ass.

I'm still here because i still play stepmania. Not so much ffr because of the huge timing windows and lack of customization. My skill level is rather low (can do basic 160 js with some pa) Earlier in the year, I got into ITG heavily which kinda made me go on here and aaroninjapan much more often.

Last edited by TheNoSoMan; 09-29-2011 at 02:31 PM..
TheNoSoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #34
BethanyBangs
~
FFR Veteran

How old were you when you joined?
~I was 11 or 12, I just remember it was 06 and I was in 6th grade <3

What were you doing in your life at the time?
~Going to school like a good child?

Why did you join?
~I was ALWAYS interested in rhythm games. Going to arcades and seeing people play DDR I was like: WOW I wanna be like them :c

How long have you been here?
For like..over 5 years.

How old are you now?
17 years old.

What are you doing in your life now?
Trying to survive my senior year.

Why are you still active on this site?
Because I have gotten a MAJOR skill boost this year. In the past 5 months actually. And not to mention I love a ton of people here. :3
Old 09-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #35
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:

I was either 10 years old, or just about to be 10. I was goin' to school, what's better than school when you're 10? -.-

I remember I walked downstairs, to find my sister playing it; Libertine, to be exact. She was playing one-handed arrow keys (and so did I for the first 3 years) and I was perplexed at how "amazing" she was. Then I asked her if I could play, and she let me try. On my first play I supped her so bad by FC'ing it, and she was like "wtf butt why u no bad at game!?" and all I could do was sit there and laugh. Now I've been here for a little over 4.3 years.

Now I'm 14 years old (15 in February), and I just started Freshman year in High School, and I must say, it's a LOT different here.

I'm still active on this site because I was and always will be a diehard rythem game player. All I ever really think about is music, so it really helps me stay interested. I only really "joined" the forum after the downtime (which I only found out had gone back up back in November!), and I love you guys. I really wish I had been a part of the community sooner, but what can you do.

EDIT: I also remember how back then, everyone (including myself) always thought we were SO cool or daring when we lied about our age (yea sorry about that). Now I look back and I'm like "really? Did I really have so much of an ego back then that I made my username "Yo Man Im Awesome"? Really?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

Last edited by yo man im awesome; 09-29-2011 at 03:22 PM..
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:31 PM   #36
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Well, it's a stage haha =]
Old 09-29-2011, 04:02 PM   #37
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

When I joined I was 15 years old about to turn 16. I made an account the day I found the game, awein999 as you can all see. A good friend of mine showed me this game telling me they think I'd like it. I love music and games so naturally I loved this game. I was there just for the game. I never used the forums and it seemed silly to me that people would not play the game and post in the forums instead. At the time I was a sophomore in highschool. I wasn't doing much, I was bored and lost in life.

Today I browse the forums every day and read what's going on. I go on spurts of playing ffr. I definitely don't play as often but I make sure to play everything and I won't stop. I went for bill in a day a month ago for epicness and succeeded. That was hella fun.

I'm a sophomore in college 19 going on 20. I am undecided as formal education doesn't appeal to me. If I had to pick something I'd pick psychology. I hate school and I want to leave. College is not for me. There are few people in college I have been happy to be around. I hate the formal classroom setting. And I hate being a student. If my family wasn't so rich I wouldn't have hesitated to not go to college. But because they stubbornly thought I should and are paying for it I caved. It was the worst decision of my life. I just have very few things in common with the people at MCLA last year or FSU this year.

A couple years ago I discovered poker and I've obsessed over the game ever since. I want to get a shitty job and work that for a year. Then quit when I turn 21 and try to make it as a professional poker player. If I'm good enough I could get a "sponsorship"/make a deal with certain people/get staked for certain tournaments in my less than rolled state. My dad would never ever ever ever understand why I'd choose this and it makes it harder for me that I come from a well off family. I guarantee if I came from an average family it would be so much more accepting. Right now I'm bored in school. I'm still bored as I was as a 15 year old, but I have found a place in my mind. I'm a believer that college is a big waste of time for what I want in life and that if I have an idea that I think is successful without a college degree I don't need to go to college if I don't want to. If somehow poker doesn't work out I could try to make it in some sort of gaming field. Or try to pull a Tass of sorts. I know for sure that I will not be happy with a conventional lifestyle.

Last edited by awein999; 09-29-2011 at 04:05 PM..
awein999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:18 PM   #38
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

i was 11 now i'm 16 my life is pretty much the same except now i hate myself
Old 09-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #39
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

I was 19 when I joined FFR in 2004. I was a freshman at Northwestern University. I joined because my freshman roommate told me about the site and a few kids on my hall played for a short time. Only I still had any interest in it by the end of the year. So I've been here for just under 7 and a half years.

Now I'm 26. I'm finishing my second time around school, student teaching at a high school in south jersey. And I'm still active because teenagers are hilarious. And someone has to keep you kids in check.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #40
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

I was introduced to FFR by a friend (who was also introduced by a friend) when I went over to his house that fateful day. I distinctly remember playing the Final Fantasy VII Battle Theme which has since been removed. I remember using the arrow key cluster and playing on the default (at that time) left scroll.

My brother was there as well and the three of us took turns trying to pass the song. I was first to do so because Lego Racers (arguably the bane of my FFR career) gave me a nice advantage. I say it was my bane because my left thumb was on the left arrow, left index on up, right index on down and left middle on right. That became muscle memory, except I've switched to spread which means my thumb's role is now being completed by my left middle.

Profile says 5.39 years, so that puts me at 12 years old. I was just going to school and coming home to play PS2 games or FFR. Been here ever since.

Now I'm 17; 18 in March. Not much has changed. I'm a Junior in high school and I've pretty well kicked the habit of procrastination, so I play FFR when I'm done with my homework, and not before.

I was, I would think, more active with the community prior to the downtime. Once Shashakiro quit I was like, "Damn. My idol," because I always considered him to be the best FFR player. I got pissed off with some skill tokens and left for a bit, but I can't just abandon a site I've spent 5 years of my life with. So, I keep coming back, gradually improving and slowly approaching the 1000 post mark.

tl;dr: 12/17, School and that hasn't changed, 5.39 years, can't bring myself to just abandon this site.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote