Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 12:14 AM   #281
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru
Default Re: Heroes

I'm with Squeek on this one. Every acted like a moron in this episode but Adam. Sylar killed 1 of the 3 characters who should be dead, lets pray Maya and West will be the two heroes that will disappear.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:41 AM   #282
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Yeah just for fun let me elaborate.

Maya: Screw my brother I care more about this random stranger.

Alejandro: I don't speak English. Wait, I speak some English. Would've been smart of me to repeat some of the death threats Sylar said to me to my sister who conveniently speaks English.

Niki: I'm going to die. Here's me telling everyone about it. And ignoring one of the last mementos my husband left me.

Micah: My cousin is in trouble and it's all my fault. Time to run away.

Monica: I'm in trouble. It's a shame I'm too stupid to use any of my abilities to break these gangster's necks and run away.

Peter: I'm going to mindlessly follow this guy despite all the bad things everyone says about him from my brief experience with talking to him while in jail.

Matt: I'll conveniently not ask for help while I search for this person who might have the power to kill me instantly.

Suresh: Let's go investigate the virus that will kill us all and continue not to trust the only man who knows the harm it can bring about.

Elle: Somehow I'll decide slings are cool to wear and make myself unable to make a getaway after my pointlessly close-contact observation of Claire.

Claire: Cry cry cry. Who cares about revenge, let's just cry.

West: Why bother helping Claire let's just stand there looking stupid.

Hiro: Let's not make rational decisions. Just go kill people that I already failed to kill once based on insignificant evidence.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:18 PM   #283
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

To be fair, Alejandro probably learned some English on his journey to New York and probably doesn't remember any of the words Sylar had said earlier. I mean, if someone said anything to me in a different language I did not know, I wouldn't remember any of the words he said a week later, even if I started learning some words of the language. But he's like, lol, lets attack Sylar without any weapons, I know he's a known murderer and might try to murder me, but I'll go in there with fists only.

Also, Peter doesn't know who to believe because he has yet to receive a reasonable explanation. I mean, the first person who could have given him an explanation had a gun pointed at him. As he said, Adam to him, is a good person. Adam helped Peter escaped jail, heal his brother, and helped bring back his memories. For all he knows, Adam is trying to save the world. When Hiro, the other person who could provide an explanation, charges straight at Peter without saying more than, "you have chosen the wrong side."

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:45 PM   #284
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

If you didn't know what someone said in a foreign language and had someone who knew that language readily-accessible, you could at least mangle your way through it. I don't know Japanese at all but I can still speak it and understand it when spoken.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:05 PM   #285
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin

Maya: stupid

Alejandro: he's not going to repeat everything Sylar said to him to Maya, even if he was giving him a really creepy look, not that he couldn't have done more

Niki: depression/concession

Micah: fear

Monica: fear

Peter: mixed emotions, can't really do anything else when he knows the virus is about to be released

Matt: probably subconscious cockiness, mixed with his increasing evilness

Suresh: probably doesn't want to be around either side after the beach incident

Elle: stupid

Claire: depression

West: quickly put into uncomfortable situation

Hiro: emotional over the guy that sold him out and killed his father

I think most of them could certainly be smarter, but some of the stupid decisions/hesitations (Monica) are quite justified.
╚═╝ ║lll║ ║

OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT
Wilkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:00 AM   #286
Xapti
FFR Player

I thought it was wierdly stupid that not only did Hiro go charging at Peter without hardly talking to him, but that he went charging at him at all. Realize that he can't manipulate time around peter (or at least seems that way), and doesn't he know about Peter's powers? (I kinda forgot what he knows about that) He can definately see the energy comming out of his hand though, you think that would have been enough to not attack him :\

I never really thought of what any others were doing was too stupid. I don't have the episode fresh in my mind, and missed the first 5 minutes or something, but there wasn't much that wouldn't be understandable human behaviour knowing the circumstances.
Xapti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2007, 03:22 AM   #287
Wilkin
FFR Player

Starting to think that Adam kills Parkman.

fyi
╚═╝ ║lll║ ║

Old 12-3-2007, 03:25 AM   #288
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Let's see.

a) Tim Kring is disappointed in this Volume.

b) Tim Kring is disappointed with the lack of character integration the new characters brought to the table.

c) Tim Kring will kill a prominent character.

One of these sentences doesn't belong!
Old 12-3-2007, 10:47 AM   #289
friggione
FFR Player

I'm sorry guys but sometimes i get lost cause my english is not perfect....

What does the expression "Horrifying spa debacle" means?

Or what does is stand for?

Thanx everybody!

Friggione
friggione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2007, 04:38 PM   #290
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Guys can someone tell me how much of this thread I can read before it goes into series 2 please?
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2007, 06:13 PM   #291
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Posts 1-144 are all about Season 1.
Old 12-3-2007, 06:47 PM   #292
SethSquall
FFR Player

How could you guys think the end of the first series was epic. I thought it sucked so bad. I thought it was going to be amazing.

The build up to Hiros part and all he did was run into him and stab him once and get backhanded into the past. I thought Pete and Sylar would proper duel but all that happened was a few people got blown back and Peter punched him once or twice.

And what the hell why didn't they just shoot Pete and have Claire heal him like before. Nathan flying him away was so unnecessary and they both die (presumably). Pointless. Please someone correct me.

I loved all the show but I thought the series finale was such a buzzkill.
Old 12-3-2007, 06:54 PM   #293
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

1) Hiro's part was too short, but it was to prove that his power isn't invincible. Sylar was stabbed (also proving Isaac's comic), but mustered the strength to hurl Hiro into a building (using Telekinesis, of course). Hiro, to avoid actually getting hurt, spontaneously uses his time-travel.

