Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #201
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Community Pack Summer 2011 (Submissions Open)

Leave the difficulty ratings for me to do. I have to re-rate pretty much all of the files in the pack anyways to NPS scale, similar to what I used in LCP3.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #202
BeatofIke
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
Leave the difficulty ratings for me to do. I have to re-rate pretty much all of the files in the pack anyways to NPS scale, similar to what I used in LCP3.
Quick question, How do you calculate it?
BeatofIke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:18 PM   #203
Gundam-Dude
`~`

Quote:
total tap notes in song / [(time of last note - time of first note) + 1/8th note] = raw NPS (0-0.499 is rounded down, 0.5-0.999 is rounded up)

1/8th note is added to balance out extremely short songs. If a song is ended on a hold, the time used is the start of the hold.
And FudgeFactor comes into play where I'd have to subjectively look into each file's difficulty and tweak the raw NPS that's been calculated (usually I tweak it no more than 2). Having had practice with this method in LCP3, I can more or less guess accurately so it won't take me long to re-rate all of the files.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #204
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

im excited for this pack
Old 06-12-2011, 10:30 PM   #205
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

It's going to be one huge download. I'll have to make some room on my computer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:37 PM   #206
XxMidigamixX
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to XxMidigamixX Send a message via Skype™ to XxMidigamixX

*drumroll for final judgment that's coming up soon*
XxMidigamixX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:41 PM   #207
megamon88
aka Assertive
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Sent my file. Hopefully 2 difficulties is enough.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:59 PM   #208
XxMidigamixX
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to XxMidigamixX Send a message via Skype™ to XxMidigamixX

Quote:
And FudgeFactor comes into play where I'd have to subjectively look into each file's difficulty and tweak the raw NPS that's been calculated (usually I tweak it no more than 2). Having had practice with this method in LCP3, I can more or less guess accurately so it won't take me long to re-rate all of the files.
And one quick question: When using the total number of tap notes, does it only consist of single notes (like how DDReam does) or including jumps, hands, and quads (like SM when using the editor)?
Old 06-13-2011, 12:00 AM   #209
ca25nada
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to ca25nada

it includes jumps/hands/quads.
ca25nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:45 AM   #210
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Sent in 2 files.

1 file Trevor/I made for TS and I never heard ANYTHING about it
1 file I made for the nostalgia pack but since it's down I sent it in.

Both are kinda difficult. (Minus the easier 3 charts on one of them.)

Last edited by Xx{Midnight}xX; 06-13-2011 at 01:49 AM..
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:46 AM   #211
Yume_Kuro
FFR Player

Files Received: 83
OMG… amazing '_'
Yume_Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #212
Gundam-Dude
`~`

R176 (plopadop)
The 64th bursts in the beginning measures are nasty difficulty spikes and feel overlayered. Simplifying them would be a better choice. The quad hold part at Beat 178 is tough to read but I guess that's the intended effect you were going for. Jacks later on in the file are tough to hit at this speed but add even more scoring factor to this. Holds are a tad long in length, even for the mini-holds. I'd personally trim them down a tad more to make it less dense to read especially with all the hand and jump usages. Well layered and replayable for scoring. Yes

I Want You (ca25nada & Yume)
Personal subjectivity here but I'm really not fond of layering mini-holds for piano chords. The bit of 12th swing parts were a nice touch though personally I'd shift the 12ths down to a 64th as I find that 12ths are much hard to time and MA when it's broken up swing like this. Well layered, excellent freeze usage. Yes

Carol of the Bells (wc)
Metal and 16th jumpstream, just what this pack was missing. Well layered and pretty fun. Yes

Over My Head (Better Off Dead) (wc)
Mainstream rock, just what the pack was missing. Well layered but a little lackluster. Yes

Waka Laka (Rebound)
Standard - Good as an easier chart. Yes
Heavy - Handsmash galore but it was fun. Colour gimmicks were a nice touch. Yes

Stately, Wrong (eastsideman09)
Not fond of a few patterns used for jacks and bursts but this was well layered. Replayable for scoring. Yes

ARK's OP (Midigami)
lmao. Laughed but not quite a file suitable for the pack. Keep this for some dump pack. No

Kung-fu Empire (Midigami)
Due to leonid's restrictions on having files in Single Song Pack remain anonymous, I can't accept or review this. No

STRANGEPROGRAM (Midigami)
Looking at Oni chart. Offset was late by 0.04 (global offset problem most likely). A lot of the layering is inconsistent at times, like missing jump placements and 16ths. I see that you've switched up layering between sections however they don't transition too well and it really breaks the flow. Also a lot of patterns feel like the orignal strangeprogram index chart; I'm not seeing much of a difference between the files aside from the different layering aspects. It's playable as an index chart but aside from that I really don't think this is -different- enough to be acceptable as a restep. Not the best song choice to pick to restep TBH but this was at the very least a good attempt. No

VerTex (eastsideman09)
Oh man, those 8th jacks are tough especially during the speed up. Good for scoring but compared to your other submissions this is probably the weaker of them all. Likewise to what I said to SulferDragon, I'd rather reserve spots for people who have yet to submit so I'll think about this. Maybe

The Dark Messenger (eastsideman09)
Holds are a tad long in length so trimming them down a 16th or so shorter would be nice. Aside from that, well layered just a little lackluster. Yes

Into the Mouth of Hell We March (eastsideman09)
M33 is tough to hit from the minor holdstream. M40, I don't really get the 32nd trills and they add an unnecessary difficulty spike. M42, 205BPM triplet patterns of [1][2][1][1][1][2][1] are very hard and awkward to hit. Also the 205BPM 24th stream patterns aren't all that easy to hit. Very end of Beat 394.5 is just outright hard to hit. Aside from my nagging on patterns, it's well layered. I'm willing to pass this off because I think people will play this file for scoring. Yes