2) The duel was awesome. Not as good as their future duel or the duel in Mohinder's apartment, but it was sweet. Peter is losing, but then he absorb's Niki's strength and uses that to smash the parking meter into Sylar. Four super-strength punches to the face later and Sylar is down.

3) That made no sense to me either. Claude was able to stop Peter from exploding by smacking him in the head.

The only logical explanation comes from a flashback in Volume 2 that talks about what happened at the end of Volume 1(not much of a spoiler, so I don't mind saying it despite the fact that you haven't seen it). As he and Nathan are in the air, Peter says it's taking all of his power not to explode and that he's unable to muster any other ability (like being able to fly away). If this is the case, he wouldn't have been able to regenerate and he would've died if shot. Or worse, the shock of the blow would've caused him to just blow up on the spot, taking New York with him.
Old 12-3-2007, 07:09 PM   #294
SethSquall
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
1) Hiro's part was too short, but it was to prove that his power isn't invincible. Sylar was stabbed (also proving Isaac's comic), but mustered the strength to hurl Hiro into a building (using Telekinesis, of course). Hiro, to avoid actually getting hurt, spontaneously uses his time-travel.
Yea I got this, it just seemed so weak, after all the stuff we've seen from Hiro and that philosophical training session he has from his dad and all the effort into getting the sword. He just runs up sword pointing out into Sylar, I was expecting a bit more like.

Quote:
2) The duel was awesome. Not as good as their future duel or the duel in Mohinder's apartment, but it was sweet. Peter is losing, but then he absorb's Niki's strength and uses that to smash the parking meter into Sylar. Four super-strength punches to the face later and Sylar is down.
Maybe I didn't like the duel. It comes down to those four power punches. I thought, stopping the bullets and the meter thing was cool but I didn't think it was enough. I'm not the type if guy that needs over the top explosions or naked vampire chicks riding motorcycles kicking ass to make me happy either. I just think it was built up way way way too much, the fight lasted like 5 minutes. I also thought there would be more use of there powers, as Sylar and Peter had most of them at there disposal.

Quote:
3) That made no sense to me either. Claude was able to stop Peter from exploding by smacking him in the head.
I know go figure.

Quote:
The only logical explanation comes from a flashback in Volume 2 that talks about what happened at the end of Volume 1(not much of a spoiler, so I don't mind saying it despite the fact that you haven't seen it). As he and Nathan are in the air, Peter says it's taking all of his power not to explode and that he's unable to muster any other ability (like being able to fly away). If this is the case, he wouldn't have been able to regenerate and he would've died if shot. Or worse, the shock of the blow would've caused him to just blow up on the spot, taking New York with him.
Meh, I guess this checks out barely. I think it's quite weak though.
Old 12-3-2007, 08:12 PM   #295
Wilkin
FFR Player

Quote:
Let's see.

a) Tim Kring is disappointed in this Volume.

b) Tim Kring is disappointed with the lack of character integration the new characters brought to the table.

c) Tim Kring will kill a prominent character.

Never said it had to make sense, but it feels like out of two characters dying, one has to be someone of some importance, instead of just underdeveloped people like Maya and Monica.
╚═╝ ║lll║ ║

Old 12-3-2007, 08:28 PM   #296
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

This episode is so the feeling of last season.

Oh my god this is awesome.
Old 12-3-2007, 08:33 PM   #297
Wilkin
FFR Player

Quote:
This episode is so the feeling of last season.

Oh my god this is awesome.
You know I didn't think it would start happening this early.

But yes, awesome.

Quick edit Sylar's list of victims on Wikipedia.

edit: omgomgogmomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg
╚═╝ ║lll║ ║

Last edited by Wilkin; 12-3-2007 at 08:42 PM..
Old 12-3-2007, 09:01 PM   #298
Wilkin
FFR Player

Quote:
Sup.
╚═╝ ║lll║ ║

Old 12-3-2007, 09:05 PM   #299
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Disappointing conclusion. Saw it coming from ages away. Nothing was resolved.

It's also incredibly ambiguous.

1) Maya - dead or not? Guessing no. If not, then...

2) Nathan - dead or not? Guessing no. He has Adam's blood in him. He should be able to cure wounds.

3) Niki - dead or not? Guessing yes. Writers have this tendency to make widows join the departed at the end of a story. Don't know why.

4) Adam - coming back? Obviously. Hiro could've done better.

5) Maury - coming back? Obviously. Why don't they kill these people?

This whole thing about healing blood and all is just stupid. I wish they hadn't have done it. Peter / Claire / Adam can just infuse blood into anyone and they'll never die. In fact, I'm surprised the blood hasn't just cloned them. Why not? If you can regrow body parts, you should be able to regrow a body a la Cell from DBZ. Your blood has your body's DNA, after all.

It's just too ambiguous. I hope they tie up the loose ends.
Old 12-3-2007, 09:12 PM   #300
Wilkin
FFR Player

I'm sure Hiro didn't know Adam has a weakness, and I guess he likes irony. I mean, as long as he took the sword, Adam's gonna be gone for a looooonnnnng time. What would have rather he'd done?

ps they would've had to be REALLY close to both fit in that coffin

The healing ability power is in the brain (hence its weakness), so indpendent blood couldn't do anything. The effect of the blood in everyone who's been infused with it has to go away obviously. The blood only has healing properties, it doesn't contain the actual power.

What I'm wondering is that since Peter gained Claire's power, would his blood be efficient to heal Nathan? I agree with everything being ambiguous as hell, expecially with Niki, but that never stopped them from killing off DL for no reason, with a lame explanation for that matter.
╚═╝ ║lll║ ║

Last edited by Wilkin; 12-3-2007 at 09:19 PM..