7/8 (Midigami vs. Xypherion vs. Rainlxrawr)
As a heads up I'm slightly biased before reviewing this because I stepped this song already, lol. You're missing piano notes in the very beginning measures. The 24ths that layer the piano are overlayered and way too overemphasized; they should be 16ths. A lot of the jacks are unnecessary and break the flow of the file. It'd've been a better choice to layer them as broken stream. There's a lot of hold abuse; Try to limit yourselves with the holds and layer only prominent and/or important sounds that need holds. There's a real inconsistency with jump and hand usages but this has to do with you 3 working on different sections and not thinking about how the file plays out overall in structure which is the real weak point to this file. Also the second half of the file is completely offsync. It was a decent attempt but this needs major reworking. No

Dare? (SulferDragon)
This is a very leonid-esque file, lmao. It's fun to play and good for scoring. Yes

KNSM (Wineandbread)
Auto Accepted

Cerbera (Megamon88)
Heavy - Good as an easier chart. Yes
Oni - M71+ the one handed 24th trills are tough to hit. The stop gimmicks didn't seem all that necessary. Layering is good. Yes

S.Y.S.T.E.M (Xx{Midnight}xX)
The layering is a bit all over the place since you're ignoring the bass and percussive hits during the minijack sections in the beginning but in the other sections you finally layer it in. That transition between them I find a bit flow disrupting. M25+ the holds are too long in length and to be frank weren't all that necessary. The longer the holds and the more holdstepping, the denser and more awkward the section. M30+ is very tricky to hit because of the holds. Beat 126 and later on is a bit inconsistent as you switch from layering the bass rush from jumptrills into long jumpjacks, which is also very hard to hit. There's a random lone note at the very end of the file at M84. Overall, layering wasn't too bad but the file was pretty lackluster mostly due to song choice alone. Not the best song to choose to step, especially when it's a restep, you're take a big risk because people are reluctant to play resteps in general. I only see this being replayable for scoring factor but aside from that I'm not sure if this will appeal in particular compared to the other files in the pack. No

It's My Fault (Xx{Midnight}xX vs T-Forc3)
Offset was late by 0.04 (global offset issue probably but I fixed it regardless).
Easier charts - Good. Yes
Heavy - Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah. I'm only willing to pass this off because the easier charts are good, lmao. I'll probably have to bump this difficulty up to Challenge to note the huge difficulty gap between this and the easier charts. Yes

63 files in queue. I'll have a final GFX checklist up in a bit. I've already asked around for GFX help but if you can help out, it'd be much appreciated as it'd lessen my workload.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #213
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

carlos....did you step trans-siberian orchestra....
Old 06-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #214
Gundam-Dude
`~`

Check 2nd post in the thread for GFX checklist.
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...19&postcount=2

Don't sweat it if the list can't be plowed through. Post GFX here or get them to me via PM or IRC. Either method works.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #215
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann

I'll start some and post them here if thats cool
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #216
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Oh my gosh it got in.
Good day just turned great.
Also thanks for the system notes. Appreciate it very much.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #217
eastsideman09
poker face
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

3.5 out of 4 submissions, I'll take it

Quote:
Into the Mouth of Hell We March (eastsideman09)
M33 is tough to hit from the minor holdstream. M40, I don't really get the 32nd trills and they add an unnecessary difficulty spike. M42, 205BPM triplet patterns of [1][2][1][1][1][2][1] are very hard and awkward to hit. Also the 205BPM 24th stream patterns aren't all that easy to hit. Very end of Beat 394.5 is just outright hard to hit. Aside from my nagging on patterns, it's well layered. I'm willing to pass this off because I think people will play this file for scoring. Yes
I can send you some revisions later tonight. I've gotta work for the next like 9 hours, so yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
wow ur pretty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
caring should be a get-outable offense
eastsideman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #218
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraezymann View Post
I'll start some and post them here if thats cool
Actually, nevermind. Something has come up. I'll start tomorrow or something
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #219
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Auto-accepted for da ****ing win
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #220
XxMidigamixX
FFR Player

Quote:
7/8 (Midigami vs. Xypherion vs. Rainlxrawr)
As a heads up I'm slightly biased before reviewing this because I stepped this song already, lol. You're missing piano notes in the very beginning measures. The 24ths that layer the piano are overlayered and way too overemphasized; they should be 16ths. A lot of the jacks are unnecessary and break the flow of the file. It'd've been a better choice to layer them as broken stream. There's a lot of hold abuse; Try to limit yourselves with the holds and layer only prominent and/or important sounds that need holds. There's a real inconsistency with jump and hand usages but this has to do with you 3 working on different sections and not thinking about how the file plays out overall in structure which is the real weak point to this file. Also the second half of the file is completely offsync. It was a decent attempt but this needs major reworking. No
Ah. I'll fix them up since I had just gotten new headphones. Its somewhat hard when you only have one functioning speaker and headphones are acting all derpish. And yes, I noticed that you stepped it but my friends and I wanted to step the full version and I guess that's what killed it hehe...well, I'll fix up the jacks and the 24ths (I really don't know what happened...then again, it could be my speakers/headphones that made it sound like 24ths instead of 16ths...happens sometimes hehe...). Well, time to fix them. Also, glad that you find ARK's OP to be funny, though I threw it in there to see if it would've been accepted (I would've laughed if did xP).